inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another member leaving...

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/03/17 at 10:24 pm

I didn't want to make a big deal out of this, but I thought creating this thread would be the right thing to do, in case any of you wanted to send me a message for whatever reason and I didn't respond. At least this way you'll know that I won't be here. I have decided to leave inthe00s. It was nice knowing you all. If you want to get in contact with me at all, I will be on my forum (the link to it is in my signature). There Reignman, i've ended the situation.

Subject: Re: Another member leaving...

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/03/17 at 10:29 pm

I didn't want to make a big deal out of this, but I thought creating this thread would be the right thing to do, in case any of you wanted to send me a message for whatever reason and I didn't respond. At least this way you'll know that I won't be here. I have decided to leave inthe00s. It was nice knowing you all. If you want to get in contact with me at all, I will be on my forum (the link to it is in my signature). There Reignman, i've ended the situation.

OK, if that's the decision you made then fine. I can't change your mind. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Written By: Dude111 on 10/03/17 at 11:35 pm

Thats sad people let a misunderstanding/disagreement chase them off.......

We'll miss you SharksFan :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/17 at 1:23 am

Take care in all you do!

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/04/17 at 2:00 am

It's sad that you have to leave :-[ . Was nice having your contributions here :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/04/17 at 5:06 am

There was a situation? ???

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/04/17 at 5:42 am

Why are you deciding to leave?

Written By: #Infinity on 10/04/17 at 9:11 am

I think it may have to do with the fact that he got fudged for the first time? I don't really want to overly involve myself in a spur of the moment like this, but I've been sensitive about the karma system before myself, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/04/17 at 9:25 am

I think it may have to do with the fact that he got fudged for the first time? I don't really want to overly involve myself in a spur of the moment like this, but I've been sensitive about the karma system before myself, so I wouldn't be surprised.

SharksFan99 and I got into a heated argument yesterday. I sent him a PM to resolve the situation and so he just decided to leave. I didn't expect him to leave but that's the decision that he made.

Written By: Howard on 10/04/17 at 3:09 pm

take care my man. :)

Written By: 2001 on 10/04/17 at 8:30 pm

That's really sad to see a user that contributes so much go. I hope you reconsider your decision, but if you don't... It was really nice knowing you. Good luck in whatever you do man. :(

Written By: Elor on 10/05/17 at 4:51 am

I don't think it's the best way just to leave. If there is a problem with individual members I just tend to ignore those people. You can't please everyone and no matter what you do, there will always be someone who doesn't like what you have to say.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/05/17 at 5:04 am

I don't think it's the best way just to leave. If there is a problem with individual members I just tend to ignore those people. You can't please everyone and no matter what you do, there will always be someone who doesn't like what you have to say.

I agree. Maybe he just needs a break from the site?

Written By: Howard on 10/05/17 at 5:27 am

and don't say "I'm going to leave" is an easy way out.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/05/17 at 10:43 am

Honestly though you can’t let people do you like that. You’re only making them win. There’s going to be people here and there who come off as rude and start arguments, you shouldn’t feed the troll my guy. But I can’t convince you to stay. So cya on the popedia boards

Written By: annimal on 10/05/17 at 10:50 am

sounds like someone is letting some  is letting some negative thing  take them down.  Well, have a nice time.

Written By: bchris02 on 10/05/17 at 11:04 am

No need to announce you are leaving.  Just don't post for a while and come back when you are ready.  I leave this site from time to time but I always end up coming back.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/05/17 at 11:12 am

SharksFan99 leaving is 50% my doing and 50% his own decision.

I can't change his mind.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/17 at 3:35 pm

Please don't leave. Take a break but not leave permanently.

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 10/05/17 at 5:13 pm

SharksFan99 and I got into a heated argument yesterday. I sent him a PM to resolve the situation and so he just decided to leave. I didn't expect him to leave but that's the decision that he made.

Ahh dont feel bad,he must have other things bothering him........ You didnt case it buddy!!!

Maybe he will be back sometime :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/05/17 at 5:15 pm

Ahh dont feel bad,he must have other things bothering him........ You didnt case it buddy!!!

Maybe he will be back sometime :)

I hope that he will eventually change his mind :).

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/17 at 5:33 am

Please don't leave. Take a break but not leave permanently.

Cat
That is the best thing to do, take a break, rest for a while, then come back.

