inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Viral videos in 2017?

Written By: bchris02 on 09/05/17 at 1:49 am

I don't know if it's just me getting older and more out of touch or if this really is a change, but it seems like it's been a while since we've had a real good viral video like the ones from the late '00s an the '10s up until about 2015.  I am thinking of videos like "Bed Intruder", "Old Greg", "Double Rainbow", "Friday", and "The Obamaphone." 

Am I just out of touch or are these kinds of videos less common in 2017?

Subject: Re: Viral videos in 2017?

Written By: Slim95 on 09/17/17 at 7:40 pm

Yeah viral videos have decreased quite a bit. The last one I remember being popular was Pineapple Pen which came out late last year.

0E00Zuayv9Q

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/17/17 at 8:20 pm

Yeah viral videos have decreased quite a bit. The last one I remember being popular was Pineapple Pen which came out late last year.

0E00Zuayv9Q

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4d/a1/19/4da11985303bad9ec12cd70656941ecd.jpg

Written By: Slim95 on 09/17/17 at 8:35 pm

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4d/a1/19/4da11985303bad9ec12cd70656941ecd.jpg

Why do you want to kill yourself?  ???

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/20/17 at 2:41 pm

I feel like recent memes have become more centred around niche online communities. The video I can remember going viral everywhere was the Crash Bandicoot woah meme.
zkBqOmelX28

Written By: HeyJealousy on 09/20/17 at 10:56 pm

Danielle Bregoli was the last big viral-video craze. If you're not in the "know", she made a snappy remark on Dr Phil back in January and people are still talking about her. "Catch me outside, how bout dah?". I personally pity her. She's an attractive young woman who comes from a rather rocky upbringing, and now she's the embodiment of "trailer trash" to so many. She's also an aspiring rapper. She's from my neck of the woods (well, not really, 15 miles away).

Written By: Slim95 on 09/20/17 at 11:08 pm

Danielle Bregoli was the last big viral-video craze. If you're not in the "know", she made a snappy remark on Dr Phil back in January and people are still talking about her. "Catch me outside, how bout dah?". I personally pity her. She's an attractive young woman who comes from a rather rocky upbringing, and now she's the embodiment of "trailer trash" to so many. She's also an aspiring rapper. She's from my neck of the woods (well, not really, 15 miles away).

Ah interesting I've only heard of her on this forum. I think I'm growing out of the viral video craze.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/21/17 at 7:09 am

Have you met her?

Written By: 2001 on 09/21/17 at 10:51 am

Despacito got 2 billion views and was an international sensation. :o

Written By: HeyJealousy on 09/21/17 at 1:44 pm

Have you met her?

Not that I know.
I used to frequent Boynton Beach (where she's from) as my aunt lives there.
I've only been to Boynton twice this year, and being that she's of Italian descent, she resembles many South Floridian women.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/21/17 at 3:25 pm

Despacito got 2 billion views and was an international sensation. :o

*3 billion

Check for new replies or respond here...