inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I think 2019 will be a good year

Written By: Slim95 on 08/25/17 at 1:07 pm

I have a feeling 2019 will be fun. One reason is because it is the last year of the 2010s, and everyone will be excited to enter a new decade. I know I will be happy for this decade to end and enter the '20s. It seems like the last year of a decade is always really fun like 1989 and 1999. 2009 was a bit of an anomaly because of the great recession which made for a darker vibe. But if some of this political tension dies down before 2019, I can see it being a very fun year. A couple other things going on:

It has been recently stated that the final season of Game of Thrones may not air until early 2019 due to production delays. So we got the series finale to look forward to that year most likely
The final Star Wars movie will be released in December of 2019 which will wrap up this decade quite nicely
Big movies such as Frozen 2 and Toy Story 4 will be out this year
Playstation 5 gets released
Microsoft Hololens is set to release to consumers this year
Two elections in Canada, one for my province and one federally. I enjoy election years a lot.
I will graduate university this year and I plan on going on a big trip to Europe in the summer as well.

Subject: Re: I think 2019 will be a good year

Written By: #Infinity on 08/25/17 at 1:15 pm

Also, the 2018 midterms may further neuter Trump's influence over American affairs.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/25/17 at 1:20 pm

Also, the 2018 midterms may further neuter Trump's influence over American affairs.

Yeah and by that time Trump may be impeached. Though the alternative isn't much better.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 08/25/17 at 4:14 pm

I have a feeling 2019 will be fun. One reason is because it is the last year of the 2010s, and everyone will be excited to enter a new decade. I know I will be happy for this decade to end and enter the '20s. It seems like the last year of a decade is always really fun like 1989 and 1999. 2009 was a bit of an anomaly because of the great recession which made for a darker vibe. But if some of this political tension dies down before 2019, I can see it being a very fun year. A couple other things going on:

It has been recently stated that the final season of Game of Thrones may not air until early 2019 due to production delays. So we got the series finale to look forward to that year most likely
The final Star Wars movie will be released in December of 2019 which will wrap up this decade quite nicely
Two elections in Canada, one for my province and one federally. I enjoy election years a lot.
I will graduate university this year and I plan on going on a big trip to Europe in the summer as well.

What if I decide to keep my Playstation 3? ???

Written By: bchris02 on 08/25/17 at 4:19 pm

Looking ahead to 2019, I am a bit concerned about the economy holding up.  There are signs that we are nearing another recession and with the Trump rollback of the Obama safeguards, its becoming even more likely.  Most articles I've read predict the next recession to be very much like the last one.

I'll also be interested to see where culture goes between now and then.  Culture, especially music, is still predominantly mid '10s, though it's clearly starting to get long in the tooth.

Written By: 2001 on 08/25/17 at 4:27 pm

I'll be 26 and real life will begin!  :o

Ain't it fun, living in the real world?
Ain't it good, bein' all alone?
:D

I think it will be the last year where technology will have a 2010s feel. In 2020, the real fun starts!  8)

Written By: Slim95 on 08/25/17 at 5:20 pm

I'll be 26 and real life will begin!  :o

Ain't it fun, living in the real world?
Ain't it good, bein' all alone?
:D

I think it will be the last year where technology will have a 2010s feel. In 2020, the real fun starts!  8)

I'll be 24 and I think I'm gonna feel old because I'll be in my mid 20s.  :-[ I think so too. The 2020s will see computer hardware get the fastest it can possibly be before Moore's Law stops applying.

Written By: Fearsword on 08/25/17 at 5:36 pm

There's going to be another total Solar Eclipse in South America that year!!

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/25/17 at 5:40 pm

Nope! I'm not looking forward, it's gonna be a sad time when the 2010s end. :\'(

Although I will be 19 and hopefully in university! :)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/25/17 at 5:49 pm

Historically it seems that the last year of a calendar decade is always good culturally. Not politically mind you, but in music for instance. The music of 1969 was extraordinary. Likewise all kinds of things were going on in 1979 with punk, the dreaded disco, etc. Even 1989 was interesting and I'm not a big fan of the 80s, having lived through it, mind you.

Written By: Fearsword on 08/25/17 at 6:03 pm

Normally terrible decades have happy endings. So i'm banking on 2019 to be a gr8 year! I do wonder what the media will say about this decade once late 2019 rolls around. I remember one that called the 2000s "The decade from hell". I wonder what they'll say about this decade haha.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/25/17 at 6:45 pm

Nothing. What do you expect will happen? ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/25/17 at 6:50 pm

I will be 20 years old in 2019. I'll finally be out of my teens and I'll also be an established college student then. I will enjoy the movies of that year like Toy Story 4, Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2, Star Wars: Episode IX, Bond 25, Spider-Man: Homecoming 2, Top Gun: Maverick (aka Top Gun 2) and Bad Boys 4.

I'll also hopefully be able to travel somewhere during that summer. I hope that 2019 is an EPIC year! Let's end the 2010s on a HIGH! 8)

Written By: bchris02 on 08/25/17 at 6:56 pm

Being born in '85, I have been conscious of culture for three decades, the '90s, the '00s, and the '10s.  I have found the best part of all three decades to be the '0' year and the 2-3 years on each side of it.  Most of my best memories are from 1989-1993, 1997-2003, and 2007-2012.  Likewise, I have typically liked the middle part of each decade the least.  I am sure this is just coincidence but it is interesting.  We'll see if this pattern holds true going into the true late '10s (2018-19).

Written By: exodus08 on 08/25/17 at 7:02 pm

I can't wait for the 10s to end.  ;D
Goodbye 10s, Hello 20s

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/25/17 at 7:12 pm

Goodbye 10s, Hello 20s

But you must realize that just because the calendar 2010's end does not mean they culturally end and that suddenly at the stroke of midnight everything will be somehow different. We may have a few years to go before the cultural 2010s actually end. I won't venture a prediction as to when that might be but I'm sure someone here might have a theory.  Everyone is always very optimistic at the end of a calendar decade, but the old one always tends to hang on a few years more.

