inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are we heading back to late 90s early 2000s culture

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/05/17 at 10:44 am

It seems like it chokers,braclets,the whole tumblr fashion style look,jeans and t shirts everywhere,Charlie's puth's attention song had a bsb and nsync style to it and of course trl next month I mean think about it I feel like within a year or so it  gonna be like 1999 all over again or most years in the 90s I would love this.

Subject: Re: Are we heading back to late 90s early 2000s culture

Written By: bchris02 on 09/05/17 at 11:21 am

It seems like it chokers,braclets,the whole tumblr fashion style look,jeans and t shirts everywhere,Charlie's puth's attention song had a bsb and nsync style to it and of course trl next month I mean think about it I feel like within a year or so it  gonna be like 1999 all over again or most years in the 90s I would love this.

I don't really see it.  A lot of people want to see an early '00s revival.  I think we would be better off though going in a new direction.  Part of the problem with the '10s is the culture has been too focused on exploiting '90s nostalgia, mostly evident in the film industry.

Subject: Re: Are we heading back to late 90s early 2000s culture

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/05/17 at 12:47 pm

I think now that Trump is in office, we might be heading back to the culture when GWB first took office in 2001. There was some late 90's nostalgia as far back as 2013 as seen in the movie "This is the End", when Seth Rogen and James Franco's wish for the Backstreet Boys to get back together came true in the heaven scene at the end.

Check for new replies or respond here...