inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lady Gaga is working on a new album

Written By: bchris02 on 08/30/17 at 1:32 pm

http://ew.com/music/2017/08/29/lady-gaga-next-album-lg6-interview/

It looks like Lady Gaga is already looking ahead.  I think it's do or die for her with this next album.  She could potentially propel herself back into prominence or it could be the clearest signal yet that she is past her peak.

Looking at Gaga this decade there are certain parallels to Britney Spears last decade. Britney was the biggest name in pop music ca. Y2K and remained very strong through her first two albums.  Around her third album she started to lose her impact and in the middle of the decade she was virtually a tabloid joke outside her loyal fan base (I am thinking around the time she shaved her hair).  Then, in the late 2000s she came out with Circus, which propelled her back into the spotlight and was almost as impactful as her early stuff.

Here's to hoping Gaga goes the same route with her next album.

Subject: Re: Lady Gaga is working on a new album

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 08/30/17 at 3:32 pm

Yes let lady gaga save music.

Written By: 2001 on 08/30/17 at 4:38 pm

Hopefully it's not country or anything like The Cure.

I wish Carly Rae Jensen's latest album did better. That's the kind of direction I wanted music to evolve from on the early 2010s style. Hopefully Lady Gaga's album sounds more like that and it sells well.

Honestly, if ARTPOP had more songs like Applause and less like... ARTPOP, it would have done better.

Written By: bchris02 on 08/30/17 at 5:31 pm

Honestly, if ARTPOP had more songs like Applause and less like... ARTPOP, it would have done better.

I agree.  I personally liked Artpop but I can understand why a lot of people didn't.  I think Lady Gaga's problem with her last two albums is she has departed too far from the kind of songs and presentation that made her popular to begin with.  Artpop was too pretentious and took itself too seriously and Joanne was too bland and "middle America".  Neither worked well for her.  I think she needs to get back to her roots and if she does that, I think the next album can be a success.

I'll have to give Carly Rae Jepsen's new stuff a listen.  I wasn't aware that she had anything new.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/30/17 at 5:48 pm

Hopefully it's not country or anything like The Cure.

I wish Carly Rae Jensen's latest album did better. That's the kind of direction I wanted music to evolve from on the early 2010s style. Hopefully Lady Gaga's album sounds more like that and it sells well.

I liked The Cure and The Joanne era.  :-[  :-[  :-[

Written By: 2001 on 08/30/17 at 7:55 pm

I liked The Cure and The Joanne era.  :-
I agree.  I personally liked Artpop but I can understand why a lot of people didn't.  I think Lady Gaga's problem with her last two albums is she has departed too far from the kind of songs and presentation that made her popular to begin with.  Artpop was too pretentious and took itself too seriously and Joanne was too bland and "middle America".  Neither worked well for her.  I think she needs to get back to her roots and if she does that, I think the next album can be a success.

I'll have to give Carly Rae Jepsen's new stuff a listen.  I wasn't aware that she had anything new.

Oh, I meant E-mo-tion (2015) and E-mo-tion Side B (2016). I just saw that she released a new single this year. That one's... Not so great ;D It sounds very 2009 though.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/30/17 at 8:53 pm

I hate country in general. ;D (except that one Beyoncé sing). The Cure is probably a good song on its own, but what I meant is I don't want an album that sounds like it could have been released by the Chainsmokers.

Oh, I meant E-mo-tion (2015) and E-mo-tion Side B (2016). I just saw that she released a new single this year. That one's... Not so great ;D It sounds very 2009 though.

You one them city folks, you, you, listen dem hard beat songs too much!  8)

Check for new replies or respond here...