inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is anyone else resentful they had to be young in the 2010s?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/17/17 at 3:42 am

My only solution to this is to act like you're young in the 2020s if it gets better otherwise your youth is wasted because it took place in a bad era.

Subject: Re: Is anyone else resentful they had to be young in the 2010s?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/17/17 at 4:07 am

Whatever......I don't feel that way. In fact I am happy that I was young during this decade

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/17/17 at 4:12 am

Whatever......I don't feel that way. In fact I am happy that I was young during this decade

You like the 2010s?

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/17/17 at 4:55 am

You like the 2010s?

Yes. Do you find that surprising? Is it hard to believe? ???

Written By: LooseBolt on 10/17/17 at 5:52 am

Seriously, why does everyone keep sharting on the 2010s? It's not like we lived through the 1930s or something, ffs.

Written By: karen on 10/17/17 at 7:48 am

Seriously, why does everyone keep sharting on the 2010s? It's not like we lived through the 1930s or something, ffs.

It's because everyone wanted to have come of age in the best decade ever - the 1980s!  ;)

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/17/17 at 8:08 am

Yeah, even I'm finding this a bit annoying. Makes it hard to come to the 2010s section when I'm just going to see another "2010's sucks because thread". 2010s has problems in terms of pop culture to me, but I'd be lying if I said there has been days where I haven't found anything within pop culture that I like (whether it's mainstream or not).

Written By: mjstudios97 on 10/17/17 at 12:22 pm

Me too. I can proudly say that I had my adolescence completely in the 2010s without regret. I mean, it's easier to tackle homework or classwork in school because you can just search it on your smartphone..  :D

Also, you never have to get lost ever again and you can be guaranteed a friend because you'll always find people online and that's a clincher.

Written By: bchris02 on 10/17/17 at 1:07 pm

I was an adolescent during the 2000s.  I will say that if I could choose between having been an adolescent in the '00s vs the '10s, I would choose the '10s.  Why?  People, believe it or not, are more respectful of differences and individuality this decade than they were in the '00s.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/17/17 at 1:55 pm

Unpopular opinion, but I think the 2010's is one of the best decades to be a teenager IMO. You've got all these cool apps like Snapchat and Instagram that you can use and getting in touch with friends is easier than ever. People are much nicer and accepting of each other. OP, you should enjoy being young no matter what era you're living in because YOLO

Written By: LooseBolt on 10/17/17 at 2:37 pm

Me too. I can proudly say that I had my adolescence completely in the 2010s without regret. I mean, it's easier to tackle homework or classwork in school because you can just search it on your smartphone..  :D

Also, you never have to get lost ever again and you can be guaranteed a friend because you'll always find people online and that's a clincher.

Seriously, I wish I had a smartphone when I had been in grade school and high school. For fart's sake, even Google was a new thing when I was in middle school. You kids have it so easy. Why, back in my day... *grumble grumble*

(But seriously I can't even imagine how easy homework must be now. I envy the students among you.)

Written By: Lizardmatum on 10/17/17 at 3:00 pm

I was an adolescent during the 2000s.  I will say that if I could choose between having been an adolescent in the '00s vs the '10s, I would choose the '10s.  Why?  People, believe it or not, are more respectful of differences and individuality this decade than they were in the '00s.

This I definitely agree with! No one seems to be believe me when I say this though. As a child in the 2000's I found it was all about conformity,  I was often an outcast whereas today I'm much more accepted.

Written By: musicguy93 on 10/17/17 at 4:52 pm

I could not disagree with you more. In my experience, people are actually LESS accepting of individuality in the 2010s. Society has become so much more homogenized, whereas back in the 2000s, there were still various subgroups that many different people can fit into. Nowadays, it seems like everyone acts, thinks, feels the same, and they all seem to like the same things. I feel more out of place in 2010s than I did in the 2000s. How do you explain this?

Written By: musicguy93 on 10/17/17 at 5:00 pm

Unpopular opinion, but I think the 2010's is one of the best decades to be a teenager IMO. You've got all these cool apps like Snapchat and Instagram that you can use and getting in touch with friends is easier than ever. People are much nicer and accepting of each other. OP, you should enjoy being young no matter what era you're living in because YOLO

First off, I find that sites like Snapchat and Instagram are detrimental to society. Both sites are just pointless social media sites, which just contribute to my feelings of isolation as well as the fakeness of today's society. It seems like people would rather be on these sites than spend time together in real life. And as far as people being nicer and more accepting, I'm calling BS on that too. Personally I take it as a big "f*** you" when people claim that 2010s society is more "accepting". It only seems that way because everyone and everything is the freaking same in this decade. Try being someone like me or unconventional99 in this decade. You wouldn't find this era so "accepting" if you were to step into our shoes for one day.

Written By: musicguy93 on 10/17/17 at 5:03 pm

This I definitely agree with! No one seems to be believe me when I say this though. As a child in the 2000's I found it was all about conformity,  I was often an outcast whereas today I'm much more accepted.

The 2010s are far more conformist. Hipsters, meme lovers, Trap dudebros, Instagram "queens", etc., rule everything. Try being anything else in this decade, and you'll be left in the dust.

Written By: 2001 on 10/17/17 at 5:41 pm

As a gay man, I'm ever so thankful I got to see this decade. In 2008/9 I was suicidal because of the accumulative bullying from 2005-2008. I wish I could go back and tell teen me that the time of my life is right ahead of me! I never would have thought back then that being pro-LGB(T) would become so common and in such a fast period of time. 90% of people saying homosexuality should be accepted? 2007 me (when the number was hovering just under 50% in Canada) would have pegged that at happening in 2040 or 2050, not 2015. ;D

Seriously, I wish I had a smartphone when I had been in grade school and high school. For fart's sake, even Google was a new thing when I was in middle school. You kids have it so easy. Why, back in my day... *grumble grumble*

(But seriously I can't even imagine how easy homework must be now. I envy the students among you.)

Having a smartphone while studying Physics in Uni is the greatest. The Wolfram Alpha app is a godsend. It shows you step by step answers to a lot of math questions.  Also, there's so many tutorials and lectures on YouTube nowadays, which has also been an immense help.

Written By: LooseBolt on 10/17/17 at 6:17 pm

Hate to say it musicguy, but this:

As a gay man, I'm ever so thankful I got to see this decade. In 2008/9 I was suicidal because of the accumulative bullying from 2005-2008. I wish I could go back and tell teen me that the time of my life is right ahead of me! I never would have thought back then that being pro-LGB(T) would become so common and in such a fast period of time. 90% of people saying homosexuality should be accepted? 2007 me (when the number was hovering just under 50% in Canada) would have pegged that at happening in 2040 or 2050, not 2015. ;D

Is a big part of why you'd be wrong about the '00s being more accepting than the '10s. A big part.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/17/17 at 6:27 pm

I could not disagree with you more. In my experience, people are actually LESS accepting of individuality in the 2010s. Society has become so much more homogenized, whereas back in the 2000s, there were still various subgroups that many different people can fit into. Nowadays, it seems like everyone acts, thinks, feels the same, and they all seem to like the same things. I feel more out of place in 2010s than I did in the 2000s. How do you explain this?
yeah no offense to people who like this decade,but there ain't nothing special about the 2010s except the tech but pop culturally,musically,entertainment wise it's garbage to t.the 2010s will easily be disposed of like the 1930s.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/17/17 at 6:32 pm

no offense but Snapchat is garbage in my opinion and I would not brag about those things because look what they do to society making it worse than the 2000s and the 2000s I feel are more accepting than the 2010s this decade has some of the corniest music ever and terrible rap period I will definitely say this decade is the 1930s lite and if we end up going to war with North Korea it will definitely be the 1930s lite.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/17/17 at 6:38 pm

snapchat and instagram are lame and only make society worse you don't think so we'll just look at America today.The music also sucks and is making people stupid and dumbing down with trap rap like you can't even hear those artist.basically what I'm trying to say is the technology is a cover up because without it this decade would be a complete chaos circle.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/17/17 at 6:50 pm

Yeah. I've felt that way because I wish I had more money to go out and travel around the world and go clubbing with friends and family. I wish there was more variety in the mainstream whether it's music, movies, games etc. and I wish we were in a culture where no one is offended by everything.

You never have to get lost ever again and you can be guaranteed a friend because you'll always find people online and that's a clincher.
I'm having trouble on what you mean by this statement. Are you talking meeting others online and playing video games with them or in general?

Seriously, I wish I had a smartphone when I had been in grade school and high school. For fart's sake, even Google was a new thing when I was in middle school. You kids have it so easy. Why back in my day... *grumble grumble*

You know that experience exists in college right?. I've been able to use my smartphone to complete a lot of classwork (and homework)

Is a big part of why you'd be wrong about the '00s being more accepting than the '10s. A big part.
He was talking about individuality, not necessarily a group.

Written By: graciee on 10/17/17 at 7:17 pm

No! The 2010s are a very good decade! I am happy to be living in it and I am very lucky to be a 2010s teenager. We will look back on this decade and remember alot of good stuff. I will miss this decade very much when it ends. People never appreciate what they have until it is gone.

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/17/17 at 7:27 pm

My only solution to this is to act like you're young in the 2020s if it gets better otherwise your youth is wasted because it took place in a bad era.

Not this again.  >:(

You're born when you're born. If you just can't stand the pop culture of the times that's a personal problem. You should always be able to find something in life that makes you happy regardless of what's popular.

The 2010s are far more conformist. Hipsters, meme lovers, Trap dudebros, Instagram "queens", etc., rule everything. Try being anything else in this decade, and you'll be left in the dust.

I'm not a hipster, I don't obsess over social media anymore, and I'm not wild about most of the top 40 music. Yes, I'm older than the age those things are targeted at more or less, but you know what I mean. I was a teenager last decade and a bit of a misfit to boot, and still found things I liked and other people who felt the same. What makes you so different from everyone now?

Yeah. I've felt that way because I wish I had more money to go out and travel around the world and go clubbing with friends and family. I wish there was more variety in the mainstream whether it's music, movies, games etc. and I wish we were in a culture where no one is offended by everything.
I'm having trouble on what you mean by this statement. Are you talking meeting others online and playing video games with them or in general?
You know that experience exists in college right?. I've been able to use my smartphone to complete a lot of classwork (and homework)
He was talking about individuality, not necessarily a group.

