inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When did the late 10s transition start?

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/14/17 at 9:18 am

When do you think the late 2010s transition happened or do you think it never happened yet.I think the real late part of this decade/transition will be in 2018 and I think culturally 2017 will be looked back as a mid 10s year even though you might say Trump and the other stuff,but I think 2018-2019 will start the real late 2010s and the late 10s culturally in my opinion will be something like 2018-2021.  so what do you guys think. :D Thanks for answering.

Subject: Re: When did the late 10s transition start?

Written By: prodanny288 on 10/14/17 at 11:08 am

Everything in this decade has felt the same since 2012. I really can't see us having a huge shift like we had back in the 2000's. All I ask for is music to have more diversity again, bring back rock, make rap about fun again, no more crappy EDM songs that all sound the f*cking same. I hope the next decade is more changeful and diverse.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/14/17 at 11:27 am

Everything in this decade has felt the same since 2012. I really can't see us having a huge shift like we had back in the 2000's. All I ask for is music to have more diversity again, bring back rock, make rap about fun again, no more crappy EDM songs that all sound the f*cking same. I hope the next decade is more changeful and diverse.

TBH back in the '00s people were saying similar things. Like in 2007 I always heard "oh today is basically the same as 2002/2003, when is this era going to end". Then you get to 2010/2011 or so and people started realizing how things had changed since the earlier '00s now. The thing is you can't really predict changes and all that. Things are always changing little by little though yeah some years are more significant than others. What will happen is eventually we'll end up in the 2020s and it is 2021/2022 and people will start picking a year where things start seeming kind of dated compared to 2021 and start considering that the "transition to the '20s" maybe began around then. The basic idea is we're solidly in the 2010s still even as the 2020s get closer, and at this point the reference point is simply saying when did it start seeming "solidly '10s" and most pick a point around 2012/2013.

Written By: #Infinity on 10/14/17 at 12:11 pm

Well, at least you're not centering your decadeology around the future this time...although frankly, we need to get through a bit more of the future before we can legitimately respond to this thread.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/14/17 at 12:20 pm

Well, at least you're not centering your decadeology around the future this time...although frankly, we need to get through a bit more of the future before we can legitimately respond to this thread.

Yeah it's kind of like I said that there's constantly little by little change, it's sort like how you get old very little by little. Every second if you want to break it down to that things are actually ever so slightly changing and you are aging ever so slightly. Some might not totally understand it like that but that's really how it happens. It's not like there's really an exact point. Eventually you look back and say oh in so and so year these changes were especially notable, but you can't really predict this stuff. The thing is people will inevitably always point to certain significant years as important and then form their idea of "eras" around that, but there's always these little by little tiny changes occurring.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 10/14/17 at 2:37 pm

When do you think the late 2010s transition happened or do you think it never happened yet.

It happened on January 20th when Donald Trump was inaugurated as the 45th President of the United States.

Written By: John Titor on 10/14/17 at 2:39 pm

It started  in November 2016

Written By: HeyJealousy on 10/14/17 at 4:31 pm

I think the "late 2010s" will ultimately be judged as a watered-down extension of the mid-2010s.
By late 2018-2019, I predict a somewhat significant (but gradual) shift in pop culture. Come 2022-2023, we should be in a new era.
So until' June-December 2018, we should be stuck in the same "EDM and trap rap" rut.

Written By: Zelek3 on 10/14/17 at 5:16 pm

November 9, 2016. The atmosphere was shocking and tense that day; not necessarily depression, but uneasiness at what would lie ahead.

Written By: Escondudo on 10/14/17 at 7:15 pm

November 9, 2016. The atmosphere was shocking and tense that day; not necessarily depression, but uneasiness at what would lie ahead.

