inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mainstream music is at an all time low!

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 6:19 pm

You have to admit it whether you believe it or not and at this point there really isn't anything other that interesting to talk about so we just might as well admit how bad mainstream is right now especially music and this isn't complaining cause someone's probably going to say don't listen to it then believe me I don't and in fact I haven't listened to mainstream music alot since about 2008-2009,but now I notice mainstream music is so bad my mom turned the radio on and after about 30 minutes I was like what has music/the radio come to I mean rap is freaking horrible to the  max.But yeah I know one of you guys gave me bad karma points for bashing this decade so much,but idc because this is a sight to voice opinion and I would say I'm bashing this decade I'm stating facts because this decade has become so annoying and absurd me and my family bomb the hell out of this decade the 1930s and 1940s so there still love this site though.

Subject: Re: Mainstream music is at an all time low!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/07/17 at 6:37 pm

Well, I don't blame you man. I don't like much of this decade either. The only pop culture I like is the films, games and the music (except trap rap).

I wanna say though, I would like for you to discuss the nostalgia you have for the 90s and the 00s. I haven't seen you post your thoughts yet.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/07/17 at 7:12 pm

Then just listen to older songs. I’m sure you have a Spotify or something like that. You’re not forced to listen to today’s music if you don’t like it.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 7:19 pm

Then just listen to older songs. I’m sure you have a Spotify or something like that. You’re not forced to listen to today’s music if you don’t like it.
I just said in my post I don't listen to mainstream music but since I heard it again from my mom I'm just stating it sucks!

Subject: Mainstream music is at an all time low!

Written By: Dude111 on 10/07/17 at 7:30 pm

Well sadly you are UNLESS YOU HAVE RECORDS,8 TRACKS,etc you can enjoy because everything is digital crap and is not as good as it was then!!!

ITS JUST A MIRROR OF WHAT USED TO BE GOOD.......

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/07/17 at 8:06 pm

This is like 20th thread you've started about this. I fail to see what is gained by repeating the same message over and over.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/07/17 at 8:11 pm

This is like 20th thread you've started about this. I fail to see what is gained by repeating the same message over and over.

I privately messaged charmed about this. Can a mod intervene?

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 8:13 pm

well let's see I never said nothing about no message this is simply stating different reasons why this era sucks so if you have a response response or else don't say this is the 20th thread about this topic. ::)

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 8:17 pm

Come up with a better topic then cause the real topics about this decade are more entertaining than topics trying to make this decade seem awesome there's here and there thinks okay about this decade but other than that it's all not cutting it so get real and make the 00s site real and accept these threads after all there 85% right.Thats why so many people are leaving the site cause of loss of creativity and realness.

Written By: 2001 on 10/07/17 at 8:22 pm

Come up with a better topic then cause the real topics about this decade are more entertaining than topics trying to make this decade seem awesome there's here and there thinks okay about this decade but other than that it's all not cutting it so get real and make the 00s site real and accept these threads after all there 85% right.

404: Page Not Found

Pretty much every thread here is about hating the 2010s. Even the ones expressing something positive contain mostly posts that are not so positive. ;D

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 8:27 pm

404: Page Not Found

Pretty much every thread here is about hating the 2010s. Even the ones expressing something positive contain mostly posts that are not so positive. ;D
There ain't much positive about this decade except the technology everything else to most people I know and talk to is overrated,pc,and not creative what you want to hear the 2010s aren't terrible,but they deserve this treatment I ain't changing my opinion,and your right maybe I should calm down on these type of threads,but that won't stop me from bashing 80% of things about this decade and stating it cause that's how my opinion is isn't that what this site is for.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/07/17 at 8:51 pm

There ain't much positive about this decade except the technology everything else to most people I know and talk to is overrated,pc,and not creative what you want to hear the 2010s aren't terrible,but they deserve this treatment I ain't changing my opinion,and your right maybe I should calm down on these type of threads,but that won't stop me from bashing 80% of things about this decade and stating it cause that's how my opinion is isn't that what this site is for.

