inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hurricane Harvey

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/28/17 at 12:29 pm

I'm just sitting high and dry while the wind howls and the rain pours.

Any other Houston, Houston area, southwest Texas, peeps out there?

Subject: Re: Hurricane Harvey

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/28/17 at 1:50 pm

I hope that you stay safe.

Much love to all of you guys down there in Houston, East Texas, Southeast Texas :).

Written By: nally on 08/28/17 at 2:04 pm

I hope that you stay safe.

Much love to all of you guys down there in Houston, East Texas, Southeast Texas :).

My thoughts exactly.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/28/17 at 2:22 pm

Please stay safe!

Written By: Fearsword on 08/28/17 at 4:41 pm

stay safe

Written By: Dude111 on 08/28/17 at 7:14 pm

God bless you all :)

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/28/17 at 10:15 pm

This is all over the news right now. Its so sudden and unrealistic.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/28/17 at 10:39 pm

This is all over the news right now. Its so sudden and unrealistic.

Yeah. Hurricane Harvey is the Katrina of the 2010s...no doubt.

Written By: nally on 08/28/17 at 11:00 pm

So true.

I made a post in the baseball thread stating that the Astros are likely going to be affected by this...I just found out that their upcoming series will be played in another team's stadium.

Again, I am sending my thoughts out to all those who've been affected. :-[

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 12:26 am

So true.

I made a post in the baseball thread stating that the Astros are likely going to be affected by this...I just found out that their upcoming series will be played in another team's stadium.

Again, I am sending my thoughts out to all those who've been affected. :-[

Yep. My thoughts are with all of them.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/29/17 at 1:16 am

Thanks, everyone. Anyone else here from Houston...who is safe...and still has power?

I'm very lucky right now. So many people across Houston are in far worst situations than me. Unfortunately, just about all the streets in my neighborhood are completely submerged. A lot of the yards are submerged and I found out through Nextdoor.com that at least one house near a reservoir 7 or 8 blocks away had to be evacuated. All the important stuff is on my second floor just in case but if the sky decides to really fkin pour tonight and Tuesday, I could totally see the first-floor flooding. We'll see. At least I still have power.  :-\\

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 4:10 am

Thanks, everyone. Anyone else here from Houston...who is safe...and still has power?

I'm very lucky right now. So many people across Houston are in far worst situations than me. Unfortunately, just about all the streets in my neighborhood are completely submerged. A lot of the yards are submerged and I found out through Nextdoor.com that at least one house near a reservoir 7 or 8 blocks away had to be evacuated. All the important stuff is on my second floor just in case but if the sky decides to really fkin pour tonight and Tuesday, I could totally see the first-floor flooding. We'll see. At least I still have power.  :-\\

Glad to hear that you're safe and nothing bad has happened to you yet.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/17 at 2:23 pm

please stay safe.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/17 at 2:24 pm

So when does the sun finally come out after all this rain?  ???

Written By: nally on 08/29/17 at 6:01 pm

Glad you're safe... I hope you continue to stay safe.

Written By: Dude111 on 08/29/17 at 6:49 pm

So when does the sun finally come out after all this rain?

Hopefully s00n!!!

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/29/17 at 10:53 pm

So when does the sun finally come out after all this rain?  ???

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I saw beams of sun earlier and the street outside my house has cleared almost miraculously. I'm tempted to say I'm in the clear but the reservoirs and dams around Houston are in bad shape. The earth can only take so much water at a time.

I'm also in a well-placed area inside greater Houston and that makes me worry about the rest of Houston. I've never felt like I should take my important things to the second story before so I'm sure the lower levels of Houston are in seriously bad shape. Please donate whatever you can even if it's only 5 bucks. I'm the kind of reckless person that tempts death, yet simply trying to leave my neighborhood yesterday really brought the fear of death within me. Almost every entrance was submerged enough to potentially drown in.

My new job rescheduled my first day and that was on the 6th of Sept. Houston is gonna be flooded for a while.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/29/17 at 10:56 pm

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I saw beams of sun earlier and the street outside my house has cleared almost miraculously. I'm tempted to say I'm in the clear but the reservoirs and dams around Houston are in bad shape. The earth can only take so much water at a time.

