inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will trl do anything to music?

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/03/17 at 12:36 pm

Trl has potential to maybe spark different styles of music and a chance to introduce new awesome artists it really is exciting to think about what y'all think.

Subject: Re: Will trl do anything to music?

Written By: John Titor on 09/03/17 at 12:49 pm

Trl has potential to maybe spark different styles of music and a chance to introduce new awesome artists it really is exciting to think about what y'all think.

it will introduce the next teen pop era

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/03/17 at 2:41 pm

it will introduce the next teen pop era
That would be great. ::)☺

I would love if this did happen,but this time let's get real boy bands like backstreet and NSYNC not like one direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/03/17 at 4:44 pm

This new TRL will not be close to the iconic and influential status that the original TRL had.

The original TRL was a product of it's time and that magic or "lightning in a bottle" can NEVER be reproduced or recaptured.

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/03/17 at 4:51 pm

I would love if this did happen,but this time let's get real boy bands like backstreet and NSYNC not like one direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someday, today's 10-15 year olds will be saying the same of One Direction.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/03/17 at 4:55 pm

This new TRL will not be close to the iconic and influential status that the original TRL had.

The original TRL was a product of it's time and that magic or "lightning in a bottle" can NEVER be reproduced or recaptured.

I agree with this.  The landscape is different today and MTV isn't the driving force of pop culture that it was in the early 2000s during TRL's peak.  Regardless of how successful this is, I don't see it having the impact of the first TRL.

Someday, today's 10-15 year olds will be saying the same of One Direction.

This.  Teen pop is always targeted at the current generation of teenagers and not those who liked teen pop last decade.  It's the same deal with MTV.  Millennials approaching 30 lament how MTV isn't what it used to be, but they are no longer in the target demographic for the network.

Plus, we are just finishing up a teen-pop dominated era.  I'm not ready for another one yet.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/03/17 at 5:05 pm

I agree with this.  The landscape is different today and MTV isn't the driving force of pop culture that it was in the early 2000s during TRL's peak.  Regardless of how successful this is, I don't see it having the impact of the first TRL.

Exactly!

Written By: John Titor on 09/03/17 at 6:10 pm

they are Prettymuch is the new boy band

Written By: bchris02 on 09/03/17 at 7:16 pm

Just looked them up.  They definitely have a Backstreet Boys-esque sound to them.  Very late '90s/Y2K era sound.

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/03/17 at 10:24 pm

pretty much has potentially to be a boy band I like.

Check for new replies or respond here...