inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What percentage of nostalgia is apart of your daily life?

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/29/17 at 1:28 pm

I'm just gonna put out there, we all joined InThe00s really just to walk down memory lane.

How would you rate the percentage of your nostalgia addict that remain present in your life?

Nostalgia is basically my life support. Haha If I'm not thinking about the opposite gender, nostalgia is 100% of rating for me. It really knows what its doing.

Subject: Re: What percentage of nostalgia is apart of your daily life?

Written By: #Infinity on 08/29/17 at 1:49 pm

Pretty high, quite frankly. While I do need to adapt in some ways to present day culture in order to meet my goals, my whole world feels a lot more delightful when I fill it with retro music, fashion, and a bit of gaming.

As far as actually percentages go, I'd say nostalgia accounts for roughly 70% of my thoughts.

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 08/29/17 at 1:59 pm

about 50% I love nostalgia its plain awesome also because I have so much memories of the late 90s-00s.

Written By: wixness on 08/29/17 at 2:01 pm

Probably around 80% for me. I'm quite sad that I own and remember almost nothing from last decade, that I didn't experience the past decade as a teen and that things today aren't like that of last decade. I can only snap out of it if I discuss technology, but even some parts of that can get me back in the nostalgia loop.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/29/17 at 2:05 pm

I wouldn't say it is very high percentage. I only feel nostalgic sometimes, and when I do feel nostalgic it lasts a few days. Then I don't feel like that for a while. Last night I felt some nostalgia when I saw the Walmart Back to School commercial and they played "Here I go again" by Whitesnake.... I don't know, lol. I would say 50 percent.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/17 at 2:20 pm

I would say it's about 50%.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/29/17 at 2:39 pm

I would say between 45-55%.

Written By: bchris02 on 08/29/17 at 2:42 pm

I'm just gonna put out there, we all joined InThe00s really just to walk down memory lane.

How would you rate the percentage of your nostalgia addict that remain present in your life?

Nostalgia is basically my life support. Haha If I'm not thinking about the opposite gender, nostalgia is 100% of rating for me. It really knows what its doing.

Same here.  Since moving back to my small hometown in 2012 (which was basically me giving up on life), my personal life has totally sucked.  Nostalgia for the late '00s/early '10s is a significant part of my life and many times helps keep me going.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 2:51 pm

55% for me.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/29/17 at 3:15 pm

About 10%. Surely, that percentage will increase as I get older. I'm going to miss the 2010's when it ends. It's my teen decade.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 3:20 pm

About 10%. Surely, that percentage will increase as I get older. I'm going to miss the 2010's when it ends. It's my teen decade.

I'm a "quintessential" 2010s teen and I will barely miss this decade, lol.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/29/17 at 3:29 pm

I'm definetly going to miss the decade and I already know it! :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 3:39 pm

I'm definetly going to miss the decade and I already know it! :)

There are going to a few things that I will be nostalgic for but overall, I won't have much of an affinity for this decade.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/29/17 at 3:51 pm

I sure as hell will. Unpopular opinion, but I personally think this decade has really good hip-hop music. My Spotify playlist is filled with many of them. Here are some personal favorites of mines:
DJ Khaled - Whatever
No Heart - 21 Savage
Goosebumps - Travis Scott
Migos - T-shirt
Mac Miller - Dang!
Drake - Passionfruit
Ocean Drive - 21 Savage
Collard Greens - SchoolBoy Q

In all honesty, I'm glad I grew up in the '00's and '10's. Both decades I think had really awesome music. 

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 3:57 pm

I sure as hell will. Unpopular opinion, but I personally think this decade has really good hip-hop music. My Spotify playlist is filled with many of them. Here are some personal favorites of mines:
DJ Khaled - Whatever
No Heart - 21 Savage
Migos - T-shirt
Mac Miller - Dang!
Drake - Passionfruit
Ocean Drive - 21 Savage

In all honesty, I'm glad I grew up in the '00's and '10's. Both decades I think had really awesome music.

