inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you think you won't miss the '10s, watch this

Written By: bchris02 on 09/04/17 at 1:06 am

2nlH1MgQIlE

Top 100 music videos on VEVO.  It goes back to 2007, but most of the songs are from 2010+.

Subject: Re: If you think you won't miss the '10s, watch this

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/04/17 at 1:11 am

The only 10s I'll miss is 2010-13 and hopefully 2018-19. I have tried to give the rest of the decade a chance and it failed me. Most things have been terrible since 2014 except for my personal achievements.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/04/17 at 1:33 am

I didn't need to watch it to know I would miss the '10s :).

Soo many Spanish songs though

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/17 at 1:37 am

I jumped straight to the top 5, and look who is at number 1? It should be Bruno!

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/04/17 at 11:52 am

The only parts of the 10s I will miss is 2010 and 2011,but everything since late 2011 has felt bland and not to mention this is the most uneventful decade in a while.im not trying to dislike this decade there are some good stuff here and tgere ,but overall like 75% of this decade is bland to focused on cashing in on things that's why I say the 90s is still the best decade to me until another decade overtakes it hopefully the 2020s will ::)

Written By: Slim95 on 09/04/17 at 11:53 am

I will miss 2013 - present for sure. Who knows maybe later on I will develop a soft spot for the early '10s even though it was a bad time for my personal life.

Things I will miss for sure is Game of Thrones. The absolute best show of this decade and actually the best show in history in my opinion. I will miss underground rap music of this time such as Hopsin especially if he passes his peak later on. I will miss the Star Wars reboot and all the hype surrounding it. I will miss the nostalgic throwbacks if these things settle down later on. I will miss some mainstream music such as Adele. I will also miss some of the smartphone apps I heavily used such as Periscope and Chitter (Chillabit now). And my university years in general will be missed. There will definitely be 2010s nostalgia in store for me in the future, just nowhere near as close as 2000s nostalgia which is normal because I was a kid in the 2000s. I think in the future all of you who hate this decade will realize it is not so bad when you look back.

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/04/17 at 12:06 pm

I also would say the early 2010s(2010-2012) are the overall best part of this decade and if it wasn't for the early 2010s fun,colorful vibes this decade would be a mess so we are lucky how the 2010s started so bright now I know 2018 and 2019 haven't gotten here yet so I cant say the rest of the decade will be bland,but maybe its just me,but the 2010s don't have any vibes,okay once in a while they do but overall no way and its funny cause I almost get this feeling that I will always be nostalgic for the 90s and 2000s and when the 2030s arrive I will be nostalgic for the 2020s instead of the 2010s,because the 2020s could be awesome I mean the decade 2020 just sounds amazing baby.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/04/17 at 12:09 pm

I also would say the early 2010s(2010-2012) are the overall best part of this decade and if it wasn't for the early 2010s fun,colorful vibes this decade would be a mess so we are lucky how the 2010s started so bright now I know 2018 and 2019 haven't gotten here yet so I can say the rest of the decade will be bland,but maybe its just me,but the 2010s don't have any vibes,okay once in a while they do but overall no way and its funny cause I almost get this feeling that I will always be nostalgic for the 90s and 2000s and when the 2030s arrive I will be nostalgic for the 2020s instead of the 2010s,because the 2020s could be awesome I mean the decade 2020 just sounds amazing baby.

The early 2010s were the worst part of the decade. I hated the colourful vibe as it felt fake and forced. It was not genuine and especially because the economy still wasn't back in full force people felt this. Wanna know a real genuine upbeat and colourful vibe? The early 2000s, or the Y2K era specifically up to 2001. That is what a real colourful and upbeat era feels like.

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/04/17 at 12:16 pm

The early 2010s were the worst part of the decade. I hated the colourful vibe as it felt fake and forced. It was not genuine and especially because the economy still wasn't back in full force people felt this. Wanna know a real genuine upbeat and colourful vibe? The early 2000s, or the Y2K era specifically up to 2001. That is what a real colourful and upbeat era feels like.
yes your right slim95 the y2k era was a really great time and it was one of the coolest.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/04/17 at 12:24 pm

I also would say the early 2010s(2010-2012) are the overall best part of this decade and if it wasn't for the early 2010s fun,colorful vibes this decade would be a mess so we are lucky how the 2010s started so bright now I know 2018 and 2019 haven't gotten here yet so I cant say the rest of the decade will be bland,but maybe its just me,but the 2010s don't have any vibes,okay once in a while they do but overall no way and its funny cause I almost get this feeling that I will always be nostalgic for the 90s and 2000s and when the 2030s arrive I will be nostalgic for the 2020s instead of the 2010s,because the 2020s could be awesome I mean the decade 2020 just sounds amazing baby.