Being broke sucks. Even when you're working it doesn't get easier. You can afford to go somewhere, but can't find the time or people to go with. I feel like I missed out on things in most of my 20's. I went clubbing once and it was fun, but I'm more of the concert type. I will go myself to those if I don't have a choice, because I'm sick of not doing things. I don't see what people mean when they say movies and games have no variety. They come out with new stuff all the time. Not everyone likes those dumb Marvel movies and remakes that get advertised at every turn. There are alternatives. I'm with you 100% about how everything is considered offensive and blown up into a big deal over not much. That's the biggest downside to life right now and I hope it's just a passing phase, but there's always a bright side too.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/17/17 at 9:24 pm

Being broke sucks. Even when you're working it doesn't get easier. You can afford to go somewhere, but can't find the time or people to go with. I feel like I missed out on things in most of my 20's. I went clubbing once and it was fun, but I'm more of the concert type. I will go myself to those if I don't have a choice because I'm sick of not doing things. I don't see what people mean when they say movies and games have no variety. They come out with new stuff all the time. Not everyone likes those dumb Marvel movies and remakes that get advertised at every turn. There are alternatives. I'm with you 100% about how everything is considered offensive and blown up into a big deal over not much. That's the biggest downside to life right now and I hope it's just a passing phase, but there's always a bright side too.
It really does, and it's even worse when one has a decent paycheck, but it's not enough to go out to eat or go clubbing with friends. I agree with the time though because that's definitely an issue most of us are struggling with.

What I mean by variety is that I want to see more themes and genres being explored and just not with movies either. I don't have a problem with the superhero films at all, but I wanna see other genres in today's movies as well. For video games, I've seen less racing, fighting, RPG, platformers and even puzzle ones. I like shooters and sports games and all, but I want to see more of the others again. There's not much of those you can find in this era. For music, there too much EDM and Trap rap, and not enough of everything else. I wanna see R&B, Rock/Alternative, Non-trap hip-hop and other types of electronic music in the mainstream again. For themes, there's way too much "dark and serious" in almost everything. It would be great if lighter themes are shown again. There has to be a balance.

Yeah, I hope this is a phase too. I don't remember anyone getting this offended over everything 5 years or even a decade ago.l

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/17/17 at 9:29 pm

I can't wait to check back on this board in 10 years to see how much everyone is hating the 2020s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/17/17 at 9:31 pm

I can't wait to check back on this board in 10 years to see how much everyone is hating the 2020s.
You sure? I don't think the haters of the 10s will be hating on the 2020s.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/17/17 at 9:36 pm

You sure? I don't think the haters of the 10s will be hating on the 2020s.

Why not? Change does not equal change for the better. Why do people keep assuming that? We don't know what the 2020s will bring. Everyone always thinks the grass is greener on the other side but you get to the other side and you realize there's tons of bullcrap going on there too. Even of things change for the better, they might not be what you consider to be better.

I've gone through the archives of decade forums and people are always crapping on the eras they live in. The b!tching is neverending.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/17/17 at 9:48 pm

Why not? Change does not equal change for the better. Why do people keep assuming that? We don't know what the 2020s will bring. Everyone always thinks the grass is greener on the other side but you get to the other side and you realize there's tons of bullcrap going on there too. Even if things change for the better, they might not be what you consider to be better.

I've gone through the archives of decade forums and people are always crapping on the eras they live in. The b!tching is neverending.
Well, we're all in need of a change for the better at this point. We actually all thought some time ago that this decade was going to be better (and it was for the first few years), but after certain events happened, it went downhill.

Well, they have their reasons why they don't like certain things from each era. I've seen posts where users have stated they don't like the music, but they liked the video games. Then, there are others who liked the TV shows but didn't like the films.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/17/17 at 10:00 pm

Well, we're all in need of a change for the better at this point. We actually all thought some time ago that this decade was going to be better (and it was for the first few years), but after certain events happened, it went downhill.

Well, they have their reasons why they don't like certain things from each era. I've seen posts where users have stated they don't like the music, but they liked the video games. Then, there are others who liked the TV shows but didn't like the films.

Things are getting better for me. I've been finding a lot of good music. Most of the unsatisfied people are the seemingly depressed lazies who thinks the masses should conform to them. But some effort into making the future better.

And who is to say the traumatic events of this decade aren't warm-ups to the Great Sh!t Show waiting for us in the future?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/17/17 at 10:09 pm

Things are getting better for me. I've been finding a lot of good music. Most of the unsatisfied people are the seemingly depressed lazies who thinks the masses should conform to them. But some effort into making the future better.

And who is to say the traumatic events of this decade aren't warm-ups to the Great Sh!t Show waiting for us in the future?
What about films, games etc?. I've found a lot of good music and movies as well, but not much of video games and some other things.

I don't think anyone here is denying that. All those events of this era are the reason why Trump is in the White House and have made lots people think it's getting worse. I really hope it gets better.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/17/17 at 10:26 pm

What about films, games etc?. I've found a lot of good music and movies as well, but not much of video games and some other things.

I don't think anyone here is denying that. All those events of this era are the reason why Trump is in the White House and have made lots people think it's getting worse. I really hope it gets better.

I'm not big on video games so I'm probably not the best person to ask about gaming.

Oh, it's gonna get worse. Trump will likely ramp up the culture war to something beyond what we've seen so far.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/17/17 at 10:32 pm

I'm not big on video games so I'm probably not the best person to ask about gaming.

Oh, it's gonna get worse. Trump will likely ramp up the culture war to something beyond what we've seen so far.
Yeah, those are the predictions so far, but we already should know that they most likely won't happen. There are people in Congress who are keeping an eye on him.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/17/17 at 11:28 pm

Yeah, those are the predictions so far, but we already should know that they most likely won't happen. There are people in Congress who are keeping an eye on him.

Which predictions? The culture war is already ramping up. Do you not see all the appeals to nationalism by Trump supporters lately?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/17/17 at 11:30 pm

Which predictions? The culture war is already ramping up. Do you not see all the appeals to nationalism by Trump supporters lately?
I did, until I read an article stating that even Trump supporters don't support him as much as before.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/17/17 at 11:33 pm

I did, until I read an article stating that even Trump supporters don't support him as much as before.

Many of them know Trump is full of crap so now instead of getting on people about not supporting Trump, they instead say you're bad for not supporting the country or the military.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/17/17 at 11:35 pm

Many of them know Trump is full of crap so now instead of getting on people about not supporting Trump, they instead say you're bad for not supporting the country or the military.
Well, at least they have finally realized their mistake. They were practically brainwashed into voting for him.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/17/17 at 11:46 pm

Well, at least they have finally realized their mistake. They were practically brainwashed into voting for him.

Some of them have but I think most of them are in the big for him because "at least he's not a democrat".

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/17/17 at 11:50 pm

Some of them have but I think most of them are in the big for him because "at least he's not a democrat".
Except they don't realize he WAS at one point. He basically f*cked everyone over.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/18/17 at 12:23 am

No I don't really care that much. I'm just happy to be alive.  :P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/18/17 at 4:46 am

This thread is so typical ::)

Written By: Fearsword on 10/18/17 at 6:16 am

It will probably be the little kids of today being teenagers/young adults then reminiscing on their 10s childhood and how everything was fun and innocent back then

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/18/17 at 6:45 am

In my humble op I don't really find interesting things in this decade except the technology cause for me the movies,tv shows(most of them),music and pop culture are kind of terrible in this decade.

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/18/17 at 8:38 am

Well people don't normally love an era until it's over.

"If it's modern then it sucks"
. I keep putting this because of how true it is and how no one ever realizes that they're thinking this way. In 2000 people were hating how things were. Now we're seeing nostalgia for the year 2000 popping up. What's happening in the 2010s isn't too different.

It's been this way since............well forever. People hating on the 2020s will literally be the same as people hating on the every previous decade.

I wouldn't mind the changes the 2020s will give us. Now change doesn't mean things will get better, but it also doesn't mean things will get any WORSE either.  Anything can happen.

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/18/17 at 8:43 am

Yeah, it's like this in EVERY decade. Not a single decade where I like everything and not a single decade where I like nothing. I like the games, some fashion, tv shows, movies, cartoons, and internet culture of the 2010s. But not some other fashions, music (unless indie), reality shows, and certain game genres. All this proves is that no decade is perfect. I won't like EVERY little aspect.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/18/17 at 8:50 am

I'm going to be honest, if I had the choice to experience my adolescence in another decade, I would, because I honestly feel completely alienated from the current pop culture. However, with that said, I don't resent being an adolescence of the 2010s. Sure, it could be better, but no decade is ever completely perfect.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/18/17 at 9:47 am

Honestly, whats with all of this angst going on in the threads recently....?

While it would be nice to have been the same age I am now in say the 1990's, I feel contempt on being young now in the 2010's. No decade is perfect, they all have their pros and cons. I'm not a big fan of music in the 2010's (especially 2013-present), but I do really dig movies of this decade (the revival of Star Wars, Jurassic World, & It comes to mind), and Television (S.H.I.E.L.D, The Goldbergs, Stranger Things, among other shows).

You just have to appreciate what you have, and stop focussing on sh!t you don't have, at least thats always been my motto that is.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/18/17 at 10:05 am

Not sure if you were asking me that, but I have always felt the exact same way in regards to 2010s pop culture.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/18/17 at 10:21 am

Welcome to inthe00s

Written By: Slim95 on 10/18/17 at 11:25 am

I think teenagers (late teens specifically) are usually the ones who hate the present decade the most. I've noticed this is common on this site (huge amount of teens on here now) and in life in general. I think this is because it is the decade right after your childhood and you want to go back to the good good old days because it is close enough to remember clearly. Plus teenagers already go through a negative phase in general during those years anyway.  :P I remember I absolutely despised the early 2010s when I was 15 - 18 years old. Still hate that era personally but now that I'm older I am a lot more neutral on all decades and I'm more outside looking in, focusing more on the positives from now on.

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/18/17 at 2:14 pm

I think teenagers (late teens specifically) are usually the ones who hate the present decade the most. I've noticed this is common on this site (huge amount of teens on here now) and in life in general. I think this is because it is the decade right after your childhood and you want to go back to the good good old days because it is close enough to remember clearly. Plus teenagers already go through a negative phase in general during those years anyway.  :P I remember I absolutely despised the early 2010s when I was 15 - 18 years old. Still hate that era personally but now that I'm older I am a lot more neutral on all decades and I'm more outside looking in, focusing more on the positives from now on.