Probably this, but the technology and pop culture are basically the same as they were in 2015 for most people. We'll have a better assessment in a few years.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/14/17 at 7:32 pm

I remember there being a change in vibe in July 2016, around the time Pokemon GO became huge, Tarzan was released in cinemas, and pop-punk bands like Blink-182 and Green Day released new albums. Mind you, I was at a low point in my life and my mindset wasn't great at the time, so that may have influenced things. If I were to sum things up, I would say the transition started in July 2016 and ended on the 9th November 2016, the day after Donald Trump was elected.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/14/17 at 8:11 pm

You've won the thread. Mods, close it.  :P

Written By: Slim95 on 10/14/17 at 11:30 pm

2016 was the late 10s transition. There is no other "real 10s" we are in the late 10s right now and have been for a while. The next transition that happens whether that's next year, 2019, or even later will be of the early 2020s. We are already in the late 10s now, still in the core 10s too though.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/14/17 at 11:32 pm

2nd half of 2016 was when it started.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/14/17 at 11:35 pm

I think the "late 2010s" will ultimately be judged as a watered-down extension of the mid-2010s.
By late 2018-2019, I predict a somewhat significant (but gradual) shift in pop culture. Come 2022-2023, we should be in a new era.
So until' June-December 2018, we should be stuck in the same "EDM and trap rap" rut.

Yes, this exactly. This is exactly how I see the late 2010s as well. Similar to what happened in the '00s. The late '10s are similar to the mid '10s with a couple differences then ultimately the next decade's culture will arrive near the end of this decade. What we are in now is the core 2010s, but we are still in the late 2010s as well now.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/15/17 at 7:19 am

It was earlier than that, with the uneasiness. It was some time in July or so, when it became a reality that either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton will be our next president, and we're going to be f***ed either way.

I agree with others about late 2016. It just did not feel the same as the first have of '16, or 2015. That was actually a good period of the mid-2010's that I can look back on. Not great, but better than late 2013-2014. At the same time 2015 and 16 had horrific news events, one after another such as mass shootings and terrorist attacks, plus a lot of SJ issues. Coincidentally, my personal life went down hill in late '16 as I was constantly hearing bad news about my family and had 3 deaths within a 3 month period (last two within a week).

Written By: John Titor on 10/15/17 at 11:13 am

The late 2010s
started when people on here started making threads
such as

Did we just enter late 2010s?
Which was around September- Nov 2016

Written By: Slim95 on 10/15/17 at 12:46 pm

The late 2010s
started when people on here started making threads
such as

Did we just enter late 2010s?
Which was around September- Nov 2016

Pretty much. I've seen signs earlier than that but it is pretty safe to say late 2010s culture started on time (September 2016 which is the actual numerical start of the late 2010s).

Written By: Brian06 on 10/15/17 at 4:57 pm

2016 and 2017 are mostly identical and horrible years. I don't notice much of any difference between any part of 2016 really and now. If you go back to like early 2015 maybe that's like a little different with no Trump and all the junk revolving around him. I mean 2014 still sucked really but it wasn't quite as crazy then either.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/23/17 at 8:05 pm

Fall of 2016 was the beginning of the transition and the transition to the late 2010s was done with by the time we got to the summer 2017.
Although you could say the late 2010s STARTED in the fall of 2016. I still believe MID summer 2017.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/23/17 at 8:29 pm

Although we are now in a new era, it's still pretty much the core 10s which may not end until mid 2018 like mid 2008 was the end of the core naughties(00s).
There are still things going on that we like to associate with the core 10s. Although there have been quite a few changes I've kinda noticed.

Written By: Zelek3 on 10/23/17 at 8:50 pm

Happy birthday Eric.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/23/17 at 8:55 pm

Happy birthday Eric.

Thank you Max!! ;)

Written By: bchris02 on 10/23/17 at 9:47 pm

This year, specifically this summer.

Trump is in office, things aren't quite as liberal, music is getting better, and long hair on guys is coming back.  Hipster fashion is still relevant but it's starting to get a little long in the tooth.  Things are headed in the direction of being cleaner and more stylish.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/23/17 at 9:49 pm

Fall of 2016 was the beginning of the transition and the transition to the late 2010s was done with by the time we got to the summer 2017.
Although you could say the late 2010s STARTED in the fall of 2016. I still believe MID summer 2017.

Happy Bday Eric its been a while ;)!

Also yeah I fully agree with your statement. Certain things that are associated with the mid 2010's such as neo teen pop, EDM, Gravity Falls, Gamergate, Wii U/PS Vita, among other things have seemed to take a back seat since around Winter 2016/2017. Of course this is not to mention the jarring difference in political tone with Trump in office. In many ways 2014/2015 seem very different politically to now, even though 2014 was sort of what kicked off this sense of malaise into high gear (which some would argue led to the rise of Trump).

