inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Love 2017! (Yes. I said it)

Written By: temaichi on 09/15/17 at 11:26 am

I was wrong about the year 2017... :-X

I have been complaning and haiting on growing up as a teenager in the 2010s. The last decent year was 2011.
But 2017 has actually been a fantastic year so far! I'm not kidding you. This year feels like the 2000s where new stuff were mixed with old. Toys like fidget spinners were a good highlight for the young people instead of playing with electronics. Alot of new musicans has debuted with amazing music if you have discovered good enough & if you don't agree i will proudly share some videoes down in this thread if needed. Alot of great movie titles and TV shows came out this year. When it comes to video games there will be alot of good stuff released this fall! I can't wait to get my hands on them! Not only that but the horrible events including the terror attacks and the hurricane stuff that has happend this year has showed us that if we work hard and show love together we can accomplish great things. I've been enjoying the radio alot recently which i never thought i would say but seriously. 2017 aint that bad, guys! In fact if the last few years of this decade keeps up with this i will actually miss the early and late stuff of the 2010s. But mid 2010s was horrible and i can write a book about how much i hate the year 2016 because that was the worst year of my whole life and many others. Let me know what you guys think of the positive changes in 2017!  :D :D

Subject: Re: I LOVE 2017!

Written By: John Titor on 09/15/17 at 11:30 am

I have been complaning and haiting on growing up as a teenager in the 2010s. The last decent year was 2011.
But 2017 has actually been a fantastic year so far! I'm not kidding you. This year feels like the 2000s where new stuff were mixed with old. Toys like fidget spinners were a good highlight for the young people instead of playing with electronics. Alot of new musicans has debuted with amazing music if you have discovered good enough & if you don't agree i will proudly share some videoes down in this thread if needed. Alot of great movie titles and TV shows came out this year. When it comes to video games there will be alot of good stuff released this fall! I can't wait to get my hands on them! Not only that but the horrible events including the terror attacks and the hurricane stuff that has happend this year has showed us that if we work hard and show love together we can accomplish great things. I've been ennjoying the radio alot recently which i never thought i would say but seriously. 2017 aint that bad, guys! In fact if the last few years of this decade keeps up with this i will actually miss the early and late stuff of the 2010s. But mid 2010s was horrible and i can write a book about how much i hate the year 2016 because that was the worst year of my whole life and many others. Let me know what you guys think of the positive changes in 2017!  :D :D

don't forget TRL!

Written By: temaichi on 09/15/17 at 11:35 am

don't forget TRL!

Why would i? I'm happy it is back! This year is actually awesome!!
http://weknowthedj.com/2017/08/not-tbt-trl-back/

Written By: violet_shy on 09/15/17 at 12:47 pm

Not meaning to sound like a cornball here lol, but you must enjoy your time. If you focus too much on past decades being so young it will come back to get to you later. Then one day you won't be a teen anymore and you'll wonder what the 2000s were really like, or the 2010s or whatever.

Thankfully I enjoyed my teen years in the 1990s! So, I know how you feel.

Written By: wixness on 09/15/17 at 1:10 pm

But 2017 has actually been a fantastic year so far! I'm not kidding you. This year feels like the 2000s where new stuff were mixed with old. Toys like fidget spinners were a good highlight for the young people instead of playing with electronics. Alot of new musicans has debuted with amazing music if you have discovered good enough & if you don't agree i will proudly share some videoes down in this thread if needed. Alot of great movie titles and TV shows came out this year. When it comes to video games there will be alot of good stuff released this fall! I can't wait to get my hands on them! Not only that but the horrible events including the terror attacks and the hurricane stuff that has happend this year has showed us that if we work hard and show love together we can accomplish great things. I've been enjoying the radio alot recently which i never thought i would say but seriously. 2017 aint that bad, guys! In fact if the last few years of this decade keeps up with this i will actually miss the early and late stuff of the 2010s. But mid 2010s was horrible and i can write a book about how much i hate the year 2016 because that was the worst year of my whole life and many others. Let me know what you guys think of the positive changes in 2017!  :D :D