Now that's weird. Teens are usually the ones that mainstream pop culture likes to target the most (well really preteens to twenties). The decades when it comes youth pop culture is designed around them. So if they hate the current decade well they must understand that they're the ones who make certain things popular among them.

Never was an era that I hated. Been neutral to the passing eras all my life. I'm now just hating on the 2010s just because everything somehow became dark and serious. But this doesn't sum up the ENTIRE 2010s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/18/17 at 8:28 pm

In my humble op, I don't really find interesting things in this decade except for the technology cause for me the movies, tv shows(most of them), music and pop culture is kind of terrible in this decade.
I don't blame you at all. If you think about it, I noticed that most TV shows from today are not mentioned as much compared to previous eras. The only ones that are constantly discussed are The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, OITNB, Pretty Little Liars, Rick & Morty, and all of the superhero shows.

Oh, and I always wanted to know, how come you don't post any 90s or 00s nostalgia? It would be great to hear what you remember. :)

Yeah, it's like this in EVERY decade. Not a single decade where I like everything and not a single decade where I like nothing. I like the games, some fashion, tv shows, movies, cartoons, and internet culture of the 2010s. But not some other fashions, music (unless indie), reality shows, and certain game genres. All this proves is that no decade is perfect. I won't like EVERY little aspect.
That's definitely true.

I think teenagers (late teens specifically) are usually the ones who hate the present decade the most. I've noticed this is common on this site (huge amount of teens on here now) and in life in general. I think this is because it is the decade right after your childhood and you want to go back to the good old days because it is close enough to remember clearly. Plus teenagers already go through a negative phase in general during those years anyway.  :P I remember I absolutely despised the early 2010s when I was 15 - 18 years old. Still hate that era personally but now that I'm older I am a lot more neutral on all decades and I'm more outside looking in, focusing more on the positives from now on.
Well, it's the opposite today. Most of the folks who hate right now are in their 20s and 30s. The teens are the ones who are enjoying it except for a few.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/18/17 at 8:31 pm

Well, it's the opposite today. Most of the folks who hate right now are in their 20s and 30s. The teens are the ones who are enjoying it except for a few.

That's certainly not the case on this site. All the complaining posts were done by people born in 1999. All the 30 year olds and older are neutral and never made angry posts about this decade. For people in their 20s it's a mixed bag, some are neutral, some love it, and some hate it on this site. Of course this is a generalization, it's just the trend I have noticed at least on here.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/18/17 at 9:16 pm

That's certainly not the case on this site. All the complaining posts were done by people born in 1999. All the 30-year-olds and older are neutral and never made angry posts about this decade. For people in their 20s, it's a mixed bag. some are neutral, some love it, and some hate it on this site. Of course, this is a generalization. it's just the trend I have noticed at least on here.
How? There are only two or 3 active members from that year. The rest of them don't come on here as often anymore, and there's been a few in their 30s who hate this era as well.

Written By: TheKid99 on 10/18/17 at 9:28 pm

I actually enjoy being young in the 2010s and growing up in a decade that while at the surface looks so superficial yet when you get down to the stuff I like, like alternative music, or person to person.... it has never been easier to connect with people in the right context.

Alternative rock, like pop punk, metal, emo, etc, have never been more genuine than they are now. All the fans right now are real ones and not the Paramore/Fall Out Boy/Jimmy Eat World/Green Day posers you saw in the early to mid 2000s.

My generation is quite great, and while somtimes I lose hope of the future..... I am reminded everyday that people around me are great people.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/18/17 at 10:33 pm

That's certainly not the case on this site. All the complaining posts were done by people born in 1999.

Gee, talk about ageism. There are people of all ages who dislike the current times, not just people born in 1999.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/18/17 at 11:14 pm

Gee, talk about ageism. There are people of all ages who dislike the current times, not just people born in 1999.

Tbh, are you even surprised? ::)

Written By: Slim95 on 10/19/17 at 12:09 am

Tbh, are you even surprised? ::)

You obviously missed the part where I said it was a generalization and it was from what I perceived on this site. It's only ageism in your head.  ::)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/19/17 at 12:12 am

You obviously missed the part where I said it was a generalization and it was from what I perceived on this site. It's only ageism in your head.  ::)

But that's what I meant. You implied that only people born in 1999 dislike the current times, but other people (on this forum) do as well.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/19/17 at 12:14 am

But that's what I meant. You implied that only people born in 1999 dislike the current times, but other people (on this forum) do as well.

No I didn't. I specifically said it was a generalization at the end of my post... Read it again before jumping to conclusions. Nothing to do with ageism... You're not even denying it which means even you dislike the decade it seems.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/19/17 at 12:19 am

No I didn't. I specifically said it was a generalization at the end of my post... Read it again before jumping to conclusions. Nothing to do with ageism... You're not even denying it which means even you dislike the decade it seems.

You stated it as a fact, not a generalisation;

That's certainly not the case on this site. All the complaining posts were done by people born in 1999.

The only part you were generalising, was when you were talking about people in their 20s liking or disliking this decade. You stated that only people born in 1999 were making all the complaining posts. How doesn't that come across as ageist?

Written By: Slim95 on 10/19/17 at 12:22 am

You stated it as a fact, not a generalisation;

The only part you were generalising, was when you were talking about people in their 20s liking or disliking this decade. You stated that only people born in 1999 were making all the complaining posts. How doesn't that come across as ageist?

No I never once claimed "only" 1999 people disliked it. Read it carefully. I specifically said it was a generalization at the end of my post. The ENTIRE paragraph is important. Even if you were looking at one line, never once did I say "only" so no, it's not ageist.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/19/17 at 12:25 am

No I never once claimed "only" 1999 people disliked it. Read it carefully. I specifically said it was a generalization at the end of my post. The ENTIRE paragraph is important. Even if you were looking at one line, never once did I say "only" so no, it's not ageist.

You stated ALL of the complaining posts were made my people born in 1999. It has the same connotation as "only". Maybe you had only intended it as a general comment, but by stating that "all of the complaining posts", it doesn't come across as such. It comes across like it's a fact.

Written By: d90 on 10/19/17 at 12:31 am

I remember when people online would whine about how the 2000s suck and say that it's the worst decade ever.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/19/17 at 6:26 am

I’m so glad many people disagree with this thread and enjoy being young in the 2010’s. This decade has offered many cool stuff and like @graciee said, I will definitely miss this decade and look back on it in the 2030’s.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/19/17 at 7:09 am

I remember when people online would whine about how the 2000s suck and say that it's the worst decade ever.
no way the 2000s were always cool to me and underrated the 10s just never seem be cool for me.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/19/17 at 10:55 am

no way the 2000s were always cool to me and underrated the 10s just never seem be cool for me.

People said the exact same thing about the 2000s. They called it "thr decade from hell".

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/19/17 at 11:19 am

People said the exact same thing about the 2000s. They called it "the decade from hell".
The main reason people said they hated that era has to do with the politics of that time rather than everything else. I don't remember seeing any ranting on video games, fashion, music, movies or even TV shows.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/19/17 at 11:25 am

The main reason people said they hated that era has to do with the politics of that time rather than everything else. I don't remember seeing any ranting on video games, fashion, music, movies or even TV shows.

I do. People hated all of those things at the time along with politics. They said it was the worst decade of all time. It's crazy because it feels like yesterday they said this. I remember it clearly as if it were recent.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/19/17 at 11:30 am

I do. People hated all of those things at the time along with politics. They said it was the worst decade of all time. It's crazy because it feels like yesterday they said this. I remember it clearly as if it were recent.
Again, that's because the politics overshadowed everything. Some may not have liked the 00s for other things, but it was nowhere near the same level of hate regarding the politics.

Written By: Fearsword on 10/19/17 at 3:30 pm

Not really, I'm not sure how thing's would have gone down if I was a teen/young adult in the 2000s

Written By: 2001 on 10/19/17 at 5:05 pm

You're tripping. Many people complained about those things.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/19/17 at 5:27 pm

You're tripping. Many people complained about those things.
They did. I'm not denying that, but it wasn't definitely on the same level as the politics.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/19/17 at 5:30 pm

I can't by the fact that the 2010s are better than the 00s I'm pretty sure at least for me the 00s were way better than the 10s it will most likely remain like that.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/20/17 at 12:44 pm

Not 2010-2013 right now.

I'm glad those years caught my early 20s.

Written By: d90 on 10/20/17 at 2:21 pm

I can't by the fact that the 2010s are better than the 00s I'm pretty sure at least for me the 00s were way better than the 10s it will most likely remain like that.

Most people are nostalgic for the decade that they had their childhood in. Adults and teens have been complaining about their current time period they were living in for as long as humans have existed.

Written By: prodanny288 on 10/20/17 at 7:09 pm

I don’t necessarily resent being a 2010’s teenager. I can’t blame my parents for having me in 2002 as that is something that is out of my control. However, I do agree with you that this decade sucks. The charts are lacking variety and rock is pretty much on it’s last legs. I can’t think of any song that topped the billboards this year that was actually good. There isn’t much to say about music after 2011 with the exception of 2013. I’m hoping the 2020’s will be an improvement but I’m not holding my breath.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/21/17 at 10:13 am

I think what Slim95 was trying to say was that the complaining posts that he saw were mostly made by people born in 1999, but that doesn’t mean he thinks every single person born in 1999 complains and hates the present. He just noticed that the complaining posts he saw were mostly from people born in that year.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/23/17 at 1:56 pm

Honestly, I think I'm the perfect age this decade. Being 22-32, not too old, not too young, part of that ultimate young adult group. The '00s, to me, was a much better decade to be a teenager from a music, culture, political, entertainment and video game standpoint, so I'm glad I had my high school and college years back then.

Written By: bchris02 on 10/23/17 at 2:21 pm

Honestly, I think I'm the perfect age this decade. Being 22-32, not too old, not too young, part of that ultimate young adult group. The '00s, to me, was a much better decade to be a teenager from a music, culture, political, entertainment and video game standpoint, so I'm glad I had my high school and college years back then.

I would agree with this.

If I am resentful of anything, it's that I had to spend this decade (except for 2010-2012) living in homophobic podunksville Oklahoma because of my family.  I've liked the overall culture this decade and which I would have been able to really live it.

Written By: WiiFan on 10/23/17 at 3:59 pm

Being a 2010s kid/teen isn't necessarily bad and I don't hate the 2010s, though I feel pop culture since 2013 has passed me by. I never truly embraced the Mid-Late 2010s (2013-2019), I don't know why. I'm not as involved in the trends as my peers are, I wonder how I'll look back at this period in 20 years...