Don't worry about me. If you will remember the 2010s fondly...that's perfectly fine. I was just stating my feelings :P.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/29/17 at 3:57 pm

DJ Khaled - Whatever
No Heart - 21 Savage
Migos - T-shirt
Mac Miller - Dang!
Drake - Passionfruit
Ocean Drive - 21 Savage

How much of that hip hop you're listening to is trap?

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 08/29/17 at 4:23 pm

I will barely miss the 2010s,I even miss the 00s more 2001-2008 was prime time greatness.

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 08/29/17 at 4:25 pm

I will barely miss the 2010s,I even miss the 00s more 2001-2008 was prime time greatness.
and 1995-2001 was also my favorite that was great

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/29/17 at 4:32 pm

I will barely miss the 2010s, I even miss the 00s more 2001-2008 was prime time greatness.
Same here. The only 10s era I'll miss is 2010-13.  With the exception of personal achievements for myself, this decade hasn't been great at all.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 4:48 pm

Same here. The only 10s era I'll miss is 2010-13.  With the exception of personal achievements for myself, this decade hasn't been great at all.

2010-2011 (and summer of 2012) for me but everything else is the same here.

Written By: 2001 on 08/29/17 at 5:00 pm

20-30% at the moment. Two years ago it would have been at 70-80%. I was really into 1920s-1970s fashion and books, and 1990s video games. The retro craze seems to have died down a bit. The main thing keeping me going is the late 2000s Scandinavian métal and J-rock I used to listen to. It reminds me of my teenage years.

Written By: 2001 on 08/29/17 at 5:03 pm

I'm going to miss the 2010s too. :D 2017 has been the best year of my life.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/29/17 at 5:14 pm

Idk, maybe like 10%. I don't reslly like to constantly live in the past and hate on anything during the current time like a lot of people on here do. I prefer to just enjoy the moment I'm living in because we can never get this time back. That not to say that I don't like get nostalgia sometimes for my childhood especially, because the 2000s were great! I just don't wanna spend all my time doing that. :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/29/17 at 6:03 pm

My whole life is nostalgia.

I am going to get an entire Steampunk wardrobe.

Subject: What percentage of nostalgia is apart of your daily life?

Written By: Dude111 on 08/29/17 at 6:47 pm

I think all of us here love the pure world that died in the late 70s.......... (digital,etc)

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 08/29/17 at 7:05 pm

About 75% of my daily life now. Between late 2013-2016, it would've been about 90% of my daily life due to my obsession over my childhood at that time. But frankly, I just go for it since this decade really sucks ass and everybody here knows that about me.

I think all of us here love the pure world that died in the late 70s.......... (digital,etc)

If you're talking about the 80s, 90s, and 2000s part of things, then yeah. But for the 2010s, hell no.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 7:32 pm

Wow...most of you guys seem socially depressed and/or trapped in a "nostalgia bubble". It's not that bad guys...everything is NOT on fire :-\\.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/29/17 at 7:46 pm

DJ Khaled - Whatever
No Heart - 21 Savage
Migos - T-shirt
Mac Miller - Dang!
Drake - Passionfruit
Ocean Drive - 21 Savage

I'm not really a fan of hip-hop (I'm a "peak teen" in this decade born in 1999). I'm more of a 80's/90's heavy metal, rock, and synthpop fan.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/29/17 at 7:57 pm

How much of that hip hop you're listening to is trap?

As for the list, some of it is trap. I like trap music too lol. Like Humble by Kendrick Lamar is pretty good. Another trap song favorite of mine is Jumpman by Drake. I remember everyone in my school back in 2015 loving that song.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/29/17 at 8:01 pm

As for the list, some of it is trap. I like trap music too lol. Like Humble by Kendrick Lamar is pretty good. Another trap song favorite of mine is Jumpman by Drake. I remember everyone in my school back in 2015 loving that song.
Actually, Jumpman is one of the trap songs I like. I don't like much of the rest because they don't make any sense nor can one dance to them. As for Humble, it doesn't sound like its trap.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/29/17 at 8:32 pm

Wow...most of you guys seem socially depressed and/or trapped in a "nostalgia bubble". It's not that bad guys...everything is NOT on fire :-\\.

