inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: To the people who are leaving this site.

Written By: John Titor on 10/10/17 at 6:57 pm

A NEW generation is taking over, you sound like old 50 year olds complaining that a Frisbee fell on your lawn.
Really old dust heads.

With the exception of bchris02 he is a good poster.

This is a NEW generation, someone else claimed to have left, and he came back 2 weeks later.

OLD DUST HEADS

Subject: Re: To the people who are leaving this site.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/10/17 at 7:37 pm

People have reasons for leaving the site. In most cases, there's something which causes them to make that decision. If you have a problem with that, I don't care. In fact, it wouldn't worry me if you did decide to leave the site, because you add nothing.

Written By: 2001 on 10/10/17 at 7:49 pm

C'mon now, don't be like that. The main and probably only thing I don't like about this site is that people can have such huge and hurtful arguments over something so miniscule or irrelevant. Not to say I'm a saint or anything, I've done it a few times too. It happens every now and then. But now it seems like every thread I open there's always snide comments or a huge fight. Is "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything" so difficult to follow? Another protip.... just agree with one or two things the other person said or "I see where you're coming from" and move on. You'll find that whether the early 2010s started in 2006 or 2009 or 2023 has no impact on your life. ;D

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/10/17 at 7:56 pm

C'mon now, don't be like that. The main and probably only thing I don't like about this site is that people can have such huge and hurtful arguments over something so miniscule or irrelevant. Not to say I'm a saint or anything, I've done it a few times too. It happens every now and then. But now it seems like every thread I open there's always snide comments or a huge fight. Is "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything" so difficult to follow? Another protip.... just agree with the person with one or two things the other person said or "I see where you're coming from" and move on. You'll find that whether the early 2010s started in 2006 or 2009 or 2023 has no impact on your life. ;D
People getting so salty and rude over discussions on pop culture. Not even like the stuff we mention are 100% true. Rather just stuff we throw out for discussion yet users are somehow making crazy arguments out of it. What I liked about this place is that the users are normally mature. If you get upset over someone's heavily opinionated claim because that person didn't agree with your heavily opinionated claim then please don't bother making posts if it will just end with you making rude comments. This isn't the place for that.

If someone doesn't agree with me I'm not going to have any crazy arguments and start being mean. Like I said I'm not going to get mad because someone with an opinionated claim doesn't believe my own opinionated claim. Unless you're giving charts or news with real world facts then almost everything discussed is just us throwing out ideas for discussion (which is fine by me as that is what we've always been doing).

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/10/17 at 8:00 pm

If you get upset over someone's heavily opinionated claim because that person didn't agree with your heavily opinionated claim then please don't bother making posts if it will just end with you making rude comments. This isn't the place for that.

No, it's not the case of getting upset over someone's heavily opinionated claim. It's the fact that it's a completely ridiculous thread and shouldn't have been created in the first place. People have reasons for leaving the site. Very rarely do people leave just for the sake of it. How is this thread even a discussion of pop culture anyway? It's just dribble, that's what it is. Last I checked, disrespecting members who leave is not called "discussion".

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/10/17 at 8:01 pm

A NEW generation is taking over, you sound like old 50 year olds complaining that a Frisbee fell on your lawn.
Really old dust heads.

This is a NEW generation, someone else claimed to have left, and he came back 2 weeks later.

OLD DUST HEADS

You're not making the situation any better with this post. You basically made a thread to call out certain users. I'm not going to criticize your decision, but would recommend trying to see from the other user's perspectives.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/10/17 at 8:03 pm

OLD DUST HEADS

Rude, disrespectful individual.

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/10/17 at 8:08 pm

No, it's not the case of getting upset over someone's heavily opinionated claim. It's the fact that it's a completely ridiculous thread and shouldn't have been created in the first place. People have reasons for leaving the site. Very rarely do people leave just for the sake of it. How is this thread even a discussion of pop culture anyway? It's just dribble, that's what it is. Last I checked, disrespecting members who leave is not called "discussion".

Never said that disrespecting members was discussion. 'I know the differences. And I'm talking about other threads where the arguments pop up in. This thread shouldn't exist as it does nothing but call others out for no real good reason. And I'm aware that people leave this site for specific reasons (either due to repetitive topics, toxic users, personal life matters etc etc we all go through them).

What I'm referring to is when in other threads where people would talk about something. Someone doesn't agree with the other and then an argument starts. Arguing over different opinions is what they basically are and it's not needed.  This thread is doing nothing but trying to bother old users for a reason I just don't understand. I don't want users to not want to come on a pop culture website all because of some immature users (not referring to you just in general).