You can state your opinion, however one-dimensional, misinformed, and self-pitying it may be.

What people don't like is when you re-state this opinion over and over without adding any new insight.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 8:57 pm

You can state your opinion, however one-dimensional, misinformed, and self-pitying it may be.

What people don't like is when you re-state this opinion over and over without adding any new insight.
excuse me there is no self putting here this is straight facts dawg look at the dang movie rankings this summer is was the lowest in 20 years I have respect but this decade I love to bashing now I don't have to state too many facts cause I give facts just boy how I write the dang topic. :-X

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 9:00 pm

it's an op deal with it it's a straight fact and this is real topic that expresses how I feel to the deacde altogether no offense but you sound like someone who loves this decade.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/07/17 at 9:03 pm

it's an op deal with it it's a straight fact and this is real topic that expresses how I feel to the deacde altogether no offense but you sound like someone who loves this decade.

I wouldn't say I "love" this decade, but I'm continually confused by your fatalistic vendetta against it.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 9:07 pm

I wouldn't say I "love" this decade, but I'm continually confused by your fatalistic vendetta against it.
no vendetta but if you paid attention no offense you would see why one wouldnt like this decade.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/07/17 at 9:13 pm

no vendetta but if you paid attention no offense you would see why one wouldnt like this decade.

The decade that gave us the Second Golden Age of Television (Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, etc.)? The decade that gave us a boom of independent, DIY filmmaking? The decade that gave us incredible technology and an easier way to connect, serving both practical and informal purposes? The decade in which, thanks to the speed and reach of that technology, the ability to organize and politically active has given speed and legitimacy to social movements which would otherwise be struggling? The decade in which LGBT people have seen increased public acceptance and legal protection all over the developed world?

Yeah, but I guess there's been bland pop music and boring fashion choices, so apparently that writes off the whole thing.

You say that if I "paid attention" to the 2010s (which still has another ~26 months in it), I'd be disappointed. But I say that there's always something to be seen if you're looking closely enough.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 9:22 pm

The decade that gave us the Second Golden Age of Television (Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, etc.)? The decade that gave us a boom of independent, DIY filmmaking? The decade that gave us incredible technology and an easier way to connect, serving both practical and informal purposes? The decade in which, thanks to the speed and reach of that technology, the ability to organize and politically active has given speed and legitimacy to social movements which would otherwise be struggling? The decade in which LGBT people have seen increased public acceptance and legal protection all over the developed world?

Yeah, but I guess there's been bland pop music and boring fashion choices, so apparently that writes off the whole thing.

You say that if I "paid attention" to the 2010s (which still has another ~26 months in it), I'd be disappointed. But I say that there's always something to be seen if you're looking closely enough.
you just said second golden age of tv hell naw theres like 1 or 2 good tv shows to me now the 90s was the golden age of the my dude most tv now is slow,politically correct and unrelatable.I always laugh when someone says oh this is the second golden age of the well guess what to me the second golden age of the hasn't happened yet hopefully the 2020s will be the real 2nd wave of great tv.Like I said this now is super overrated dragging pc and the only show I seen (cause I love tv)this decade that's actually good is walking dead.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/07/17 at 9:26 pm

you just said second golden age of tv hell naw theres like 1 or 2 good tv shows to me now the 90s was the golden age of the my dude most tv now is slow,politically correct and unrelatable.

I've heard the '50s described as the Golden Age of Television. I've heard the '60s described as it, too. I've never heard anyone describe the '90s as one.

And I'm certainly not alone in saying that the 2010s is a second "Golden Age." It's an opinion held by substantial numbers of cultural historians and television critics, bolstered by new forms of distribution (premium cable and streaming services), and the content available therein. It's not something I made up just because of how I feel—it's something somebody else made up because of how a lot or people feel :)

Also, exactly which shows do you believe are "slow, politically correct, and unrelatable?" For that matter, why should anything necessarily be "relatable?" Why should that be a requisite?