People said the same thing about the 2000s.

A lot of people have a special affinity for the Y2K era.  I have a lot of fond memories from that era, but I have little desire to return there unlike the late '00s/early '10s.

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/04/17 at 12:35 pm

See the reason I know I won't really ever be nostalgic for the 2010s is because I know if I will be nostalgic near the end of a decade like in the 90s I knew I was going to miss that decade even when the 90s still were going on same with the 00s,but I can't wait till this decade is finished and  I'm saying I will probably still be nostalgic for dos 90s in the 2020s and 00s,but the only way I will be nostalgic for the 2010s is if the 2020s are worse which I highly over the top doubt it looks like it could only go up from here ya know what I mean.And if the 2020s are awesome I would highly be nostalgic for the 2020s in 2030 not the 10s.like I said don't hate this decade its just not as awesome and badass as the 90s and 2000s and over all this decade has been bland except 2009-2011 like I said.

Written By: J. Rob on 09/04/17 at 3:25 pm

Overall.....this has been a bland, formulaic and depressing decade

Written By: wixness on 09/04/17 at 7:42 pm

2nlH1MgQIlE

Top 100 music videos on VEVO.  It goes back to 2007, but most of the songs are from 2010+.

Nope, still won't miss the 2010s. Everything from 2013 onwards in that video I hate.

Overall.....this has been a bland, formulaic and depressing decade

Spot on. I don't know how they got their music tastes from because it just sounds so awful. I don't care about what they write, it's how it sounds like that really pisses me off about this decade.

This sort of sound would be the sort of thing that would be "mainstream" back in the 2000s, but I still find it to sound way better than what we have this decade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg59q4puhmg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agrXgrAgQ0U

Written By: 80sfan on 09/04/17 at 8:39 pm

My feelings towards this decade (the 2010's) is too colored by my very hectic personal life, to put it nicely.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/04/17 at 9:17 pm

My feelings towards this decade (the 2010's) is too colored by my very hectic personal life, to put it nicely.

I think I would have loved this decade if I was about five years younger and my family wasn't quite so uptight and fundamentalist.  The geek hipster culture that was popular from 2013-Present (though its now somewhat in decline) was perfect for me.

As is though, my dismal personal life from late 2012 onwards tainted this decade for me.  Still, I think there will be aspects about it I will miss.

Written By: 2001 on 09/04/17 at 9:56 pm

I watched the whole thing. Didn't need to watch it to now I'll miss this decade to death, but it confirmed it :D

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/04/17 at 10:11 pm

I think in the future all of you who hate this decade will realize it is not so bad when you look back.

I can hardly find any positives about the pop culture and society of the 2010s, in all honesty. It's great that technology and social media now allow you to truly live in your 'own world' so to speak, but what's the fun in that? I want to immerse myself in the current pop culture, not exclude myself from it. But what's the point in immersing myself in it, if it's just made up of countless reboots, sh*tty inauthentic music and a lack of real diversity across all platforms (music, TV shows etc.).

The one thing I hate about this decade is the total amount of conformism. Seriously, everyone has to like and hear about the same stupid thing on social media, or take part in the latest trend (i.e the Harlem Shake). The 2000s weren't like that. Everyone wasn't caught up in liking the same 5-second piece of garbage that happens to gain millions of views worldwide. Then when that's all over, you hear about yet another terrorist attack, in which many people have been injured or killed, or you hear about America's "saviour", Donald Trump, and all of his ridiculous antics...

Written By: 2001 on 09/04/17 at 10:49 pm

I can hardly find any positives about the pop culture and society of the 2010s, in all honesty. It's great that technology and social media now allow you to truly live in your 'own world' so to speak, but what's the fun in that? I want to immerse myself in the current pop culture, not exclude myself from it. But what's the point in immersing myself in it, if it's just made up of countless reboots, sh*tty inauthentic music and a lack of real diversity across all platforms (music, TV shows etc.).

That's what I used to think about the 2000s when I was your age, and now I find myself missing a few things from years like 2004 and 2007 ;D Time makes you forget about the bad things, and your brain will accentuate the good parts.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/04/17 at 10:57 pm

I think I would have loved this decade if I was about five years younger and my family wasn't quite so uptight and fundamentalist.  The geek hipster culture that was popular from 2013-Present (though its now somewhat in decline) was perfect for me.