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/10/17 at 8:10 pm

The thing that most annoys me about this thread, is the fact that the user who created it completely disregards others peoples perspectives. When I was about to leave, it had hurt me personally and I really wasn't in a great mindset at all. Other members who leave have a reason for wanting to. It's not just because they choose to. It can be something which has upset them and made them feel miserable. But no, apparently we're all "old dust heads"...

Written By: Brian06 on 10/10/17 at 8:10 pm

Everybody has their own reasons that they may want to leave at a certain time. Maybe they got tired of the board at least for the moment. People get in different moods at different times too. Maybe they’re just in an angry stretch. You don’t know what’s going on in their personal lives either. It is best just to wish them well whether they come back soon or not.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/10/17 at 9:29 pm

New generation? Dude, I think you're way too late for that. There's actually been a boom of new active users for the past few years ;D.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/10/17 at 9:35 pm

I guess that I'm an "OLD DUST HEAD".

Written By: Slim95 on 10/11/17 at 12:08 am

I don't mind it but for myself, I would just leave without making a thread on it. Then if I want to come back I will. I don't feel the need to announce it to anyone if I do leave. It doesn't take a genius to realize the threads that have been made recently and the petty fights (of which admittedly I get involved in when I have a differing opinion from someone else and they attack me for it) have all had a negative impact on this site. But I don't let it bother me. I will be sticking around for years to come. ;) When the new generation comes I will make fun of them for not being born in 1995, JK  ;D

Written By: HeyJealousy on 10/11/17 at 1:04 am

"Old dust head"
That's an innovative insult

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/11/17 at 1:12 am

Does that make me an "OLD DUST HEAD"?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/11/17 at 1:14 am

Does that make me an "OLD DUST HEAD"?

We all are, apparently.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/11/17 at 1:16 am

We all are, apparently.
Certainly grey, but no dust!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/11/17 at 1:18 am

Certainly grey, but no dust!

HAHA. Never change Philip...never change ;D.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/11/17 at 1:21 am

HAHA. Never change Philip...never change ;D.
O0

Written By: Howard on 10/11/17 at 2:56 pm

They argue back and forth so much.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 10/11/17 at 2:57 pm

Rude, disrespectful individual.

I'm not a dust head! >:(

Written By: Howard on 10/11/17 at 2:58 pm

Would that make me one too? ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/11/17 at 3:12 pm

Would that make me one too? ???

According to John Titor, you are :-X.

Written By: John Titor on 10/11/17 at 3:44 pm

The thing that most annoys me about this thread, is the fact that the user who created it completely disregards others peoples perspectives. When I was about to leave, it had hurt me personally and I really wasn't in a great mindset at all. Other members who leave have a reason for wanting to. It's not just because they choose to. It can be something which has upset them and made them feel miserable. But no, apparently we're all "old dust heads"...

People keep posting in threads they don't like

SO STOP lol

If you don't like someones opinion stop posting in the thread

Written By: John Titor on 10/11/17 at 3:45 pm

nah

Written By: John Titor on 10/11/17 at 3:45 pm

THE reason why I made this thread was to make a mockery of the people making a thread saying

I AM LEAVING, you don't have to announce to us you are leaving JUST GO

Written By: John Titor on 10/11/17 at 3:46 pm

I'm not a dust head! >:(

Howard you are not a dust head, I am referring to the people who are getting their panties in a twist

Written By: Howard on 10/11/17 at 3:51 pm

According to John Titor, you are :-X.

oh well, so be it. :(

Written By: John Titor on 10/11/17 at 3:52 pm

oh well, so be it. :(

I just said you arent

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/11/17 at 5:03 pm

THE reason why I made this thread was to make a mockery of the people making a thread saying

I AM LEAVING, you don't have to announce to us you are leaving JUST GO

No one cares what you think about it, jerk.

Written By: #Infinity on 10/11/17 at 8:12 pm

No one cares what you think about it, jerk.

Nor does he care what we think, apparently.

Subject: To the people who are leaving this site.

Written By: Dude111 on 10/12/17 at 1:04 am

Well its MUCH WORSE now than it was in the 70s John!! (And everyday gets more worse)

Written By: Howard on 10/12/17 at 5:30 am

To the people who are leaving this site:

I wish you all in your future endeavors.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/12/17 at 5:43 am

To the people who are leaving this site:

I wish you all in your future endeavors.
Ditto!