Written By: annimal on 08/25/17 at 7:35 pm

At the stroke of midnight the spell will be broken

Written By: bchris02 on 08/25/17 at 11:38 pm

Goodbye 10s, Hello 20s

I honestly am not ready to say goodbye to the '10s yet.  It seems like it was just yesterday in some ways that I was ringing in 2010 at Closet Nightclub in Charlotte, NC with my then boyfriend, having the time of my life.  This has been a dark decade in my personal life and while in some ways 2010 seems like another life ago, in other ways it seems like it was just yesterday.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/17 at 7:18 am

Yeah and by that time Trump may be impeached. Though the alternative isn't much better.  :-\\

and that should be a good thing.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/17 at 7:20 am

I'll be 24 and I think I'm gonna feel old because I'll be in my mid 20s.  :-[ I think so too. The 2020s will see computer hardware get the fastest it can possibly be before Moore's Law stops applying.

upgrade to 10G!  :o

Written By: Howard on 08/26/17 at 7:22 am

Nothing. What do you expect will happen? ???

I don't know, I was asking you that.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/17 at 9:51 am

I don't know, I was asking you that.

Nothing will happen. You will just still have a PS3...meanwhile, many PS3 and PS4 owners will get a PS5.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/26/17 at 10:34 am

I'll also be interested to see where culture goes between now and then.  Culture, especially music, is still predominantly mid '10s, though it's clearly starting to get long in the tooth.

I actually think we're already starting to see the first early signs of a new culture forming. You're right, music is still mostly Mid '10s, however I think there are a few exceptions. I genuinely think that songs such as "Malibu", "Praying", "Younger Now", "Wild Thoughts" and "Slow Hands" would have sounded out of place if they were released in the Mid 2010s. Even Taylor Swift's and Katy Perry's horrible new singles sound quite different from the earlier works released by both artists respectively.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/26/17 at 12:22 pm

To look on the bright side, at least you won't be 32.

Anyways, 2019 will be a pivotal year politically, I predict. The economy could tank,  and the Democratic Party could take back Congress and begin the impeachment process against Trump if the Russia-gate thing goes anywhere. Pence could be President by mid-year.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/17 at 12:48 pm

To look on the bright side, at least you won't be 32.

I'll be 20 :P.

Anyways, 2019 will be a pivotal year politically, I predict. The economy could tank,  and the Democratic Party could take back Congress and begin the impeachment process against Trump if the Russia-gate thing goes anywhere. Pence could be President by mid-year.

All of those things have a good chance of coming true.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/26/17 at 3:29 pm

We'll see if this pattern holds true going into the true late '10s (2018-19).

Culture, especially music, is still predominantly mid '10s, though it's clearly starting to get long in the tooth.

I actually think we're already starting to see the first early signs of a new culture forming. You're right, music is still mostly Mid '10s, however I think there are a few exceptions. I genuinely think that songs such as "Malibu", "Praying", "Younger Now", "Wild Thoughts" and "Slow Hands" would have sounded out of place if they were released in the Mid 2010s. Even Taylor Swift's and Katy Perry's horrible new singles sound quite different from the earlier works released by both artists respectively.

Personally I feel we are solidly in the late 2010s now and we have been for a while. 2017 is quite different from the mid '10s. Even when we take Trump being president and all the social changes out of the equation. Teen pop is gone and Taylor Swift's new song further proved that. Vine culture is gone. Smartphones have become bezeless (new Samsung, LG, and other major manufacturers have all removed it and the new IPhone will as well). People are pissed off at YouTube now more than ever. Snap Chat is not as popular as it was in the mid 2010s. All pop songs have the new late 2010s electronic sound and aesthetic to it. New genres are popping up a lot that have not been around in the mid 2010s such as latin pop and some pop/rock. Really there is not a lot much left that is mid 2010s now because trap music, throwback style music, popularity of action movies, and gritty TV shows such as GoT are all part of core 2010s culture rather than mid '10s specifically. And I haven't even taken into account the social issues with the alt-right and Trump being president into account which is huge in itself. I just don't see this period of time the mid 2010s anymore. 2015 is feeling more further and further away. It definitely is not completely different as it's not like everything from the mid 2010s disappeared, but it's still a noticeably separate era. I think the next time we will see change will be 2019 and this will be when we start to see early '20s stuff emerge. At that point all of the core 2010s stuff (and mid 2010s stuff that was leftover) will be gone.

Written By: wixness on 08/26/17 at 3:41 pm

Good on ya. You'll be part of an increasingly smaller club that will know what games are truly capable of (i.e. Saints Row 2, which doesn't run natively on the new consoles and runs awfully on PC with crashing).

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 08/26/17 at 5:20 pm

I'm not psychic but I think 2018 will probably be the start of the real late 2010s,probably late 2018 will be another shift that will bring us to early 2020s culture and the it should look like this (2018-2021)or something like that,but overall I'm sure the late 2010s haven't full began and it will most likely fully start in 2018,but that's just a guess.

We are already seeing hints of early 2020s culture trump,war rumors,and the little music shift,but in all dearness most late part of decades don't really start until the 8th year anyways.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/17 at 5:31 pm

Nothing will happen. You will just still have a PS3...meanwhile, many PS3 and PS4 owners will get a PS5.

I may look into a PS4 in the near future, I will have to see how long the PS3 can last.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/27/17 at 2:11 am

I think you're on to something. I think music is slowly diversifying again.

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/27/17 at 2:43 am

Let's hope it is, but don't jinx it!

And it is WAY too early for a Playstation 5. 4 isn't even old yet!

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/27/17 at 4:19 am

I think you're on to something. I think music is slowly diversifying again.

Hopefully. When you think about it, there has been a fair diversity of genres in the Top-50 this year. Even though trap and EDM are still over-saturating the charts, I don't think the charts have been this diverse for quite a few years. Here is a list of genres that I can think of which have appeared in the Top-50 at some point this year:

* Pop Rock ("Malibu", "Younger Now")
* Pop ("Praying")
* Soft Rock ("Sign of the Times")
* Folk ("Sweat Creature")
* Indie Rock ("Lay It on Me", "Waves")
* EDM ("Swish Swish")
* Dance Pop ("Bon Appetit")
* Trap ("Tunnel Vision")
* Latino-pop ("Despacito")
* 'Nostalgia' songs ("Wild Thoughts", "Feels")

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/27/17 at 10:50 pm

The year after that will be better because that's when I graduate HS

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/27/17 at 10:52 pm

The year after that will be better because that's when I graduate HS

You were born in the year 2002?

