inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pop culturally and musically this is the worse decade since the 40s

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/03/17 at 7:24 pm

I'll will admit I like the technology of this decade and think it's awesome but that's the only thing pop cultually and musically I think this is the worst decade since the 40s just by looking and researching the past and since the 30s and 40s had war,but after it was cool till about now it seems like the 30s and 40s all over again with all this terrorism,gun dandger,and boring pop culture in this decade.

Subject: Re: Pop culturally and musically this is the worse decade since the 40s

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/03/17 at 7:29 pm

A bit of an over exaggeration. 1940s had Holocaust, World War 2, Cold War, and the economy trying to recover from an economic decline that was even worse than the Great Recession that we've had a few years back. The 1940s in terms of pop culture was alright, but in terms of everything else it was a disaster. Even the 2010s doesn't compare.

Subject: Re: Pop culturally and musically this is the worse decade since the 40s

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/03/17 at 7:35 pm

A bit of an over exaggeration. 1940s had Holocaust, World War 2, Cold War, and the economy trying to recover from an economic decline that was even worse than the Great Recession that we've had a few years back. The 1940s in terms of pop culture was alright, but in terms of everything else it was a disaster. Even the 2010s doesn't compare.
maybe so but from research and info from older family members makes me think and put 2 and 2 together that this is the wackest,and corniest and uneventful decade in a minute except the tech. :P

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/03/17 at 7:49 pm

maybe so but from research and info from older family members makes me think and put 2 and 2 together that this is the wackest,and corniest and uneventful decade in a minute except the tech. :P

Forgive me, but I'm a bit confused on your description. If this decade is uneventful than it isn't as bad as the 1940s which had crazy events outta nowhere. Saying this decade is uneventful in terms of pop culture mainly means that this decade is just dull and boring (it is, but not entirely I'll admit). Although even then the 1940s certainly weren't dull and stale in terms of pop culture. The 1940s had unique fashion, the golden age of cartoons giving us legendary animations such as Bugs Bunney and Walts early days of animated movies, Big Band Swing was still in effect by the first half of the 1940s (WW2 killed it in 1945/1946), Comic books was also in its golden age.

In terms of pop culture I find the 1940s more interesting than the 2010s. However, I will give the 2010s some bonus points for VERY interesting indie/non-mainstream music as I have over 500+ titles of music from 2010+ that just sounds awesome. As for video games this decade has a lot of problems, but it's also good in the indie scene and some AAA games are quite amazing. TV shows such as Adventure Time, Breaking Bad, Gravity Falls, Big Bang Theory etc will prove to be memorable 2010's shows.

The 1940s and 2010s had their ups and downs, but mainly in different areas. 2010s wasn't as bad as the 1940s when it came to political/regional/enviornmental stuff, but its pop culture wasn't as good as the 1940s in my opinion. Although I'm probably just biased.

Written By: 2001 on 10/03/17 at 7:56 pm

I'd rather live as a Jew in Nazi Germany than any further second in this dreadful decade. Despacito is a very bad song.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/03/17 at 8:00 pm

Forgive me, but I'm a bit confused on your description. If this decade is uneventful than it isn't as bad as the 1940s which had crazy events outta nowhere. Saying this decade is uneventful in terms of pop culture mainly means that this decade is just dull and boring (it is, but not entirely I'll admit). Although even then the 1940s certainly weren't dull and stale in terms of pop culture. The 1940s had unique fashion, the golden age of cartoons giving us legendary animations such as Bugs Bunney and Walts early days of animated movies, Big Band Swing was still in effect by the first half of the 1940s (WW2 killed it in 1945/1946), Comic books was also in its golden age.

In terms of pop culture I find the 1940s more interesting than the 2010s. However, I will give the 2010s some bonus points for VERY interesting indie/non-mainstream music as I have over 500+ titles of music from 2010+ that just sounds awesome. As for video games this decade has a lot of problems, but it's also good in the indie scene and some AAA games are quite amazing. TV shows such as Adventure Time, Breaking Bad, Gravity Falls, Big Bang Theory etc will prove to be memorable 2010's shows.