Aren't you sick of generation discussions?

No one mentioned being depressed. Nostalgia just generally feels good. Just let us vibe to what we enjoy doing.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 08/29/17 at 9:00 pm

I actually agree with you on that. I don't think everything in the 2010s are complete crap. In fact, I'm binge watching Rick and Morty right now as I'm typing this post. But for me, it's not only because I'm a bit socially depressed. I.. went through tough times between mid 2012-mid 2015.

First off, I was anxious over the fact that I had autism when I was about 12-13. But I wasn't even nostalgic at the time, since I never really thought things could be worse. But back then, I hated of how I was born with this disability and blamed myself for being completely stupid. I thought my parents expected me to be normal, but they were shocked when I was diagnosed with it. I didn't know about it until I was 10, but it really f*cked me up when I heard about it. This also got me bullied by some kids from a summer camp that I went to when I was 12. Considering I took most of their stuff literally, I was pretty angry at them and I fought with one of the kids. The counselors had to break it up because it was really violent. None of the counselors ever defended me from it, since most of them were pretentious douchebags.

Secondly, there was my 8th grade year. I hated it so much that it brought me physical pain whenever I went to school between September 2012-June 2013. I was so happy when I graduated, since I never wanted to visit my middle school ever again after that. But every day felt like sh*t because most of my classmates there were annoying. I couldn't really relate with them. I only talked to one kid regularly that year and that's because my best friend transferred to another school by the time I went to 8th grade. It sucked ass and I never wanted to revisit those memories ever.

Thirdly (as some people here already knew), I took sh*t literally on the Internet. Especially around 2014-2015. When I was on Newgrounds and the IGN Boards, almost everybody there was a dick to me and I couldn't take the pressure of being known as a lolcow. I was afraid that people would threaten me and find my personal address. But I avoided them and that's how I found this website. All I wanted was to find a community that was positive over the 2000s (or my autism alone at that point) and people were kind to me here. It's been that way for over two years now and I feel kinda happier than I was two years ago.

Today, stuff still seems like sh*t and I can't avoid for the part. So that's why I sometimes consider myself socially depressed by your definition, since not a lot of things are the same to me anymore. Plus, I went through some really awful times, such as some asshole call me on Skype and recorded the whole conversation in early 2015, my dad going through a severe stroke in July 2015, and my grandpa dying earlier this year.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 9:04 pm

Aren't you sick of generation discussions?

Yes but what does that have to do with what I said? ???

No one mentioned being depressed. Nostalgia just generally feels good. Just let us vibe to what we enjoy doing.

I said "socially" depressed and it was also a hyperbole so chill out dude.

Also, everybody experiences nostalgia but most of you guys are saying that almost all of your current/daily life is consumed by nostalgia. It's not that bad guys...:-X.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 9:06 pm

I actually agree with you on that. I don't think everything in the 2010s are complete crap. In fact, I'm binge watching Rick and Morty right now as I'm typing this post. But for me, it's not only because I'm a bit socially depressed. I.. went through tough times between mid 2012-mid 2015.

First off, I was anxious over the fact that I had autism when I was about 12-13. But I wasn't even nostalgic at the time, since I never really thought things could be worse. But back then, I hated of how I was born with this disability and blamed myself for being completely stupid. I thought my parents expected me to be normal, but they were shocked when I was diagnosed with it. I didn't know about it until I was 10, but it really f*cked me up when I heard about it. This also got me bullied by some kids from a summer camp that I went to when I was 12. Considering I took most of their stuff literally, I was pretty angry at them and I fought with one of the kids. The counselors had to break it up because it was really violent. None of the counselors ever defended me from it, since most of them were pretentious douchebags.