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/27/17 at 10:56 pm

You were born in the year 2002?

Yes  :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/27/17 at 11:04 pm

Cool. I'm glad to see more of you '00s borns joining inthe00s.com..WELCOME! :)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/27/17 at 11:09 pm

Cool. I'm glad to see more of you '00s borns joining inthe00s.com..WELCOME! :)
I don't know if you have been on Personalitycafe lately, but I have found more 00s people on there. There are a few 2001-04 users with one '05 user.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/27/17 at 11:23 pm

I don't know if you have been on Personalitycafe lately, but I have found more 00s people on there. There are a few 2001-04 users with one '05 user.

Yeah, there's like a lot more 2000's babies on there. There was some last year but this year there's A LOT

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/27/17 at 11:44 pm

Yeah, there's like a lot more 2000's babies on there. There was some last year but this year there's A LOT
I know, and there will be more coming soon.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/28/17 at 12:48 am

Yeah I know that. However, there aren't a lot of '00s borns on here. The number is growing though.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 08/28/17 at 1:17 am

2019 might be good but I don't think it'll be until 2021-2022 that we truly enter the 2020's.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/28/17 at 1:39 am

Heyyyy.... Welcome to inthe00s!! Your on personality cafe too?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/28/17 at 1:40 am

Someone on born in 2008 also joined personality cafe!!! :o

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/28/17 at 1:51 am

Someone on born in 2008 also joined personality cafe!!! :o

They even responded to my questionnaire, which I thought was pretty funny. :P

Written By: Fearsword on 08/28/17 at 3:01 am

I think you may be the youngest on here. Welcome to the site!

Written By: Fearsword on 08/28/17 at 3:04 am

They even responded to my questionnaire, which I thought was pretty funny. :P

I believe he viewed my profile on that site too.

Written By: exodus08 on 08/28/17 at 10:57 am

But you must realize that just because the calendar 2010's end does not mean they culturally end and that suddenly at the stroke of midnight everything will be somehow different. We may have a few years to go before the cultural 2010s actually end. I won't venture a prediction as to when that might be but I'm sure someone here might have a theory.  Everyone is always very optimistic at the end of a calendar decade, but the old one always tends to hang on a few years more.

That's true. I'm just ready to shake off this decade. 2 uncles had passed away and my dog.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/09/17 at 9:16 pm

I know this thread is a bit old, but I've been thinking about this lately and I'm honestly going to have to agree. I have a feeling for some reason that 2019 will be like another 2013 for me (because 2013 was the best year of my personal life in this decade so far) it'll probably be a fun year along with 2020 (cause that's when I graduate HS) but the thing is I could be like miles away from correct. Honestly tho I'm going to be excited for NYE 2019 when we enter a new decade and it's going to take me some time to realize that we will no longer be in the 2010's and that 2010 will be 10 years ago.

Written By: prodanny288 on 10/09/17 at 9:44 pm

If music becomes more diverse and we stop having so much bland EDM songs and ditch the hipster, then yes.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/10/17 at 3:33 pm

I don't know about 2019, but I have a feeling 2020 will be a good year. As a result Trump will get reelected, like GWB in 2004.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/10/17 at 3:39 pm

Some people may dislike sequels but I can't wait for 2019 and those sequels. It's going to be EPIC!!!! :D :D :D

I don't care what anyone says.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/10/17 at 4:25 pm

Some people may dislike sequels but I can't wait for 2019 and those sequels. It's going to be EPIC!!!! :D :D :D

I don't care what anyone says.

Same. ;D. I was telling SharksFan99 that I was looking forward too it, but he said too many sequels lol. But their so many classic movies from my childhood :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/10/17 at 5:05 pm

Same. ;D. I was telling SharksFan99 that I was looking forward too it, but he said too many sequels lol. But their so many classic movies from my childhood :)

Yep :D.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/10/17 at 5:38 pm

Historically it seems that the last year of a calendar decade is always good culturally. Not politically mind you, but in music for instance. The music of 1969 was extraordinary. Likewise all kinds of things were going on in 1979 with punk, the dreaded disco, etc. Even 1989 was interesting and I'm not a big fan of the 80s, having lived through it, mind you.

I would love 5 long paragraphs explaining why you hated the 80s.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/10/17 at 5:41 pm

Goodbye 10s, Hello 20s

One step closer to the 2020s...one step closer to death.  :D

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/10/17 at 7:46 pm

One step closer to the 2020s...

"...and i'm about to break!"

* Don't know if anyone will get that reference. :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/10/17 at 9:08 pm

"...and i'm about to break!"

* Don't know if anyone will get that reference. :P

Linkin Park! 8)

RIP Chester Bennington :\'(

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/11/17 at 10:27 am

One step closer to the 2020s...one step closer to death.  :D
yes I anticipate the 2020s to be epic😆

Written By: Howard on 10/11/17 at 2:52 pm

I don't know about 2019, but I have a feeling 2020 will be a good year. As a result Trump will get reelected, like GWB in 2004.

You think he will? ???

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/11/17 at 3:42 pm

Announced, but probably not released until the following year.

Goodbye 10s, Hello 20s

Finally, this bad movie will be over. I atleast hope I'll get my money back.  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/11/17 at 3:47 pm

That would be epic!!! :D.

Written By: Howard on 10/11/17 at 3:50 pm

So what will happen to 4? ???

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/11/17 at 4:30 pm

So what will happen to 4? ???

Sony always gives their Playstations around 6 years before they release another one.
PS1: 1994-00
PS2: 2000-06
PS3: 2006-13 (7 years)
PS4: 2013-19

The problem with a 2019 release date is that we usually would be hearing rumours around this time and soundbites from Sony.
Remember when Nintendo announced the NX after E3 2015?

Written By: prodanny288 on 10/14/17 at 11:11 am

Of course it will be a good year. We'll be only a year away from leaving hell.

