inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When will trap rap start fading

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 08/30/17 at 4:05 pm

I love hip hop and think more rap nowadays should be like Kendrick I heard Damn album and loved like 90% if the songs now that style of hip hop needs to return,there's just so much potential

Subject: Re: When will trap rap start fading

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/31/17 at 12:55 pm

I love hip hop and think more rap nowadays should be like Kendrick I heard Damn album and loved like 90% if the songs now that style of hip hop needs to return,there's just so much potential

Trap will fade when the new sound of hip hop comes in. Been like this for a while now. First there was the original old school hip hop. By the mid 80s we got new school hip hop when the east coast hip hop scene was big. Fast farward through the golden age of hip hop and the east coast sound soon faded as gangsta rap became popular. Shortly after G-funk took over, but that died by 1996. West coast gangsta rap soon became the big thing again and took over the sound of hip hop for quite a while. Dirty South hip hop replaced that gangsta rap sound a bit with the Trap sound which brings us to today.

Hip Hop as gone through many phases. Just wait until the next sound/genre of hip hop comes in. As for when this will happen? Well if the 2020s is reaction towards the 2010s then I'm sure people will get sick of Trap and make up a new sound. No genre lasts for a long time. It usually dies off and a new sub genre becomes popular.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 08/31/17 at 6:12 pm

Trap will fade when the new sound of hip hop comes in. Been like this for a while now. First there was the original old school hip hop. By the mid 80s we got new school hip hop when the east coast hip hop scene was big. Fast farward through the golden age of hip hop and the east coast sound soon faded as gangsta rap became popular. Shortly after G-funk took over, but that died by 1996. West coast gangsta rap soon became the big thing again and took over the sound of hip hop for quite a while. Dirty South hip hop replaced that gangsta rap sound a bit with the Trap sound which brings us to today.

Hip Hop as gone through many phases. Just wait until the next sound/genre of hip hop comes in. As for when this will happen? Well if the 2020s is reaction towards the 2010s then I'm sure people will get sick of Trap and make up a new sound. No genre lasts for a long time. It usually dies off and a new sub genre becomes popular.

Or rap/hip-hop can just altogether lose its relevance among the general population.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/31/17 at 6:14 pm

Or rap/hip-hop can just altogether lose its relevance among the general population.

I don't see that happening unless the genre just doesn't evolve. If a genre doesn't evolve it fades away. If it evolves and gets a new sound or new sub genre then it'll continue on, I think.

Written By: Shemp97 on 08/31/17 at 6:21 pm

I would rather HipHop return to the lyricism and break beats of the 00's. Kendrick just sounds weird and falls into some of the annoyances of modern rap music.

Check for new replies or respond here...