Secondly, there was my 8th grade year. I hated it so much that it brought me physical pain whenever I went to school between September 2012-June 2013. I was so happy when I graduated, since I never wanted to visit my middle school ever again after that. But every day felt like sh*t because most of my classmates there were annoying. I couldn't really relate with them. I only talked to one kid regularly that year and that's because my best friend transferred to another school by the time I went to 8th grade. It sucked ass and I never wanted to revisit those memories ever.

Thirdly (as some people here already knew), I took sh*t literally on the Internet. Especially around 2014-2015. When I was on Newgrounds and the IGN Boards, almost everybody there was a dick to me and I couldn't take the pressure of being known as a lolcow. I was afraid that people would threaten me and find my personal address. But I avoided them and that's how I found this website. All I wanted was to find a community that was positive over the 2000s (or my autism alone at that point) and people were kind to me here. It's been that way for over two years now and I feel kinda happier than I was two years ago.

Today, stuff still seems like sh*t and I can't avoid for the part. So that's why I sometimes consider myself socially depressed by your definition, since not a lot of things are the same to me anymore. Plus, I went through some really awful times, such as some asshole call me on Skype and recorded the whole conversation in early 2015, my dad going through a severe stroke in July 2015, and my grandpa dying earlier this year.

It's OK bro. I understand your situation and how you feel.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/29/17 at 9:18 pm

Yes but what does that have to do with what I said? ???
I said "socially" depressed and it was also a hyperbole so chill out dude.

Dude, put the sub genres of depression aside. Depression is depression, period.

Also, everybody experiences nostalgia but most of you guys are saying that almost all of your current/daily life is consumed by nostalgia. It's not that bad guys...:-X.

Also, I never said today suck. I'm just representing my time. I made a thread for this, dude. Nostalgia feels good.

If I came off harsh to you, my bad. I don't do the emoji thing.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 9:38 pm

Dude, put the sub genres of depression aside. Depression is depression, period.

Hyperbole. Do you know it?

Written By: Emman on 08/29/17 at 10:01 pm

I consider myself a very forward looking person, I don't dwell on personal nostalgia much.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/29/17 at 10:45 pm

Hyperbole. Do you know it?

Does it really matter though?

That's irrelevant to this topic, man. This is a calm laid back thread. No one is going berserk over the current.

If you feel the need for this, I recall a mental health thread created by JordanK, waiting for you.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/29/17 at 11:03 pm

Also, everybody experiences nostalgia but most of you guys are saying that almost all of your current/daily life is consumed by nostalgia.

Yeah! Of course everyone's gonna be nostalgic a lot of the time and that's fine but I'm just shocked at the amount of people who have said they spend like 100% of their time being nostalgic for the past. I actually feel quite sorry for anyone who feels that way, not to sound rude. ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 11:09 pm

Does it really matter though?

That's irrelevant to this topic, man. This is a calm laid back thread. No one is going berserk over the current.

If you feel the need for this, I recall a mental health thread created by JordanK, waiting for you.

You need some help dude. Maybe, you should check that "mental health thread" out for yourself.

Otherwise, calm down...you're overanalyzing my statements.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/17 at 11:10 pm

Yeah! Of course everyone's gonna be nostalgic a lot of the time and that's fine but I'm just shocked at the amount of people who have said they spend like 100% of their time being nostalgic for the past past. I actually feel quite sorry for anyone who feels that way, not to sound rude. ;)

Yeah, I agree with you ;).

Written By: Howard on 08/30/17 at 5:21 am

nothing wrong with being nostalgic.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/30/17 at 5:42 am

nothing wrong with being nostalgic.

He never said there's anything wrong with being nostalgic. He's talking about the people who do that 100% of the time. ::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/30/17 at 8:50 am

He never said there's anything wrong with being nostalgic. He's talking about the people who do that 100% of the time. ::)

Thank you!

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/30/17 at 8:55 am

You need some help dude. Maybe, you should check that "mental health thread" out for yourself.

Otherwise, calm down...you're overanalyzing my statements.

