inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2018 and 2019

Written By: bchris02 on 09/05/17 at 9:33 pm

What are your predictions for these years?  I am personally hoping for a calm and optimistic closure to a decade that has been a wild roller coaster ride for me.  I was on top of the world in 2010 and was at my all time low in 2013 going into 2014.  It's been a slow climb from there and I would like to see this decade end with me being content for a change.  However, I am worried about major world events such as an economic recession or even worse, WWIII happening within the next couple years.  I also worry about the social tension continuing to escalate and the far right becoming more extreme and the far left also becoming more extreme.  I worry about an uptick in violence between far right and far left groups continuing to hold this country hostage.

In terms of music and movies, I don't think there is any direction to go but up compared to what we've seen over the past few years.  I hope the hipster culture/lifestyle hangs on for a few more years.

Subject: Re: 2018 and 2019

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/06/17 at 12:49 am

2018:

* Early 2018 will still have the same vibe as now, although it may be more politically and socially intense.
* North Korea and the US will be in the midst of a war.
* There will be more elements of rock in new releases (i.e the guitar solo in "Wild Thoughts")
* A pop-punk song may enter into the Top 50 at some point.
* Pop music will be less electronic influenced
* The hipster sub-culture will gradually begin to decline.
* There will be a change in vibe/atmosphere around June or July 2018.
* We may begin to experience the earliest signs of 2020s culture towards the end of the year, although they will be subtle.
* A new boy-band may emerge onto the scene around Late 2018/Early 2019.
* There will be further backlash against smartphone and social media culture.
* If tensions continue to boil between North Korea and the US, we may witness a catastrophic event (e.g nuclear strike) happen towards the middle or end of the year.
* The earliest signs of a backlash against the cynicism of this decade may begin to form.

2019:

* Trap will decline in popularity.
* We will definitely be in a new cultural period by this point.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/06/17 at 1:01 pm

Not only has the loonie gone up to the highest point in 2 years (82 cents), Alberta is also officially out of a recession (one which lasted almost 3 years) as of this week. Things seem to be looking up for 2018 and 2019 although I don't think the price of oil will go up to pre-2015 levels. Either way I'm pretty optomistic for the next two years.

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/06/17 at 4:34 pm

Late 2018-2021 will most likely be the early 2020s culture and then when the new president or trump is elected that will start the accual 20s culture so that would be 2022 that the real 20s sets in and seperates from late10s/early 20s culture so one more time

2018-2021(early 20s culture/real late 10 culture)

2022 will begin the acuall cultural 20s

PS:this is just a prediction,but is likely to happen since we are majorly over due for a shift and I don't know how much longer this culture can stay around before becoming too stale

Check for new replies or respond here...