inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you think the next pop culture shift will be very futuristic and standout

Written By: questoftheninja@gmail.com on 09/12/17 at 7:20 am

Will the next shift in pop culture be going in the direction of very futuristic style stuff for 2020 like how 2000 was but this time more modern.will it feel very futuristic along the lines of how the future resembles in movies.Not exactly like completely futuristic,but will it start to show more in the next shift.

Subject: Re: Do you think the next pop culture shift will be very futuristic and standout

Written By: wixness on 09/12/17 at 8:16 am

Hopefully so. On the other hand, some people might want to bring the past back owing to the more socially conservative attitudes as of this part of the decade.

Subject: Re: Do you think the next pop culture shift will be very futuristic and standout

Written By: 80sfan on 09/12/17 at 8:35 am

Will the next shift in pop culture be going in the direction of very futuristic style stuff for 2020 like how 2000 was but this time more modern.will it feel very futuristic along the lines of how the future resembles in movies.Not exactly like completely futuristic,but will it start to show more in the next shift.

So futuristic, but not 'Jetsons' futuristic. Gotcha!  8)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/12/17 at 10:56 am

Depends on what you mean by "futuristic". If you mean like flying cars and jet packs then I say no, because that is the future of the past.

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/12/17 at 11:03 am

I don't think so. We're in a place right now of either sharp social conservatism (a.k.a backward-looking escapism all up in this shiznit) or a great deal of pessimism about the future for the same reason. I expect to see post-apocalyptic YA fiction to continue. Or, I guess if a futuristic aesthetic does come back, I would guess it'd be in the form of cyberpunk.

Written By: wixness on 09/12/17 at 11:29 am

I don't think so. We're in a place right now of either sharp social conservatism (a.k.a backward-looking escapism all up in this shiznit) or a great deal of pessimism about the future for the same reason. I expect to see post-apocalyptic YA fiction to continue. Or, I guess if a futuristic aesthetic does come back, I would guess it'd be in the form of cyberpunk.

Yup, or something like in those post-apocalyptic films and games like Mad Max or the game RAGE.

Check for new replies or respond here...