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/02/18 at 10:33 am

I can’t believe 2019 is next year. Before you know it, we won’t even be in the 2010’s anymore.  :o :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/02/18 at 1:27 pm

By mid 2019 we'll be talking about the 2020 Election, that's not too far away  :o

What do you mean mid 2019? They are ALREADY talking about 2020-but it will really kick into gear right after this November's election.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/02/18 at 2:39 pm

What will we see in 2019?  ???

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 01/02/18 at 2:49 pm

Sony always gives their Playstations around 6 years before they release another one.
PS1: 1994-00
PS2: 2000-06
PS3: 2006-13 (7 years)
PS4: 2013-19

The problem with a 2019 release date is that we usually would be hearing rumours around this time and soundbites from Sony.
Remember when Nintendo announced the NX after E3 2015?

I heard by many sources that the PS5 may actually have a 2018 release date.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps5-release-date-price-games-news-rumours-specs-2993694
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/821497/PS5-release-date-news-Sony-PS4-Pro
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/626937/PS5-2018-release-date-PlayStation-5-PS4-PlayStation-4-Sony
http://www.alphr.com/games/1006523/ps5-release-date-PlayStation-5
http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/ps5-release-date-news-and-features-1213409

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 01/02/18 at 2:53 pm

Wii: 2006-2012
Wii U: 2012-2017 (5 years)
Nintendo Switch: 2017-present

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/02/18 at 3:12 pm

Does anyone here play the sims? If they make a Sims 5 then I predict it will come out sometime in 2019, because a new sims game series usually comes out about every five years.

Written By: 2001 on 01/27/18 at 10:50 am

Does anyone here play the sims? If they make a Sims 5 then I predict it will come out sometime in 2019, because a new sims game series usually comes out about every five years.

I used to play Sims 2 and had almost all the expansion packs. Then they came out with Sims 3 and didn't include any of the old expansions they had, then I knew it was a scam :x

Written By: 2001 on 01/27/18 at 10:53 am

9th gen gaming will almost certainly be under way by the end of 2019. The Xbox One is already dead and PS4 sales are slowing down.

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/27/18 at 11:19 am

I can’t believe 2019 is next year. Before you know it, we won’t even be in the 2010’s anymore.  :o :(

Good lol.

Written By: nally on 01/27/18 at 11:20 am

I know, time just flies. I remember the year 2010 as if it was just a short time ago.

Written By: Milk on 01/27/18 at 9:51 pm

9th gen gaming will almost certainly be under way by the end of 2019. The Xbox One is already dead and PS4 sales are slowing down.

The PS4 sold over 20 million unit last year what are you talking about? It could potentially pass the PS2 in terms of sales which is the highest selling console in history.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 01/27/18 at 10:01 pm

Yeah every 4 or 5 years becasue 2000, 05, 09, 14 So should be released in 2019 ;)

Written By: Dundee on 02/13/18 at 3:53 am

Yeah why not, the excitement for a new decade will probably be much bigger than it was in 2010, because to many it felt like "another year in the 2000s" while the Twenty-Twenties will mirror the Roaring Twenties but 100 years later.
Let's hope 2019 will deliver and finish this decade off nicely, and won't be too hurt by politics and economy.

Written By: bchris02 on 02/13/18 at 10:37 pm

Yeah why not, the excitement for a new decade will probably be much bigger than it was in 2010, because to many it felt like "another year in the 2000s" while the Twenty-Twenties will mirror the Roaring Twenties but 100 years later.
Let's hope 2019 will deliver and finish this decade off nicely, and won't be too hurt by politics and economy.

Yeah I don't really remember a lot of people talking about the arrival of a new decade back in 2009 going into 2010.  I think the gloomy state of the economy at the time also put a damper on it.  It was hard to be optimistic about the arrival of the '10s at a time when it looked like we could be entering another 1930s.  I remember my own personal life back then though and late 2009 was a very optimistic time.  The future was looking bright for me at the time.  I was 24 years old. I had a stable job, I had moved to a major coastal city, I finally had great friends, my parents seemed to be adjusting a bit better than they had a few months earlier (this wasn't actually the case at all), and I had a boyfriend.  I really miss late 2009 going into 2010.  Excellent time of my life.

I really hope I can achieve at least the level of happiness and optimism going into 2020 that I had going into 2010.  Right now, I am a long ways off from that.

Written By: Wobo on 05/21/18 at 12:31 am

I think 2019 will be awesome i'll be 15 and i'll be in highschool and not in my sucky ass middle school years.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/18 at 8:12 am

I think 2019 will be awesome i'll be 15 and i'll be in highschool and not in my sucky ass middle school years.

...and getting ready to face the outside world!

Written By: exodus08 on 05/21/18 at 11:28 am

Congrats on being part of the class of 2022.

Written By: ofkx on 05/21/18 at 12:32 pm

I think EA is going down the mobile route with the franchise. There might not be a Sims 5.

Written By: Wobo on 05/21/18 at 2:02 pm

Congrats on being part of the class of 2022.

Coolest class of the C/O the 2020s.

Written By: Henf89 on 05/27/18 at 3:27 pm

I'm going to spend all of 2019 excited as hell for 2020, and then spend all of 2020 exited over the fact that we're finally in a new decade.

Written By: exodus08 on 05/27/18 at 4:34 pm

Me in 2019: Come on 2020!
Me in 2020: Come on 2029!

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/27/18 at 5:08 pm

"2019" sounds futuristic. I can't believe we're almost there.

Written By: Dundee on 05/27/18 at 7:22 pm

Me in 2020: Come on 2029!
Yuck, I definitely won't crave for my 30s :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/27/18 at 8:10 pm

LMAO, same :P.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 05/27/18 at 8:39 pm

Just learned that my family wants to go on a cruise in April of next year, right after my 18th birthday. Which means if we do go I'll be allowed to drink and gamble with everyone else. ;) So that would be pretty exciting. Also I'm just dying to finish high school and start college!

Written By: Howard on 05/28/18 at 3:06 pm

"2019" sounds futuristic. I can't believe we're almost there.

almost 8 months away. :o

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/28/18 at 4:08 pm

You could die before you reach it. Then you get to be young forever.  8)

Written By: Slim95 on 05/28/18 at 4:22 pm

30 isn't old at all imo.

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/28/18 at 4:59 pm

Lol. No, thanks.

Written By: exodus08 on 05/28/18 at 6:44 pm

Lol. No, thanks.

