inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hilarious Predictions for the year 2010 made on NYE 2009.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/10/17 at 3:51 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxb7PM2VKVk

I found this news report from NYE 2009, in which a few psychics make their predictions for the year 2010. Watch from 11:29 onwards. Here are some of the predictions:

* Someone will attempt to assassinate Barack Obama, but he survives.
* Queen Elizabeth II will step down at some point during the year.
* There will be an "atomic blast", possibly meaning that there would be a nuclear strike.
* Rumors could surface that Elton John will have health problems, but it will be "something else entirely".
* "Dark clouds" around Susan Boyle, meaning that he she could retire from the spotlight.

The predictions were absolutely awful and even far-fetched for the time. They were able to correctly predict two things though. Jessica Simpson did successfully sail around the world and Tony Abbott wasn't the leader of the Liberal party.

Subject: Re: Hilarious Predictions for the year 2010 made on NYE 2009.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/10/17 at 3:58 am

LOL, yup they were so close ;D

Anyway, I rmemeber NYE 2009 very clearly and I was thinking how we were entering a new decade, which I thought was really cool. But for some reason I remember being pissed off that there wouldn't be two zeroes in the year anymore and instead there would be a one, idk why lol :)

Written By: bchris02 on 09/17/17 at 10:03 pm

LOL, yup they were so close ;D

Anyway, I rmemeber NYE 2009 very clearly and I was thinking how we were entering a new decade, which I thought was really cool. But for some reason I remember being pissed off that there wouldn't be two zeroes in the year anymore and instead there would be a one, idk why lol :)

Probably because those funny glasses that everybody wore during the '00s no longer work quite as well.

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/New-Years-Glasses-2002.jpg

But yeah, I remember 2009 going into 2010 like it was almost yesterday.  I will say that despite that overall era being a great time in my life, the first couple of months of 2010 weren't very good for me.  I was dating a guy at the time who I wasn't really clicking with and had a lot of heated fights with my parents during those months.

By April though, things were golden.  It was kind of the calm before the storm in my life.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/17 at 2:52 am

Probably because those funny glasses that everybody wore during the '00s no longer work quite as well.

http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/New-Years-Glasses-2002.jpg

But yeah, I remember 2009 going into 2010 like it was almost yesterday.  I will say that despite that overall era being a great time in my life, the first couple of months of 2010 weren't very good for me.  I was dating a guy at the time who I wasn't really clicking with and had a lot of heated fights with my parents during those months.

By April though, things were golden.  It was kind of the calm before the storm in my life.
I predict that hose glasses will silly look silly!

Check for new replies or respond here...