inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What year will most likely be seen as the last real 10s year

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/03/17 at 6:38 am

Since this decade is closing soon I would like to see what year you guys think will end up being the final real or core 10s year :P(it's only a guess)

Subject: Re: What year will most likely be seen as the last real 10s year

Written By: #Infinity on 10/03/17 at 9:20 am

Most likely 2020, since it will hopefully be the last year we have to put up with Trump as President of the United States. As for everything else, it's really pretty ridiculous to make premature guesses when, to quote Ellie Goulding, anything could happen.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/03/17 at 10:25 am

It’s hard to answer this question because we still don’t know how different the 2020’s will be from the 2010’s. if I had to make a prediction, I would probably go with 2016 and 2017 as being the last real 10s years. But I could be completely wrong. We’re just going to have to wait and see.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/03/17 at 10:33 am

If I had to guess, 2016, or 2017! But it's a shot in the dark.

Written By: Escondudo on 10/03/17 at 11:10 am

The late 2010s started with Trump's election. The 2020s will start when we have Democratic president and Congress, augmented reality (AR) glasses are common, and virtual reality headsets are lighter, more transportable, and inexpensive.

Written By: LooseBolt on 10/03/17 at 11:40 am

The late 2010s started with Trump's election. The 2020s will start when we have Democratic president and Congress, augmented reality (AR) glasses are common, and virtual reality headsets are lighter, more transportable, and inexpensive.

I don't mean to sound like a pessimist or anything, but that sounds more like "if" to me.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/03/17 at 1:16 pm

Considering that we don’t know what the 2020s will look like, and therefore can’t differentiate, this question is impossible to answer.

Written By: John Titor on 10/03/17 at 1:22 pm

2016 is the last real 2010s year

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/03/17 at 1:43 pm

2016 is the last real 2010s year

And who decided that besides yourself?

This comment is just one among many that leave me perplexed about this site.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/03/17 at 1:52 pm

I don't know. 2017 feels very 2010s still. It may not be 100% but I do still think we are in the core part of the 2010s and 2017 will be looked back as a classic 2010s year. So probably 2017 but we won't know until later.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/03/17 at 4:56 pm

Seriously, is that the only thing you ever talk about now? For crying out loud, if you're that frustrated by this site (which it seems like you are), then don't visit it as often. Take another break, if need be. Either that, or just get used to it. It's like you're just trying to start trouble, by commenting on every single thing you don't like about other people's comments.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/03/17 at 5:07 pm

Seriously, is that the only thing you ever talk about now? For crying out loud, if you're that frustrated by this site (which it seems like you are), then don't visit it as often. Take another break, if need be. Either that, or just get used to it. It's like you're just trying to start trouble, by commenting on every single thing you don't like about other people's comments.

You seem to be more troubled than me.

Also, since you want to use my words then I will use yours. "you can't deny them the opportunity to share their views, as negative as they may be. That's just how life works." DEAL WITH IT!

Written By: John Titor on 10/03/17 at 5:09 pm

We entered a new Era when Trump became president, the tonal vibe of the decade changed

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/03/17 at 5:19 pm

Really? You "-1" because of a "personal attack"? What utter nonsense. You just didn't like the fact that I pointed out your hypocrisy. Just for giving me that "-1" I will RETURN THE FAVOR!.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/03/17 at 5:20 pm

Really? You "-1" because of a "personal attack"? What utter nonsense. You just didn't like the fact that I pointed out your hypocrisy. Just for giving me that "-1" I will RETURN THE FAVOR!.

Yeah well, at least I don't resort to personal attacks when I give my opinion. Implying that someone is "troubled" is uncalled for.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/03/17 at 5:22 pm

Yeah will, at least I don't resort to personal attacks when I give my opinion. Implying that someone is "troubled" is uncalled for.

I did not called you troubled. I said that you seemed to be more troubled about this situation than me. It's an expression meaning that you seem to be more bothered or offended. Plus, I returned the favor...you're welcome.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/03/17 at 5:25 pm

I did not called you troubled. I said that seem seem to be more troubled about this situation than me. It's an expression meaning that you seem to be more bothered or offended. Plus, I returned the favor...you're welcome.

Well maybe you should have worded it a lot better. Saying that someone is "more troubled" generally won't go down well, regardless of the situation. If you want to continue whinging about every single little thing about this site, then you're not doing yourself any favours. Enjoy being a sook.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/03/17 at 5:29 pm

I did not called you troubled. I said that you seemed to be more troubled about this situation than me. It's an expression meaning that you seem to be more bothered or offended. Plus, I returned the favor...you're welcome.

You should be thankful that I even responded to your original comment, since no one else has (because other people don't care about your pathetic whinging).