As is though, my dismal personal life from late 2012 onwards tainted this decade for me.  Still, I think there will be aspects about it I will miss.

I think so, also. No decade is all 100% bad.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/04/17 at 11:13 pm

That's what I used to think about the 2000s when I was your age, and now I find myself missing a few things from years like 2004 and 2007 ;D Time makes you forget about the bad things, and your brain will accentuate the good parts.

Yeah I think so too.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/04/17 at 11:17 pm

The one thing I hate about this decade is the total amount of conformism. Seriously, everyone has to like and hear about the same stupid thing on social media, or take part in the latest trend (i.e the Harlem Shake). The 2000s weren't like that. Everyone wasn't caught up in liking the same 5-second piece of garbage that happens to gain millions of views worldwide. Then when that's all over, you hear about yet another terrorist attack, in which many people have been injured or killed, or you hear about America's "saviour", Donald Trump, and all of his ridiculous antics...
I agree with everything! Your whole message is why I don't like this decade at all. There's NO diversity, and it just irritates me to the fact on what's the point of giving it another chance if almost everything is one and the same?

I would hope next year and 2019 not to be like this, but I know that's not going to happen. Hopefully, in the 2020s, the conformism disappears.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/05/17 at 1:12 am

I agree with everything! Your whole message is why I don't like this decade at all. There's NO diversity, and it just irritates me to the fact on what's the point of giving it another chance if almost everything is one and the same?

I would hope next year and 2019 not to be like this, but I know that's not going to happen. Hopefully, in the 2020s, the conformism disappears.

Yep. What makes the whole situation even worse, is that this decade should be the decade of diversity. It's now so easy to be able to discover new and emerging bands/artists through streaming services and on social media. You'd think that this would have transpired onto the music charts, but it just hasn't. Instead, the opposite has happened. We now get scenarios where one artist can have up to five or six songs all within the Top 20, like what happened with Ed Sheeran's new album. This very rarely happened in the past. It's almost as if people are overwhelmed by the amount of options available (i.e streaming, YouTube), so they just stick with what they're already familiar with.

Record companies take advantage of this, so they keep on releasing manufactured and unoriginal material. Musicians that are already popular in the mainstream have no incentive to be creative and experimental, because they know that they could release the most horrible song in human existence, yet they would still earn a massive profit from it. It's a never ending cycle and that's why we're stuck in the awful situation that we are currently in.

Also, considering the fact that this decade kicked off with America having it's first ever African-American president, it's pretty disappointing that things have only regressed since then. America has literary gone backwards, which has only been exemplified with Donald Trump being elected as president. I know that there has always been racial tension in some form, but it shouldn't have escalated to what it's like now. The US Police force's treatment of African-Americans makes me sick.

Even LGBT acceptance isn't anywhere near where it should be. I know that many countries have legalised same-sex marriage and it's a step in the right direction, but there is still a lot of work to be done. Here in Australia, same-sex marriage still hasn't been legalised, which is really deplorable (considering that we are a developed, western country). I'm straight, so I don't truly know what the level of LGBT acceptance is at first hand. However, it's still not as good as it could be and the 2010s should have been the decade which raised the level of acceptance to a whole new level.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/05/17 at 1:26 am

Yep. What makes the whole situation even worse, is that this decade should be the decade of diversity. It's now so easy to be able to discover new and emerging bands/artists through streaming services and on social media. You'd think that this would have transpired onto the music charts, but it just hasn't. Instead, the opposite has happened. We now get scenarios where one artist can have up to five or six songs all within the Top 20, like what happened with Ed Sheeran's new album. This very rarely happened in the past. It's almost as if people are overwhelmed by the amount of options available (i.e streaming, YouTube), so they just stick with what they're already familiar with.

Record companies take advantage of this, so they keep on releasing manufactured and unoriginal material. Musicians that are already popular in the mainstream have no incentive to be creative and experimental, because they know that they could release the most horrible song in human existence, yet they would still earn a massive profit from it. It's a never ending cycle and that's why we're stuck in the awful situation that we are currently in.

Also, considering the fact that this decade kicked off with America having it's first ever African-American president, it's pretty disappointing that things have only regressed since then. America has literary gone backwards, which has only been exemplified with Donald Trump being elected as president. I know that there has always been racial tension in some form, but it shouldn't have escalated to what it's like now. The US Police force's treatment of African-Americans makes me sick.

