inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When will a new type of entertainment come in?

Written By: omri97 on 09/27/17 at 12:48 pm

Honestly I'm not really a big fan of this whole dark trends in movies,music,and tv,well it was okay when it first started popping up in 2010-2012,but it definitely is starting to drag and wonder when tv and movies will become more upbeat,relatable and easier to watch again like in the 90s and 00s with music too I wonder when music will recapture a feel again.(Thanks) :)

Subject: Re: When will a new type of entertainment come in?

Written By: Bab2781 on 09/27/17 at 1:26 pm

It will never be the same as it was.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/27/17 at 4:51 pm

The 'dark and edgy' trend can come off pretentious, if done badly. I do agree with this.

Writers for scripts and books that can make 'edgy' and 'dark' natural, and good, and especially not 'try hard', are
hard to come by.

A good example of bad dark and edgy is American Horror Story. Great premises, but horrible delivery, in my opinion.

Written By: Charmed17 on 09/27/17 at 5:21 pm

Yeah if the dark tone is done right it can be fantastic,but there are lot of shows now are either overdoing the dark tone or it's not being done horrible wrong.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/29/17 at 9:19 pm

I'm not sure. I was hoping next year we will see new trends but given how slow things have been I don't even know for sure. I hope it's soon.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/01/17 at 10:50 am

I hope next year. I'm tired of the horrendous, unbalanced and divisive culture we're currently in.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/01/17 at 11:41 pm

I hope next year. I'm tired of the horrendous, unbalanced and divisive culture we're currently in.

Maybe things will stop being divisive when people start solving problems instead of walking blindly past them.  8)

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/01/17 at 11:42 pm

Honestly I'm not really a big fan of this whole dark trends in movies,music,and tv,well it was okay when it first started popping up in 2010-2012,but it definitely is starting to drag and wonder when tv and movies will become more upbeat,relatable and easier to watch again like in the 90s and 00s with music too I wonder when music will recapture a feel again.(Thanks) :)

Or maybe you're not a kid anymore and nothing will ever be the same now.  8)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/02/17 at 1:13 am

Maybe things will stop being divisive when people start solving problems instead of walking blindly past them.  8)
Aren't people doing that right now?

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/02/17 at 5:30 am

The next form of entertainment will be all surrounding. No screens or goggles. You'll be immersed in a hologram, and be able to watch the action in 3-D, walking amongst the actors. A little later when computer power gets a little better, the actors (who of course will be CGI generated) will respond back to you.

Even the popcorn will be holographic so you can eat all you want without having to worry about the calories.

Check for new replies or respond here...