I'm also in a well-placed area inside greater Houston and that makes me worry about the rest of Houston. I've never felt like I should take my important things to the second story before so I'm sure the lower levels of Houston are in seriously bad shape. Please donate whatever you can even if it's only 5 bucks. I'm the kind of reckless person that tempts death, yet simply trying to leave me neighborhood yesterday really brought the fear of death within me. My new job rescheduled my first day and that was on the 6th of Sept. Houston is gonna be flooded for a while.
Where are you located for now?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 11:04 pm

I'm also in a well-placed area inside greater Houston and that makes me worry about the rest of Houston. I've never felt like I should take my important things to the second story before so I'm sure the lower levels of Houston are in seriously bad shape. Please donate whatever you can even if it's only 5 bucks. I'm the kind of reckless person that tempts death, yet simply trying to leave my neighborhood yesterday really brought the fear of death within me. Almost every entrance was submerged enough to potentially drown in.

My new job rescheduled my first day and that was on the 6th of Sept. Houston is gonna be flooded for a while.

Man that f*cking sucks.

The damage is going to last for years not weeks and that's insane. BTW, I would donate...if I could.

Houston is going to be changed for a long time. Stay strong and stay safe. #HoustonStrong

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/30/17 at 3:27 am

Where are you located for now?

I don't want to be too specific but I'm outside the old loops and inside the new loop. I'm doing pretty good right now. Outside my place, it looks like the flood never happened. It feels nice too, but I'm technically outside the city limits. I won't know how truly bad it is until I go to work or until I go to volunteer. Driving around my area has already been trial and error with flooded roads. Houston is a sprawl. I have no idea what the city and other worse parts are like.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/17 at 5:13 am

Please stay safe.

Written By: Shemp97 on 08/31/17 at 8:19 pm

Superstorm Sandy says hi.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 8:57 pm

Superstorm Sandy says hi.

Are you seriously comparing Sandy to Katrina? There is little comparison between the two. Also,  I'm from NYC and I experienced Superstorm Sandy FIRST HAND. We didn't get nearly the amount of flooding and damage that Houston and the rest of East Texas has received.

Hurricane Harvey is WITHOUT A DOUBT the Hurricane Katrina of the 2010s (they both happened at the same time of the year as well - the week of 8/24-8/31).

Written By: 2001 on 08/31/17 at 9:31 pm

I read about this yesterday. I hope you're safe! :(

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/31/17 at 10:16 pm

I don't want to be too specific but I'm outside the old loops and inside the new loop. I'm doing pretty good right now. Outside my place, it looks like the flood never happened. It feels nice too, but I'm technically outside the city limits. I won't know how truly bad it is until I go to work or until I go to volunteer. Driving around my area has already been trial and error with flooded roads. Houston is a sprawl. I have no idea what the city and other worse parts are like.
Has the city gotten better?

I'm from NYC and I experienced Superstorm Sandy FIRST HAND. We didn't get nearly the amount of flooding and damage that Houston and the rest of East Texas have received.
What part of NYC were you in when Superstorm Sandy happened?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 10:33 pm

Brooklyn. I still live in Brooklyn.

All of NYC got hit by Sandy.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/31/17 at 10:44 pm

Did you have to go to a shelter?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 11:28 pm

Did you have to go to a shelter?

No, my family didn't have to go to a shelter. However, I know people who had to go to one.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/17 at 12:38 am

Stay safe!

Written By: Dude111 on 09/01/17 at 1:10 pm

I really feel bad for everyone :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/17 at 1:19 pm

Is the rain and weather easing off now?

Written By: Howard on 09/01/17 at 2:55 pm

Are you seriously comparing Sandy to Katrina? There is little comparison between the two. Also,  I'm from NYC and I experienced Superstorm Sandy FIRST HAND. We didn't get nearly the amount of flooding and damage that Houston and the rest of East Texas has received.

Hurricane Harvey is WITHOUT A DOUBT the Hurricane Katrina of the 2010s (they both happened at the same time of the year as well - the week of 8/24-8/31).

I remember Superstorm Sandy in 2012 where the storm was really fierce and just about all the trees in my neighborhood toppled over into the streets causing the streets to be blocked for several days.

Written By: Howard on 09/01/17 at 2:56 pm

Has the city gotten better?

Bayside.

Written By: Howard on 09/01/17 at 2:57 pm

and what a huge experience that was.  :o

Written By: Howard on 09/01/17 at 2:59 pm

Is the rain and weather easing off now?

from what I read the sun is out but the damage is costly. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/17 at 3:00 pm

from what I read the sun is out but the damage is costly. :(
From the filmed footage, it does look bad out there.

Check for new replies or respond here...