Even LGBT acceptance isn't anywhere near where it should be. I know that many countries have legalised same-sex marriage and it's a step in the right direction, but there is still a lot of work to be done. Here in Australia, same-sex marriage still hasn't been legalised, which is really deplorable (considering that we are a developed, western country). I'm straight, so I don't truly know what the level of LGBT acceptance is at first hand. However, it's still not as good as it could be and the 2010s should have been the decade which raised the level of acceptance to a whole new level.

I don't know.  I've always thought of this decade as less conformist than the '00s.  Then again, I was in high school and college during the '00s and am an adult this decade.  I have no idea what it is like for a teenager right now.  I simply know the '00s were very conformist, especially the first half.  The second half allowed a little more individualism but it was still a very uptight time to be young.

In terms of the politics, yes it's gone backwards.  I won't get into reasons why because that would derail the thread.  One great thing about the early '10s is it was after the shift to the more liberal zeitgeist with Lady Gaga and increasing LGBT acceptance but before the SJW/anti-SJW dichotomy really took off (and that is what ultimately lead to Trump).

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/05/17 at 1:35 am

I don't know.  I've always thought of this decade as less conformist than the '00s.  Then again, I was in high school and college during the '00s and am an adult this decade.  I have no idea what it is like for a teenager right now.  I simply know the '00s were very conformist, especially the first half.  The second half allowed a little more individualism but it was still a very uptight time to be young.

From my perspective, I would say that social media has played a massive role in the conformism of this decade and because social media influences so many people's lives in one shape or another (especially teenagers), it makes me believe that this decade is much more conformist than the 2000s. I remember back in 2014, everyone at my high school was pressuring each other to take part in the Ice Bucket Challenge, because of it being such a huge trend. Then it extended to some celebrities taking part and other people in general. I hated how everyone was wanting to do something so stupid and the real motive behind it (which was to raise money for a charity, if i'm not mistaken) wasn't even considered.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/05/17 at 1:45 am

From my perspective, I would say that social media has played a massive role in the conformism of this decade and because social media influences so many people's lives in one shape or another (especially teenagers), it makes me believe that this decade is much more conformist than the 2000s. I remember back in 2014, everyone at my high school was pressuring each other to take part in the Ice Bucket Challenge, because of it being such a huge trend. Then it extended to some celebrities taking part and other people in general. I hated how everyone was wanting to do something so stupid and the real motive behind it (which was to raise money for a charity, if i'm not mistaken) wasn't even considered.

Oh I see what you mean in terms of these viral trends.  They seemed to have happened less though in recent years than they did from 2012-2015.  I didn't mind the Ice Bucket Challenge but the Harlem Shake got so old and so stupid.

I think the '00s and '10s were both conformist but in different ways.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 09/05/17 at 9:44 am

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't really miss most of the 2010s for sure. The only years from this decade that I would miss is 2010 and 2011 (before Steve Jobs died).

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/05/17 at 11:09 am

I'm almost 100% sure this is one of those decades that will go forgotten after its over like for me I really try to like it,but I'm always going back to the 00s and 90s because those were actually good periods of times without it bring forced and there was tons of great mainstream music like I say the only bad 2000 year that wasn't that good was 2006,but that's nothing compared to how many bad years the 2010s have which is most for me I mean I'm very haply there will be change within the next year or saw cause pop culture needs a dramatic reeboot kinda how this decade reeboots everything.And I was a kid in the 90a so I really only was experincing it starting at 95 cause I was born in 1992.I don't want to dislike any decade,but like I keep saying it a bland decade like trap rap....really that's the best hip hop and even gangster rap is 10x better than hip hop today if it can be called that any more.Then you literally have to go underground these days on Spotify to find good atuff ,but in the 90s and the 00s the great stuff was right there in the mainstream most of the time.so to I'm just saying the 10s aren't terrible they just were too bland,and formulaic AF to be a great decade like the only 10s year that was okay was 2011,but really 1 year so well have to see about 2018-2019.