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/12/17 at 10:38 am

C'mon now, don't be like that. The main and probably only thing I don't like about this site is that people can have such huge and hurtful arguments over something so miniscule or irrelevant. Not to say I'm a saint or anything, I've done it a few times too. It happens every now and then. But now it seems like every thread I open there's always snide comments or a huge fight. Is "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything" so difficult to follow? Another protip.... just agree with one or two things the other person said or "I see where you're coming from" and move on. You'll find that whether the early 2010s started in 2006 or 2009 or 2023 has no impact on your life. ;D

I’m honestly getting sick and tired of these threads that are like “2009 is 100% early 2010’s!” or “2009 was not an early 2010’s year” or “2008 was the first 2010’s year” like it honestly doesn’t matter. It’s kind of like how PerC has them annoying decade kid charts meanwhile inthe00s talks about when early 2010’s culture started.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/12/17 at 1:21 pm

Ok, time for me to chime in. I have been on this site for longer than most people here (not all but many). I have seen people come & go for a variety of reasons. I have seen some really nasty fights which resulted in people leaving or getting banned. There was a time when we used to say that the motto of the board was "We know drama."

Over the years, I have turned down the request to be a mod because of all the drama. I didn't want to get in the middle of it. But, over the last few months or so, we have been bombarded with spammers and since there wasn't any mod around to take care of it, I reluctantly agreed to be a lead mod. That gives me the responsibility to make sure that our members play nice with each other.

I am not one for censoring people so I'm not going to dictate what people can post and what they can't. I have already told Chucky that I'm not going to try to determine what is decadology and what is not. But, I will step in if I think that someone is being belligerent and/or offensive.  This thread is borderline with name-calling and other things that could be considered offensive. I am going on the assumption that we are ALL adults here and should act as such. If a thread doesn't interest you, then don't post in it. If you disagree with someone that is fine and if someone disagrees with you that is fine, too-just don't take it personally. The art of debate is to state your case without insults/name-calling, and other personal attacks. Remember this, if you have to resort to insults and name-calling, then you lost the debate. 

I will leave this thread open so everyone can have their say. If things start heating up again, I will close it!

Now, play nice.

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 10/12/17 at 7:23 pm

Ok, time for me to chime in. I have been on this site for longer than most people here (not all but many). I have seen people come & go for a variety of reasons. I have seen some really nasty fights which resulted in people leaving or getting banned. There was a time when we used to say that the motto of the board was "We know drama."

Over the years, I have turned down the request to be a mod because of all the drama. I didn't want to get in the middle of it. But, over the last few months or so, we have been bombarded with spammers and since there wasn't any mod around to take care of it, I reluctantly agreed to be a lead mod. That gives me the responsibility to make sure that our members play nice with each other.

I am not one for censoring people so I'm not going to dictate what people can post and what they can't. I have already told Chucky that I'm not going to try to determine what is decadology and what is not. But, I will step in if I think that someone is being belligerent and/or offensive.  This thread is borderline with name-calling and other things that could be considered offensive. I am going on the assumption that we are ALL adults here and should act as such. If a thread doesn't interest you, then don't post in it. If you disagree with someone that is fine and if someone disagrees with you that is fine, too-just don't take it personally. The art of debate is to state your case without insults/name-calling, and other personal attacks. Remember this, if you have to resort to insults and name-calling, then you lost the debate. 

I will leave this thread open so everyone can have their say. If things start heating up again, I will close it!

Now, play nice.

Cat

Gah, can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. :D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 10/12/17 at 11:20 pm

Some of you are being really weird as of late. All the activity on this site these days is directed towards "cartoonz omg! my lost childhood!" "the late 2006 shift had ended the 00's we are in the 2010's because cartoon network changed lol omg i wuz a kid in dem dayz" "the 2010's started in 2007 when Chris Brown released Forever." Can't you guys talk about anything other than your childhoods? Nobody wants to talk the 80's or 90's anymore because they only care about putting down the 2010's (the glorious decade of Pitbull) and regurgitating the same "mah childhood omg crtunz" conversations over and over. A lot of you guys are still kids, too! Childhood nostalgia is okay and I understand that it's nice to look back every once in a while but some of you take it way too far and turn it into this unhealthy obsession. When I was in high school, I focused on things happening then, not things that happened when I was 4 years old. If I did the opposite, I wouldn't have been as much of a happy person as I am. I think a lot of you should do the same.

It's no surprise people are leaving when the conversations have no variety and your obsession causes you to post 20 topics about the same thing to reaffirm your opinions because of some dumb confirmation bias.

Written By: 2001 on 10/12/17 at 11:36 pm

Some of you are being really weird as of late. All the activity on this site these days is directed towards "cartoonz omg! my lost childhood!" "the late 2006 shift had ended the 00's we are in the 2010's because cartoon network changed lol omg i wuz a kid in dem dayz" "the 2010's started in 2007 when Chris Brown released Forever." Can't you guys talk about anything other than your childhoods? Nobody wants to talk the 80's or 90's anymore because they only care about putting down the 2010's (the glorious decade of Pitbull) and regurgitating the same "mah childhood omg crtunz" conversations over and over. A lot of you guys are still kids, too! Childhood nostalgia is okay and I understand that it's nice to look back every once in a while but some of you take it way too far and turn it into this unhealthy obsession. When I was in high school, I focused on things happening then, not things that happened when I was 4 years old. If I did the opposite, I wouldn't have been as much of a happy person as I am. I think a lot of you should do the same.