Written By: Howard on 10/06/17 at 7:08 am

No need to announce you are leaving.  Just don't post for a while and come back when you are ready.  I leave this site from time to time but I always end up coming back.

That's why it's always good to take a well deserved break.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/07/17 at 1:11 am

I really feel embarrassed to admit this after what has happened, but after much thought and consideration, I have decided to return to the forums. The one thing that encouraged me to return, was the prospect of intentionally "excluding" myself from this site and how it would have affected me personally. My mindset isn't all that great as it is and I should be trying to avoid negative things, if I can. Staying away from inthe00s wouldn't have benefited me in any way, especially with the pressure which has already been brought on by my upcoming exams.

Admittedly, my sensitivity is my biggest weakness and my natural reaction is to withdraw. I'm not going to pretend and say that I wasn't hurt by the heated argument I had several days ago. I wanted to leave and never come back. That's how much it truly got to me. But I have since moved on from that and hopefully it won't happen again.

Lastly, thanks to everyone who commented on this thread. I can't even begin to tell you how appreciative I am of reading everyone's well wishes. That's one thing that I would have missed if I had decided to go through with my plan to permanently leave inthe00s. The members here are great and inthe00s is probably the best forum I have ever taken part in. So, i'm sorry for creating such a scene and hopefully we can all move on from this! :)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/07/17 at 1:16 am

I really feel embarrassed to admit this after what has happened, but after much thought and consideration, I have decided to return to the forums. The one thing that encouraged me to return, was the prospect of intentionally "excluding" myself from this site and how it would have affected me personally. My mindset isn't all that great as it is and I should be trying to avoid negative things, if I can. Staying away from inthe00s wouldn't have benefited me in any way, especially with the pressure which has already been brought on by my upcoming exams.

Admittedly, my sensitivity is my biggest weakness and my natural reaction is to withdraw. I'm not going to pretend and say that I wasn't hurt by the heated argument I had several days ago. I wanted to leave and never come back. That's how much it truly got to me. But I have since moved on from that and hopefully it won't happen again.

Lastly, thanks to everyone who commented on this thread. I can't even begin to tell you how appreciative I am of reading everyone's well wishes. That's one thing that I would have missed if I had decided to go through with my plan to permanently leave inthe00s. The members here are great and inthe00s is probably the best forum I have ever taken part in. So, i'm sorry for creating such a scene and hopefully we can all move on from this! :)

Although I didn't comment on the thread, welcome back!

Written By: Dude111 on 10/07/17 at 1:22 am

Welcome home buddy!!!!!

We all have bad days......

Im glad your staying....... Please let us try to help you with anything else bothering you,we all care :)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/07/17 at 1:25 am

Although I didn't comment on the thread, welcome back!

Welcome home buddy!!!!!

We all have bad days......

Im glad your staying....... Please let us try to help you with anything else bothering you,we all care :)

Thank you! I really appreciate it. :)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/07/17 at 2:06 am

Welcome back bro :). Good to have you back here, for some reason I had a feeling you'd be back on here in not too long  ;D.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/07/17 at 2:41 am

Welcome back bro :). Good to have you back here, for some reason I had a feeling you'd be back on here in not too long  ;D.

Thank you. :)

Written By: karen on 10/07/17 at 4:30 am

Sometimes you just need to take a break from the boards.  Most arguments blow over after a short while especially if one shuts up for a bit.

I've had one or two issues with people over the years but I just take a day or two off and then avoid replying to their posts for a while (or forever!)

Glad you decided to come back

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/07/17 at 9:06 am

Welcome back! :)

Sorry for everything and I hope nothing like that happens again :).

Written By: 2001 on 10/07/17 at 9:09 am

I'm so glad you aren't leaving! :D

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/07/17 at 9:41 am

Thanks everyone. :)

Welcome back! :)

Sorry for everything and I hope nothing like that happens again :).

I'm sorry for everything I said as well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/17 at 9:42 am

Thanks everyone. :)

It's good you are staying and btw, I am not leaving.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/07/17 at 9:59 am

Awesome! :)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/07/17 at 11:28 am

It's nice to see SharkFan and Brian come back here. Now if thew followings users can do the same thing, that would be great. Hopefully, Mqg, Eric, XYKid, Mark, and some others return someday.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/07/17 at 2:37 pm

I'm glad you're staying!  :)

Written By: Howard on 10/07/17 at 2:54 pm

Glad to see you've returned buddy, How was your well deserved break? :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/08/17 at 1:08 pm

I'm glad you decided to stay.