This decade will end up like the 1930s or the 1940s of decades you rarely ever talk about again and I know ever  decade isn't perfect,but  it just feels as if past decades particularly the 90s 80s and some of the 2000s as simpler ,more creative,less ignorant,and better overall I mean this decade had potential it just never came into play.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/05/17 at 11:15 am

I'm almost 100% sure this is one of those decades that will go forgotten after its over like for me I really try to like it,but I'm always going back to the 00s and 90s because those were actually good periods of times without it bring forced and there was tons of great mainstream music like I say the only bad 2000 year that wasn't that good was 2006,but that's nothing compared to how many bad years the 2010s have which is most for me I mean I'm very haply there will be change within the next year or saw cause pop culture needs a dramatic reeboot kinda how this decade reeboots everything.And I was a kid in the 90a so I really only was experincing it starting at 95 cause I was born in 1992.I don't want to dislike any decade,but like I keep saying it a bland decade like trap rap....really that's the best hip hop and even gangster rap is 10x better than hip hop today if it can be called that any more.Then you literally have to go underground these days on Spotify to find good atuff ,but in the 90s and the 00s the great stuff was right there in the mainstream most of the time.so to I'm just saying the 10s aren't terrible they just were too bland,and formulaic AF to be a great decade like the only 10 year that was okay was 2011,but really 1 year so well have to see about 2018-2019.

That's the exact phrase people said about the 2000s... That it will be "forgotten". No it won't. In the future, people will get nostalgic for this decade, especially the people who are kids now. As I said, I will not forget it and I will miss parts of it. It is not a horrible decade, we are not facing a world war or anything.

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/05/17 at 11:33 am

That's the exact phrase people said about the 2000s... That it will be "forgotten". No it won't. In the future, people will get nostalgic for this decade, especially the people who are kids now. As I said, I will not forget it and I will miss parts of it. It is not a horrible decade, we are not facing a world war or anything.
yeah kids would be nostalgic,but I'm 24 and was hoping this was a good decade and I never hated the 00s,but I sure dislike the 10s I said I liked 2011 and 2010 but the rest is missing on so much potential and pop culture feels all weird and out of place so if I had to rank decades of the past 4 of the it would go
1.90s(2nd or best decade so far)
2.00s
3.80s
4.10s
Like I said I will always miss the 00 and 90s and the only year I would nostalgic for of the 10s is 2011 or 2010 and hopefully 2018-2019 will be good,but other than that the 00s are at this point even way better than the 10s in  2020 I still will be still nostalgic for the 90s and 00s and then will be hopefully loving the 2020s as well like I was hoping to be in this decades culture its just not badass and is filled with annoyance.

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/05/17 at 12:51 pm

I agree. I miss the music of David Guetta, Calvin Harris, and LMFAO. It was a fun and more relaxed time compared to 2013-16.

Written By: 2001 on 09/05/17 at 1:37 pm

I'm almost 100% sure this is one of those decades that will go forgotten after its over like for me I really try to like it,but I'm always going back to the 00s and 90s because those were actually good periods of times without it bring forced and there was tons of great mainstream music like I say the only bad 2000 year that wasn't that good was 2006,but that's nothing compared to how many bad years the 2010s have which is most for me I mean I'm very haply there will be change within the next year or saw cause pop culture needs a dramatic reeboot kinda how this decade reeboots everything.And I was a kid in the 90a so I really only was experincing it starting at 95 cause I was born in 1992.I don't want to dislike any decade,but like I keep saying it a bland decade like trap rap....really that's the best hip hop and even gangster rap is 10x better than hip hop today if it can be called that any more.Then you literally have to go underground these days on Spotify to find good atuff ,but in the 90s and the 00s the great stuff was right there in the mainstream most of the time.so to I'm just saying the 10s aren't terrible they just were too bland,and formulaic AF to be a great decade like the only 10s year that was okay was 2011,but really 1 year so well have to see about 2018-2019.

This decade will end up like the 1930s or the 1940s of decades you rarely ever talk about again and I know ever  decade isn't perfect,but  it just feels as if past decades particularly the 90s 80s and some of the 2000s as simpler ,more creative,less ignorant,and better overall I mean this decade had potential it just never came into play.

Everyone has their own opinions. I mean obviously you preferred the 2000s, but some people like me prefer the 2010s, and we're going to be talking about it in the future. I don't think you can say 'no one' will be talking about it.

As for having to dig to find music you like, it's not a new phenomenon at all. Around 2006 or 2007, I stopped listening to the radio completely because I couldn't stand it anymore. It became insufferable long before that though (in my opinion), sometime in early 2005. In the second half of the 2000s, there are way more Finnish songs I'm nostalgic for than songs in English, and I don't speak Finnish and I've never been to Finland; that's how far I was willing to go to find music I liked, and that was in 2006. :P 99% of amazing music never makes it to the charts, I think that's true for any decade tbh, even the 1970s and 1980s. I don't get why you'd want to limit yourself like that. I'm almost the same age as you btw (24 years old, born 1993)

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/05/17 at 3:00 pm

Basically mainstream is really bad compared to the past at least 3 decades and yes  music was not that great in around 2006 but that's like one year
that wasn't that good in the 2000s for me at least pop culturally,but the 10s never seem to get it right its like every now and the 10s are interesting other than that no way and the 90s and 00s were very successful that's why this decade is always trying to capitalize on things from the 90s.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/05/17 at 4:16 pm

Oh I see what you mean in terms of these viral trends.  They seemed to have happened less though in recent years than they did from 2012-2015.  I didn't mind the Ice Bucket Challenge but the Harlem Shake got so old and so stupid.

