inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It's Time For Me To Leave This Site (Tough Decision)

Written By: mqg96 on 08/24/17 at 12:30 pm

Over the past 2 years, it was fun interacting with a lot of folks on here including those who came over here from PersonalityCafe. There's so many topics to discuss on here such as new & politics, decades and nostalgia, hobbies, and even sharing your own photos on here! But as you all notice, I haven't been posting frequently on here the past several months, let alone in 2017. I posted a lot more throughout my first 2 years on this site. Recently, I just received my associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, and I just transferred to Kennesaw State and now I'm working on my Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering and hopefully I'll be done by 2020, and I'm LOADED with tough schedules moving forward. I want to focus more on my personal life now (family, new friends, etc.) and like I said before it doesn't help that I haven't been posting here lately. I don't need the repetitive (tiring) topics on this site to get in my mind while I focus on my school work. This doesn't mean I want my account to be deactivated (in case I visit on a few occasions), but I am officially retiring from this site and I need to adjust to this new journey I have ahead of me. A lot of new opportunities in the engineering work field that I'm excited for! Wish y'all best blessings, and GOODBYE!

BIG SHOUT-OUTS:

ZeldaFan20

MistaEazy-EMAN95 (Eric)

UltraGameDog (mxcrashxm)

Looney Toon (hope your cousin is doing well too!)

Sir Rothchild (Baltimoreian/NewYorkEagle)

#Infinity

ZELEK

ArcticFox

mach!ne_he@d

Brian

Rocinante (Katina Queen)

SpyroKev

Slim95

Slowpoke

TheReignMan99

SharksFan99

TheKid99

Howard

JordanK1982

bchris02

Encoder319

nally

AL-B

snozberries

90sBreath

jessica_ann

Subject: Re: It's Time For Me To Leave This Site (Tough Decision)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/24/17 at 12:37 pm

Congratulations man and good luck! :) I'm glad you're doing well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/17 at 12:54 pm

Take good care and have lots of good luck.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/24/17 at 12:57 pm

I wish you the best of luck man! If you need to talk or catch up for old time's sake, I'm here man.

BTW, I'm practically halfway done with college now myself. Should be finishing my bachelors degree either in Spring of 2018 or (more likely) Fall of 2018. Been so busy with work and summer classes that I'm barely around here as well.

Anyways, You've truly been a good friend and I hope to see you again someday :).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/24/17 at 1:02 pm

Take care my brother!. Enjoy the extra time with your family and friends. Also, I hope that you have a great time at Kennesaw State University.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/24/17 at 1:07 pm

I wish you the best of luck man! If you need to talk or catch up for old time's sake, I'm here man.

BTW, I'm practically halfway done with college now myself. Should be finishing my bachelors degree either in Spring of 2018 or (more likely) Fall of 2018. Been so busy with work and summer classes that I'm barely around here as well.

Anyways, You've truly been a good friend and I hope to see you again someday :).
So, you're close as he is. That's good. I just finished my associates degree a few months ago and I'm hoping to move it the next level. Sooner or later, all of us will be bachelor college graduates  :)

Oh and what's your major BTW?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/24/17 at 1:12 pm

Just asking....why are you guys going for your associate's degree first and then bachelor's? Why did you guys not choose to just get the bachelor's first and then potentially a master's? :P

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 08/24/17 at 1:15 pm

Farewell Marquis (even though you would visit here occasionally). As a friend of you for two years, this site hasn't been the same without you. But frankly, I haven't been that interested with this site since January of this year. I've been more interested into computers as well, since I'm fascinated with computer specs. Especially with gaming PCs. Good luck on your computer engineering degree.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/24/17 at 1:16 pm

Just asking....why are you guys going for your associate's degree first and then bachelor's? Why did you guys not choose to just get the bachelor's first and then potentially a master's? :P
For me, it's because I wasn't ready for that level at the time and the fact I possibly would not have the money.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/24/17 at 1:18 pm

So, you're close as he is. That's good. I just finished my associates degree a few months ago and I'm hoping to move it the next level. Sooner or later, all of us will be bachelor college graduates  :)

Oh and what's your major BTW?

IKR, we're all getting old ;D. Oh and I'm Studying Comp Sci with a minor in Poli Sci.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/24/17 at 1:20 pm

For me, it's because I wasn't ready for that level at the time and the fact I possibly would not have the money.