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/23/17 at 4:38 pm

...I feel pop culture since 2013 has passed me by. I never truly embraced the Mid-Late 2010s (2013-2019), I don't know why.

That's exactly how I feel as well. I don't even think the current pop culture is targeted towards me anymore, and i'm only 18.

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/23/17 at 4:59 pm

Awful music(the only decade where underground music is arguably worse than mainstream), creatively bankrupt television, a poor box office performances, mediocre economy, SJWs, increasing censorship, an inability to laugh at ourselves, companies going under, almost no new toy trends, etc. It's not hard to guess honestly.

Hugely disagree. Society didn't bully LGBT people in the 00s. In fact I recall magazines saying great strides in LGBT acceptance occurred that decade. Who society ridiculed back then, were special snowflakes. Now censorship has taken over and we all have to be accepting of those who do not seek equality, but social dominance.

I actually enjoy being young in the 2010s and growing up in a decade that while at the surface looks so superficial yet when you get down to the stuff I like, like alternative music, or person to person.... it has never been easier to connect with people in the right context.

Alternative rock, like pop punk, metal, emo, etc, have never been more genuine than they are now. All the fans right now are real ones and not the Paramore/Fall Out Boy/Jimmy Eat World/Green Day posers you saw in the early to mid 2000s.

My generation is quite great, and while somtimes I lose hope of the future..... I am reminded everyday that people around me are great people.

Yes, I'm sure One Direction is more genuine than Fall Out Boys/Kings of Leon/Cold Play.  ::)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/23/17 at 5:17 pm

Being a 2010s kid/teen isn't necessarily bad and I don't hate the 2010s, though I feel pop culture since 2013 has passed me by. I never truly embraced the Mid-Late 2010s (2013-2019), I don't know why. I'm not as involved in the trends as my peers are, I wonder how I'll look back at this period in 20 years...

If your not involved in any of the trends or didn't like this deacde much, you probably wouldn't have a lot to look back on in 20 years anyways.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/23/17 at 5:32 pm

Tbh I'd rather be young in this decade than most other decades.....people seem to forget how easier things are now especially with all the technology and stuff >:(

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/23/17 at 5:43 pm

2013 brought us a lot of true 2010s culture... Frozen, Miley twerking, Blurred Lines, Windows 8 (came out 2012, was still relatively new), Gangnum Style (came out in 2012, was still popular), Harlem Shake, Xbox One, PS4, YouTube's Google+ integration, and I could go on.

I kinda still liked some the culture at the time, but I was also starting to realize how stupid it was becoming, and I started to become counter-culture in the following years.

Good for you. I was happy with where culture was going. Why wouldn't I be? I'm a teenager from 2013-2019 so of course I'm gonna think it's a good time......

Written By: bchris02 on 10/23/17 at 5:51 pm

2013 brought us a lot of true 2010s culture... Frozen, Miley twerking, Blurred Lines, Windows 8 (came out 2012, was still relatively new), Gangnum Style (came out in 2012, was still popular), Harlem Shake, Xbox One, PS4, YouTube's Google+ integration, and I could go on.

I kinda still liked some the culture at the time, but I was also starting to realize how stupid it was becoming, and I started to become counter-culture in the following years.

From my memory, Gangnam Style was old news by 2013.  The big Internet viral hits that year were "What Does The Fox Say?" and "Harlem Shake."

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/23/17 at 6:55 pm

Tbh I'd rather be young in this decade than most other decades.....people seem to forget how easier things are now especially with all the technology and stuff >:(

People are never satisfied lol

Written By: 2001 on 10/23/17 at 7:04 pm

Hugely disagree. Society didn't bully LGBT people in the 00s. In fact I recall magazines saying great strides in LGBT acceptance occurred that decade. Who society ridiculed back then, were special snowflakes. Now censorship has taken over and we all have to be accepting of those who do not seek equality, but social dominance.

No offence, but you were a little in the 2000s and your view is coloured by that.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/24/17 at 10:30 pm

Awful music(the only decade where underground music is arguably worse than mainstream), creatively bankrupt television, a poor box office performances, mediocre economy, SJWs, increasing censorship, an inability to laugh at ourselves, companies going under, almost no new toy trends, etc. It's not hard to guess honestly.
Yes, I'm sure One Direction is more genuine than Fall Out Boys/Kings of Leon/Cold Play.  ::)

The worst thing about the 2010s are people using the term snowflake to describe people.

Written By: 2001 on 10/24/17 at 11:11 pm

The worst thing about the 2010s are people using the term snowflake to describe people.

I'm disappointed that this American politics is being imported into Canada (Shemp97 is Canadian...)  :-\\ I never heard anyone say "snowflake" or "SJW" outside the Internet until this year.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/26/17 at 1:49 pm

I was "young" in both the 2000s and 2010s. I way prefer the '00s and am stuck in the '00s. I loved the '00s mostly and embraced the culture then, maybe until about 2013 then all the crap today started popping up and all down the tubes. The early '10s was ok but I'm getting old for it now. Today is divided and awful.

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/26/17 at 2:23 pm

No offence, but you were a little in the 2000s and your view is coloured by that.

I was 12. That's pretty old.

It's the proper word to use for attention-seekers.

I'm disappointed that this American politics is being imported into Canada (Shemp97 is Canadian...)  :-\\ I never heard anyone say "snowflake" or "SJW" outside the Internet until this year.

Those terms are commonly used here, especially in around the ultra-liberal/conservative areas such as university campus'.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/26/17 at 2:35 pm

Yeah the '00s was way better and we all know it now. I don't hate ALL of this decade and I was still quite young in the first half. Actually I'd love to go back to 2010 or something really. But now at 30 in 2017 I think right now is crap. I didn't truly start hating the present until around the mid 2010s actually.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/26/17 at 4:03 pm

That's certainly not the case on this site. All the complaining posts were done by people born in 1999. All the 30 year olds and older are neutral and never made angry posts about this decade. For people in their 20s it's a mixed bag, some are neutral, some love it, and some hate it on this site. Of course this is a generalization, it's just the trend I have noticed at least on here.

I'm 30...bring back 2005 or even 2011! Part of it is the ignorance of being younger and the other part is it just seemed less tense. The reality is at 30 you know how people are. The reality of adult life has now set in. People can be stupid at 20, 40, 60, 80, 100+ years old, it really doesn't matter. When you're a kid you look up to adults and think they know better. Then you grow up and you realize you had it all wrong, that's actually the biggest part of growing up realizing that you had it all wrong as a kid. The proof is in the fool that is currently president.

Written By: wixness on 10/26/17 at 5:05 pm

Absolutely. I wish I were a teenager when long hair on guys was still considered cool and technology wasn't such a gimmick or boring, and when music didn't try to sound grown-up and end up becoming boring.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/26/17 at 5:36 pm

Depends on what you're defintion of young is...
If we're talking my 20s, then HELL NAW. 8)  Now... if we're talkin bout those teen years tho. :( YUCK! 8-P 8-P 8-P

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/26/17 at 7:37 pm

Depends on what you're defintion of young is...
If we're talking my 20s, then HELL NAW. 8)  Now... if we're talkin bout those teen years tho. :( YUCK! 8-P 8-P 8-P

Why is that?

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/26/17 at 7:52 pm

and when music didn't try to sound grown-up

Huh? It sounds the opposite. Which is why it sounds boring.

Written By: 2001 on 10/26/17 at 9:23 pm

I was 12. That's pretty old.

Ermm, no it's not. 12 year old is still a kid when it comes to reasoning skills. You might have stopped watching cartoons but your political opinions would have still been either from your parents or poorly thought out. Most 12 year olds do not even have the proper literary skills to read a proper history book or intellectual political commentary. Not like me at 15 reading Das Kapital ;D

Those terms are commonly used here, especially in around the ultra-liberal/conservative areas such as university campus'.

Yeah I know. I started hearing it a lot after Trump got elected but not before that.

Written By: wixness on 10/26/17 at 10:00 pm

Huh? It sounds the opposite. Which is why it sounds boring.

Yeah. I don't know, I just feel like that the music of this decade just wants to be happy or chill constantly while the music of last decade sounded like it wanted to express more emotions - it wasn't afraid to express sadness through the instruments.

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/26/17 at 11:14 pm

Ermm, no it's not. 12 year old is still a kid when it comes to reasoning skills. You might have stopped watching cartoons but your political opinions would have still been either from your parents or poorly thought out. Most 12 year olds do not even have the proper literary skills to read a proper history book or intellectual political commentary. Not like me at 15 reading Das Kapital ;D

You don't have to be old to know who people disliked. Look at any 00's show or video that pokes fun at what would now bethe frequent tumblr users and you'll see that the attention seeking portrayal is what was being mocked. Gay was gaining acceptance last decade, but snowflakes and outrage groups weren't tolerated.

Yeah I know. I started hearing it a lot after Trump got elected but not before that.

They were well in use well before Trump.
k9ZjUpUS3es

Written By: Slim95 on 10/27/17 at 12:17 am

My mid teen years absolutely sucked in the 2010s (ages 15 - 18). Once I turned 18 in 2013 that's things were improving and going great. I don't think there is anything wrong with being young in the 2010s because in the future the 2010s will looked back as a golden era just as the 1980s and 1990s are seen today. Just give it time. The present moment will have an ultra old and dreamy vibe to it in 30 years and people will be begging to go back.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/27/17 at 12:57 am

My mid teen years absolutely sucked in the 2010s (ages 15 - 18). Once I turned 18 in 2013 that's things were improving and going great. I don't think there is anything wrong with being young in the 2010s because in the future the 2010s will looked back as a golden era just as the 1980s and 1990s are seen today. Just give it time. The present moment will have an ultra old and dreamy vibe to it in 30 years and people will be begging to go back.

I agree.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/27/17 at 7:35 pm

I think it will be looked similar to how the 1930s were looked at.

Written By: 2001 on 10/27/17 at 9:32 pm

I think it will be looked similar to how the 1930s were looked at.

Would you rather live during the Black Death or now?

Written By: 2001 on 10/27/17 at 9:35 pm

I wish I was like 19 in 2010 instead of 17, but that happened a few years later anyway. I wanted to dance to Dance In The Dark. ;D I don't think they played it at prom.  :\'(

Written By: J. Rob on 10/28/17 at 12:35 pm

Hell, I'm resentful as a 31 year old. I feel especially terrible for those of you born between 1995 and 2005.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 12:52 pm

Hell, I'm resentful as a 31 year old. I feel especially terrible for those of you born between 1995 and 2005.