I still don't like it. Social conservatism is "cool" again now that the US is led by Trump. You can see it with the alt-right and social conservatives practically taking over the internet to fight political correctness and cultural Marxism. Guys still aren't wearing their hair long like in the 2000s and rock and heavy metal are still practically unheard of in mainstream culture. The music has gotten better, but I still wouldn't get myself into it.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/15/17 at 1:17 pm

I wouldn't say that I love 2017 but 2017 has been a decent year for me so far. My personal life has been good and the music of this year is better than the music of 2016, IMO.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/15/17 at 1:22 pm

I still don't like it. Social conservatism is "cool" again now that the US is led by Trump. You can see it with the alt-right and social conservatives practically taking over the internet to fight political correctness and cultural Marxism. Guys still aren't wearing their hair long like in the 2000s and rock and heavy metal are still practically unheard of in mainstream culture. The music has gotten better, but I still wouldn't get myself into it.

In terms of "alt-right", there's sort of a divide.

One is closer to typical conservativism (Breitbart, Paul Joseph Watson, Ben Shapiro, etc), and the other is much more into "white identity" and white nationalism (Red Ice TV, Tara McCarthy, Daily Stormer, Kevin McDonald, etc).

The latter of the two is Alt-right.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/15/17 at 1:26 pm

One is closer to typical conservativism (Breitbart, Paul Joseph Watson, Ben Shapiro, etc), and the other is much more into "white identity" and white nationalism (Red Ice TV, Tara McCarthy, Daily Stormer, Kevin McDonald, etc).

The only ones I have heard of is Daily Stormer and Kevin McDonald. You guys seem to have in depth knowledge of the "Alt-Right". I have looked up some stuff about them but you guys go above and beyond, lol.

Why are you in particular so well versed on the Alt-Right?

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/15/17 at 2:48 pm

Not meaning to sound like a cornball here lol, but you must enjoy your time. If you focus too much on past decades being so young it will come back to get to you later. Then one day you won't be a teen anymore and you'll wonder what the 2000s were really like, or the 2010s or whatever.

I agree. I'm 15 and I personally love growing up in the 2010's as a teenager. It's sad when you hear other teenagers complaining about growing up in the 2010's. The 2010's has been a great decade for music and hip-hop in my opinion. Every decade has their ups and downs. Sometime in the late 2020's/ 2030's we will be talking about how great the 2010's were, much like how 90's kids or people who lived
through them talk about how great the 90's were. We need to live in the present time and realize that not everything will last forever.

Written By: wixness on 09/15/17 at 3:35 pm

Still cancer. He is opposed to globalism, feminism and cultural Marxism to the point of criticising modern architecture (which I feel is only justified because I don't like brutalist design from the 20th century, and I hate how common folk can't afford to live in glass towers). He's one of those people that want to take away what I love about the West by policing how people can express themselves because it's deemed "immoral" or "decadent". I love the West because I can be whoever I want to be.

Written By: temaichi on 09/15/17 at 4:24 pm

I already know what the 2000s were like but i can only remember the mid and late part of it. Which was the best time of my life as a kid. Then Technology took over in my teen years & it makes me miss certain things before that. 2010s however was only awesome until 2012. Then i started to realise that things were going reaally downhill. My personal life was still allright though. But this year has been different. I've never been so happy for a long time. 2017 has been a good year. You just have to stick with the "good" part of it. :)

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/15/17 at 8:30 pm

The only ones I have heard of is Daily Stormer and Kevin McDonald. You guys seem to have in depth knowledge of the "Alt-Right". I have looked up some stuff about them but you guys go above and beyond, lol.

Why are you in particular so well versed on the Alt-Right?