Oh OK. Do you feel ready now?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/24/17 at 1:21 pm

I guess some people would rather just save money and get an associates first. I know many friends who went to the community college by me and the tuition for each semester was only about 5k dollars :o. In comparison, in most state schools your chucking about 12k dollars, and thats not factoring room & board, meal plans, student parking, books, among other necessities.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/24/17 at 1:21 pm

Oh OK. Do you feel ready now?
Yeah, I'm now ready after about 4 years. However, the problem is that I was denied entry to the university I applied to due to lack of space.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/24/17 at 1:24 pm

You forgot me, but anyway, back to the main topic, I feel kind of sad that you're leaving. I hope all goes well for you and good luck with engineering.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/24/17 at 1:26 pm

I guess some people would rather just save money and get an associates first. I know many friends who went to the community college by me and the tuition for each semester was only about 5k dollars :o. In comparison, in most state schools your chucking about 12k dollars, and thats not factoring room & board, meal plans, student parking, books, among other necessities.

Yeah, fair enough.

Yeah, I'm now ready after about 4 years. However, the problem is that I was denied entry to the university I applied to due to lack of space.

Oh OK. Same thing happened to me but instead of the Fall...I'm starting in the Spring (really...January).

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/24/17 at 1:28 pm

Yeah, fair enough.
Oh OK. Same thing happened to me but instead of the Fall...I'm starting in the Spring (really...January).
Well still, that's good. I'm still in that position until I reapply. I would actually do it right now, but I found out the school I applied for doesn't have openings for spring semester due to it being impacted so much.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/17 at 1:29 pm

Good Luck Marquis, take care and goodbye. :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/24/17 at 1:32 pm

Well still, that's good. I'm still in that position until I reapply. I would actually do it right now, but I found out the school I applied for doesn't have openings for spring semester due to it being impacted so much.

If you wouldn't mind sharing, what university is that?

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/24/17 at 1:41 pm

Yeah, dude. Just leave your account intact because another golden age for this site can just come back around.

If I manage to become active with the ladies, I might be gone to.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/24/17 at 1:45 pm

Yeah, dude. Just leave your account intact because another golden age for this site can just come back around.

THIS GUY! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/24/17 at 1:47 pm

Yeah I remember the Summer of 2015 like it was yesterday 8). It was me (ocarina), you, Marquis, Eric, Zelek (the first iteration), Infinity, UltraGameDog(mxcrashxm), Slowpoke (I could've sworn his name changed back then too), & Artic Fox, among others. I rarely see some of these guys anymore, heck I'm barely on here as much as I used to :-\\.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/24/17 at 1:48 pm

Maybe, we should create our own thread website! ;)

Written By: Zelek3 on 08/24/17 at 1:51 pm

Best of luck Marquis, we'll be cheering you on through your next adventure in life. :)

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/24/17 at 1:51 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe00s/smf/1451868710.shtml

This is that Retro Sh!T ;D

I'm sure Marquis, Eric, & Zelek remembers this.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 08/24/17 at 2:28 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe00s/smf/1451868710.shtml

This is that Retro Sh!T ;D

I'm sure Marquis, Eric, & Zelek remembers this.

Oh yeah. That was when I posted so much on InThe00s as Baltimoreian. I would pretty much post at any thread related to the 2000s.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/24/17 at 5:15 pm

It seems like so many people are leaving the site now.  :( Good luck with all your future endeavors.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/24/17 at 5:18 pm

Please take care in all that you do, and all the best to you! We will miss you!

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/24/17 at 5:25 pm

Yeah I remember the Summer of 2015 like it was yesterday 8). It was me (ocarina), you, Marquis, Eric, Zelek (the first iteration), Infinity, UltraGameDog(mxcrashxm), Slowpoke (I could've sworn his name changed back then too), & Artic Fox, among others. I rarely see some of these guys anymore, heck I'm barely on here as much as I used to :-\\.

Accurate list. Haha Back when topics felt fresh and addictive. InThe00s was exciting back then. I'll also throw in JordanK and Looney Toon. I doubt we'll see new established and colorful users.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/24/17 at 5:27 pm

Accurate list. Haha Back when topics felt fresh and addictive. InThe00s was exciting back then. I'll also throw in JordanK and Looney Toon. I doubt we'll see new established and colorful users.

Hey...what's that supposed to mean? >:(

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/24/17 at 5:36 pm

You may not be as much a veteran but you still been around at this point. I'm talking about users that's going to join after you, dude.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/24/17 at 5:52 pm

Sounds pretty rude if you ask me! >:( >:( >:(

Written By: exodus08 on 08/24/17 at 6:12 pm

Good riddance  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/24/17 at 6:22 pm

You may not be as much a veteran but you still been around at this point. I'm talking about users that's going to join after you, dude.

How do you know that they will be not established and not colorful? Sounds kind of rude.