Why would you feel bad? 1995 is not in the same category as 1998+ anyway. 1995 borns are related more to early '90s borns.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 1:26 pm

Why is that?

Because I'm NOT resentful for spending my 20s during the mid-late 10s. But being at the peak of my teen years during that early 10s period tho....

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 1:28 pm

DON'T YOU DARE group me in with those born in the 2000s... >:(

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 1:29 pm

Why would you feel bad? 1995 is not in the same category as 1998+ anyway. 1995 borns are related more to early '90s borns.

I don't even mind 1998, 1999 or even 2000 to an extent, but everything else...

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 1:33 pm

You're a lucky one, I'm in an awkward position in that young/old category in the decades.  ;D ;)
BTW, how does it feel to be 30?! :o

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 1:37 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with being young in the 2010s because in the future the 2010s will looked back as a golden era just as the 1980s and 1990s are seen today. Just give it time. The present moment will have an ultra old and dreamy vibe to it in 30 years and people will be begging to go back.

I'm aint so sure about that one. Even when I'm in my 40s, I will not look back on the 2010s as a golden era for nothing. MAYBE superhero films and cable TV, but not anything else.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 2:11 pm

How so? ???

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 2:14 pm

DON'T YOU DARE group me in with those born in the 2000s... >:(

Why's that? Have you got something against us?

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 2:16 pm

How so? ???

Because we we went through completely different experiences. You don't remember the '90s at all and barely remember the early 2000s. Almost like different generations because Gen Z starts around the year 2000. It doesn't mean we are any more superior or better than you, I have to say this before someone comes calling be ageist again. It just means we went through different experiences and don't relate to people born in the 2000s as well as we relate to people born in the early 1990s. Hell I would even say I relate to people born in the late '80s more than people born in the early 2000s, for me at least.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 2:16 pm

Why's that? Have you got something against us?

Nope that wasn't personal. I just don't really identify with those born in 21st century that's all. ;D

Written By: 2001 on 10/28/17 at 2:22 pm

What? How can you even say that. Who are you to speak for other people? I was born '93, my brother born '94 and another born '95 and we're having the time of our lives in the 2010s (except my '95 brother didn't like his last two years of high school). The mid-late 2010s are especially 👌

And my sisters born 2005 had a great childhood too. 2010s are a great to be a kid. You have a Disney renaissance, all these great super hero movies, Cartoon Network at its creative peak, great fads like How To Train Your Dragon, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Frozen, Hunger Games, Pokémon GO, fidget spinners etc. The 3DS is the second best handheld (after DS) and Mario Odyssey came and it's better than any Mario you've ever played, that's just a  fact. And people will bitch about how iPads and tablets are ruining childhoods, but my sister draws beautiful drawings on her tablet in her spare time, and it's just wonderful art. I WISH I could have access to all those free, addictive games as a kid. Then there's Netflix, YouTube and Spotify too. Our city library has ebooks and audiobooks in just a click of a button away too.  All that entertainment right in your hands.

Sorry, but it's just rude to assume everyone is as miserable as you. We don't need you to feel "sorry" for us.  ::)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 2:23 pm

Because we we went through completely different experiences. You don't remember the '90s at all and barely remember the early 2000s. Almost like different generations because Gen Z starts around the year 2000. It doesn't mean we are any more superior or better than you, I have to say this before someone comes calling be ageist again. It just means we went through different experiences and don't relate to people born in the 2000s as well as we relate to people born in the early 1990s. Hell I would even say I relate to people born in the late '80s more than people born in the early 2000s, for me at least.

You do realise people born in 1990 would say the exact same thing to you. They experienced the 90s, you didn't.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 2:24 pm

Nope that wasn't personal. I just don't really identify with those born in 21st century that's all. ;D

I guess that excludes me then ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 2:28 pm

You do realise people born in 1990 would say the exact same thing to you. They experienced the 90s, you didn't.

I was born in 1995 so I have experienced the '90s, I was alive for 5 years of the '90s, nice try though. Work on your math skills.  ;D Anyways I never said I am a '90s kid though, that I'm not. I said 1995 borns relate more to early '90s born than those born in late '90s and up, what does that have to do with people born in 1990? Face it, us born in 1995 don't relate to people born in 2000, it's just the way it is. Nothing wrong with it so you don't need to get offended. We just had radically different childhoods. We actually experienced the 1990s and you didn't. We are early 2000s kids, you are late 2000s kids. That makes us have very different childhoods overall. You weren't even born in the 1990s.  ;D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 2:30 pm

Sheesh. It must have been terrible for you growing up in the 80s/90s then, no iPhones to have or no Netflix to watch or no YouTube, yeah no one really cares...........tbh I actually feel sorry for you >:(

(You don't need to feel sorry for me, i had a great childhood)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 2:30 pm

What? How can you even say that. Who are you to speak for other people? I was born '93, my brother born '94 and another born '95 and we're having the time of our lives in the 2010s (except my '95 brother didn't like his last two years of high school). The mid-late 2010s are especially 👌

And my sisters born 2005 had a great childhood too. 2010s are a great to be a kid. You have a Disney renaissance, all these great super hero movies, Cartoon Network at its creative peak, great fads like How To Train Your Dragon, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Frozen, Hunger Games, Pokémon GO, fidget spinners etc. The 3DS is the second best handheld (after DS) and Mario Odyssey came and it's better than any Mario you've ever played, that's just a  fact. And people will bitch about how iPads and tablets are ruining childhoods, but my sister draws beautiful drawings on her tablet in her spare time, and it's just wonderful art. I WISH I could have access to all those free, addictive games as a kid. Then there's Netflix, YouTube and Spotify too. Our city library has ebooks and audiobooks in just a click of a button away too.  All that entertainment right in your hands.

Sorry, but it's just rude to assume everyone is as miserable as you. We don't need you to feel "sorry" for us.  ::)

Well said Poke! :)

They experienced the 90s, you didn't.

About that last statement, those born in 1990 only experienced that time as little kids. Most people born that year would say the 00s was their time period. People like Slim and I would probably say the 00s AND 10s was our time. So yeah it's kinda weird. ;D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 2:35 pm

I was born in 1995 so I have experienced the '90s, I was alive for 5 years of the '90s, nice try though. Work on your math skills.  ;D Anyways I never said I am a '90s kid though, that I'm not. I said 1995 borns relate more to early '90s born than those born in late '90s and up, what does that have to do with people born in 1990? Face it, us born in 1995 don't relate to people born in 2000, it's just the way it is. Nothing wrong with it so you don't need to get offended. We just had radically different childhoods. We actually experienced the 1990s and you didn't. We are early 2000s kids, you are late 2000s kids. That makes us have very different childhoods overall. You weren't even born in the 1990s.  ;D

Lol, you were only 4 when the decade ended, are you kidding me?! ;D I would hardly say a 4 year old, truly experienced the decade. You were still watching babies shows and at preschool when the 90s ended ;D (I forgot that's really experiencing it)
Never did I say I got offended, I'm just amused about your constant claims about being totally unrelatable to people a few years younger than you......

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 2:38 pm

Hahaha, Don't worry about me. I can confidently say my maths skills would be about x100 better than yours ;)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 2:40 pm

Lol, you were only 4 when the decade ended, are you kidding me?! ;D I would hardly say a 4 year old, truly experienced the decade. You were still watching babies shows and at preschool when the 90s ended ;D (I forgot that's really experiencing it)
Never did I say I got offended, I'm just amused about your constant claims about being totally unrelatable to people a few years younger than you......

Were you born in 2000? Cause if you were it's a no win scenario since you were still technically born in the 20th century. But if you were born after tho...

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 2:45 pm

Fighting about birth years again! Who cares if one remembers one year of the '90s or something when they were 4. Is it really a BIG deal?  ;D You guys are what only 17 and 22. Enjoy your youth because you'll end up 30 like me fast. I sort of miss being really young like you guys are now.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 2:45 pm

Were you born in 2000? Cause if you were it's a no win scenario since you were still technically born in the 20th century. But if you were born in 2001 tho...

Yeah I was. Being honest, I can't relate to anyone born 2001+, I hate them and they are so annoying. All they do is have iPhones when they are like a year old. ;) ;D ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 2:46 pm

You said we've never experienced the '90s which is wrong... You never said "truly" experience or truly remembering it, we were talking about simply experiencing it which we did and you didn't. So you are wrong on that because we did experience the '90s. What are you talking about? Being alive in the '90s is still experiencing it... We are different than those born in the 2000s, and radically so.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 2:46 pm

Fighting about birth years again! Who cares if one remembers one year of the '90s or something when they were 4. Is it really a BIG deal?  ;D You guys are what only 17 and 22. Enjoy your youth because you'll end up 30 like me fast. I sort of miss being really young like you guys are now.

I agree Brian, it seems kinda silly. It looks like they both took it a little personal. Debates on here should be fun and simple type of discussions, with logic behind it.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 2:48 pm

Yeah I was. Being honest, I can't relate to anyone born 2001+, I hate them and they are so annoying. All they do is have iPhones when they are like a year old. ;) ;D ;D

Okay I figured. At least you have some pre teen connections to the early 10s a little bit and were born in the 20th century technically, so you are probably the YOUNGEST I could socially relate to. ;D ;)

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 2:49 pm

I agree Brian, it seems kinda silly. It looks like they both took it a little personal. Debates on here should be fun and simple type of discussions, with logic behind it.

No I didn't take it personally, I simply said that those born in 1995 don't relate to those born in the 2000s. You even agreed with me on that.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 2:49 pm

Don't worry, I'm only half serious ;D. 30 is still kinda young, in the scheme of things. :)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 2:51 pm

No I didn't take it personally, I simply said that those born in 1995 don't relate to those born in the 2000s. You even agreed with me on that.

Yes I did agree with you on that, but the debate seemed like it was getting a little out of hand. ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 2:51 pm

Because someone said they feel sorry for people born 1995 - 2005, and I just don't see 1995 relating to 2005 at all. It was just an odd grouping of years.