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 9:35 pm

I've heard the '50s described as the Golden Age of Television. I've heard the '60s described as it, too. I've never heard anyone describe the '90s as one.

And I'm certainly not alone in saying that the 2010s is a second "Golden Age." It's an opinion held by substantial numbers of cultural historians and television critics, bolstered by new forms of distribution (premium cable and streaming services), and the content available therein. It's not something I made up just because of how I feel—it's something somebody else made up because of how a lot or people feel :)

Also, exactly which shows do you believe are "slow, politically correct, and unrelatable?" For that matter, why should anything necessarily be "relatable?" Why should that be a requisite?
I always hear people say the 90s is the golden age for tv not the cheesy 10s and again the 60s who heck thinks that decade was a golden age for tv yeah the 60s were great but no golden age for tv like tv shows I watch from the 90s were amazing and tv needs to be relatable and not pc to be good in my opinion.i freaking fall asleep watching most of todays tv you want to know some good tv shows not from the 10s that are actually good that 70s show,freaks and geeks,northern exposure,boy meets world,senfeld,friends,Buffy the vampire Slayer,my so called life,power rangers inspace,Saturday morning cartoons,Beverly hills 90210 etc there's more but you get the point now those are really cool tv shows to me.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/07/17 at 9:36 pm

I always hear people say the 90s is the golden age for tv not the cheesy 10s and again the 60s who heck thinks that decade was a golden age for tv yeah the 60s were great but no golden age for tv like tv shows I watch from the 90s were amazing and tv needs to be relatable and not pc to be good in my opinion.

Once again, I can't have this discussion unless you define these terms and what they mean to you. Game of Thrones, for example, is not a "relatable" show, but no one could feasibly call it "PC."

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 9:47 pm

Once again, I can't have this discussion unless you define these terms and what they mean to you. Game of Thrones, for example, is not a "relatable" show, but no one could feasibly call it "PC."
well like I said real shows that are actually good not 2010s mostly boring tv well I got that 70s show,star trek,seienfeld,friends,boy meets world,northern exposure,Frasier,my so called life,freaks and geeks,Buffy the vampire Slayer,old power rangers,Keenan and kel,are you afraid of the dark and the 90s cartoon that's the stuff I watch and way better than 10s wannabe cool shows that I fall asleep to because most of them are boring not funny Ann pc.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/07/17 at 9:52 pm

well like I said real shows that are actually good not 2010s mostly boring tv well I got that 70s show,star trek,seienfeld,friends,boy meets world,northern exposure,Frasier,my so called life,freaks and geeks,Buffy the vampire Slayer,old power rangers,Keenan and kel,are you afraid of the dark and the 90s cartoon that's the stuff I watch and way better than 10s wannabe cool shows that I fall asleep to because most of them are boring not funny Ann pc.

I have no idea what this comment says, and at this point, I don't think it's going to explain your perspective any further. Your personal dislike of the 2010s has led you to create multiple threads claiming as such, asserting that your opinion is a "fact" or the "truth," and despite the fact that some of these beliefs are contrary to a wider consensus, you seem to ignore that dissenting views exist, rather than engage with them and discuss them.

I'm sorry, but I can't reasonably continue this conversation if that's the fundamental thesis it's based on.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 9:58 pm

I have no idea what this comment says, and at this point, I don't think it's going to explain your perspective any further. Your personal dislike of the 2010s has led you to create multiple threads claiming as such, asserting that your opinion is a "fact" or the "truth," and despite the fact that some of these beliefs are contrary to a wider consensus, you seem to ignore that dissenting views exist, rather than engage with them and discuss them.

I'm sorry, but I can't reasonably continue this conversation if that's the fundamental thesis it's based on.
bruh you know what that says you know I'm right that this decade produces some of the most boring shows ever.

Written By: 2001 on 10/07/17 at 9:59 pm

bruh you know what that says you know I'm right that this decade produces some of the most boring shows ever.

