inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What if there is no change in 2018

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/07/17 at 6:08 pm

I'm wondering because would that mean 2019 would be change or would we have to wait till like 2021 with the same culture It would really be long in the tooth then.

Subject: Re: What if there is no change in 2018

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/07/17 at 6:33 pm

If 2018 doesn't have change then I'm just gonna take a break from pop culture until the eventual shift happens. Although while I can't predict the future I really can't see 2010's trends staying for too long. 2018 will have some 10's vibe to it, but I don't see it passing late 2018-2020.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/07/17 at 7:27 pm

Really, what can you do?

I like that your bringing liveliness to this site but there isn't really a point to this topic.

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/07/17 at 7:29 pm

Really, what can you do?

I like that your bringing liveliness to this site but there isn't really a point to this topic.

Spyro, does have a point. Some of these questions could have been asked in some of your other threads. But hey I do welcome the activity you're bringing. Keeps me interested enough to post.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/07/17 at 8:29 pm

Really, what can you do?

I agree with this.

Spyro, does have a point. Some of these questions could have been asked in some of your other threads. But hey I do welcome the activity you're bringing. Keeps me interested enough to post.

I agree.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/07/17 at 9:20 pm

All we can do is wait and see. It's kind of hard right now to say if there are any signs of early 2020's culture because we don't even know how it'll turn out yet.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/07/17 at 9:59 pm

All we can do is wait and see. It's kind of hard right now to say if there are any signs of early 2020's culture because we don't even know how it'll turn out yet.

This is true.  A lot of times cultural shifts are easier to see after the fact than during them.  For instance, in early 2013 I didn't expect as much change that year as occurred.  I liked the status quo in late 2012 and wanted it to stick around for a bit longer.  It could have as well.  When you think about it, the electropop era wasn't very long considering how impactful it was.  It lasted roughly late 2008 through early 2013 with 2009-2012 being the core years.  I would say it had about the same kind of run as disco did.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/08/17 at 2:33 pm

What do you mean what if there is no change?  ??? You should expect no change to be honest... What exactly is there to do? Just move on and focus on your life lol

Written By: Howard on 09/08/17 at 3:57 pm

Really, what can you do?

I know, it doesn't make sense. ::)

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/08/17 at 6:50 pm

Then I will time travel back to the 00's and remain there.

Check for new replies or respond here...