Cat

Written By: #Infinity on 10/09/17 at 3:21 pm

I have to be honest, even I am starting to grow pretty worn out over this site. Maybe it’s just the sheer oversaturation of late 2000s/early 2010s-specific decadeology, the apathy over topics that could have bloomed into something more productive, the continuing loss of members, or, frankly, that my personal life has evolved quite a bit over the past two years, and I’m feeling both more confident in my own expression, as well as more tolerant of popular culture for what it is, but this place has really become less of an intellectually stimulating escape and more a series of repetitive ramblings that barely interest me any longer. I still check in regularly for the moment, but it’s quickly making my head feel numb. I suppose I just really hope there’s gonna be more to discuss than whether or not we’re in the “Gen-Z era of music, when there’s going to be another specific “shift” in an ever-evolving world, or how awful everything in the world has become due to Trump being president.

Written By: annimal on 10/09/17 at 3:58 pm

you know, when I feel tired about this site, sometimes I stop looking here and look at the parodies I've written in the past.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/09/17 at 8:08 pm

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. :)

I have to be honest, even I am starting to grow pretty worn out over this site. Maybe it’s just the sheer oversaturation of late 2000s/early 2010s-specific decadeology, the apathy over topics that could have bloomed into something more productive, the continuing loss of members, or, frankly, that my personal life has evolved quite a bit over the past two years, and I’m feeling both more confident in my own expression, as well as more tolerant of popular culture for what it is, but this place has really become less of an intellectually stimulating escape and more a series of repetitive ramblings that barely interest me any longer. I still check in regularly for the moment, but it’s quickly making my head feel numb. I suppose I just really hope there’s gonna be more to discuss than whether or not we’re in the “Gen-Z era of music, when there’s going to be another specific “shift” in an ever-evolving world, or how awful everything in the world has become due to Trump being president.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Those topics of discussion must be the "in" thing at the moment. For instance, I started a topic a couple of days ago about "Demo Songs" and how some can be better than the actual releases, but it didn't receive any responses. I thought that would have been something that could have evolved into an interesting topic, but obviously not.

To be honest, sometimes I wish that inthe00s was more "international focused". We have a fair few members who actively contribute to these forums who are not from America. For example, Elor is from Germany, longaotian is from New Zealand, i'm from Australia. I would love to have discussions about the pop cultures of different countries, but it seems like no one else is interested. I've tried to start topics based on comparing pop cultures from different countries, but it has been to no avail.

Written By: #Infinity on 10/09/17 at 9:48 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. Those topics of discussion must be the "in" thing at the moment. For instance, I started a topic a couple of days ago about "Demo Songs" and how some can be better than the actual releases, but it didn't receive any responses. I thought that would have been something that could have evolved into an interesting topic, but obviously not.

I really liked the soccer hits thread and was really let down that it got quickly overlooked in favor of even more vapid decadeology and generationology. I still can’t believe there have been absolutely no responses in most of the top 10 songs of 200x threads I started.

To be honest, sometimes I wish that inthe00s was more "international focused". We have a fair few members who actively contribute to these forums who are not from America. For example, Elor is from Germany, longaotian is from New Zealand, i'm from Australia. I would love to have discussions about the pop cultures of different countries, but it seems like no one else is interested. I've tried to start topics based on comparing pop cultures from different countries, but it has been to no avail.

I guess the closest you’ve really gotten is my own special focus on the UK, music especially, even though I live in America. It seems like this board’s main interest, though, is 2000s childhood nostalgia, especially for cartoons in particular. Nothing objectionable about that, of course, but perhaps it’s not as much in line with you and my personal areas of interest?

Myself, I feel largely isolated here sometimes because I think my personal style doesn’t resonate with other people here at all. Being a girly girl hopeless romantic who loves glamour and bubblegummy music, I don’t really feel like I have anybody here with whom I can fully exchange my interests and have them understand.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/09/17 at 10:40 pm

I guess the closest you’ve really gotten is my own special focus on the UK, music especially, even though I live in America. It seems like this board’s main interest, though, is 2000s childhood nostalgia, especially for cartoons in particular. Nothing objectionable about that, of course, but perhaps it’s not as much in line with you and my personal areas of interest?