Post your statements in the mental health thread. Last warning, man.
Yeah! Of course everyone's gonna be nostalgic a lot of the time and that's fine but I'm just shocked at the amount of people who have said they spend like 100% of their time being nostalgic for the past. I actually feel quite sorry for anyone who feels that way, not to sound rude. ;)

A 100% doesn't mean "all the time" Just, we think about it everyday. Nostalgia is a form of motivation.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/30/17 at 9:24 am

Post your statements in the mental health thread. Last warning, man.

You have a serious case of self projection. You're the one that needs a mental health evaluation. You're getting mad at me for no reason because like most things you overanalyze my statements.

Also, you are literally mopey basically most of the time. Try to find a source of happiness in life that is NOT nostlagia for once.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/30/17 at 10:35 am

I didn't really understand at first but now I see why Brian left this site. The same two users commenting on someone's mental health, are the Same! two dudes that ended up talking about generations in his last topic he wanted nothing more to do with. Unbelievable.

I miss the old InThe00s.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/30/17 at 10:39 am

I didn't really understand at first but now I see why Brian left this site. The same two users commenting on someone's mental health, are the Same! two dudes that ended up talking about generations in his last topic he wanted nothing more to do with. Unbelievable.

I miss the old InThe00s.

All I was doing was contributing to the discussion which Brian himself did as well. I never said that I love talking about generations...I even said that it gets tiresome and people have been debating generations for decades.

Please, stop trying to avoid the fact that you're a grown man that is still encapsulated in your childhood and teen years.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/30/17 at 11:14 am

Your an imbecile, dude. I thought I could have called you a bro but, I was completely wrong about you.

I don't like you.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/30/17 at 11:27 am

Your an imbecile, dude. I thought I could have called you a bro but, I was completely wrong about you.

I don't like you.

OK. Thanks for expressing your dislike of me...as if that means anything :).

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 08/30/17 at 12:15 pm

A 100% doesn't mean "all the time" Just, we think about it everyday. Nostalgia is a form of motivation.

I... don't think so. As someone who really went through f*cked up times, I use nostalgia to relieve my past memories that I love so much. Using it as a motivation can make sense, if you're using past lessons as a way to go through stuff. However, it's not really a good thing if you're one of those people who think today really sucks and it's not the same as it used to be. I see that to myself for a few years now and it's sometimes unhealthy if you're going through the same nostalgic stuff over and over again.

Written By: 2001 on 08/30/17 at 12:32 pm

That's really sad, hearing about all those things you went through. :( It's good you're happier now than you were two years ago though. Condolences to your grandfather, and I hope your dad is doing better now?

I love Rick and Morty. Its humour is really "edgy". I only watched the first season so far, I'll try to find the time to finish the rest.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 08/30/17 at 12:51 pm

That's really sad, hearing about all those things you went through. :( It's good you're happier now than you were two years ago though. Condolences to your grandfather, and I hope your dad is doing better now?

My dad is pretty better than he was two years ago. He couldn't really do a lot of things around mid-late 2015, but he's at least more active.

I love Rick and Morty. Its humour is really "edgy". I only watched the first season so far, I'll try to find the time to finish the rest.

The second and third seasons are really awesome. I definitely recommend you finishing the rest of the series.  ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/30/17 at 1:32 pm

I... don't think so. As someone who really went through f*cked up times, I use nostalgia to relieve my past memories that I love so much. Using it as a motivation can make sense, if you're using past lessons as a way to go through stuff. However, it's not really a good thing if you're one of those people who think today really sucks and it's not the same as it used to be. I see that to myself for a few years now and it's sometimes unhealthy if you're going through the same nostalgic stuff over and over again.

Thank you! That's all I was saying (or at least trying to).

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/07/17 at 2:54 pm

When I was on Newgrounds and the IGN Boards, almost everybody there was a dick to me and I couldn't take the pressure of being known as a lolcow

I've seen threads on IGN Boards especially about Generations and things like that. I've got to say they probably have the worst community I've ever seen.

Check for new replies or respond here...