Written By: 2001 on 10/28/17 at 2:52 pm

They might seem really young now since they're still in public school, but over time the age differences seem smaller. I thought people born '88 were old foggies, now I see them as my peers basically. Same with people born '98. They're still pretty young to me, actually. But I have friends born '97 now, when I didn't have any two years ago, so it's only a matter of time.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 2:52 pm

Because someone said they feel sorry for people born 1995 - 2005, and I just don't see 1995 relating to 20005 at all. It was just an odd year to start.

yeah I agree Slim, that was VERY silly that the user said that. He was the one who basically started that nonsense.  >:(

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 2:53 pm

Ok. Sure you can say that. But I know a lot of 1995 borns that I relate to and vice-versa. I have friends born in 1995 and while there were obvious differences in our childhoods, they weren't radically different.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 2:56 pm

Ok. Sure you can say that. But I know a lot of 1995 borns that I relate to and vice-versa. I have friends born in 1995 and while there were obvious differences in our childhoods, they weren't radically different.

Okay that's fair.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 2:57 pm

What decade I was born in has nothing to do with it. I don't relate to people born in 2005 anymore than I do someone born in 1995, simply because they were born in the same dcade as me. It doesn't make any sense

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 2:58 pm

Well, the ONLY true differences were our peak childhoods. Our adolescent and teen years were kinda similar since the 2010s have been one BIG era.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 2:59 pm

Don't worry, I'm only half serious ;D. 30 is still kinda young, in the scheme of things. :)

Yeah I know, but still I do miss being really young now actually. I was your age in what 2004, oh do I miss those days so much.  :\'( I'm still cool with being 30 overall though.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 3:00 pm

Yeah I know, but still I do miss be really young now actually. I was your age in what 2004, oh do I miss those days so much.  :\'( I'm still cool with being 30 overall though.

I wonder what you think of the current late 2010s era right now?! :o

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 3:02 pm

I wonder what you think of the current late 2010s era right now?! :o

Don't like it. Actually I miss 2013 a little even compared to right now. I thought 2013 sucked at the time too, it's weird how it just seems to get worse. The last time I really liked was around 2012 or so tbh.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 3:05 pm

Yeah I know, but still I do miss being really young now actually. I was your age in what 2004, oh do I miss those days so much.  :\'( I'm still cool with being 30 overall though.

I wonder what the world/pop culutre is gonna be like when I'm 30 in 2030! :o

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/28/17 at 3:07 pm

Don't like it. Actually I miss 2013 a little even compared to right now. I thought 2013 sucked at the time too, it's weird how it just seems to get worse. The last time I really liked was around 2012 or so tbh.
I don't blame you. I don't like much of the current era either except for the films and music.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 3:08 pm

2013 was the only year I liked till this point. I wasn't a big fan of the Obama years.
2017 is already my fav year of the 2010s, I actually thought this year was SICK!! Movies, sports, gaming,TV and even some of the music has been pretty cool. The only sucky things have been the social climate and some things in my personal life.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 3:09 pm

2013 was my favourite year this decade and my second favourite year of my life (after 2007)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 3:10 pm

2013 was my favourite year this decade and my second favourite year of my life (after 2007)

2013 was the worst year of my life :\'(

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 3:11 pm

Well, the ONLY true differences were our peak childhoods. Our adolescent and teen years were kinda similar since the 2010s have been one BIG era.

Yeah I think people who are in hugh school now are going through similar experiences as when we were in high school in the early 2010s. A couple differences but overally not that different in terms of our teenage years.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 3:11 pm

2013 was the worst year of my life :\'(

I'm soo sorry 13 sucked for you. :( :\'(  Yeah that was a pretty transfomartive year for my life that's for sure.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 3:12 pm

I wonder what the world/pop culutre is gonna be like when I'm 30 in 2030! :o

By 2030 I'm going to be 43 and might end up missing being 30.  ;D Life is crazy like that.  ::) It's like a lot of people miss W. Bush now because Trump is in there. What if somebody WORSE than Trump comes along next and we start missing the "good old days" of Trump's idiotic tweets? Scary thought...but it very well could happen.  :o

Written By: 2001 on 10/28/17 at 3:13 pm

2013 was the only year I liked till this point. I wasn't a big fan of the Obama years.
2017 is already my fav year of the 2010s, I actually thought this year was SICK!! Movies, sports, gaming,TV and even some of the music has been pretty cool. The only sucky things have been the social climate and some things in my personal life.

2017 is shaping up to be one of my favourite year of the 2010s too. Who knew I'd be saying this about the Trump era. ;D Gaming, movies and TV shows this year are SICK, especially gaming.

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/28/17 at 3:13 pm

I really like the music that came out this year. IMO this is probably the third best year for music in the 2010's so far

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 3:16 pm

I really like the music that came out this year. IMO this is probably the third best year for music in the 2010's so far

2017 is one of the worst years for music. Third worst year after 2012 and 2011. The year was overall very sucky. If I were to rate the eras so far this decade, the best would be the mid 2010s, second best late 2010s, and worst early 2010s. The late 2010s just really suck so far.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/28/17 at 3:18 pm

2017 is one of the worst years for music. Third worst year after 2012 and 2011. The year was overall very sucky. If I were to rate the eras so far this decade, the best would be the mid 2010s, second best late 2010s, and worst early 2010s. The late 2010s just really suck so far.

I agree about the late 2010s. The only good thing about 2017 has been the TV shows and some of the movies, music has been pretty meh this year. Mid 2010s were better.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 3:19 pm

2017 is shaping up to be one of my favourite year of the 2010s too. Who knew I'd be saying this about the Trump era. ;D Gaming, movies and TV shows this year are SICK, especially gaming.

Yes, we needed that escapism and damn did it DELIVER! :D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 3:20 pm

I agree about the late 2010s. The only good thing about 2017 has been the TV shows and some of the movies, music has been pretty meh this year. Mid 2010s were better.

Hell naw bru, the mid 2010s was BY FAR the worst part of the decade culturally speaking. But to each his own. ::)

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 3:21 pm

Hell naw bru, the mid 2010s was BY FAR the worst part of the decade culturally speaking. But to each his own. ::)

Not to me they weren't. I enjoyed them a lot.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/28/17 at 3:22 pm

Not to me they weren't. I enjoyed them a lot.

Personal life was okay, but culturally YUCK!! Bchris and Max(Zelek3)would agree with me on that one. ;D  Despite our differing opinions. ;)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/28/17 at 3:23 pm

By 2030 I'm going to be 43 and might end up missing being 30.  ;D Life is crazy like that.  ::) It's like a lot of people miss W. Bush now because Trump is in there. What if somebody WORSE than Trump comes along next and we start missing the "good old days" of Trump's idiotic tweets? Scary thought...but it very well could happen.  :o
The only terrible things Bush has for him is 9/11, the two disastrous wars, Katrina and the Great Recession. Overall, he wasn't that awful.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/28/17 at 3:27 pm

gaming

Gaming, especially gaming.
Please tell me the games are getting diverse again. I hope this is true.

Written By: 2001 on 10/28/17 at 3:28 pm

The only terrible things Bush has for him is 9/11, the two disastrous wars, Katrina and the Great Recession. Overall, he wasn't that awful.

You're tripping lol. Bush was the most retarded president America had until Trump. Nothing is more infuriating than straight up stupidity ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 3:31 pm

You're tripping lol. Bush was the most retarded president America had until Trump. Nothing is more infuriating than straight up stupidity ;D

I'm thinking he was being sarcastic.  ;D Bush was a horrible president but as they always said at least he seems like a guy you'd like to have a beer with. Can't say that about Trump.  ;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/28/17 at 3:41 pm

No denying that. He was stupid, but he was not acting the same way that Trump currently is.

I'm thinking he was being sarcastic.  ;D Bush was a horrible president but as they always said at least he seems like a guy you'd like to have a beer with. Can't say that about Trump.  ;D
No sarcasm there. Yes, Bush was definitely bad and I'm not denying that at all: however, the issues he had he handled them a little better than the person who is currently in office except for Katrina.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 3:41 pm

This is hilarious:

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/357109-poll-dems-have-favorable-view-of-george-w-bush

Majority of Democrats now approve of George W. Bush!  ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 3:44 pm

No denying that. He was stupid, but he was not acting the same way that Trump currently is.
No sarcasm there. Yes, Bush was definitely bad and I'm not denying that at all: however, the issues he had he handled them a little better than the person who is currently in office except for Katrina.

Really I actually thought it was sarcastic because you were like except for some of the worst things in our country's history happening under his watch he wasn't THAT bad.  ;D But yeah Bush as bad as he was still acted like a normal president and he wasn't a rabid racist.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/28/17 at 3:48 pm

Really I actually thought it was sarcastic because you were like except for some of the worst things in our country's history happening under his watch he wasn't THAT bad.  ;D But yeah Bush as bad as he was still acted like a normal president and he wasn't a rabid racist.
Yeah, he was definitely awful, but I agree was a normal president. Not one time when he was president was he calling other people names, having a tantrum or even giving himself good credit for things he didn't do. Trump is doing all of the above.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 3:51 pm

Yeah, he did. Not one time when he was president was he calling other people names, having a tantrum or even giving himself good credit for things he didn't do. Trump is doing all of the above.

Yeah I agree with you, I think Bush is a decent person that just was a pretty bad president. Trump is just a horrible person in general and has been his whole life to be honest. There's really no redeeming qualities at all in Trump's case.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/28/17 at 3:57 pm

Yeah I agree with you, I think Bush is a decent person that just was a pretty bad president. Trump is just a horrible person in general and has been his whole life to be honest. There's really no redeeming qualities at all in Trump's case.
Agreed! I hope that nutcase gets impeached soon. He may be constitutionally qualified, but he's definitely not politically qualified to be president.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 4:08 pm

Agreed! I hope that nutcase gets impeached soon. He may be constitutionally qualified, but he's definitely not politically qualified to be president.

I give Bush a lot of credit for how he initially responded to 9/11 actually. He did a good job uniting the country I think, and he made sure to never condemn ALL muslims for it like Trump does for every terror attack. Bush specifically from day one only attacked the terrorist groups and embraced peaceful Muslims even in the face of the worst attack ever on American soil. For that short period at least we could all unite as Americans behind our president. That level of American unity is probably NEVER going to happen again.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/28/17 at 4:14 pm

I give Bush a lot of credit for how he initially responded to 9/11 actually. He did a good job uniting the country I think, and he made sure to never condemn ALL muslims for it like Trump does for every terror attack. Bush specifically from day one only attacked the terrorist groups and embraced peaceful Muslims even in the face of the worst attack ever on American soil. For that short period at least we could all unite as Americans behind our president. That level of American unity is probably NEVER going to happen again.
Yeah, that was a great call and I'm glad he didn't lump all Muslims as terrorists. It's sad how that American unity will not come back due to the events that took place after 9/11 along with the political division in today's climate.