I'll be in my 30s through the whole decade. So I won't complain lol.

Written By: Dundee on 05/28/18 at 7:42 pm

Is rotting under the ground and being eaten by the worms really a definite part of being young

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1061/1924/products/Thinking_Face_Emoji_large.png?v=1480481060

Written By: exodus08 on 05/28/18 at 8:00 pm

Is rotting under the ground and being eaten by the worms really a definite part of being young

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1061/1924/products/Thinking_Face_Emoji_large.png?v=1480481060

How about your spirit?

Written By: Dundee on 05/29/18 at 4:07 am

How about your spirit?
https://pm1.narvii.com/6609/42180fb0b1b865a5e47a0772a448a14aaf4535e7_hq.jpg

Written By: Howard on 05/29/18 at 7:45 am

30 isn't old at all imo.

and being in your 40's means being in "your prime".

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/18 at 9:06 am

I hope so?

Written By: mqg96 on 05/30/18 at 9:17 am

https://pm1.narvii.com/6609/42180fb0b1b865a5e47a0772a448a14aaf4535e7_hq.jpg

https://i.warosu.org/data/biz/img/0023/55/1497036262778.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/18 at 9:20 am

https://i.warosu.org/data/biz/img/0023/55/1497036262778.gif
Makes you wonder?

Written By: 2001 on 06/01/18 at 2:16 pm

I think everything will still be the same as 1999.

Just kidding. I'm feeling lucky!

Written By: Slim95 on 06/01/18 at 5:45 pm

I think everything will still be the same as 1999.

Just kidding. I'm feeling lucky!

Welcome back Slowpoke!  :)

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/03/18 at 1:45 pm

and being in your 40's means being in "your prime".

That would be nice. 2019 will be my first full year of my 40's.

Written By: ofkx on 06/03/18 at 1:48 pm

Really? I thought you were 19 or something ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/03/18 at 1:56 pm

I thought he was 30 something.  ;D

Written By: Wobo on 06/03/18 at 2:07 pm

He's been on this website since 2006 so  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/03/18 at 2:22 pm

You're almost 40? ???

Written By: 2001 on 06/03/18 at 3:42 pm

I thought he was 30 something.  ;D

Which he is :P

Written By: ofkx on 06/03/18 at 4:45 pm

;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/03/18 at 5:19 pm

You know what I mean  ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/25/18 at 2:36 pm

No, you're lucky you'll only be 24.

Written By: Dundee on 07/25/18 at 3:55 pm

We have two threads now about how great 2019 will be. Not that I'm saying "It will be crappy" but imo that's a bit much and y'all giving too much hope :p

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/25/18 at 4:02 pm

We have two threads now about how great 2019 will be. Not that I'm saying "It will be crappy" but imo that's a bit much and y'all giving too much hope :p

Yeah. 2019 could be the start of WW3 or something for all you know.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/25/18 at 5:00 pm

I'm not a fan of telling people what thread they shouldn't make, but you want to know what type of threads I'm getting tired of? The futuristic threads talking about how "oh next year is going to be great, or 2020 is going to be a great year wooo hoo!" and then once the year arrives just like 2018 right now then everyone is like "this year is lame AF" and it's a total bust. You're keeping your hopes way too high. Just let the year go by instead of hyping it up and making a bunch of predictions. Usually when you get your hopes up too high for something, it always collapses and fails. When you don't have high hopes for something it always turns out a lot better than you think and you end up loving it.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/18 at 5:32 am

One of them needs to be deleted, either it's going to be "good" or it's going to be "lit", which is it? ::)

Written By: LooseBolt on 07/26/18 at 3:50 pm

There was a thread exactly like this a year ago about this year. It’s a disease, I tell you.

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/26/18 at 8:36 pm

Usually when you get your hopes up too high for something, it always collapses and fails. When you don't have high hopes for something it always turns out a lot better than you think and you end up loving it.

This is true asf. And I even have experience with this when I'm very excited for a specific event and think it'll be great, but it turns out to be bland and boring, and then sometimes I won't look forward to an event because I don't want to go and it turns out to be the best. I was forced to go to my sister's graduation party in 2015 and I really didn't want to go, I wanted to stay home but damn that party was lit and probably one of the best events of my life.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/26/18 at 9:05 pm

I'm not a fan of telling people what thread they shouldn't make, but you want to know what type of threads I'm getting tired of? The futuristic threads talking about how "oh next year is going to be great, or 2020 is going to be a great year wooo hoo!" and then once the year arrives just like 2018 right now then everyone is like "this year is lame AF" and it's a total bust. You're keeping your hopes way too high. Just let the year go by instead of hyping it up and making a bunch of predictions. Usually when you get your hopes up too high for something, it always collapses and fails. When you don't have high hopes for something it always turns out a lot better than you think and you end up loving it.
Preach man, that's why I don't get into any threads like this. I get everyone's excited about the arrival of a new decade, but lets remember how people were crapping on 2010 because the events that happend a few years prior gave a lot of people a cynical view of the decade as a whole.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/26/18 at 9:37 pm

We should just start locking these threads because so many can turn into a negative. Better yet, we should start a "Hopes for next year" types of threads. They can turn into interesting in you're face misconceptions.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/26/18 at 11:20 pm

2019 may be be good, or it may be bad. Nobody knows. I sure hope it will be good though, and I certainly won't mind leaving this decade behind and celebrating the death of it in 2019. I think it will be alright, the odd numbered years this decade worked in my favour oddly enough (no pun intended). It may be a transitional year too and 2020s culture may start right on time. We shall wait and see.

Written By: bchris02 on 07/26/18 at 11:34 pm

2019 may be be good, or it may be bad. Nobody knows. I sure hope it will be good though, and I certainly won't mind leaving this decade behind and celebrating the death of it in 2019. I think it will be alright, the odd numbered years this decade worked in my favour oddly enough (no pun intended). It may be a transitional year too and 2020s culture may start right on time. We shall wait and see.

I find it's been the same for me in that odd numbered years this decade have been better than the even numbered years.  I have a good feeling about 2019 myself.  I think the rest of 2018 for me is going to be trying but my personal life will finally get much better in 2019.  I don't know exactly what it's going to bring but I have a good feeling about it.  I haven't really had a good feeling going into another year since 2011 and that turned out to be a great year so we'll see.