1. The news, online articles
2. YouTube comments/some videos
3. Back at high school, I had two other people talk about stuff like this, and they bring up some names in the alt-right and alt-lite.
4. Reddits, more specifically this one that I browse: https://www.reddit.com/r/F***thealtright/

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/15/17 at 8:33 pm

1. The news, online articles
2. YouTube comments/some videos
3. Back at high school, I had two other people talk about stuff like this, and they bring up some names in the alt-right.
4. Reddits, more specifically this one that I browse: https://www.reddit.com/r/F***thealtright/

OK, I see.

Now...WHY are you so interested in learning or reading up about the Alt-Right?

Written By: Slim95 on 09/15/17 at 10:48 pm

2017 totally sucks lol!!!!  >:(

Okay it wasn't bad for my personal life. But for pop culture and world events, it was a pretty bad year imo haha. EXCEPT for Game of Thrones season 7, that is the only bright spot of this year. Everyone I talked to hated this season and thought it was sloppy writing. I personally loved it and it was one of my favourites.

Written By: graciee on 09/15/17 at 10:54 pm

Yes I think 2017 is a good year. I started high school this year^^

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/15/17 at 11:13 pm

Yes I think 2017 is a good year. I started high school this year^^

That's awesome. I just graduated from high school this year. BTW, what is the date of your birth?

Also, I hope that you enjoy your time in high school :).

Written By: graciee on 09/15/17 at 11:17 pm

That's awesome. I just graduated from high school this year. BTW, what is the date of your birth?

Also, I hope that you enjoy your time in high school :).

Thank you^^ My birthdate is 14th July 2003

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/15/17 at 11:21 pm

That's cool. My birthday is 13th July 1999...I'm 4 years and 1 day older than you ;).

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/16/17 at 3:23 am

It's sad when you hear other teenagers complaining about growing up in the 2010's. The 2010's has been a great decade for music and hip-hop in my opinion.

The reason why a lot of teenagers don't like growing up in the 2010s, is because the overall standard of pop-culture and society is really depressing. We're living in a world where two genres (EDM and trap) are over-saturating the charts, Donald Trump is the President of the United States, terrorism is a constant threat, the possibility that we are about to enter into a nuclear war and individuality is something that is discouraged. The 2010s are supposed to be the "greatest" years of my life, but instead, it leaves me feeling disappointed and disgusted over how things are.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:27 am

The reason why a lot of teenagers don't like growing up in the 2010s, is because the overall standard of pop-culture and society is really depressing. We're living in a world where two genres (EDM and trap) are over-saturating the charts, Donald Trump is the President of the United States, terrorism is a constant threat, the possibility that we are about to enter into a nuclear war and individuality is something that is discouraged. The 2010s are supposed to be the "greatest" years of my life, but instead, it leaves me feeling disappointed and disgusted over how things are.

To be honest, the same thing can be said about previous decades like the 1980s or 1950s (except Trump being Prez :P).

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/16/17 at 3:31 am

To be honest, the same thing can be said about previous decades like the 1980s or 1950s.

True, but at least there were quite a few good things about the society and pop-culture of those times. Those decades offered something for everyone to enjoy. The only group of people who like this decade is everyone under the age of 16. :P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 3:31 am

Don't feel this way. Don't be disappointed about spending your teenage years in the 2010s, becasue remember being a teenager doesn't mean they're your best years of your life, any years can be. It's just how you live your life. Anyway, what I mean is don't be sad about the current state of pop culture but we should instead be optimistic about what's to comes, especially in the 2020s (hopefully they'll be great), and who cares becasue your 20s are the best time of your life ( that's just what I've been told about everyone older then me lol :) )

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:35 am

True, but at least there were quite a few good things about the society and pop-culture of those times. Those decades offered something for everyone to enjoy. The only group of people who like this decade is everyone under the age of 16. :P

Some people like the pop culture of the 2010s. It just comes down to one person's opinion vs another person's opinion.