Heck even core 2010's trends like hipsterism, indie, disco revival, trap, seem to have stagnated in popularity and thus are probably on their last legs. 2017 may gone down as the last 100% core 2010's year, I agree that the core 10's would probably start dying off in 2018.

Written By: Zelek3 on 10/23/17 at 10:02 pm

As I said before, I'm standing with November 9, 2016. That's when the feelings of "2010s apprehensiveness" and "the 2010s are a crazy self-parody of real life" kicked into high gear. Before that, it was building up, but not as apparent.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/23/17 at 10:25 pm

This year, specifically this summer.

Trump is in office, things aren't quite as liberal, music is getting better, and long hair on guys is coming back.  Hipster fashion is still relevant but it's starting to get a little long in the tooth.  Things are headed in the direction of being cleaner and more stylish.

Hey Chris long time no see. But yep you are spot on with your statement. baggier clothing making a comeback, the crazy bearded hipster look fading, new music is becoming less pop sounding. A MUCH more intense macho type of vibe is starting to take place. I kinda dig it.

Happy Bday Eric its been a while ;) !

Also yeah I fully agree with your statement. Certain things that are associated with the mid 2010's such as neo teen pop, EDM, Gravity Falls, Gamergate, Wii U/PS Vita, among other things have seemed to take a back seat since around Winter 2016/2017. Of course this is not to mention the jarring difference in political tone with Trump in office. In many ways 2014/2015 seem very different politically to now, even though 2014 was sort of what kicked off this sense of malaise into high gear (which some would argue led to the rise of Trump).

Heck even core 2010's trends like hipsterism, indie, disco revival, trap, seem to have stagnated in popularity and thus are probably on their last legs. 2017 may gone down as the last 100% core 2010's year, I agree that the core 10's would probably start dying off in 2018.

Thanks Zelda ! :)

Yeah I was just telling Markese(UltaGamerDog) this in a private message chat, But there has been a kind of culture shift similar to the 2006 shift, although not AS big. The backlash against the Obama years has JUST started to take place. For example, We getting back to a testosterone type culture, movies like Baby Driver, Dunkirk, Logan, Spider-man Homecoming were all PRIME examples of that. Also, the trailers for the new Thor film had that good ol testosterone feel to it. :o :o :o

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/23/17 at 11:01 pm

Hey Chris long time no see. But yep you are spot on with your statement. baggier clothing making a comeback, the crazy bearded hipster look fading, new music is becoming less pop sounding. A MUCH more intense macho type of vibe is starting to take place. I kinda dig it.
Thanks Zelda ! :)

Yeah I was just telling Markese(UltaGamerDog) this in a private message chat, But there has been a kind of culture shift similar to the 2006 shift, although not AS big. The backlash against the Obama years has JUST started to take place. For example, We getting back to a testosterone type culture, movies like Baby Driver, Dunkirk, Logan, Spider-man Homecoming were all PRIME examples of that. Also, the trailers for the new Thor film had that good ol testosterone feel to it. :o :o :o

No problem man! Hows it feel being 22?

Also that and Television has also seen a major masculine/right wing shift such as the premiere of three major wartime dramas Valor, Seal Team, and The Brave and with shows primarily featuring Millennial professionals like Dynasty (a reboot of the 80's classic), The Good Doctor, and For The People, along with continued popularity for shows like Scandal and Empire also featuring primarily young and ambitious Millennials. Of course its not like the 80's in which the shows today are very diverse in different racial, religious, and sexual backgrounds, so its as right wing as you're going to get in a 2010's type of world.

Your typical Alt-Righter would still think most of TV/Movies is 'Globalist Left Wing Dogma!', but for the most part, most conservatives will be contempt with the gradual right wing changes happening among pop culture now.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/23/17 at 11:04 pm

As I said before, I'm standing with November 9, 2016. That's when the feelings of "2010s apprehensiveness" and "the 2010s are a crazy self-parody of real life" kicked into high gear. Before that, it was building up, but not as apparent.