No, that's just your opinion. Most critics agree that the 2010s are the new Golden Age of Television.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/07/17 at 10:00 pm

No. I do not believe that. Most people do not believe that. You believe that, and you're allowed to believe that. But you don't speak for me.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 10:03 pm

No. I do not believe that. Most people do not believe that. You believe that, and you're allowed to believe that. But you don't speak for me.
your right everyone is entitled to their own op but you say this is a golden age how cause of critics who cares about critics because when I watch most these 2010s shows I freaking literally fall asleep walking dead is the only good show now that I could actually agree on.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/07/17 at 10:06 pm

your right everyone is entitled to their own op but you say this is a golden age how cause of critics who cares about critics because when I watch most these 2010s shows I freaking literally fall asleep walking dead is the only good show now that I could actually agree on.

I bring out the critical consensus because I happen to hold the funny belief that art is bettered when it's being discussed in a serious, professional capacity that inherently respects art's ability to exist and operate within society. But that's a discussion for another day. I don't feel like having it now.

Anyway, you're free to make as many posts as you want about how much you dislike the 2010s. But what I take issue with is the authoritative way you turn your opinions into self-professed facts. It delegitimizes what you're saying, and it makes it that much more unlikely that people will co-sign it, even if they were to agree.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 10:07 pm

your right everyone is entitled to their own op but you say this is a golden age how cause of critics who cares about critics because when I watch most these 2010s shows I freaking literally fall asleep walking dead is the only good show now that I could actually agree on.like look at entertainment now it's just reboot and remakes and most these movies shows won't be talked about barely 5 years from now.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 10:09 pm

I bring out the critical consensus because I happen to hold the funny belief that art is bettered when it's being discussed in a serious, professional capacity that inherently respects art's ability to exist and operate within society. But that's a discussion for another day. I don't feel like having it now.

Anyway, you're free to make as many posts as you want about how much you dislike the 2010s. But what I take issue with is the authoritative way you turn your opinions into self-professed facts. It delegitimizes what you're saying, and it makes it that much more unlikely that people will co-sign it, even if they were to agree.
bruh stop acting like these shows are all that cause I don't hear people in everyday life barely talk about these shows cause there not as good as everyone tries to make out.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/07/17 at 10:12 pm

bruh stop acting like these shows are all that cause I don't hear people in everyday life barely talk about these shows cause there not as good as everyone tries to make out.

If you don't hear anyone talking about at least one of these shows on at least a semi-regular basis, than you and I obviously hang out in very different social circles. Once again, you're taking your own perspective and projecting it as an objective reality that everyone can identify with.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 10:13 pm

If you don't hear anyone talking about at least one of these shows on at least a semi-regular basis, than you and I obviously hang out in very different social circles. Once again, you're taking your own perspective and projecting it as an objective reality that everyone can identify with.
umm no the last time I heard some mention one of those shows was mid 2016.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 10/07/17 at 10:14 pm

That's your perspective. That's not everyone's reality. It's certainly not mine, not that of many people I'm close with, and not that of many people I follow on social media.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/07/17 at 10:15 pm

How old are you?

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 10:16 pm

How old are you?
bruh 23

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/07/17 at 10:19 pm

That's your perspective. That's not everyone's reality. It's certainly not mine, not that of many people I'm close with, and not that of many people I follow on social media.
your right tho to each own to another topic are you in hurricane Nate's path.

Written By: bchris02 on 10/07/17 at 10:57 pm

2017 is the best year for music since 2011.  2010 and 2011 are still by far the best of the decade, but I think 2017 is on track to come in 3rd.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/07/17 at 10:59 pm

2017 is the best year for music since 2011.  2010 and 2011 are still by far the best of the decade, but I think 2017 is on track to come in 3rd.

I agree with this.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/07/17 at 11:00 pm

It's definitely more tolerable than the last three years...especially last year. Good god, 2016 was horrible.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/07/17 at 11:13 pm

It's definitely more tolerable than the last three years...especially last year. Good god, 2016 was horrible.