Don't feel this way. Don't be disappointed about spending your teenage years in the 2010s, becasue remember being a teenager doesn't mean they're your best years of your life, any years can be. It's just how you live your life. Anyway, what I mean is don't be sad about the current state of pop culture but we should instead be optimistic about what's to comes, especially in the 2020s (hopefully they'll be great), and who cares becasue your 20s are the best time of your life ( that's just what I've been told about everyone older then me lol :) )

I can't wait to be in my 20s. I want them to go as slow as possible so I can enjoy those years to the FULLEST! :D.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/16/17 at 3:37 am

That's not true I'm 22 and I like this decade.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 3:39 am

I can't wait to be in my 20s. I want them to go as slow as possible so I can enjoy those years to the FULLEST! :D.

While I can definelty wait for my 20s (becasue I don't really want to leave my teenage years yet) , I completley I agree that it will be a great time in my life (hopefully) and yup  I want those years to go very slow aswell :)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/16/17 at 3:39 am

I hope the 2020s will be better. Although, i'm not counting on it being the case, because it seems as though popular culture has gradually declined since the Early 2000s and look at how this decade turned out. Hopefully i'm proven wrong and the 2020s will be a great decade. :)

Some people like the pop culture of the 2010s. It just comes down to one person's opinion vs another person's opinion.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek. I know that there are other people who like this decade. :)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 3:40 am

Same with me, and I'm 17.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 3:41 am

While I can definelty wait for my 20s (becasue I don't really want to leave my teenage years yet) , I completley I agree that it will be a great time in my life (hopefully) and yup  I want those years to go very slow aswell :)

OK, we mostly agree ;).

Written By: Slim95 on 09/16/17 at 4:05 am

I will put one of my favourite quotes made on this forum as it is pretty relevant to this thread as well as many other threads as well.  :)

Any year or decade is good when you are blessed with God's Gracious Gift of being alive.

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/16/17 at 6:13 am

Alot of new musicans has debuted with amazing music if you have discovered good enough & if you don't agree i will proudly share some videoes down in this thread if needed.

I don't believe you, I think I need some proof. :P

When it comes to video games there will be alot of good stuff released this fall! I can't wait to get my hands on them!

There have already been some truly amazing games this year. Have you ever heard of Hollow Knight?

Finally, to put in my two cents, the political situation has not been this bad in America for a long time. I mean like, "within living memory" long. Between real terror attacks instigated by white radicals, fake terror attacks invented by Trump to maintain his grip on his supporters, actual freakin' Nazis in our backyard, a corrupt legislature hamstringing the democratic process, the impending threat of nuclear war, a stock market out of control on overvalued prospects and overconfidence, and an entire portion of the country that disbelieves experts and practically lives in another reality...we are entering a very dark age indeed.

Welp, good thing we have excellent pop culture! ;D

Also I'm sorry for getting so political outside of the dedicated politics boards...as you can tell living in the age of Trump has been rather trying on me.

Written By: graciee on 09/16/17 at 9:31 am

I do not mind being a teenager in this decade. I think it is fun ^_^

Written By: temaichi on 09/16/17 at 12:34 pm

It makes me happy to see more and more early 2000s kids joining this forum! Welcome! ;D

Written By: Wobo on 09/16/17 at 1:38 pm

I will 14-15 during this decade so I might as well enjoy it! Maybe being a teenager in the 2020s (16-19) will be great to!

Written By: Slim95 on 09/16/17 at 1:44 pm

It makes me happy to see more and more early 2000s kids joining this forum! Welcome! ;D

July 2003 is mid 2000s. The early 2000s end in May 2003.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/16/17 at 1:56 pm

I like August until now!  ;D

I don't like January until July.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 09/16/17 at 2:00 pm

In terms of mainstream music, I prefered January to April and hated May to now.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 2:26 pm

Yes, I agree. It has definetly gotten better in the last few months!

