inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is pop culture taking a hit from staleness?

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/06/17 at 7:34 am

I think pop culture is taking a hit from the staleness of pop culture right now and was thinking with all this technology and advancements the 2010s should be like one of the best decades with new fresh ideas since we have all these advancements and tech,but instead pop culture is stagnation or if not that pop culture is not that fun right now because it's focusing on the past and dragging if it wasn't dragging and was changing with time with these advancements of today the 2010s could of been great and not boring,pc,and stale for the most part.

Subject: Re: Is pop culture taking a hit from staleness?

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/06/17 at 5:05 pm

Charmed17, I love your activity, but you don't have to open a new thread. You can combine some of your questions in your other threads as threads are quite flexible when it comes to handling topics as they can shift to a slightly different one from time to time depending on what is asked and discussed. But since I cared enough to clicked this thread I might as well answer. What can I say? If I'm already replying I might as well just be on topic, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now while technology is part of pop culture I would say that pop culture is a lot more than just technology and advancement. Rather it's new ideas and perspectives. I suppose it's just stale because people aren't doing anything new. Big time music artists aren't pushing for anything new for example. Everybody trying to sound the same and no new music genres or styles being brought up. Although I will give the 2010s points when it comes to animated shows as stuff like Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Rick and Morty etc are actually pretty innovative and break the norm of how cartoons used to be in my opinion.

The pop cultural change may not really happen until we look back in hindsight. Or it may not happen until 2018-2020 where the 2010s will develop its own decade cultural backlash as people throw out the 2010's trends like trash and push for something new.

Check for new replies or respond here...