inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is all these hurricanes,trump,and war talk the beginning signs of early 20s

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/06/17 at 7:27 pm

I really didn't expect all these events to be going on like this which could be game changers for this decade.more so it mainly the hurricanes,and talks if war with north Korea that sparks my thought huge signs are currently proceeding

Subject: Re: Is all these hurricanes,trump,and war talk the beginning signs of early 20s

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/06/17 at 7:32 pm

Uh....NO

1. Hurricanes DON'T cause a cultural shift.

2. North Korea has threatened to strike the U.S. for decades.

3. Trump is just a plain idiot.

Subject: Re: Is all these hurricanes,trump,and war talk the beginning signs of early 20s

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/06/17 at 7:42 pm

Umm.. I don't want to sound rude, but how are hurricanes going to be signs of a new culture? XD. If that's the case then the next decade is clearly screwed  ;D

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/06/17 at 7:47 pm

The main causes for cultural shifts tend to be new presidents and/or cultural backlashes. Trump being president hasn't caused much of a cultural change, however, he's only be in office for a few months. The same few months where people are now saying that 2017 may be the last full 2010s cultural year. Who knows if Trump's continued presence will be one of the factors to the 2010s changing. But with all this I swear it feels like people don't take Trump seriously which is why I also don't think he'll be the cause of a cultural shift.

Hurricanes don't cause shifts. We've been having them for decades and I don't remember anyone making any connection to cultural shifts being from natural disasters. And as for North Korea....eh...it's not much different from what has been happening for decades at this point. More of a boy who cried wolf sort of thing now.

Cultural backlash I'm sure a lot of people are getting sick of the trends this decade has offered an will push for something new. It's been like this for decades. If the 2020s doesn't feature a 2010s backlash then I'll give up on pop culture. Also speaking of Trump I'm not sure if he'll get a second term. His term ends on 2021. Maybe his leave from office with someone more competent may also cause change. 2021 is also the year some say that we'll fully enter 20's culture anyway sooooo there's that.

Subject: Is all these hurricanes,trump,and war talk the beginning signs of early 20s

Written By: Dude111 on 09/06/17 at 7:56 pm

Uh....NO

1. Hurricanes DON'T cause a cultural shift.

2. North Korea has threatened to strike the U.S. for decades.

3. Trump is just a plain idiot.

Number 3 is the loudest statement on your reply mate!!!!

Written By: Howard on 09/07/17 at 7:24 am

Umm.. I don't want to sound rude, but how are hurricanes going to be signs of a new culture? XD. If that's the case then the next decade is clearly screwed  ;D

that is just stupid, a hurricane does not cause a cultural shift.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/17 at 7:27 am

Donald Trump is not the cause the current hurricane that is causing widespread destruction across the Caribbean, it a natural phenomena.

Written By: 2001 on 09/07/17 at 8:35 am

Donald Trump is not the cause the current hurricane that is causing widespread destruction across the Caribbean, it a natural phenomena.

Wait, so it's not a government conspiracy made to force us to go grocery shopping?

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/07/17 at 9:35 am

Not so much the hurricanes,but more like is the current state of the government a shifting sign with all the money they have to spend on these hurricanes.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/07/17 at 10:27 am

We can't be sure when the early '20s will begin culturally until we know the outcome of the 2020 election. After the election, if Trump loses, he will no longer be President by January 2021 and will be seen as late '10s cultural artifact. With that scenario, the 2020 election would likely be seen as the start of the early '20s culturally.

That's not to mention the other cultural changes that will probably happen around 2020.

Check for new replies or respond here...