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 2:27 pm

Yes but the overwhelming majority of people consider 2003 borns, early 2000s babies :P

Written By: temaichi on 09/16/17 at 4:16 pm

Hahaha. Whaaat?! I've never heard people say that before. Why does the month matter?! If it`s really true then great! Mid 2000s borns are joining this website and then there will be late 2000s turn for the next decade. :)

Written By: temaichi on 09/16/17 at 4:18 pm

I think mainstream music is actually better now because everything that been in the works for the artist early this year is finally being released this fall. Check the iTunes and Google Play store and there will be alot of upcoming albums on your way. I love the debuts the most this year. Very talented artists joining the scene. ::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 4:20 pm

2017 has been good so far for me. I hope that 2018 will be even better :D.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/16/17 at 4:21 pm

2017 has been an amazing year so far. Not just for me but for the music as well.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 4:21 pm

Hahaha. Whaaat?! I've never heard people say that before. Why does the month matter?! If it`s really true then great! Mid 2000s borns are joining this website and then there will be late 2000s turn for the next decade. :)

Yeah IKR. However he was talking in numerical terms, although no normal person is gonna turn around and be like exsqueezeme Heaux, your born in the mid 00's becasue you were born in May not April of '03

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 4:23 pm

2017 has been an amazing year so far. Not just for me but for the music as well.

Yeah, I agree. I think music this year has been decent...much better than last year.

Written By: Wobo on 09/16/17 at 4:57 pm

Same

Written By: Slim95 on 09/16/17 at 5:12 pm

It matters because it is fact... It's basic math... Anything after April 2003 is not early 2000s, and that is a mathematical fact... So you were wrong about that. Unless you were seperating the decade into half, then there would be no mid 2000s and early 2000s would be until the end of 2004. So no she is not an early 2000s baby, she is a mid 2000s baby.

Why would you think 200 - 2003 is early 2000s? That doesn't make any sense. Why would the early 2000s have an extra year while mid and late only have 3 years? 2000 - 2003 is 4 years. So the early 2000s last up to April 2003. What do you mean you've never heard someone say that? Just do a quick caluclation and you'll see the early 2000s last until April 2003 and it is basic math.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/16/17 at 5:14 pm

Yeah IKR. However he was talking in numerical terms, although no normal person is gonna turn around and be like exsqueezeme Heaux, your born in the mid 00's becasue you were born in May not April of '03

The month the matters because 2003 is not a full early 2000s year... It end in April and that is a fact.

Subject: Re: I Love 2017! (Yes. I said it)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/16/17 at 5:22 pm

It matters because it is fact... It's basic math... Anything after April 2003 is not early 2000s, and that is a mathematical fact... So you were wrong about that. Unless you were seperating the decade into half, then there would be no mid 2000s and early 2000s would be until the end of 2004. So no she is not an early 2000s baby, she is a mid 2000s baby.
it's only mathematical because some folks divide the decade into thirds. Some people go by the halves method. 

Written By: Slim95 on 09/16/17 at 5:24 pm

it's only mathematical because some folks divide the decade into thirds. Some people go by the halves method.

That is fair but I see most people using the thirds method on this forum.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 5:25 pm

Arguing about decade divisions....SMH >:(.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 5:27 pm

The month the matters because 2003 is not a full early 2000s year... It end in April and that is a fact.