Written By: wixness on 10/28/17 at 4:17 pm

Well, the fascist future's probably coming because the left's tactics are too awful to beat the right, sadly. Welcome back to the late 70s late 20s.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 4:32 pm

Bush is just as bad as Trump, if not worse.

Written By: 2001 on 10/28/17 at 4:44 pm

Bush is just as bad as Trump, if not worse.

Yeah, Trump hasn't had his Iraq War yet or any other war crime. First year of Trump is worse than first year of Bush though. Right now, 16 years ago was post-9/11 and the Afghanistan War was gearing up, tax cuts for the wealthy went in effect and the early 2000s recession started. With Trump you got Nazis, Russia getting away with meddling in its election, America being internationally isolated on Iran, free trade deals being cancelled, Congress being dysfunctional. Man, Republican présidences are always disasters. ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 5:15 pm

They might seem really young now since they're still in public school, but over time the age differences seem smaller. I thought people born '88 were old foggies, now I see them as my peers basically. Same with people born '98. They're still pretty young to me, actually. But I have friends born '97 now, when I didn't have any two years ago, so it's only a matter of time.

Yeah of course I remember people your age seeming really little and I was big compared to you, like in 2002 or something. Now I'd say you're a bit younger than me but it's not massive. I guess the difference is people born in '87 seem a bit less young and cool than '93 borns, it's sorta subtle but it is there. Hilary Duff or Blake Lively just seem a bit notably older and not as young as Miley Cyrus or Ariana Grande or something. Now people born in the late '90s umm that's a big difference in my case though it's different than the difference from people I'm old enough to be the father of too that are born in 2004 or 2005 or something.

Somebody asked how being 30 is, and that's kinda how it is. You still feel pretty young overall compared to people older than you, but you do start really noticing people that are younger than you and they're not little kids anymore. You kind of start noticing getting older for the first time. It's different than being 20 and only being older than some 10 year old little kid. There's now some very young adults that are quite a bit younger than me, many are posting on boards like this now. Some of them were like in preschool when I started posting here. They can try to make me feel good by saying "hey you're kinda young still don't worry!" I can now tell them hey you're so young what are you worried about.  ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 10/28/17 at 5:46 pm

Yeah of course I remember people your age seeming really little and I was big compared to you, like in 2002 or something. Now I'd say you're a bit younger than me but it's not massive. I guess the difference is people born in '87 seem a bit less young and cool than '93 borns, it's sorta subtle but it is there. Hilary Duff or Blake Lively just seem a bit notably older and not as young as Miley Cyrus or Ariana Grande or something. Now people born in the late '90s umm that's a big difference in my case though it's different than the difference from people I'm old enough to be the father of too that are born in 2004 or 2005 or something.

Somebody asked how being 30 is, and that's kinda how it is. You still feel pretty young overall compared to people older than you, but you do start really noticing people that are younger than you and they're not little kids anymore. You kind of start noticing getting older for the first time. It's different than being 20 and only being older than some 10 year old little kid. There's now some very young adults that are quite a bit younger than me, many are posting on boards like this now. Some of them were like in preschool when I started posting here. They can try to make me feel good by saying "hey you're kinda young still don't worry!" I can now tell them hey you're so young what are you worried about.  ;D

Age is just a number though. I know a girl who is in my class who is 32 and I swear I thought she was my age from the way she acted and how she looked. If you have a young attitude there really is little difference between early 20s and early 30s and I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. I feel like the girl I know is part of my peer group. It's all about how you see yourself. When I'm 30 I will be more mature than now with a career but I will still feel in my 20s in terms of attitude and I will try to never lose sight of having fun.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 5:54 pm

Age is just a number though. I know a girl who is in my class who is 32 and I swear I thought she was my age from the way she acted and how she looked. If you have a young attitude there really is little difference between early 20s and early 30s and I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. I feel like the girl I know is part of my peer group. It's all about how you see yourself. When I'm 30 I will be more mature than now with a career but I will still feel in my 20s in terms of attitude and I will try to never lose sight of having fun.

Yeah I'm 30 and I seriously have people all the time now saying I don't look 30. Honestly I look younger than most of my former classmates and I'm actually thankful for that. I posted recently that somebody thought I was 22! I'll take that actually, it's a compliment now! Some people I look at I can't believe they're the same age as me.  ;D I don't feel old but I do feel more mature than people 10 years younger than me of course. I do get a little annoyed when kids think people over 30 can't like anything new, I mean my disgust is more with today's social political situation but it doesn't mean I hate everything new.

Written By: 2001 on 10/28/17 at 6:10 pm

Us '93ers are never going out of style, like the Taylor Swift song.  8)

Just kidding, I know it will happen eventually. The 2000s borns on here are already calling me a prehistoric dinosaur. ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 10/28/17 at 6:13 pm

Us '93ers are never going out of style, like the Taylor Swift song.  8)

Just kidding, I know it will happen eventually. The 2000s borns on here are already calling me a prehistoric dinosaur. ;D

I've looked at the archives and seen posts of people back in 2003 that were shocked that people born in 1987 were old enough to drive then! ROFL It makes the passage of time really hit you. I mean how do they feel now. 2001 borns are now old enough to drive and a 1987 born is now over 30 and old enough to be the parent of a middle schooler!  ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/29/17 at 9:22 am

You're a lucky one, I'm in an awkward position in that young/old category in the decades.  ;D ;)
BTW, how does it feel to be 30?! :o

Not so bad, honestly. I guess you could say I've adjusted to being 30 now after a few months. Age is just a number as they say, but 30 is a big damn number.

Good points. I've noticed this lately, too. There was a time I can recall when you 1993 guys were young. Like, truly young. My next door neighbor during my junior high days was a 1993er who used to come over and pester me at age 5 and 6 when I was trying to do cool big kid stuff like watch Toonami or MTV. Now, I know guys born around 1993 that don't seem that much younger than me at all anymore. They might not know stuff I grew with during my earlier childhood like Genesis, SNES and Pogs and all of that, but we will talk about N64, Pokemon or whatever and can relate on those terms.

Though, 2000 will probably be a bit of a different story. I haven't met a lot of kids born early '00s and later, but I'm not sure if I honestly could relate to them or not. The age gap might just be too big.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/29/17 at 10:57 am

Um. Doesn't everything American eventually get imported to Canada?  ;D

There's just something so incredibly cheesy about the term snowflake.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/29/17 at 3:23 pm

Agreed! I would even say that the 00s were also better for young adults for all the reasons you stated as well.

I'm 30...bring back 2005 or even 2011! Part of it is the ignorance of being younger and the other part is it just seemed less tense. The reality is at 30 you know how people are. The reality of adult life has now set in. People can be stupid at 20, 40, 60, 80, 100+ years old, it really doesn't matter. When you're a kid you look up to adults and think they know better. Then you grow up and you realize you had it all wrong, that's actually the biggest part of growing up realizing that you had it all wrong as a kid. The proof is the fool that is currently president.
I actually knew this a long time ago especially since no one is perfect even if one is old & wise.

In the future, the 2010s will be looked back as a golden era just as the 1980s and 1990s are seen today.
I don't think they ever will. With the way that culture turned out to be, I can't see it being a golden era.

I'm ain't so sure about that one. Even when I'm in my 40s, I will not look back on the 2010s as a golden era for nothing. MAYBE superhero films and cable TV, but not anything else.
Same here. The only things I'll look back at this era are my personal achievements, early 10s culture, and the Superhero fads.

Cartoon Network at its creative peak, Pokémon GO
How was CN at its creative peak? ??? If you're talking about the early 10s, yeah; however, right now, not even close! There's too much TTG marathons on CN these days, and the other shows don't get that much time compared to TTG.

As for Pokemon GO, that game sucked a*s! ;). I rather have played the ones on the 3DS than that watered-down copy.

Sheesh. It must have been terrible for you growing up in the 80s/90s then, no iPhones to have or no Netflix to watch or no YouTube
I know you were joking, but you do know there's more to childhood than iPhones and Netflix right?

Enjoy your youth because you'll end up 30 like me fast. I sort of miss being really young like you guys are now.
People can enjoy their youth even after 30. Just because one settled down at that age doesn't mean he or she became boring. People can still party until they can't move anymore.

They might seem really young now since they're still in public school, but over time the age differences seem smaller. I thought people born '88 were old fogies, now I see them as my peers basically. Same with people born '98. They're still pretty young to me, actually. But I have friends born '97 now when I didn't have any two years ago, so it's only a matter of time.
This is definitely true. For me though, I have always seen those folks as my peers rather

I wonder what the world/pop culture is gonna be like when I'm 30 in 2030! :o
It's going to be more futuristic

Hell Naw bru, the mid-2010s was BY FAR the worst part of the decade culturally speaking. But to each his own. ::)
Agreed! The mid-10s were awful. Hopefully, the late 10s are much better despite the politics.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/29/17 at 4:30 pm

Agreed! I would even say that the 00s were also better for young adults for all the reasons you stated as well.
I actually knew this a long time ago especially since no one is perfect even if one is old & wise.
I don't think they ever will. With the way that culture turned out to be, I can't see it being a golden era.
Same here. The only things I'll look back at this era are my personal achievements, early 10s culture, and the Superhero fads.
How was CN at its creative peak? ??? If you're talking about the early 10s, yeah; however, right now, not even close! There's too much TTG marathons on CN these days, and the other shows don't get that much time compared to TTG.

As for Pokemon GO, that game sucked a*s! ;). I rather have played the ones on the 3DS than that watered-down copy.
I know you were joking, but you do know there's more to childhood than iPhones and Netflix right?
People can enjoy their youth even after 30. Just because one settled down at that age doesn't mean he or she became boring. People can still party until they can't move anymore.
This is definitely true. For me though, I have always seen those folks as my peers rather
It's going to be more futuristic
Agreed! The mid-10s were awful. Hopefully, the late 10s are much better despite the politics.

The mid 10s were a great era and better than the late 10s and early 10s. The early 10s were the worst. And the 2010s will be remembered as a very good era, people said the same thing you are saying about the 2000s. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't like it. There are even people on this forum who like this decade, including me. In the future the kids of this decade will love the 2010s and it will be as nostalgic as the '90s are now.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/29/17 at 4:38 pm

Sorry Slim but the overall consensus is that the early 2010s ruled and the mid-2010s drolled. I think you're gonna lose on this one.

