inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jamie Lee Curtis returning for Carpenter/Blumhouse Halloween

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/16/17 at 12:15 am

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jamie-lee-curtis-halloween-finale-set-2018-1202560418/

Well, kiddo. I thought you outgrew superstition?

She came home.

Last year, it was announced that Blumhouse was developing a "reset button" Halloween movie with executive producer and creative consultant John Carpenter returning for the first time since Halloween III. Now, Jamie Lee Curtis is returning to the role that made her famous. October 19, 2018 release date has been confirmed. Distributed by Universal, for the first time since Halloween II and III.

This is so exciting. Carpenter, Curtis, the classic Shape, and an October release date. A horror fan's wet dream.

Subject: Re: Jamie Lee Curtis returning for Carpenter/Blumhouse Halloween

Written By: 80sfan on 09/16/17 at 12:22 am

I'm a huge fan! I've seen all 10 of the films. The 11th sounds good!  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 1:51 am

YES! I'm glad that this is happening and I can't wait to see this "Halloween" reboot 40 years later.

JLC rocks! 8)

Written By: 80sfan on 09/16/17 at 1:57 am

YES! I'm glad that this is happening and I can't wait to see this "Halloween" reboot 40 years later.

JLC rocks! 8)

Have you seen the original Halloween (1978)? And H2O??

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 2:16 am

Have you seen the original Halloween (1978)? And H2O??

I have most definitely seen the original Halloween (1978)...it's a classic.

I haven't seen Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998). However, I most certainly can watch it someday...I heard that it has mixed reviews though.

Subject: Jamie Lee Curtis returning for Carpenter/Blumhouse Halloween

Written By: Dude111 on 09/16/17 at 4:27 pm

It  will probably be crap as ppl do not have thier minds anymore,they cant think,etc...

THEY ALL FOLLOW THE SAME THING AND ITS SICKENING!!!

Written By: 80sfan on 09/16/17 at 8:38 pm

I have most definitely seen the original Halloween (1978)...it's a classic.

I haven't seen Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998). However, I most certainly can watch it someday...I heard that it has mixed reviews though.

It was always going to be hard for Halloween to have another film that's better than the original. The first film was 'perfect' and kick-started the slasher series' popularity in the 1980's. Also, the horror genre has a hard time replicating an original film's quality.  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 8:51 pm

It was always going to be hard for Halloween to have another film that's better than the original. The first film was 'perfect' and kick-started the slasher series' popularity in the 1980's. Also, the horror genre has a hard time replicating an original film's quality.  ;D

I definitely agree with you.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 8:54 pm

Here is the picture that JLC tweeted out:

https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/jamie%20lee%20curtis%20halloween%202018%20main%20%28Custom%29.jpg

2018 can't come soon enough :D.

Written By: Mat1991 on 09/16/17 at 10:24 pm

It will be really interesting to see what they do with this, considering Laurie was supposed to have died in the last movie of the original series. I wonder what a "reset" series with a middle-age Laurie will be like...  ::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/16/17 at 11:17 pm

It will be really interesting to see what they do with this, considering Laurie was supposed to have died in the last movie of the original series. I wonder what a "reset" series with a middle-age Laurie will be like...  ::)

This is supposed to be the final Halloween movie...and the events of Resurrection don't matter. Halloween (2018) is both a sequel and reboot. It's a sequel to Halloween II (1981) and a reboot of the entire franchise (just completely forget all the Halloween films made after 1981's Halloween II).

It's a weird and tricky thing that they're doing but hey...Jamie Lee Curtis (aka Laurie) is back! :D

Written By: Mat1991 on 09/17/17 at 2:15 pm

This is supposed to be the final Halloween movie...and the events of Resurrection don't matter. Halloween (2018) is both a sequel and reboot. It's a sequel to Halloween II (1981) and a reboot of the entire franchise (just completely forget all the Halloween films made after 1981's Halloween II).

It's a weird and tricky thing that they're doing but hey...Jamie Lee Curtis (aka Laurie) is back! :D

I suppose they can just retcon the hell out of the whole series. No biggie.  :D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/17/17 at 2:29 pm

I suppose they can just retcon the hell out of the whole series. No biggie.  :D

Yep.

Check for new replies or respond here...