The 1940s and 2010s had their ups and downs, but mainly in different areas. 2010s wasn't as bad as the 1940s when it came to political/regional/enviornmental stuff, but its pop culture wasn't as good as the 1940s in my opinion. Although I'm probably just biased.
I thought gravity falls and adventure Time were great,but breaking bad and big bang theory are wack especially BBT oh my gosh that show is very annoying there's not many things I will be nostalgic for about this decade except a couple of things like the tech,gravity falls,the regular show.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/03/17 at 11:20 pm

I'd rather live as a Jew in Nazi Germany than any further second in this dreadful decade. Despacito is a very bad song.

Posts like this are why I only come on here once every two months.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/03/17 at 11:35 pm

I agree with your point. However, that specific comment was sarcastic and meant to parody posters who actually think that way.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/04/17 at 12:24 am

It was a joke and it was quite obvious  ;D I laughed out loud.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/04/17 at 12:27 am

Do you mean this is the second worst decade next to the 1940s? If so, ok that's your opinion. But I do not think it is the worse than the 1940s. World War II was quite the awful time for practically everyone. Let's just be glad we aren't going through another world war like that at the moment. And I think dancing to Drake is a little better than dancing to Jazz haha  :P

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/04/17 at 5:07 am

Nah, I’d much rather live in the 10’s than the 40’s.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/04/17 at 6:38 am

Never said I wanted to live in the 40s I said this was the worst decade since the 40s meaning the 50s and up were better till about 2012.

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/04/17 at 8:10 am

And I think dancing to Drake is a little better than dancing to Jazz haha :P

https://media.tenor.com/images/493ec3b25d3a18386b0446679c0f3dfc/tenor.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/17 at 8:10 am

https://media.tenor.com/images/493ec3b25d3a18386b0446679c0f3dfc/tenor.gif
...not my kind of music?

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/04/17 at 8:12 am

...not my kind of music?

I'll take Jazz over almost anything. I'm a biased nut so don't mind me. Not the biggest Drake fan.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/17 at 8:15 am

I'll take Jazz over almost anything. I'm a biased nut so don't mind me. Not the biggest Drake fan.
For me, I have only heard Drake unknowingly, and I am keeping that way.

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/04/17 at 8:17 am

For me, I have only heard Drake unknowingly, and I am keeping that way.

I mainly just don't like his musical style and the themes he goes on about.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/04/17 at 8:21 am

Drake is pretty diverse when it comes to his musical style. He's not a conventional rapper. Some people consider him a better singer than rapper.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/17 at 8:28 am

I am not venturing into finding out what his music sounds like.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/04/17 at 8:32 am

I am not venturing into finding out what his music sounds like.

Drake has nice songs. However, I figure that you still wouldn't like his songs.

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/04/17 at 8:35 am

Drake is pretty diverse when it comes to his musical style. He's not a conventional rapper. Some people consider him a better singer than rapper.

When he's doing some R&B singing he's kinda decent. Not my cup of tea, but certainly not bad (it's really a matter of taste, I suppose). But I don't care for his rapping.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/04/17 at 8:39 am

When he's doing some R&B singing he's kinda decent. Not my cup of tea, but certainly not bad (it's really a matter of taste, I suppose). But I don't care for his rapping.

That's totally fine.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/04/17 at 10:40 am

It was a joke and it was quite obvious  ;D I laughed out loud.

This site is Poe's Law: The Forum :)

Written By: Howard on 10/04/17 at 3:07 pm

I would take funk and disco over today's music.

Written By: LooseBolt on 10/05/17 at 6:21 am

The 1940s, for all their horrific political events, were not that bad pop culturally. Remember this is the decade of Citizen Kane, Casablanca, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, It's a Wonderful Life, Since You Went Away, The Best Years of Our Lives...several of these movies are regarded as the best ever made.

Check for new replies or respond here...