Sounds pretty rude if you ask me! >:( >:( >:(

Yeah >:(.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/24/17 at 6:52 pm

I really don't know what else to tell you. You know what would have been badass though? You dudes just continuing doing your own thing around the site.

Anyway, this isn't the topic for this.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/24/17 at 8:33 pm

This website can get a bit repetitive sometimes!  :(  :(  :(

It's not as 'edgy' as it was 3 years ago.

Written By: aja675 on 08/25/17 at 4:05 am

MO6xhLtfwW0

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/25/17 at 2:50 pm

I'm not active very much on here anymore (for the same reasons that have caused others to leave), but I will say that it has been good talkin' with you all. From interesting topics that would pop up to very funny interactions between users.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/25/17 at 2:54 pm

I'm not active very much on here anymore (for the same reasons that have caused others to leave), but I will say that it has been good talkin' with you all. From interesting topics that would pop up to very funny interactions between users.

You're one of the best Looney! :)

Written By: Howard on 08/25/17 at 4:02 pm

that's a good idea.

Written By: Howard on 08/25/17 at 4:04 pm

You leaving too? :(

Written By: 2001 on 08/25/17 at 4:12 pm

Congrats man! Happy for you. ;)

Good luck on your future endeavours. There were fun times with you and others on this forum in 2016, haha. All those old threads are classics now.  8)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/26/17 at 1:28 am

Sad to hear that you're leaving for good. :( I have always enjoyed reading your input on topics, and while we haven't always seen eye to eye on some things, I have always appreciated and respected your contribution to the boards. I wish you the best of luck for your Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering and congratulations on receiving your associates degree. Hope you return to the forums one day! :)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/26/17 at 2:47 am

What do you mean? Create a new version of inthe00s?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/17 at 2:50 am

I  have not left, I am just taking a break...

Written By: Fearsword on 08/26/17 at 6:26 am

Good luck in the future

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/17 at 9:49 am

Basically...yeah.

However, I was being mostly facetious.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/26/17 at 10:28 am

Basically...yeah.

However, I was being mostly facetious.

Didn't Donnie Darko start his own alternative website? ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/17 at 11:57 am

Didn't Donnie Darko start his own alternative website? ???

I don't know. Donnie Darko has been gone for over a decade. I only joined this site in March of this year.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/26/17 at 12:12 pm

I don't know. Donnie Darko has been gone for over a decade. I only joined this site in March of this year.

Wow it's been 10 years?  :o

Subject: It's Time For Me To Leave This Site (Tough Decision)

Written By: Dude111 on 08/26/17 at 2:16 pm

We're gonna mi$$ ya buddy!!!!

Written By: wixness on 08/26/17 at 2:54 pm

Good luck, you'll be missed.

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/27/17 at 6:45 am

Over the past 2 years, it was fun interacting with a lot of folks on here including those who came over here from PersonalityCafe. There's so many topics to discuss on here such as new & politics, decades and nostalgia, hobbies, and even sharing your own photos on here! But as you all notice, I haven't been posting frequently on here the past several months, let alone in 2017. I posted a lot more throughout my first 2 years on this site. Recently, I just received my associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, and I just transferred to Kennesaw State and now I'm working on my Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering and hopefully I'll be done by 2020, and I'm LOADED with tough schedules moving forward. I want to focus more on my personal life now (family, new friends, etc.) and like I said before it doesn't help that I haven't been posting here lately. I don't need the repetitive (tiring) topics on this site to get in my mind while I focus on my school work. This doesn't mean I want my account to be deactivated (in case I visit on a few occasions), but I am officially retiring from this site and I need to adjust to this new journey I have ahead of me. A lot of new opportunities in the engineering work field that I'm excited for! Wish y'all best blessings, and GOODBYE!

BIG SHOUT-OUTS:

ZeldaFan20

MistaEazy-EMAN95 (Eric)

UltraGameDog (mxcrashxm)

Looney Toon (hope your cousin is doing well too!)

Sir Rothchild (Baltimoreian/NewYorkEagle)

#Infinity

ZELEK

ArcticFox

mach!ne_he@d

Brian

Rocinante (Katina Queen)

SpyroKev

Slim95

Slowpoke

TheReignMan99

SharksFan99

TheKid99

Howard

JordanK1982

bchris02

Encoder319

nally

AL-B

snozberries

90sBreath

jessica_ann

Uh oh, not you too!  :( Look, even with all the repetitive topics, there are good ones in between, and there will always be current events to be discussed. Maybe if more people started new topics about better subjects it would drown out some of the redundant stuff?

Check for new replies or respond here...