inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What year do you think trap rap will fade?

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/09/17 at 4:59 pm

2013-2016 to me feels like when trap was mostly relevant this year to,but not as much and with actually not trap hip hop starting to pop up again :Di was wondering how long to trap rap is mostly finished so hip hop can be at least somewhat good again thanks for answering.

Subject: Re: What year do you think trap rap will fade?

Written By: bchris02 on 10/09/17 at 5:00 pm

2013-2016 to me feels like when trap was mostly relevant this year to,but not as much and with actually not trap hip hop starting to pop up again :Di was wondering how long to trap rap is mostly finished so hip hop can be at least somewhat good again thanks for answering.

2019 or 2020 in my opinion.  Despite a few signs of change, 2017 was still very much a trap year.

Written By: prodanny288 on 10/09/17 at 9:46 pm

Might start fading out by 2020, then it’ll be completely dead by the mid 2020’s

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/09/17 at 10:51 pm

I hope by next year. I got tired of it that I can't even listen to non-trap rap on Pandora anymore without encountering those types of songs.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/09/17 at 11:03 pm

Ummm....are you living under a rock? Trap is everywhere this year, there's too much of it like in 2016.

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/10/17 at 12:53 am

Needs to be dead by the end of this decade. Hip Hop is a very rapid changing genre. Soon Trap will be replaced by something new very soon. Either regular hip hop or some hip new genre called Rapsessive or Hopstastic or whatever.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 10/10/17 at 10:00 am

Hopefully within the next three years.

It is so cringeworthy to even think of in my opinion. When people look back at it years from now, they'd probably realize how silly of a trend it really was.

Written By: Escondudo on 10/10/17 at 10:45 am

Why does everyone here hate trap music? I think it's awesome  8) . It wouldn't be popular if people didn't like it, so I think I'm in the majority of the population.

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/10/17 at 11:15 am

Why does everyone here hate trap music? I think it's awesome  8) . It wouldn't be popular if people didn't like it, so I think I'm in the majority of the population.

Beats that aren't catchy, Less emphasis on lyricism, samey flow/delivery that would've been considered "biting" in any other era, etc.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/10/17 at 10:38 pm

Hopefully within the next three years.

It is so cringeworthy to even think of in my opinion. When people look back at it years from now, they'd probably realize how silly of a trend it really was.
Oh, they sure will. It's going to be considered worse than Snap rap.

Beats that aren't catchy, Less emphasis on lyricism, samey flow/delivery that would've been considered "biting" in any other era, etc.
This.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/11/17 at 6:26 am

Ummm....are you living under a rock? Trap is everywhere this year, there's too much of it like in 2016.
yeah yeah yeah it's everywhere but definitely not like 2016.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/11/17 at 6:31 am

no offense please don't get offended but if this isn't you playing around saying this then this won't refer to you,but trap is one of the worst if not the worst music genre ever there is no talent needed,no vibes,no work to be put in all those fake rappers talk about all day is money,smoking terrible drugs,drinking lean(awful)and doing the Nasty with women all the time it's terrible like I don't know why people listen to trap they must be a little not right upstairs in their head to say trap is good music 90% of it is really awful to the max.And trap is way worse than snap rap.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/11/17 at 7:05 am

I love trap rap. Wouldn’t want it to die anytime soon

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/11/17 at 7:17 am

I love trap rap. Wouldn’t want it to die anytime soon
honestly just thinking I don't see trap rap lasting past 2018.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/12/17 at 10:29 pm

It will start declining some time next year and by 2019 it will be mostly gone from the mainstream I think.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/13/17 at 10:01 am

honestly just thinking I don't see trap rap lasting past 2018.

I think that’s a little bit too soon IMO. I honestly can’t see it lasting ten years from now. Between 2018-2023, give or take, it might start fading and it’ll be long dead by like 2025

Check for new replies or respond here...