I think the '00s and '10s were both conformist but in different ways.

What about the mannequin challenge? ???

Written By: 2001 on 09/05/17 at 7:00 pm

I loved the Harlem Shake. I went to the filming of my uni's Harlem Shake, it was so much fun! We had to do it twice though since the first was poorly planned.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/05/17 at 9:09 pm

As what's been said, I'm going to miss 2010-2013. I'll miss 2015-present for my book and my 20s.

All of you completely knocking off the 2010s are biased. Really, the worst is probably yet to come.

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/05/17 at 9:14 pm

As what's been said, I'm going to miss 2010-2013. I'll miss 2015-present for my book and my 20s.

All of you completely knocking off the 2010s are biased. Really, the worst is probably yet to come.
the people who like this decade will miss it,but I got the feeling the people who really don't like this decade like me won't ever miss it.especially not 2012-2017

Written By: bchris02 on 09/05/17 at 9:25 pm

I agree.  I am hoping this decade has a calm and optimistic ending but I am not super hopeful given who is in the White House.  I am also hoping to close out this decade on a happier note in my personal life.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/05/17 at 9:30 pm

I loved the Harlem Shake. I went to the filming of my uni's Harlem Shake, it was so much fun! We had to do it twice though since the first was poorly planned.

I miss the Harlem Shake. I remember on the second to last day of Elementary School, our teachers had a little end of the school year party and we all did the Harlem Shake. Another reason why I personally loved 2013.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 09/06/17 at 12:09 am

I don't even miss the 00's!

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/06/17 at 12:23 am

I don't even miss the 00's!

What about 2000-2003? ???

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/06/17 at 12:44 am

but I got the feeling the people who really don't like this decade like me won't ever miss it.especially not 2012-2017

Those are my high school years. :P In the future, I may miss the simplicity of my life during the 2010s, although I definitely won't be nostalgic for the horrible pop-culture of this decade!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 09/06/17 at 1:18 am

What about 2000-2003? ???

2000-2002. I do miss the early 00's but the rest of the decade's pop culture was so vapid and boring! The 10's aren't much better, either.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/06/17 at 1:27 am

Well I have liked all years of the 2010s so far, and I hope things don't change in 2018-2019 (I'm gonna get a lot of hate for saying that).
The only time that I have lived through that I don't really like from a cultural perspective, is the late 2000s- 2008/9 only because '07 was great. Apart from that, the 2010s and 2000s are great decades. :)

Written By: Howard on 09/06/17 at 5:10 am

What about the mannequin challenge? ???

What was that?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/06/17 at 7:34 am

What was that?

LOL, where were you last year?! ;D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannequin_Challenge

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/06/17 at 12:22 pm

2012-2017 was a waste of pop culture that's why this decade turned out so bad.

80s-2009 was pop culture peak and hopefully the 2020s restore POP CULTURE.  ;) ;) ;)

Written By: Howard on 09/07/17 at 7:27 am

LOL, where were you last year?! ;D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannequin_Challenge

Oh Ok, I almost forgot about The Mannequin Challenge.

Written By: 2001 on 09/07/17 at 8:36 am

Oh Ok, I almost forgot about The Mannequin Challenge.

This is the first time I heard about it. I thought 2016 was the year of Harambe.

Written By: temaichi on 09/07/17 at 8:23 pm

2012-2017 was a waste of pop culture that's why this decade turned out so bad.

80s-2009 was pop culture peak and hopefully the 2020s restore POP CULTURE.  ;) ;) ;)

What do you have in mind when you say "restore?"

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/08/17 at 6:57 pm

The only year of the 2010s I will be nostalgic for will be 2010, when music still wasn't just Instagram models trying to get on the charts. The fun vibes from the 00's were still around. Comedy cartoons were still funny, action cartoons still existed, tech and social media was only just beginning to consume society and interaction. Not to mention 2010 was before the constant Tumblr/SJW-driven controversy. 2010 feels like such a long time ago now.

Check for new replies or respond here...