inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Liam Gallagher gets to number one on his own in the UK charts

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/17 at 3:57 pm

Oasis star Liam Gallagher has topped the charts with his first ever solo album, As You Were. The record sold 103,000 copies in its opening week, more than the rest of the Top 10 combined. According to the Official Charts Company, it is the third fastest-selling album of 2017 behind Ed Sheeran's รท and Rag'n'Bone Man's Human. "I want to thank everyone who bought it," said Gallagher. "I want to thank everyone who helped make it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41613066

Subject: Re: Liam Gallagher gets to number one on his own in the UK charts

Written By: #Infinity on 10/13/17 at 5:34 pm

And, most importantly, I want to thank Noel for pissing me off enough to get my creative process for the album up and off the ground.

Subject: Re: Liam Gallagher gets to number one on his own in the UK charts

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/14/17 at 7:52 pm

But the ridiculous thing is, even though Liam Gallagher has achieved success on the album chart, the success probably won't transpire onto the singles chart. I think "Wall of Glass" reached the Top 25 on the UK charts earlier this year, but considering the massive success of the album, you would expect the singles to be making more of an indent on the singles chart. There's a big discrepancy between the album and singles charts.

Check for new replies or respond here...