inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone for the new Blade Runner sequel

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/17 at 8:36 am

Blade Runner 2049, the eagerly awaited - and belated - sequel to Sir Ridley Scott's 1982 sci-fi, opens in cinemas this weekend. The film sees Harrison Ford reprise his role as Rick Deckard, the futuristic detective whose adventures made such an impression 35 years ago. Ryan Gosling, Jared Leto and Robin Wright also have roles in the follow-up, directed not by Scott but by Canada's Denis Villeneuve.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41386895

Subject: Re: Anyone for the new Blade Runner sequel

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/09/17 at 8:12 am

Blade Runner 2049 has made far less than expected on its opening weekend at the US box office. The $31.5m (£24.1m) total will be a major disappointment for distributor Warner Bros, which had projected ticket sales of between $45m and $50m. Its 163-minute running time, limiting the number of screenings, was said to be one factor in the under-performance. But it was still the weekend's most popular movie in the US. It topped the UK box office, with sales above £6m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41546692

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/09/17 at 10:40 am

Could'be just made an original Cyberpunk movie instead trying to bring back Blade Runner honestly. But from what I saw it was decent.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/09/17 at 7:22 pm

Could'be just made an original Cyberpunk movie instead trying to bring back Blade Runner honestly. But from what I saw it was decent.

I think it being a sequel is what in part doomed it. To this day the first Blade Runner is kind of nichey despite being a cult classic. It's unfortunate. Quite a bit of care was put into this movie and many people will skip over it in favor of more film candy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/17 at 5:59 am

I do not know about others, I understand it that it is a cult classic, but I found it slow and I almost fell asleep. I do not know if I wish to see the original feature again, or should I at least watch the tralier?

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/10/17 at 3:32 pm

That's the one movie I was looking forward to seeing the most this year, and it didn't disappoint. Best movie of 2017.

Check for new replies or respond here...