Written By: John Titor on 08/11/18 at 7:12 pm

I find it's been the same for me in that odd numbered years this decade have been better than the even numbered years.  I have a good feeling about 2019 myself.  I think the rest of 2018 for me is going to be trying but my personal life will finally get much better in 2019.  I don't know exactly what it's going to bring but I have a good feeling about it.  I haven't really had a good feeling going into another year since 2011 and that turned out to be a great year so we'll see.

Having seen every shift on here,  1997, 2001, 2008, 2013 (maybe),2016

I can say that I have felt this same feeling of everything is boring for awhile and then change happens, I have said it here before but the vibe right now
its very uncanny to 2001, That summer was incredibly boring and it felt like nothing was going on pop culture wise, then around when The 2001 Vmas happeend
with the snake, (Which is the Fall) thats when culture started getting nuts,  you had 9/11, xbox gamecube were released, Teen pop died out and those artists staretd
getting more mature, You also had artists like Michele Branch & Vanessa carlton bringing in a new kind of Alt rock  folk genre,  That same kind of vibe (the prelude) I am feeling right now, I guarantee you by 2019 you are going to be like wow the 2010s really ended in 2018 just like we were saying the 90s ended in late 2001

There are some people here that have witnessed those same shifts just like me, they know the feeling its hard to describe

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/11/18 at 7:40 pm

Having seen every shift on here,  1997, 2001, 2008, 2013 (maybe),2016

I can say that I have felt this same feeling of everything is boring for awhile and then change happens, I have said it here before but the vibe right now
its very uncanny to 2001, That summer was incredibly boring and it felt like nothing was going on pop culture wise, then around when The 2001 Vmas happeend
with the snake, (Which is the Fall) thats when culture started getting nuts,  you had 9/11, xbox gamecube were released, Teen pop died out and those artists staretd
getting more mature, You also had artists like Michele Branch & Vanessa carlton bringing in a new kind of Alt rock  folk genre,  That same kind of vibe (the prelude) I am feeling right now, I guarantee you by 2019 you are going to be like wow the 2010s really ended in 2018 just like we were saying the 90s ended in late 2001

There are some people here that have witnessed those same shifts just like me, they know the feeling its hard to describe

I really doubt that.

I'm not going to get into an argument, but I'm pretty sure that the 2010's will die off in 2021-2022.

Written By: John Titor on 08/11/18 at 7:47 pm

I really doubt that.

I'm not going to get into an argument, but I'm pretty sure that the 2010's will die off in 2021-2022.

I have a hunch they died in late 2016 and we don't even know it yet

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/11/18 at 7:56 pm

I have a hunch they died in late 2016 and we don't even know it yet

2016 is very likely the definitive year of the 2010's with all of the political drama, fashion, and pop culture.

Written By: John Titor on 08/11/18 at 7:58 pm

2016 is very likely the definitive year of the 2010's with all of the political drama, fashion, and pop culture.

The mood seemed to shift when Trump became prez

Also the music started sounded a little different then 2

Written By: Wobo on 08/11/18 at 8:03 pm

I really doubt that.

I agree i think the 2010s will die off by then.

Written By: John Titor on 08/11/18 at 8:04 pm

I agree i think the 2010s will die off by then.

the 2010s are already dying off

Hipster one of the biggest things of the 2010s is almost dead

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/11/18 at 8:36 pm

I've said it multiple times by now, but there was a hard stop to "core" 2010s culture on the day of Trump's election.

Written By: Dundee on 08/12/18 at 3:45 am

the 2010s are already dying off

Hipster one of the biggest things of the 2010s is almost dead
Still has an influence on fashion I feel, especially men's
https://www.fashionbeans.com/article/ss18-mens-fashion-trends/

Written By: 2001 on 08/12/18 at 5:07 am

Still has an influence on fashion I feel, especially men's
https://www.fashionbeans.com/article/ss18-mens-fashion-trends/

You're 100% correct. It hasn't died off and neither has the undercut. The forum is trying so hard to push a "shift" narrative and looking in all the wrong places.

Funny how people say emo lasted into 2012/2013 but hipster died in 2016 ;D

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/12/18 at 8:42 am

We'll see vestiges of hipsterism for some years yet, but it is clearly dying. It's no longer the dominant cultural force, and whereas emo had staying power because it was purely cultural in nature, hipsters had a political dimension that has been foisted to some extent by the Age of Trump.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/12/18 at 8:55 am

You're 100% correct. It hasn't died off and neither has the undercut. The forum is trying so hard to push a "shift" narrative and looking in all the wrong places.

I'm actually noticing hipster fashion dying out slowly, at least where I'm at. Maybe it's different where you live.

Written By: ofkx on 08/12/18 at 9:39 am

I don't see the correlation ???. Hipster culture is definitely a lot less popular than it was pre-2016.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/12/18 at 9:53 am

I don't see the correlation ???. Hipster culture is definitely a lot less popular than it was pre-2016.

In regards with hipster, this is probably how it goes:

2008-2010: Underground stage
2011-2013: Rise in popularity
2014-2016: Peak
2017-TBA: Decline of the hipster age

I have a feeling that hipster will die off anytime between 2020 and 2022.

Written By: John Titor on 08/12/18 at 12:34 pm

None of that is hipster except maybe the Floral shirts and shoes
The undercut is dead

Try Vogue.com  not some half rate Fashion beans website
those track pants are early 2000s staple, also no one is pushing a narrative, you just aren't keep an eye on things

Not trying to be mean just saying

Written By: John Titor on 08/12/18 at 12:36 pm

I'm actually noticing hipster fashion dying out slowly, at least where I'm at. Maybe it's different where you live.

LOL at someone in SC saying Hipster is still in, while someone in NY or Cali seeing the trends happen before it reaches

That is why you have some people thinking its still popular because they are living in areas that get hit last, you are 100%

Written By: John Titor on 08/12/18 at 12:38 pm

In regards with hipster, this is probably how it goes:

2008-2010: Underground stage
2011-2012: Start of the hipster age
2013: Rise in popularity
2014-2016: Peak
2017-TBA: Decline of the hipster age

I have a feeling that hipster will die off anytime between 2020 and 2022.

