inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lynda Carter tells James Cameron: 'Stop dissing' Wonder Woman

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/17 at 2:44 pm

Lynda Carter, who played Wonder Woman in the 1970s, has hit back at Avatar director James Cameron's criticism of the recent hit movie reboot. The actress told him to stop his "thuggish jabs" at the new film, which stars Israeli actress Gal Gadot. Cameron has repeatedly described it as a "step backwards" in the portrayal of strong female characters. He told Hollywood Reporter that Gadot's character was "drop-dead gorgeous... to me that's not breaking ground". It followed his saying in August that Wonder Woman was "an objectified icon". The film's director Patty Jenkins hit back then, saying "there is no right or wrong kind of powerful woman".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41441018

Subject: Re: Lynda Carter tells James Cameron: 'Stop dissing' Wonder Woman

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/29/17 at 8:51 pm

I'd like to see Mr. Cameron produce a remake of Lynda's signature flick, "Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw".

Subject: Re: Lynda Carter tells James Cameron: 'Stop dissing' Wonder Woman

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/17 at 1:06 am

I'd like to see Mr. Cameron produce a remake of Lynda's signature flick, "Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw".
will this be a prefect challenge for him?

Check for new replies or respond here...