I agree. Personally one could make the claim that the transition started in summer 2016 with the popularity of VR/AR getting big coinciding with fad of Pokemon Go, Many Neo Teen Pop artists (Grande, JB, Trainor) transitioning into more 'mature' sounds, and the shocking election of Brexit among other things. But I do agree that it was definitely November 9th of that year that sort of materialized that we were no longer safely within the 'Obama Era' of society and that we were transitioning into a new era.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/23/17 at 11:25 pm

Also that and Television has also seen a major masculine/right wing shift such as the premiere of three major wartime dramas Valor, Seal Team, and The Brave and with shows primarily featuring Millennial professionals like Dynasty (a reboot of the 80's classic), The Good Doctor, and For The People, along with continued popularity for shows like Scandal and Empire also featuring primarily young and ambitious Millennials. Of course its not like the 80's in which the shows today are very diverse in different racial, religious, and sexual backgrounds, so its as right wing as you're going to get in a 2010's type of world.

Your typical Alt-Righter would still think most of TV/Movies is 'Globalist Left Wing Dogma!', but for the most part, most conservatives will be contempt with the gradual right wing changes happening among pop culture now.

It feels INSANE being 22. It truly does feel like I "came of age this year" this year. I'm now paying some of my own bills, got a hard part time job while trying to keep up with school work.
And you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT on the last statements, Television also experienced a big shift you still have your GOT, TWD, Big Bang, Better Caul Saul, Transparent, OINB, How to get Away with murder, AHS(which are ALL core 10s shows), but you've got this newer group, This Is Us, Lethal Weapon Reboot, SEAL, SWAT team, Good Doctor, Young Sheldon, BULL, Riverdale, Dynasty reboot, Atlanta etc. series that have either a more conservative type feel or good ol laid back testosterone driven fun type of series.
It's truly remarkable how a couple of things shifted. :o  You even had other series like Will & Grace, Twin Peaks, Curb your enthusiasm, and animated series like Samurai jack, Dragon Ball, Young Justice(2018) all made comebacks too! :D

Written By: #Infinity on 10/23/17 at 11:46 pm

Late 2010s music still has little to no identity. Like I've mentioned before, ballads like "Praying," "Sign of the Times," and "Too Good At Goodbyes" are really absolutely no different, stylistically, from what was already everywhere in the mid-2010s. "Take Me to Church," "Hello," "All of Me," "Stay with Me," and "7 Years," and "Lost Boy" are perfect examples of non-EDM, mostly somber ballads that wouldn't sound at all out of place alongside the 2017 ballads. Even the current popular artists are pretty much the exact same crew of hitmakers that were already huge throughout the mid-2010s. Right now, the biggest songs are by Sam Smith, Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheeran, new Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Demi Lovato, and such. 2017 has produced almost no brand new stars, or at least not many of significant stature. The closest equivalents would be Camila Cabello, who so far looks like she may turn out to be the definitive pop starlet of the late 2010s, despite coming from a mid-2010s group; any of the former members of One Direction, another mid-2010s (and partially early 2010s, in this case) pop ensemble; and Jake Paul, whose singles are more infamous through YouTube than actual chart success.

Technology-wise, I suppose the Nintendo Switch decently distinguishes 2017 gaming from mid-2010s gaming, but it's still not entirely established yet and it seems like the PS4 is still the dominant console. VR may still be in stores, but it still hasn't become any kind of phenomenon, either.

By the looks of it, Stranger Things will probably go down as the definitive television show of the late 2010s, at least in terms of popularity. It only premiered last year, but it's supposedly going to conclude after four seasons, meaning it'll be over around 2019 or 2020. Being heavily influenced by Stephen King, it's also stylistically extremely similar to the theatrical It, which in itself will certainly go down as defining the late 2010s in cinema, especially since its sequel comes out in 2019. Don't be surprised if a lot of movies and shows in the coming few years take more than a few cues from this Stephen King Renaissance.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/23/17 at 11:52 pm