No way, hipster was underground in 2006

7agPOt1XZz8

It broke out in late 2008, 2011/2012 is around the time it exploded where it became the norm,
Like I said before if you are not living in New York/NJ north east or California you will be the LAST to see the trends.
Right now in California Hipsterism is dead and a joke and lame.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/12/18 at 12:45 pm

No way, hipster was underground in 2006

7agPOt1XZz8

It broke out in late 2008, 2011/2012 is around the time it exploded where it became the norm,
Like I said before if you are not living in New York/NJ north east or California you will be the LAST to see the trends.
Right now in California Hipsterism is dead and a joke and lame.

People may have heard of the term in late 2008, but I didn't even notice hipster fashion until around 2011-2012.

Written By: John Titor on 08/12/18 at 12:50 pm

People may have heard of the term in late 2008, but I didn't even notice hipster fashion until around 2011-2012.

I noticed it in 2006, bands like CSS, MGMT, etc
bands like OK GO, remember that video on the treadmill from 2006? They were all dressing hipster

It didn't really start to make impact until late 2008 tho, Hipster fashion in 2006 is never talked about much
because EMO greatly outshadowed it at the time

Written By: ofkx on 08/12/18 at 12:50 pm

I agree. Emo culture was still dominating in 2008.

Written By: John Titor on 08/12/18 at 12:51 pm

I agree. Emo culture was still dominating in 2008.

in 2008 EMO had the edge but hipster fashion was growing

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/12/18 at 12:54 pm

bands like OK GO, remember that video on the treadmill from 2006? They were all dressing hipster

It didn't really start to make impact until late 2008 tho, Hipster fashion in 2006 is never talked about much

Their music seemed more emo than hipster.

Nobody had any idea what a hipster was in 2006.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/12/18 at 1:02 pm

in 2008 EMO had the edge but hipster fashion was growing

Emo still had a lot more relevance, and electropop was the thing that was growing.

Grunge started in 1985 underground, but that didn't mean that it became popular in 1985.

Written By: John Titor on 08/12/18 at 1:04 pm

Emo still had a lot more relevance, and electropop was the thing that was growing.

Grunge started in 1985 underground, but that didn't mean that it became popular in 1985.

in 2006 is when hipster was what Grunge was in the late 80s, as far as OK GO, there music was very hipster influenced,
even the clothes they wore as well as CSS were from Urban Outtfitters, around late 2008 you saw a massive market push
for Urban Outfitters and American App, that is when Hipster started mainstream growth

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/12/18 at 1:08 pm

"Hipster" had very different connotations in the first half of the last decade. Case in point: a 2000 sex comedy called 100 Girls, in which a macho womanizer with a ponytail who was abusive to his girlfriend was termed a "hipster" by the main character. And this was, again, in the year 2000.

Having lived through it, the germs for hipsterism were planted with Napoleon Dynamite in 2004, strung subtly through the years by indie music and through off-kilter but mainstream comedies such as Garden State and Juno. We just called it "indie" or "alternative" at the time, but I have no doubt it existed as a vibrant subculture community. "Hipster" came to be associated with that subculture, at least on the East Coast, around 2011.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/12/18 at 1:12 pm

in 2006 is when hipster was what Grunge was in the late 80s, as far as OK GO, there music was very hipster influenced,
even the clothes they wore as well as CSS were from Urban Outtfitters, around late 2008 you saw a massive market push
for Urban Outfitters and American App, that is when Hipster started mainstream growth

I would disagree.

Hipsters were barely a thing in 2008. Yet again, you may have had people who knew what that term was, but they were still a minority.

2006 was to hipster as 1985 was to grunge - you may have had really small seeds, but only a fringe minority would have heard of it.

Hipsters became what they are today in around 2011-2012, about twenty years after the start of grunge (1991-1992).

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/12/18 at 1:13 pm

"Hipster" had very different connotations in the first half of the last decade. Case in point: a 2000 sex comedy called 100 Girls, in which a macho womanizer with a ponytail who was abusive to his girlfriend was termed a "hipster" by the main character. And this was, again, in the year 2000.

Having lived through it, the germs for hipsterism were planted with Napoleon Dynamite in 2004, strung subtly through the years by indie music and through off-kilter but mainstream comedies such as Garden State and Juno. We just called it "indie" or "alternative" at the time, but I have no doubt it existed as a vibrant subculture community. "Hipster" came to be associated with that subculture, at least on the East Coast, around 2011.

I agree.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/12/18 at 1:18 pm

I think I first heard of the term "hipster" in 2011. Before that there were just hippies.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/12/18 at 1:20 pm

I think I first heard of the term "hipster" in 2011. Before that there were just hippies.

I first heard of it in around the same time as well, but I don't think I ever heard anyone call them "hippies".

Written By: Slim95 on 08/12/18 at 1:22 pm

I first heard of it in around the same time as well, but I don't think I ever heard anyone call them "hippies".

Hippies have always existed. They were around since the '60s. In 2009 a friend I knew was a hippie. They usually had very long hair and smoked weed.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/12/18 at 1:24 pm

Hippies have always existed. They were around since the '60s. In 2009 a friend I knew was a hippie. They usually had very long hair and smoked weed.

To me, hippies and hipsters were always separate cultures.

Hippies had long hair, smoked weed, and liked rock music, whereas hipsters had their glasses, drank PBR, and liked indie music.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/12/18 at 1:26 pm

Hippies had long hair, smoked weed, and liked rock music, whereas hipsters had their glasses, drank PBR, and liked indie music.

Of course. I know they are separate.

Written By: xenzue on 08/12/18 at 1:57 pm

Millennial/hipster influence in pop culture (especially fashion) is still strong in mainstream North America, but everything new in pop culture has moved on. There's a Gen Z vaporware/bedroom pop type subculture that's been on the rise, but the aesthetic and attitude is entirely different, so I wouldn't call it hipster 2.0. People nowadays massively underestimate regional differences in pop culture.

Written By: John Titor on 08/12/18 at 1:57 pm

I would disagree.

Hipsters were barely a thing in 2008. Yet again, you may have had people who knew what that term was, but they were still a minority.