Uh but I said that nearly everybody  (who doesn't go on inthe00s) would consider her an early 2000s baby, becasue they don't care/pay so much attention to divide years/decades equally. I will tell you right now that most normal people say 2000-2003:early, 2004-2006:mid, 2007-2009:late, and THAT is a fact

Written By: Slim95 on 09/16/17 at 5:29 pm

Uh but I said that nearly everybody  (who doesn't go on inthe00s) would consider her an early 2000s baby, becasue they don't care/pay so much attention to divide years/decades equally. I will tell you right now that most normal people say 2000-2003:early, 2004-2006:mid, 2007-2009:late, and THAT is a fact

No that is not a fact. Most normal people? Why the heck would normal people make early 2000s have 4 years and the rest of the earas only 3 years? That doesn't make sense, and that isn't normal, and it is NOT a fact. Do you even understand what you said? You literally just claimed the early 2000s has 4 years and mid and late only have 3 years... How is that normal? What world do you live in where that would be normal? I think it is only normal to YOU because you are using decadology to justify your opinion of the early 2000s being 2000-2003, and decadology isn't allowed here FYI.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 5:38 pm

No that is not a fact. Most normal people? Why the heck would normal people make early 2000s have 4 years and the rest of the earas only 3 years? That doesn't make sense, and that isn't normal, and it is NOT a fact. Do you even understand what you said? You literally just claimed the early 2000s has 4 years and mid and late only have 3 years... How is that normal? What world do you live in where that would be normal? I think it is only normal to YOU because you are using decadology to justify your opinion of the early 2000s being 2000-2003, and decadology isn't allowed here FYI.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/41/4123dfef059ef694c71ef6c437c9c04f2a6b00e66159c4355837520ec6a92385.jpg

Written By: Slim95 on 09/16/17 at 5:43 pm

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/41/4123dfef059ef694c71ef6c437c9c04f2a6b00e66159c4355837520ec6a92385.jpg

I think you are if you think the early 2000s have 4 years and mid and late only have 3 years. That isn't equal and that doesn't make any sense. That is decadology, and most noromal people DON'T use that and they understand the early 2000s lasts until April 2003 or December 2004.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 5:47 pm

Stop arguing you guys and get back to the topic.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/16/17 at 5:50 pm

Stop arguing you guys and get back to the topic.

I know I'm being ridiculously petty but Slim95 started it ::)!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 6:01 pm

I know I'm being ridiculously petty but Slim95 started it ::)!

I don't care who started it...
http://funnyand.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Idontcarewhostartedit_20140315jpg

Written By: Fearsword on 09/16/17 at 7:03 pm

2017 is hit and miss for me

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 7:05 pm

2017 is hit and miss for me

Happy birthday! :)

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/17/17 at 1:48 pm

It's been a good year for video games, I can tell you that.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/17/17 at 2:26 pm

It's been a good year for video games, I can tell you that.

I co-sign with this 100%.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/17/17 at 2:43 pm

2010- Sorry, it wasn't my favorite year in music. I prefer 2013.
2014- Just bland and boring.
2016- Cliche and oversimplistic music!
First half or 2/3 of 2017- Bland, or stale.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/17/17 at 4:18 pm

OK, I see.

Now...WHY are you so interested in learning or reading up about the Alt-Right?

I've in fact heard of the Alt-right since 2014. I believe that the Elliot Rodger rampage really started the whole alt-right movement, especially the "angry white male" part of it. Apparently, in Rodger's manifesto, he consistently talked about how he was an "angry incel" was how he was highly against interracial marriage/couples (both of which are strong fundamental ideas of the alt-right). Gamergate later in the year also was a catalyst to the movement, in which people (likely from 4chan and/or Return of Kings) were attacking females who made and wrote about video games (Brianna Wu, Antia Sarkeesian, Zoe Quinn, Jenn Frank, and many others were some of the targets in the Gamergate incident). Also happening in the first month of Gamergate was the Michael Brown incident, in which Michael Brown was gunned down by police and shot about six times. Ultimately, the Michael Brown incident would make Black Lives Matter gain a lot of power, and at the same time, some people were questioning about the whole movement. I started to see the whole Alt-Right movement grow even more throughout 2015 with the Charleston Shooting, where then-21-year-old Dylann Roof killed nine people at an all-black church. The incident made people question about whether banning the Confederate flag was a right decision or not, and this got a lot of people angry (many people were trying to sell theirs online and even at stores).