There has actually been a bit more variety on the charts this year. I know EDM and trap still dominate, but these genres have also been represented:

* Pop-rock ("Malibu", "Younger Now"
* Latino-pop ("Despacito")

There's also a couple more, but I can't think of them right now. I remember I made a post about this a month or two ago, but I haven't been able to find it. :(

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/07/17 at 11:25 pm

There has actually been a bit more variety on the charts this year. I know EDM and trap still dominate, but these genres have also been represented:

* Pop-rock ("Malibu", "Younger Now"
* Latino-pop ("Despacito")

There's also a couple more, but I can't think of them right now. I remember I made a post about this a month or two ago, but I haven't been able to find it. :(

I agree, there has been more variety on the charts this year...

Tbh, I don't think this year has been as good as 2015/6 for music, imo those years were far better, although it has been a lot better than 2014.

Written By: prodanny288 on 10/07/17 at 11:37 pm

Alright, I'll give 2017 a chance. It's a bit of an improvement from last year but it still doesn't hold a candle to the 2000s

Written By: prodanny288 on 10/07/17 at 11:44 pm

I really hope there is a change in culture soon. I'm so sick and tired of this non-diverse crap we have. We are in need of some change.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/08/17 at 12:19 am

Music is 2017 is absolutely awful I would have to agree with that. And I thought last year was bad but it was better than this year at least. This probably the third or second worst year for music this year. Only 2012 and 2011 were worse, but honestly 2017 is very close to being the worst year of music this decade because it is not far off. Absolutely horrible music in all ways.  8-P

Written By: Slim95 on 10/08/17 at 12:20 am

I really hope there is a change in culture soon. I'm so sick and tired of this non-diverse crap we have. We are in need of some change.

Yeah honestly I'm pretty ready for a change.

Alright, I'll give 2017 a chance. It's a bit of an improvement from last year but it still doesn't hold a candle to the 2000s

It is way worse than last year and last year was bad too but 2017 is worse.

I'm not saying there were zero good hits this year. There were a couple good ones. The problem is bad music overshadowed the good. This year was filled with really awful songs in the mainstream and they all charted very high. And most of the songs some of you like (like Unforgettable for example) I think is absolute trash.

Written By: bchris02 on 10/08/17 at 9:24 am

I'm not saying there were zero good hits this year. There were a couple good ones. The problem is bad music overshadowed the good. This year was filled with really awful songs in the mainstream and they all charted very high. And most of the songs some of you like (like Unforgettable for example) I think is absolute trash.

That's pretty much how I feel about 2016.  Last year had a few gems but the bad overshadowed the good.  I think this year has been an improvement.  For those wanting rock to make a comeback, I think it is going to take a new genre that excites people.  Rock almost died after hair metal in the late '80s but grunge came in and saved the day and gave the genre another two decades in the mainstream.  Something like "Revolution Radio" by Green Day isn't going to spark a rock revival.

Written By: LooseBolt on 10/08/17 at 9:37 am

We complained that mainstream arts were at an all-time low when boy bands happened in the early 00s, when the emos started showing up, when electropop replaced emo and its derivatives, and now. Nothing is new under the sun.

I actually quite appreciate changes in pop culture, even if I don't like most of the music. In a few years, you'll wax nostalgic for it.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/08/17 at 9:50 am

We complained that mainstream arts were at an all-time low when boy bands happened in the early 00s, when the emos started showing up, when electropop replaced emo and its derivatives, and now. Nothing is new under the sun.

I actually quite appreciate changes in pop culture, even if I don't like most of the music. In a few years, you'll wax nostalgic for it.

THIS!!!