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/03/17 at 5:31 pm

Damn, you guys are making this thread really interesting! ;D I'm getting the popcorn

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/03/17 at 5:31 pm

Well maybe you should have worded it a lot better. Saying that someone is "more troubled" generally won't go down well, regardless of the situation. If you want to continue whinging about every single little thing about this site, then you're not doing yourself any favours. Enjoy being a sook.

It's a common expression maybe it's not used in Australia but whatever. Also, I'm not whining but I like how you will attack me for 'whinging" but yet say NOTHING about the other users on this site that do NOTHING BUT whine.

Also, you called me a "sook"...which I looked up and it means a "timidly, cowardly person". You literally just personal attacked me and yet you were just complaining about me personally attacking you when I didn't. You're just a MASSIVE HYPOCRITE.

You should be thankful that I even responded to your original comment, since no one else has (because other people don't care about your whinging).

OH please. Also, in case you didn't see...John Titor himself responded to me. GOOD BYE!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/03/17 at 5:34 pm

Damn, you guys are making this thread really interesting! ;D I'm getting the popcorn

SharksFans99 is just a little rustled that I provided some constructive criticism about this site. Instead, he feels offended for other people and calls me a "sook".

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/03/17 at 5:38 pm

It's an common expression maybe it's not used in Australia but whatever. Also, I'm not whining but I like how you will attack me for 'whinging" but yet say NOTHING about the other users on this site that do NOTHING BUT whine.

Also, you called me a "sook"...which I looked up and it meaning a "timidly, cowardly person". You literally just personal attacked me and yet you were just complaining about me personally attacking you when I didn't. You're just a MASSIVE HYPOCRITE.
OH please. Also, in case you didn't see...John Titor himself responded to me. GOOD BYE!

Well maybe you should learn not to personally attackers others first, since i'm supposedly "more troubled". Seriously, how did you not think that I wouldn't be offended by that? I didn't even call you any names in my original post and I wouldn't have resulted in calling you a "sook", if otherwise. In fact, I was trying to offer you a solution, since you are so dissatisfied with this site. I suggested that taking another break might be worthwhile, not because I think you shouldn't post here anymore, but because you might enjoy this site a bit more if you did.

But no, you decided to be a massive jerk. Enjoy being a sook, you moron.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/03/17 at 5:40 pm

SharksFans99 is just a little rustled that I provided some constructive criticism about this site. Instead, he feels offended for other people and calls me a "sook".

It wasn't even constructive. It was just you whinging about being "perplexed" by this site.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/03/17 at 5:42 pm

Well maybe you should learn not to personally attackers others first, since i'm supposedly "more troubled". Seriously, how did you not think that I wouldn't be offended by that? I didn't even call you any names in my original post and I wouldn't have resulted in calling you a "sook", if otherwise. In fact, I was trying to offer you a solution, since you are so dissatisfied with this site. I suggested that taking another break might be worthwhile, not because I think you shouldn't post here anymore, but because you might enjoy this site a bit more if you did.

But no, you decided to be a massive jerk. Enjoy being a sook, you moron.

Typical. Once again, just like in the other thread...even AFTER I fully explained to you that you misunderstand my statement. Yet, you continue to wallow in your ignorance and sensitivity. You personally attacked me first and foremost.

Enjoy your decision on being a massive hypocrite, idiot.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/03/17 at 5:43 pm

Typical. Once again, just like in the other thread...even AFTER I fully explained to you that you misunderstand my statement. Yet, you continue to wallow in your ignorance and sensitivity. You personally attacked me first and foremost.

Enjoy your decision on being a massive hypocrite, idiot.

What, so saying that i'm "more troubled" is your way of explaining it to me. Yeah, that's really helpful...

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/03/17 at 5:46 pm

What, so saying that i'm "more troubled" is your way of explaining it to me. Yeah, that's really helpful...

Once again, you misunderstand or didn't read what I said.

What in the world do you not understand about that? ::)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/03/17 at 8:50 pm

We entered a new Era when Trump became president, the tonal vibe of the decade changed
And it's changed for the worst. Can Trump please resign or be impeached already? I don't care how long it takes to take him down with all the scandals. He's literally an embarrassment not just to this country but the entire world as well.

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/04/17 at 1:50 pm

It's pretty much always agreed that the final year of a decade will exhibit some of the popculture of the early part of the next decade. We will definitely be witnessing most of the pop culture up to 2024 from late 2018/early 2019.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/04/17 at 2:17 pm

We will definitely be witnessing most of the pop culture up to 2024 from late 2018/early 2019.

No we won't be "definitely" witnessing that. You aren't psychic. Nobody knows when change will happen and what the future holds. You can only predict that, and I do agree with your prediction. But there is no way to be sure until we experience it.

Written By: Escondudo on 10/05/17 at 10:49 am

I don't mean to sound like a pessimist or anything, but that sounds more like "if" to me.

It will happen at some point in the next 10 years, if not for Trump, then because people naturally shift to the opposite party for "change."

Check for new replies or respond here...