inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Robert Downey Jr warns fans about online 'scam artists'

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/17 at 5:10 am

Robert Downey Jr has warned fans not to fall for "scam artists" who claim to be him on social media and ask for money. The actor wrote on Facebook that "one or more scam artists have taken to impersonating me online and asking some of you via private message or chat for 'donations' for various 'causes'". The Iron Man star continued: "If you encounter someone on a chat platform claiming to be me, they are lying."  Hundreds of fans replied, many of whom have been approached by impostors. Some said they had also been contacted by people claiming to be other stars like Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling and Hugh Jackman - but the vast majority said they had quickly sniffed out the deception.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41035371

Subject: Re: Robert Downey Jr warns fans about online 'scam artists'

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/24/17 at 6:50 am

Robert Downey Jr has warned fans not to fall for "scam artists" who claim to be him on social media and ask for money. The actor wrote on Facebook that "one or more scam artists have taken to impersonating me online and asking some of you via private message or chat for 'donations' for various 'causes'". The Iron Man star continued: "If you encounter someone on a chat platform claiming to be me, they are lying."  Hundreds of fans replied, many of whom have been approached by impostors. Some said they had also been contacted by people claiming to be other stars like Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling and Hugh Jackman - but the vast majority said they had quickly sniffed out the deception.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41035371

You know what they say, there's a sucker born every minute?  ;D Really though, when it comes to this kind of stuff you really have to use your intuition about it. If something seems unlikely and strange it must be. Looks like most people know better anyway.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/17 at 6:52 am

Remember if an offer is to good to be true, it isn't!

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/27/17 at 6:49 am

That's right!

Written By: Howard on 08/27/17 at 2:26 pm

just don't click on it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/17 at 11:48 am

just don't click on it.
Keep well away.

Check for new replies or respond here...