Late 2010s music still has little to no identity. Like I've mentioned before, ballads like "Praying," "Sign of the Times," and "Too Good At Goodbyes" are really absolutely no different, stylistically, from what was already everywhere in the mid-2010s. "Take Me to Church," "Hello," "All of Me," "Stay with Me," and "7 Years," and "Lost Boy" are perfect examples of non-EDM, mostly somber ballads that wouldn't sound at all out of place alongside the 2017 ballads. Even the current popular artists are pretty much the exact same crew of hitmakers that were already huge throughout the mid-2010s. Right now, the biggest songs are by Sam Smith, Imagine Dragons, Ed Sheeran, new Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Demi Lovato, and such. 2017 has produced almost no brand new stars, or at least not many of significant stature. The closest equivalents would be Camila Cabello, who so far looks like she may turn out to be the definitive pop starlet of the late 2010s, despite coming from a mid-2010s group; any of the former members of One Direction, another mid-2010s (and partially early 2010s, in this case) pop ensemble; and Jake Paul, whose singles are more infamous through YouTube than actual chart success.

Technology-wise, I suppose the Nintendo Switch decently distinguishes 2017 gaming from mid-2010s gaming, but it's still not entirely established yet and it seems like the PS4 is still the dominant console. VR may still be in stores, but it still hasn't become any kind of phenomenon, either.

By the looks of it, Stranger Things will probably go down as the definitive television show of the late 2010s, at least in terms of popularity. It only premiered last year, but it's supposedly going to conclude after four seasons, meaning it'll be over around 2019 or 2020. Being heavily influenced by Stephen King, it's also stylistically extremely similar to the theatrical It, which in itself will certainly go down as defining the late 2010s in cinema, especially since its sequel comes out in 2019. Don't be surprised if a lot of movies and shows in the coming few years take more than a few cues from this Stephen King Renaissance.

Yeah, musically not too much has changed, but It sounds slightly less poppy, well so far. But yeah gaming is starting to change with VR and the switch. Although It won't  FULLY pick up until 2019 probably.
And yes, Stranger Things is ANOTHER series I forgot to mention regarding the TV shift. That and the IT reboot movie are both examples of how things have shifted from totally dark and depressing to dark, good Ol testosterone filled gritty fun.

Written By: Zelek3 on 10/24/17 at 12:35 am

But is TV really becoming more right-wing? Shows coming out now take jabs at Trump frequently, and producers/writers of these shows oftentimes yell "F*ck you orange Hitler" to Trump on Twitter (as if he'll read their tweet, lol).

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/24/17 at 1:57 am

But is TV really becoming more right-wing? Shows coming out now take jabs at Trump frequently, and producers/writers of these shows oftentimes yell "F*ck you orange Hitler" to Trump on Twitter (as if he'll read their tweet, lol).

What Zelda was saying was that the tone of the newer shows has more a conservative approach than most shows from the Obama era. Take away most of the comedy shows and you'll see what he means.

Written By: John Titor on 10/24/17 at 3:43 pm

I have said it here before and I was say it again in pictures of how the late 2010s transition happened and how it got us to where we are now

Early 2016, Full House returns after being off the air for 21 years

(culture still feels like the mid 2010s but with FullHouse back feels a little different)

https://occ-0-337-448.1.nflxso.net/art/d85c4/62d97532af2d7e7179b41b1f0abc0b30cced85c4.jpg

July 2016: The mid 2010s begins to fade

Pokemon  go signals the end fad of the mid 2010s and the end of the main 2010s culture

Late 2010s date wise start in September 2016

https://pinoypokemongo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Research-confirmed-Pok%C3%A9mon-GO-genders-observed-in-the-wild.png

Late 2010s Start

Nov 2016- Jan 2017 Trump becomes president signaling a change in tone of culture and vibe/ The Late 2010s officially start

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/588246461700009f0a92b4ab.jpeg?