Written By: unicornic on 10/08/17 at 10:59 am

In my opinion, there is still some really good music out there, you just have to dig for it. I've never had much of an interest in the mainstream music. Most of it isn't very good, but there are still some good songs made to this day. People have always complained about the mainstream music. In 10 years, I guarantee people will be complaining about the mainstream, and saying how they want the 2010's back. It's an endless cycle.
Oh, and those 'facts' are merely your own opinions. Not everybody thinks today's music is bad.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/08/17 at 11:22 am

In my opinion, there is still some really good music out there, you just have to dig for it. I've never had much of an interest in the mainstream music. Most of it isn't very good, but there are still some good songs made to this day. People have always complained about the mainstream music. In 10 years, I guarantee people will be complaining about the mainstream, and saying how they want the 2010's back. It's an endless cycle.
Oh, and those 'facts' are merely your own opinions. Not everybody thinks today's music is bad.

That's true.

Written By: LooseBolt on 10/08/17 at 5:16 pm

This has also always been the case.

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/09/17 at 4:34 pm

You missed out on some great songs from 2008-09. But I agree with you about the music industry falling off. It's gotten so bad that even good underground music is becoming difficult to find, but that's the 2010s for you. Hopefully this stagnant culture of mediocrity with fizzle into something new and refreshing in the early '20s.

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/11/17 at 5:46 pm

Mainstream music needs to take some inspiration from Future Funk. All Future Funk needs is just a slight push in making mainly original material. One of the only forms of EDM that I really like.

LWi7tbjKuF0pyTBX7s0J-o
FjbzeFfF-Co

Future Funk is the more interesting side of the Disco Revival/Nu-Disco. I prefer Future funk as it actually keeps the funk elements intact. From what I hear from Nu-Disco artists they apparently removed the funk elements in Disco in favor of "lush synth sounds and melodies". And I'm like "Well then why the hell would you wanna make Disco without the funk?!"

All of these songs are from Skyler spence (aka Saint Pepsi) who is one of the guys who made future funk into a popular genre in the Vaporwave scene. Subscribe to the Artzie Music channel for nothing but Future Funk style tracks.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/11/17 at 6:19 pm

Mainstream music needs to take some inspiration from Future Funk. All Future Funk needs is just a slight push in making mainly original material. One of the only forms of EDM that I really like.

LWi7tbjKuF0pyTBX7s0J-o
FjbzeFfF-Co

Future Funk is the more interesting side of the Disco Revival/Nu-Disco. I prefer Future funk as it actually keeps the funk elements intact. From what I hear from Nu-Disco artists they apparently removed the funk elements in Disco in favor of "lush synth sounds and melodies". And I'm like "Well then why the hell would you wanna make Disco without the funk?!"

All of these songs are from Skyler spence (aka Saint Pepsi) who is one of the guys who made future funk into a popular genre in the Vaporwave scene. Subscribe to the Artzie Music channel for nothing but Future Funk style tracks.

I like that! 8)

Written By: Howard on 10/12/17 at 5:35 am

LWi7tbjKuF0pyTBX7s0J-o
FjbzeFfF-Co

I've heard of funk itself what is "future funk"? ???

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/12/17 at 5:39 am

LWi7tbjKuF0pyTBX7s0J-o
FjbzeFfF-Co

sounds awesome!!!

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/12/17 at 10:31 am

I personally think 2017 has been a really good year for music IMO. I’ve looked on the thread “2017: The year in music” and I listened to the songs that people put and literally almost every single one of them was catchy. It honestly makes me wonder how the 2020’s will be for music.

Written By: Bab2781 on 10/13/17 at 7:58 am

I predict that the music of the 2020's will be worst than the 2010's.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/13/17 at 9:28 am

How can you even possibly predict that? ???

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/13/17 at 9:55 am

Nah. If anything it will probably be even better. But we can’t look into the future tho

Written By: bchris02 on 10/13/17 at 10:30 am

I personally think 2017 has been a really good year for music IMO. I’ve looked on the thread “2017: The year in music” and I listened to the songs that people put and literally almost every single one of them was catchy. It honestly makes me wonder how the 2020’s will be for music.

I agree.  The music in 2017 has been a bright spot in what otherwise has been a very dark year.