Pretty much. I appreciate the fact that you do show interest in other cultures, especially seeing as though I don't actually live in America myself (meaning that I can't really relate to some of the topics discussed on here). I don't have an issue with the topics based on 2000s childhood nostalgia either, but like you, I wish the forum was more varied and had a wider range of different topics to discuss. Music is one of my biggest interests, so i'm personally more interested in talking about music topics in general and the similarities and differences in pop cultures of different countries.

I still can’t believe there have been absolutely no responses in most of the top 10 songs of 200x threads I started.

Neither can I, actually, especially the ones based on 2000s years. I've posted in a few of them, but I haven't had a chance to post in all of them unfortunately. :(

Myself, I feel largely isolated here sometimes because I think my personal style doesn’t resonate with other people here at all. Being a girly girl hopeless romantic who loves glamour and bubblegummy music, I don’t really feel like I have anybody here with whom I can fully exchange my interests and have them understand.

I respect your interests. I'm personally not a fan of glamour and bubblegum music, but that doesn't mean that I don't find it interesting to talk/read about. I guess it's hard to truly connect with people on forums, because we all have drastically different life experiences and interests. No two people are ever exactly the same, unfortunately.

To be honest, in regards to our interests not resonating with others, I sometimes even feel that way about my strong interest in grunge/alternative rock. It seems like no one else here has the same amount of interest in the genre. In fact, grunge/alternative rock used to be ridiculed by a lot of people on inthe00s in the past. I've read threads about grunge/alternative rock from several years ago and most of the members back then used to criticise it as being "suicidal row" music.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/10/17 at 9:50 am

I feel I'm not smart enough to answer your topics. Haha Your posts are entertaining to read though. Post your farewell thread and watch it has loads of responses.

Pretty much. I appreciate the fact that you do show interest in other cultures, especially seeing as though I don't actually live in America myself (meaning that I can't really relate to some of the topics discussed on here). I don't have an issue with the topics based on 2000s childhood nostalgia either, but like you, I wish the forum was more varied and had a wider range of different topics to discuss.

Now that I think of it, I would like more variety to. I'm interested in reading a paradox discussion now.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 10/10/17 at 9:59 am

According to my observations of PersonalityCafe, I have a feeling that the site has gotten worse since I left. There's far more of this thing about the "early, mid, and late 00's kid" split now than there ever was when I was on there. The whole forum in my opinion has gotten bizarre.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/10/17 at 10:22 am

According to my observations of PersonalityCafe, I have a feeling that the site has gotten worse since I left. There's far more of this thing about the "early, mid, and late 00's kid" split now than there ever was when I was on there. The whole forum in my opinion has gotten bizarre.

PersonalityCafe has always been a bit mundane because there isn't much activity there.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/10/17 at 3:22 pm

It's just gotten ridiculous, I just had a rage on there last night actually :-X

The people on there just make you lose brain cells cause their that dumb :o

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/10/17 at 4:18 pm

inthe00s > personality cafe

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/10/17 at 8:23 pm

I like the MBTI sub-boards on Personality Cafe, but apart from that, I agree with you. There's really only a few members who are keeping the generation sub-board alive, to be honest.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/10/17 at 8:33 pm

I like the MBTI sub-boards on Personality Cafe, but apart from that, I agree with you. There's really only a few members who are keeping the generation sub-board alive, to be honest.

Tbh I had a little rage on there last night :-X

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/10/17 at 9:38 pm

Tbh I had a little rage on there last night :-X

Haha, yeah I noticed, but I don't blame you though. I completely agree with everything you said. :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/10/17 at 9:40 pm

Should I create a new PerC account?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/10/17 at 9:56 pm

Should I create a new PerC account?

I probably wouldn't, to be honest. It's basically as active as my 4-month-old forum, which means that it's not really active at all, lol.  :P ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/10/17 at 10:35 pm

I probably wouldn't, to be honest. It's basically as active as my 4-month-old forum, which means that it's not really active at all, lol.  :P ;D

I know, lol ;D.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 02/20/18 at 7:51 pm

My visits to inthe00s have left me feeling incredibly frustrated over the past several months. It's disappointing, because I used to love posting on this site and it has a great community. However, the lack of change and the over-saturation of decadeology threads has ruined it for me. I want to see inthe00s reach it's full potential and return to what it once was. That's why I created the "Let's make inthe00s great again" thread. I've realised though that it's never going to happen, at least not in the immediate future.