Throughout 2016 and the first half of 2017, like what I said before, I had those two friends who talked about the whole movement, conservativism, gun rights, and capitalism with me.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/17/17 at 5:31 pm

I've in fact heard of the Alt-right since 2014. I believe that the Elliot Rodger rampage really started the whole alt-right movement, especially the "angry white male" part of it. Apparently, in Rodger's manifesto, he consistently talked about how he was an "angry incel" was how he was highly against interracial marriage/couples (both of which are strong fundamental ideas of the alt-right). Gamergate later in the year also was a catalyst to the movement, in which people (likely from 4chan and/or Return of Kings) were attacking females who made and wrote about video games (Brianna Wu, Antia Sarkeesian, Zoe Quinn, Jenn Frank, and many others were some of the targets in the Gamergate incident). Also happening in the first month of Gamergate was the Michael Brown incident, in which Michael Brown was gunned down by police and shot about six times. Ultimately, the Michael Brown incident would make Black Lives Matter gain a lot of power, and at the same time, some people were questioning about the whole movement. I started to see the whole Alt-Right movement grow even more throughout 2015 with the Charleston Shooting, where then-21-year-old Dylann Roof killed nine people at an all-black church. The incident made people question about whether banning the Confederate flag was a right decision or not, and this got a lot of people angry (many people were trying to sell theirs online and even at stores).

Throughout 2016 and the first half of 2017, like what I said before, I had those two friends who talked about the whole movement, conservativism, gun rights, and capitalism with me.

So you are interested in it because of your friends or just social and political events?

Also, you and your friends are conservatives right? Are any of them Alt-Right?

Written By: temaichi on 09/17/17 at 6:44 pm

Dude. I`m sorry but who the hell cares?! As long as you know what i meant it wouldn`t matter. Again; let`s say that you have a true statement. That`s good! That means that mid-2000s borns are joining the forum! Stop crying about a simple thing. End of that.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/17/17 at 6:53 pm

Dude. I`m sorry but who the hell cares?! As long as you know what i meant it wouldn`t matter. Again; let`s say that you have a true statement. That`s good! That means that mid-2000s borns are joining the forum! Stop crying about a simple thing. End of that.

Regardless of whether May 2003 was the start of the mid '00s or not...we already had a mid '00s born on here (Wobo). Wobo was born in 2004 :).

Written By: temaichi on 09/17/17 at 8:13 pm

Regardless of whether May 2003 was the start of the mid '00s or not...we already had a mid '00s born on here (Wobo). Wobo was born in 2004 :).

2004 you say?! Very interesting...
I don`t think alot of people on his age goes to forums. :o

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/17/17 at 8:18 pm

2004 you say?! Very interesting...
I don`t think alot of people on his age goes to forums. :o

It's strange that all these '03 &'04 borns are joining  considering that me and you born in 2000 only joined this year aswell and there's no one born in 2001 on here ???

Written By: 2001 on 09/17/17 at 8:35 pm

2017 is one of the best years of all time for video games, movies and TV shows. It's been a solid year for pop culture.

The only place where it's a bit lacking imo is technology. Bezel-less phones are cool, but the novelty wears off very quickly.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/17/17 at 8:36 pm

2017 is one of the best years of all time for video games, movies and TV shows. It's been a solid year for pop culture.

2017 sucks lol

Written By: 2001 on 09/17/17 at 8:38 pm

2017 sucks lol

Maybe for music, haha.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/17/17 at 8:42 pm

Maybe for music, haha.

Everything sucks this year.  8-P

Written By: 80sfan on 09/17/17 at 8:55 pm

I saw the movie It. It was great. But it's a based on a book from 1986!  :P  :P  :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/17/17 at 8:57 pm

The only place where it's a bit lacking imo is technology. Bezel-less phones are cool, but the novelty wears off very quickly.