Written By: John Titor on 10/13/17 at 11:18 am

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/13/17 at 12:03 pm

I've heard of funk itself what is "future funk"? ???

Future Funk was is a subgenre of Vaporwave that was created back in 2012. It's kind of like if the internet made its own kind of funk. Future Funk is similar to Disco House/Nu-Disco/French House in that the artists make songs that uses sounds from other songs as well as adding in some new sounds into the tracks.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/13/17 at 12:50 pm

Yeah I predict music in the 2020s will be worse as well.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/17 at 12:58 pm

Yeah I predict music in the 2020s will be worse as well.
The only music that will stand out then will be from movie soundtracks, but at times now it sounds all the same.

Written By: Howard on 10/13/17 at 1:30 pm

Future Funk was is a subgenre of Vaporwave that was created back in 2012. It's kind of like if the internet made its own kind of funk. Future Funk is similar to Disco House/Nu-Disco/French House in that the artists make songs that uses sounds from other songs as well as adding in some new sounds into the tracks.

being as I'm old school, I prefer the funk from the past.

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/13/17 at 7:12 pm

Can it get much lower?

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/13/17 at 7:45 pm

being as I'm old school, I prefer the funk from the past.

Sadly funk is pretty much dead these days. A lot of funk and funk inspired genres aren't really played or listened to my the mainstream. Funk is dead. Funk inspired genres like Disco is dead. House is only funky when depending on the subgenre (Funky House for example....which has was only popular in the early-mid 00s) yet the only big house genres now are electro-house and progressive house which aren't funky, Nu-Disco has its funk replaced with "lush synth sounds", Hip Hop used to be funky, but when Gangsta Rap took over the funk was just sortof gone to me, New Jack Swing's mainstream popularity ended in late '92/early '93, I swear Soul lost its funk as over half the songs aren't even danceable and funky anymore.

Nowadays if I want to get some current funk music I have to look to Future Funk or listen to funk tracks by old artists. Current mainstream music isn't funky outside of a few artists like Bruno Mars.

Written By: LooseBolt on 10/14/17 at 7:15 am

I predict music of the 2020s will be worse than the 2010s because music of the 2010s was worse than music of the 2000s. And because music of the 2000s was worse than music of the 1990s. And because music of the 1990s was worse than music of the 1980s... And...

We need to get back to when the music real.

Written By: graciee on 10/14/17 at 7:30 am

I do not like today’s rap music I don’t understand it and they do not make sense. They all sound identical

Written By: prodanny288 on 10/14/17 at 11:22 am

I do not like today’s rap music I don’t understand it and they do not make sense. They all sound identical

This so f*cking much. Back then rap made you want to dance, now it's making you want to use Google Translate to get what the hell they're saying.

Written By: LooseBolt on 10/14/17 at 12:09 pm

What do people think of Tyler, the Creator then? Or Death Grips? Personally I think they're both pretty dope.

Written By: Howard on 10/14/17 at 2:53 pm

Sadly funk is pretty much dead these days. A lot of funk and funk inspired genres aren't really played or listened to my the mainstream. Funk is dead. Funk inspired genres like Disco is dead. House is only funky when depending on the subgenre (Funky House for example....which has was only popular in the early-mid 00s) yet the only big house genres now are electro-house and progressive house which aren't funky, Nu-Disco has its funk replaced with "lush synth sounds", Hip Hop used to be funky, but when Gangsta Rap took over the funk was just sortof gone to me, New Jack Swing's mainstream popularity ended in late '92/early '93, I swear Soul lost its funk as over half the songs aren't even danceable and funky anymore.

Nowadays if I want to get some current funk music I have to look to Future Funk or listen to funk tracks by old artists. Current mainstream music isn't funky outside of a few artists like Bruno Mars.

Nope, funk is just a state of mind, it is not dead at all. ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/14/17 at 2:54 pm

I agree, I prefer the rap from the past.

Check for new replies or respond here...