It's no surprise people are leaving when the conversations have no variety and your obsession causes you to post 20 topics about the same thing to reaffirm your opinions because of some dumb confirmation bias.

:\'( but... but...

The last time we had a thread about our "favourite cartoon crush before the late 2006 shift" was quite a while ago! Maybe someone should make another one.

For real though, that's some scalding hot tea.  :(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 10/12/17 at 11:38 pm

I never make those threads... I just reply to them.

I wasn't talking about you, I was just speaking in general.

:\'( but... but...

The last time we had a thread about our "favourite cartoon crush before the late 2006 shift" was quite a while ago! Maybe someone should make another one.

For real though, that's some scalding hot tea.  :(

I believe the "core 2000's ended in late 2006 or at least they were supposed to because the CW changed" thread is pretty recent. You can still talk about which cartoons characters you want to "make it" with before they got redesigned in late 2006. I'm sure it'll be a well accepted addition to the topic. :P

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/13/17 at 1:55 am

Variety mustn't be the "in" thing at the moment. For instance, I created two threads based on music topics (one on demo songs, the other based on good songs from 'ordinary artists/bands') over the past two days, yet they have received no responses. Perhaps if I had of tied them in with the Late 2000s or Early 2010s, they probably would have...  :-\\

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/13/17 at 12:50 pm

Variety mustn't be the "in" thing at the moment. For instance, I created two threads based on music topics (one on demo songs, the other based on good songs from 'ordinary artists/bands') over the past two days, yet they have received no responses. Perhaps if I had of tied them in with the Late 2000s or Early 2010s, they probably would have...  :-\\
There is. I responded to 10 of the top songs topics just yesterday.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/17 at 1:40 pm

Really old dust heads.

OLD DUST HEADS
If you should survive to a hundred and five, look at all you'll derive out of bein' alive.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/13/17 at 2:34 pm

There is. I responded to 10 of the top songs topics just yesterday.

I saw that Haha That was awesome. As far as topics I don't know how to respond to, I can at least give them my view.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/17 at 2:39 pm

I saw that Haha That was awesome. As far as topics I don't know how to respond to, I can at least give them my view.
I don't know how to respond to those threads, I can think 3 to 5 songs for each year, but to find 10 will take time. Let me take notes on that, and I will be posting when I reaching 10 for each year.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/13/17 at 5:15 pm

There was a time when we used to say that the motto of the board was "We know drama."

Now, play nice.

Cat

I remember back to the Good Old Days of the "Anybody Got Money?" thread, and cool posters such as Andrew The Talking Walnut.

So yeah... We know drama!!!! ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/17 at 5:35 pm

I remember back to the Good Old Days of the "Anybody Got Money?" thread, and cool posters such as Andrew The Talking Walnut.

Happy days!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/13/17 at 5:40 pm

OMG! That was the thread about the kid who wanted an ipod. That was too funny.

Cat

Written By: Slim95 on 10/13/17 at 5:56 pm

I LOVE THAT THREAD!  :D Would anybody mind if I revive it?

Written By: LooseBolt on 10/14/17 at 9:09 am

Really old dust heads.

OLD DUST HEADS

I have to disagree. I just registered a month or two ago, and I'm already feeling the attitude you describe. I came here expecting analyses of what makes a particular cultural period unique, about how different works express that identity, what changes we may be observing in our current transition to a new "era," etc., not constantly debating the exact year a cultural period started or sharting on present-day pop culture.

Written By: Howard on 10/14/17 at 2:57 pm

Whatever became of him? ???

Written By: Howard on 10/14/17 at 2:57 pm

I LOVE THAT THREAD!  :D Would anybody mind if I revive it?

go right ahead.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/26/17 at 11:22 am

It's been two weeks now, has anyone else left?

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/26/17 at 10:52 pm

I don't know how to respond to those threads, I can think 3 to 5 songs for each year, but to find 10 will take time. Let me take notes on that, and I will be posting when I reaching 10 for each year.

And posting a new thread for each one and finding an excuse to bump those threads every day for the next 5 years even though you're the only participant.

/I'm over it by now, and don't even mean it personally, but you gotta admit, that's a thing that you do.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/17 at 7:08 am

It's been two weeks now, has anyone else left?

not that I know of.  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...