I think it's in everyone's best interests if I leave the site for good. I've persevered with Inthe00s and tried to participate regularly on the boards, but I feel just as frustrated as I did when I created this thread. I don't want to keep mentioning that it's not as good as it once was, because it doesn't benefit anyone.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/20/18 at 7:54 pm

#MIT00sGA

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/20/18 at 8:33 pm

My visits to inthe00s have left me feeling incredibly frustrated over the past several months. It's disappointing because I used to love posting on this site and it has a great community. However, the lack of change and the over-saturation of decadeology threads has ruined it for me. I want to see inthe00s reach its full potential and return to what it once was. That's why I created the "Let's make inthe00s great again" thread. I've realized though that it's never going to happen, at least not in the immediate future.

I think it's in everyone's best interests if I leave the site for good. I've persevered with Inthe00s and tried to participate regularly on the boards, but I feel just as frustrated as I did when I created this thread. I don't want to keep mentioning that it's not as good as it once was because it doesn't benefit anyone.
I tried to have a variety of topics where everyone can contribute a few months ago, but they didn't really receive tons of responses. I even made some fun ones.

The other issues besides what you mentioned is that are fewer tons of members here generally than there used to be. If you look at the archives, there were hundreds (if, not thousands) of users that contributed to most topics and that every board was active compared to now. It's because of those reasons along with what you stated is why this site has declined for the past several years which have even pushed some valuable members to leave forever.

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/20/18 at 9:08 pm

I tried to have a variety of topics where everyone can contribute a few months ago, but they didn't really receive tons of responses. I even made some fun ones.

The other issues besides what you mentioned is that are fewer tons of members here generally than there used to be. If you look at the archives, there were hundreds (if, not thousands) of users that contributed to most topics and that every board was active compared to now. It's because of those reasons along with what you stated is why this site has declined for the past several years which have even pushed some valuable members to leave forever.

Link me to some of those threads, man. I made a thread where we post names of our song and album names, as if we were music artists I was confident would have generated interesting discussion. It ended up far from it.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/20/18 at 9:31 pm

Link me to some of those threads, man. I made a thread where we post names of our song and album names as if we were music artists I was confident would have generated interesting discussion. It ended up far from it.
Here they are.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56333.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56334.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56335.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56332.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55208.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55070.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55206.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55648.0

And here are some more by others that were interesting.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55721.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55985.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55135.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=33937.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=54093.0

Written By: Dude111 on 02/21/18 at 5:29 am

Its sad when a member leaves :(

I love this site alot!!!!!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/21/18 at 5:38 am

I know what you mean. I miss the following members from back in the day...

RockAndRollFan
AndrewTheTalkingWalnut
MaxwellSmart
AbsolutelyVile
MasterSplinter

Also I wish I could remember the poster who put up the Anybody Got Any Money? thread, which was a classic.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/21/18 at 5:59 am

I know what you mean. I miss the following members from back in the day...

RockAndRollFan
AndrewTheTalkingWalnut
MaxwellSmart
AbsolutelyVile
MasterSplinter

Also I wish I could remember the poster who put up the Anybody Got Any Money? thread, which was a classic.  8)
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=9314.0

Written By: Howard on 02/21/18 at 2:59 pm

It is sad. :(

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/18 at 5:26 pm

AbsolutelyVile

She passed away :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/21/18 at 5:40 pm

:\'(

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/21/18 at 9:26 pm

Here they are.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56333.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56334.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56335.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56332.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55208.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55070.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55206.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55648.0

And here are some more by others that were interesting.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55721.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55985.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55135.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=33937.0

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=54093.0

Damn, thank you dude. Its amazing how I overlooked them. Bout to try to revive some of them.

Written By: 2001 on 02/21/18 at 9:39 pm

Damn, thank you dude. Its amazing how I overlooked them. Bout to try to revive some of them.

I'll need to revive the myths/BS thread. You should see my Facebook feed, it's like a sushi conveyor belt of BS :o

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/21/18 at 9:44 pm

Damn, thank you, dude. It's amazing how I overlooked them. Bout to try to revive some of them.
You're welcome!

I'll need to revive the myths/BS thread. You should see my Facebook feed, it's like a sushi conveyor belt of BS :o
Please do! There are lots of myths and bullsh!t that need to be debunked.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/18 at 5:42 am

When? :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/18 at 5:51 am

:\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...