inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is it me or Artists have become Bland Today

Written By: chrissy2000 on 09/07/17 at 10:24 am

I was just Wondering because back before 2013 Artists were more Happy and fun...What happened? The Billboard 2017 looks miserable compared to 2011 Billboard hits.

Subject: Re: Is it me or Artists have become Bland Today

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/07/17 at 11:01 am

I'm won't speak for the likes of artists that debuted in this generation but, seeing veterans like 50 Cent, Lil Wayne and Ludacris released new singles feels so forced. Their definitely not into it anymore.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/07/17 at 2:43 pm

It's just you. I personally like today's music. Whether or not you think today's music is bland depends entirely on what kind of music you like. Some people may like it, whereas others like yourself do not. I personally think 2017 has really great and catchy songs.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/07/17 at 3:11 pm

I wouldn't call Taylor Swift's newest video bland, but then again, it's all opinion in the end.

Written By: wixness on 09/07/17 at 4:59 pm

I think so because people are trying to come across as "classy" and "professional", compared to the more emotional and childish nature of the 2000s. I saw it since guys started wearing their hair short from around 2013. One of the songs I think that started it was with Avicii's music. It sounds awfully bland for something that should be lively. I think they wanted to make it "chill" and "classy" or something. I think the hipster took over. There's music from the previous decade that doesn't sound as bland in my opinion.

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/07/17 at 6:06 pm

Yeah music is bland in the 2012-2017 era by a lot.

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/08/17 at 7:06 pm

Nah music has been bland since 2011.

Written By: temaichi on 09/08/17 at 8:14 pm

I hate this depressing decade but this year is an amazing year for music so far. Atleast the best year of the 2010s since 2013! (music)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 09/08/17 at 8:30 pm

*Tiff peruses topic while listening to Michael Jackson and other major artists of the 80s*

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/08/17 at 8:50 pm

To the contrary, I think much of the music from '08 to '12 was the half that was uninspired. I think 2010s music really came into its own around 2013: Chocolate by The 1975, Downtown by Macklemore, Uptown Funk, Stressed Out, Chandelier...I like it quite a bit more than early Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.

Check for new replies or respond here...