Terrorist type attacks at an all time high, and happening almost every day

MTV's TRL returns

http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/arc/images/shows/TRL/trl_01_005_highlight_liza_koshy_interview_5yh3nu6qud.jpg?quality=0.85&width=664&height=374&crop=true

Kim Kardashian declares the selfie is dead

Hollywood changes and becomes new admist a huge scandal
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/171013104935-weinstein-scandal-hollywood-soul-searching-00005717-1024x576.jpg

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/24/17 at 7:01 pm

I have said it here before and I was say it again in pictures of how the late 2010s transition happened and how it got us to where we are now
(culture still feels like the mid 2010s but with FullHouse back feels a little different)

Pokemon  go signals the end fad of the mid 2010s and the end of the main 2010s culture

Late 2010s Start

Nov 2016- Jan 2017 Trump becomes president signaling a change in tone of culture and vibe/ The Late 2010s officially start

MTV's TRL returns

WOW!! :o :o :o  You broke it down NEAR perfectly. ;)

I'm now wondering now that Wenistein is gone, is hollywood going to continue their current approach or are we going to start seeing something new next year?! :o

Written By: Zelek3 on 10/24/17 at 9:04 pm

https://occ-0-337-448.1.nflxso.net/art/d85c4/62d97532af2d7e7179b41b1f0abc0b30cced85c4.jpg

I don't understand how a Netflix reboot that nobody cares about anymore signifies the late 2010s shift.

Written By: John Titor on 10/24/17 at 9:07 pm

I don't understand how a Netflix reboot that nobody cares about anymore signifies the late 2010s shift.

I am using it as a base for how 2016 was vibeing

Written By: Slim95 on 10/25/17 at 12:03 am

A lot of people on here think the late 2010s didn't start yet just because we are still in the core 2010s. Yes, the late 2010s are very similar to the mid 2010s culturally but we are still solidly in the late 2010s now and have been for some time now. It's just we are still in the core 2010s still (I think this will be the last 100% core 2010s year) so people think this is the mid 2010s still, but it's not. I thought we were in the mid '10s in 2016 too but now looking back, I can see how 2016 was a small transitional year into late 2010s culture. Donald Trump is definitely the most defining aspect of the late 2010s.

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/25/17 at 7:20 am

A lot of people on here think the late 2010s didn't start yet just because we are still in the core 2010s. Yes, the late 2010s are very similar to the mid 2010s culturally but we are still solidly in the late 2010s now and have been for some time now. It's just we are still in the core 2010s still (I think this will be the last 100% core 2010s year) so people think this is the mid 2010s still, but it's not. I thought we were in the mid '10s in 2016 too but now looking back, I can see how 2016 was a small transitional year into late 2010s culture. Donald Trump is definitely the most defining aspect of the late 2010s.

Comparing how things were with Obama vs Trump is almost night and day. I've never seen this kind of commotion for a president before. People on alert as they fear Trump is trying to cause another war.

Written By: #Infinity on 10/25/17 at 11:21 am

Personally, I don’t see the point in taking, in earnest, a piece of throwaway tabloid bait from the most spoiled and superficial “celebrity” in the world. I’m pretty sure Snapchat/Instagram culture is still running amuck and will continue to do so for awhile.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/171013104935-weinstein-scandal-hollywood-soul-searching-00005717-1024x576.jpg

Well, it is certainly one of the biggest news stories of 2017, but I don’t see how it’s going to lead to any kind of significant cultural shift in Hollywood. Rape-centric feminism has been an inescapable talking point since like spring 2013. If anything, the current scandal is almost like the Bill Cosby accusations from late 2014 all over again, just with a film producer rather than a television comedian. Besides, those who worked for the Weinstein Company will find employment elsewhere if need be.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/25/17 at 11:37 am

https://pinoypokemongo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Research-confirmed-Pok%C3%A9mon-GO-genders-observed-in-the-wild.png

Late 2010s Start

MTV's TRL returns

http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/arc/images/shows/TRL/trl_01_005_highlight_liza_koshy_interview_5yh3nu6qud.jpg?quality=0.85&width=664&height=374&crop=true

You forgot about Brexit. That was huge in 2016.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/17 at 11:57 am

You forgot about Brexit. That was huge in 2016.
...and Brexit will be even bigger when it comes to time of leaving.

Written By: 2001 on 10/25/17 at 3:17 pm

...and Brexit will be even bigger when it comes to time of leaving.

Which is starting to sound like never, lol.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/25/17 at 3:19 pm

Which is starting to sound like never, lol.
A key date is March 2019, there is to be a lot done before then.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 10/25/17 at 3:36 pm

Late 2010s Start

MTV's TRL returns

We're living in the aftermath of the 2016 election. The late '10s transition started as soon as Trump took office.

Check for new replies or respond here...