I agree with you 100%.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/17/17 at 9:13 pm

It's strange that all these '03 &'04 borns are joining  considering that me and you born in 2000 only joined this year aswell and there's no one born in 2001 on here ???

It's even more weird because finding a 00s baby on here only about 2 years ago was rare. And even if you did it would most likely be someone born in 2000. Now you've got people born in the mid 2000's participating in the forums, which wasn't the case back in 2015

Written By: Slim95 on 09/17/17 at 9:29 pm

Yes bezelless phones are cool but next year Samsung will release the Galaxy X, which will have a foldable display. That's what they say at least. But everything else sucks this year.  8-P

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/17/17 at 9:53 pm

So you are interested in it because of your friends or just social and political events?

Also, you and your friends are conservatives right? Are any of them Alt-Right?

Sort of both in a way. I still read and watch stuff about some social and political events, but now that I am away from them, it's sort of hard to talk about issues going on anymore.

They are mostly just conservative right, even myself. No one is alt-right, and I believe that the Alt-Right's ideologies are closer to the KKK than actual conservatism.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/17/17 at 10:10 pm

Continuing on with my post:

*Alt-right usually is third position (against both capitalism and communism)
*Alt-right is anti-Semitic at the core (it is kind of funny how some people portray Milo Yiannopolous as the face of the movement, yet a lot of people who are actually in the movement believe that he doesn't deserve to live because of having Jewish ancestry; not to mention, the two people I talk to and myself are all pro-Israel)
*Alt-right is significantly more about white identity than the nation's culture (like for example, a Polish guy in the alt-right believes that being white is more important to being Polish than following the culture of Poland)
*Alt-right is usually pro-choice, not pro-life.
*Alt-right is actually authoritarian and alt-right people are almost always collectivists.
*Alt-right cares too much about stuff beyond your control (most specifically, race and ancestry)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/17/17 at 10:17 pm

Yes bezelless phones are cool but next year Samsung will release the Galaxy X, which will have a foldable display. That's what they say at least. But everything else sucks this year.  8-P

That's just a "hook gimmick" (that's what I call it) that Samsung's trying to play. Foldable phones in a year? Not possible and I wouldn't want a foldable phone anyways.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/17/17 at 10:18 pm

Sort of both in a way. I still read and watch stuff about some social and political events, but now that I am away from them, it's sort of hard to talk about issues going on anymore.

They are mostly just conservative right, even myself. No one is alt-right, and I believe that the Alt-Right's ideologies are closer to the KKK than actual conservatism.

OK, thanks for explaining.

Continuing on with my post:

*Alt-right usually is third position (against both capitalism and communism)
*Alt-right is anti-Semitic at the core (it is kind of funny how they portray Milo Yiannopolous as the face of the movement, yet a lot of people who are actually in the movement believe that he doesn't deserve to live because of having Jewish ancestry; not to mention, the two people I talk to and myself are all pro-Israel)
*Alt-right is significantly more about white identity than the nation's culture (like for example, a Polish guy in the alt-right believes that being white is more important to being Polish than following the culture of Poland)
*Alt-right is usually pro-choice, not pro-life.
*Alt-right is actually authoritarian and alt-right people are almost always collectivist.
*Alt-right cares too much about stuff beyond your control (most specifically, race and ancestry)

Interesting to read. Thanks for informing me.

Written By: Howard on 09/18/17 at 5:21 am

2017 sucks lol

It's also been a sucky year for people in the news.

Written By: temaichi on 09/18/17 at 2:01 pm

Trueeeeeee! I`m gonna have to introduce this forum to some 01`ers. ;)

Written By: temaichi on 09/18/17 at 2:06 pm

You`re speaking the truth! Technology is also changing my friend. Pay attention to smart phones like Samsung Galaxy S8 and the upcoming iPhone X. Cars are also being worked and prepeared for 2019 with the auto driver system. ::)

K4wEI5zhHB0

Check for new replies or respond here...