2006 was to hipster as 1985 was to grunge - you may have had really small seeds, but only a fringe minority would have heard of it.

Hipsters became what they are today in around 2011-2012, about twenty years after the start of grunge (1991-1992).

oh def but I am saying the whole modern hipster movement started in 2006, as unknown as it was, everything between late 2006
and late 2008 built the seeds for 2011 and 2012

in 2008 tho thats when American Apparel ( A hipster type style) got huge

Written By: John Titor on 08/12/18 at 2:00 pm

Millennial/hipster influence in pop culture (especially fashion) is still strong in mainstream North America, but everything new in pop culture has moved on. There's a Gen Z vaporware/bedroom pop type subculture that's been on the rise, but the aesthetic and attitude is entirely different, so I wouldn't call it hipster 2.0. People nowadays massively underestimate regional differences in pop culture.

Exactly like I said, NY CALI Jersey etc get the culture before the rest of you guys do, you can't see because you are not living there lol

Written By: ofkx on 08/12/18 at 2:25 pm

Yessss!! This aesthetic has completely replaced the hipster aesthetic for Gen Zers.

Written By: Dundee on 08/12/18 at 2:35 pm

How is vaporwave a gen z thing? ??? If anything it's the most millenial thing ever since it is rooted in nostalgia for the 80s/90s/early 2000s.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/12/18 at 2:41 pm

I'm willing to give bedroom pop to gen z, but millennials spearheaded vaporwave.

And I don't think it's entirely different. Bedroom pop is still a mainly indie thing, too. Some bedroom pop artists don't even like the label and are trying to get better equipment and more stardom.

The bedroom pop subculture feels more like hipster 4.0.

Hipster 1.0: 90s College town hipster
Hipster 2.0: 00s Indie rock hipster
Hipster 3.0: 10s Mainstream hipster
Hipster 4.0: Bedroom Pop/Vaporwavers, etc ...I guess we'll see. It's still evolving

Written By: xenzue on 08/12/18 at 7:41 pm

How is vaporwave a gen z thing? ??? If anything it's the most millenial thing ever since it is rooted in nostalgia for the 80s/90s/early 2000s.

It's not, that's just the way I would describe it. It has a DIY kinda of vibe. I've seen a lot of 15-20 year olds with this aesthetic.

Written By: xenzue on 08/12/18 at 8:03 pm

Exactly like I said, NY CALI Jersey etc get the culture before the rest of you guys do, you can't see because you are not living there lol

I'd add Atlanta to this list since it's rapidly becoming one of the cultural powerhouses of North America. The dominant sound/culture of this half of the decade was born there and the rest of the world hopped on the wave.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/12/18 at 8:47 pm

Nah, the easy shorthand is that hippies are more open bohemians while hipsters are pseudo-gentrified with a hint of elitism.

Yes, this. Even if Gen Z has co-opted vaporwave, we Millennials were ground zero for its creation. It's rooted not only in nostalgia for our childhoods, but also in our generational bitterness towards unrestrained consumer capitalism. I mean, it's right there in the aesthetic.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/12/18 at 8:53 pm

I never really see early 2000's or even late 90's nostalgia in vaporwave.

Written By: John Titor on 08/13/18 at 2:28 pm

Going to call it right now

Fall 2018 will have 2001/2002 vibes

It helps a song called 2002 was charting for a week a month ago lol

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/13/18 at 2:39 pm

Going to call it right now

Fall 2018 will have 2001/2002 vibes

It helps a song called 2002 was charting for a week a month ago lol

Yeah, but it will not be the start of the 2020's. That will happen in around 2021-2022.

Written By: John Titor on 08/13/18 at 2:50 pm

Yeah, but it will not be the start of the 2020's. That will happen in around 2021-2022.

we will see how this all turns out

This months right now is SCREAMING back to school August 2001 vibes,
it also helps this summer was so slow and uneventful for pop culture

As someone who is a huge fan of the 2001-2002  letsss gooooooo

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/13/18 at 2:57 pm

we will see how this all turns out

This months right now is SCREAMING back to school August 2001 vibes,
it also helps this summer was so slow and uneventful for pop culture

As someone who is a huge fan of the 2001-2002  letsss gooooooo

2018 is probably the first full late 2010's year pop culturally (and even this is disagreeable because some may say 2017 due to Trump's inauguration), but not the first 2020's year pop culturally.

You're basically saying that 2018 is the first 2020's year pop culturally.

The Smashing Pumpkins may have released a song called "1979" in 1995, but 1995 didn't seem to have 1979 vibes.

The chances are high that it could just be for nostalgic purposes.

Written By: Dundee on 08/13/18 at 2:59 pm

The Smashing Pumpkins may have released a song called "1979" in 1995, but 1995 didn't seem to have 1979 vibes.

I will like to iterate that aound that time elements of 70s fashion like bell-bottoms were in fact brought back, and disco was increasingly influencing on dance-pop back then too, while funk did the same on hip hop.

Also it's quite funny how there's the same ammount of time between 1979-1995 and 2002-2018 ;D

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/13/18 at 3:04 pm

I will like to iterate that aound that time elements of 70s fashion like bell-bottoms were in fact brought back, and disco was increasingly influencing on dance-pop back then too, while funk did the same on hip hop.

Also it's quite funny how there's the same ammount of time between 1979-1995 and 2002-2018 ;D

Here's another one: I think that "Summer of '69" was released by Bryan Adams as a single in 1985.

Written By: John Titor on 08/13/18 at 3:29 pm

2018 is probably the first full late 2010's year pop culturally (and even this is disagreeable because some may say 2017 due to Trump's inauguration), but not the first 2020's year pop culturally.

You're basically saying that 2018 is the first 2020's year pop culturally.

The chances are high that it could just be for nostalgic purposes.

Just might, many posters on here were also saying this summer was so slow and dull, last time I remember people saying stuff like that was summer 2001 and summer 2008 right before huge changes, Lets Hope change is coming

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/13/18 at 3:50 pm

I don't think people are going to look back at 2018 in the future and say it was the start of early 2020's culture or influence. Maybe 2019 at the earliest, but I have a feeling late 2010's culture will still be very strong in 2020 and even 2021.

Check for new replies or respond here...