One thing I agree with is that eventually, this decade will be looked upon fondly because people are really great at being nostalgic and really bad at seeing the beauty of the present day.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/29/17 at 4:43 pm

Sorry Slim but the overall consensus is that the early 2010s ruled and the mid-2010s drolled. I think you're gonna lose on this one.

Yes I know I'm in the minority but that confuses me because I specifically remember people despising the early 2010s on this forum. Every second thread was about someone complaining about electropop and couldn't wait until the early 2010s went away. I have yet to find someone new to the thread that agrees with me the early 2010s suck. I know the older members agree (who were on this forum in the early 2010s making those threads) but they never post anymore. As for the mid 2010s, I honestly really enjoyed the culture of that era. It had a fun vibe without being overly cheesy. Anthems like Uptown Funk and Happy really put me in a good mood. Hopefully I'll find other people who liked the era too. :P Pop culture went really downhill around 2016. 2013 - 2015 were really awesome to me personally.

One thing I agree with is that eventually, this decade will be looked upon fondly because people are really great at being nostalgic and really bad at seeing the beauty of the present day.

I agree

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/29/17 at 4:52 pm

The mid 10s were a great era and better than the late 10s and early 10s. The early 10s were the worst. And the 2010s will be remembered as a very good era, people said the same thing you are saying about the 2000s. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't like it. There are even people on this forum who like this decade, including me. In the future the kids of this decade will love the 2010s and it will be as nostalgic as the '90s are now.
If the mid 10s were better, then why are the early 10s considered the best by the majority?

This. I've seen more people like the early 10s than dislike.

Yes I know I'm in the minority but that confuses me because I specifically remember people despising the early 2010s on this forum. Every second thread was about someone complaining about electropop and couldn't wait until the early 2010s went away.
Well, if it was electropop they were complaining about, that's only one aspect of the early 10s and it's only confined to music. Obviously, they should have known there was more than just electropop during that time.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/29/17 at 5:08 pm

Now, I know guys born around 1993 that doesn't seem that much younger than me at all anymore. They might not know stuff I grew with during my earlier childhood like Genesis, SNES and Pogs and all of that, but we will talk about N64, Pokemon or whatever and can relate on those terms.
I thought they were already aware of Power Rangers, and the Genesis/SNES during their early childhood. Those two were still popular until 1997-99.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/29/17 at 5:50 pm

If the mid 10s were better, then why are the early 10s considered the best by the majority?
This. I've seen more people like the early 10s than dislike.
Well, if it was electropop they were complaining about, that's only one aspect of the early 10s and it's only confined to music. Obviously, they should have known there was more than just electropop during that time.

No they complained about everything. And what kind of question is that... Majority of who? The mid 2010s were better, just because you and people on this forum like the early 2010s doesn't mean it was superior. I don't understand your questions at all sometimes. Don't act like it is a fact the early 2010s were better when they were the worst era to me.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/29/17 at 6:03 pm

No they complained about everything. And what kind of question is that... Majority of who? The mid 2010s were better, just because you and people on this forum like the early 2010s doesn't mean it was superior. I don't understand your questions at all sometimes. Don't act like it is a fact the early 2010s were better when they were the worst era to me.

UltraGameDog was referring to the majority of people on this forum. I don't understand why it's a big deal, because people naturally have different opinions and just because one person may believe in something, doesn't make it factual.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/29/17 at 6:50 pm

UltraGameDog was referring to the majority of people on this forum. I don't understand why it's a big deal, because people naturally have different opinions and just because one person may believe in something, doesn't make it factual.

Yeah exactly. I feel the mid 2010s were better which is why I replied saying that. They are just opinions.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/29/17 at 7:39 pm

No, they complained about everything. And what kind of question is that... Majority of who? The mid-2010s were better, just because you and people on this forum like the early 2010s don't mean it was superior. I don't understand your questions at all sometimes. Don't act like it is a fact the early 2010s were better when they were the worst era for me.
Well, you said that they were complaining about the electropop which was one part of music. There was much more than that during that time, and you didn't say they were moaning about everything else. I can understand the fashion especially the skinny jeans, but the movies, games and TV shows were still great during the early 10s. Oh, and it's not just this site that I've seen others like the early 10s, I've seen it on others as well.

I understand liking an era is an opinion, but honestly, they were fantastic in general.

UltraGameDog was referring to the majority of people on this forum. I don't understand why it's a big deal because people naturally have different opinions and just because one person may believe in something, doesn't make it factual.
Correct! :)

Written By: musicguy93 on 10/29/17 at 9:00 pm

I thought they were already aware of Power Rangers, and the Genesis/SNES during their early childhood. Those two were still popular until 1997-99.

:o They were? I mean, I'm sure that they were still selling the SNES and Sega Genesis in stores in the late 90s, but I never played them as a kid. To be fair I didn't start playing video games till I turned 6, so I never played any systems from the fourth generation or prior. As for Power Rangers, it depends. I know most people born in 1993 remember Power Rangers In Space, and maybe even Turbo. I don't know about Zeo though. I think I remember Slowpoke mentioned he watched Zeo as a 3 year old, but I could be mistaken. So it's possible for those born in early 1993 to remember when Zeo first came out. Also, there were a lot of reruns of the older Power Rangers seasons at the time, so it's possible for 90s babies to have grown up with even MMPR.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/29/17 at 9:17 pm

:o They were? I mean, I'm sure that they were still selling the SNES and Sega Genesis in stores in the late 90s, but I never played them as a kid. To be fair I didn't start playing video games till I turned 6, so I never played any systems from the fourth generation or prior. As for Power Rangers, it depends. I know most people born in 1993 remember Power Rangers In Space, and maybe even Turbo. I don't know about Zeo though. I think I remember Slowpoke mentioned he watched Zeo as a 3-year-old, but I could be mistaken. So it's possible for those born in early 1993 to remember when Zeo first came out. Also, there were a lot of reruns of the older Power Rangers seasons at the time, so it's possible for 90s babies to have grown up with even MMPR.
No worries man. I know not everyone starts playing video games at 3 years old (or any age if they're not interested), but it is true the SNES and Sega Genesis were still being sold during that time, so early 90s folks would have been the last to have these consoles in their early childhoods. Regarding Power Rangers, it was still popular until Pokemon took over as the kid fad in 1999 which means there was enough time for them to definitely get into the fad in their early childhood. I mean, there was Zeo, Turbo, In Space and Lost Galaxy along with the original.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/29/17 at 9:20 pm

Well, you said that they were complaining about the electropop which was one part of music. There was much more than that during that time, and you didn't say they were moaning about everything else. I can understand the fashion especially the skinny jeans, but the movies, games and TV shows were still great during the early 10s. Oh, and it's not just this site that I've seen others like the early 10s, I've seen it on others as well.

I understand liking an era is an opinion, but honestly, they were fantastic in general.
Correct! :)

No they weren't fantastic in general... There you go again thinking your opinion is fact. It is only YOUR opinion. And name these people outside this forum who like the early 2010s. Nobody I know cares about it or likes it. Most of them think it's recent. It is simply untrue that most people like the early 2010s, and you have to face that an era you enjoy isn't praised by e averyone nd by no way is it "fantastic" as a fact. If you said most people like the early 2000s, then I would agree because outside of this forum I hear everyone praising it. I personally think the mid 2010s are great and the early 2010s weren't. You can't argue about which era is better when someone likes something and doesn't like something else.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/29/17 at 9:26 pm

Its almost hard to believe Slim is serious. Haha

One thing I'll give to the early 10s, I enjoyed then. Man I wish I could back. Even YouTube was still right then.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/29/17 at 9:26 pm

No worries man. I know not everyone starts playing video games at 3 years old (or any age if they're not interested),

It's interesting that you should say that, because I started to play video games in Late 2001/Early 2002 (around the time I turned 3 years old), but I always thought that I started playing video games at a really young age. It's good to know that other people did as well! :)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/29/17 at 9:29 pm

No, they weren't fantastic in general... There you go again thinking your opinion is fact. It is only YOUR opinion. And name these people outside this forum who like the early 2010s. Nobody I know cares about it or likes it. Most of them think it's recent. It is simply untrue that most people like the early 2010s, and you have to face that an era you enjoy isn't praised by anyone and by no way is it "fantastic" as a fact.
Check out Reddit, Personalitycafe, Neogaf, IGN, Gamespot, etc. There are lots of people on those sites who liked the era, and the general consensus here enjoyed the time period as well. So, it's not just my opinion.

It's interesting that you should say that because I started to play video games in Late 2001/Early 2002 (around the time I turned 3 years old), but I always thought that I started playing video games at a really young age. It's good to know that other people did as well! :)
Same here although I began playing them at 2 years old. :)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/29/17 at 9:35 pm

I might have as well, although I can't remember when exactly I started to play video games. :P

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/29/17 at 9:38 pm

I might have as well, although I can't remember when exactly I started to play video games. :P
Which game console was your first?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/29/17 at 9:40 pm

Which game console was your first?

The PS1. :)

Written By: Slim95 on 10/29/17 at 9:46 pm

Check out Reddit, Personalitycafe, Neogaf, IGN, Gamespot, etc. There are lots of people on those sites who liked the era, and the general consensus here enjoyed the time period as well. So, it's not just my opinion.

Online community doesn't count... People are nostalgic for anything online, and most people don't go on to Reddit to talk about the early 2010s.  ::)  It's not real life. Most ordinary people don't care about the early 2010s and fine it too recent, plain and simple. You have to accept that.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/29/17 at 9:46 pm

Its almost hard to believe Slim is serious. Haha

One thing I'll give to the early 10s, I enjoyed then. Man I wish I could back. Even YouTube was still right then.

Why?  ??? The early 2010s sucked. I find it hard that you are serious in actually liking that era... It was absolutely terrible.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/29/17 at 9:52 pm

The PS1. :)
Awesome! Mines was the SNES.

Online community doesn't count... People are nostalgic for anything online, and most people don't go on to Reddit to talk about the early 2010s.  ::)  It's not real life. Most ordinary people don't care about the early 2010s and fine it too recent, plain and simple. You have to accept that.
So this community doesn't count either? ::)

And just because it's recent doesn't mean that people can't appreciate the era.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/29/17 at 9:54 pm

Awesome! Mines was the SNES.
So this community doesn't count either? ::)

And just because it's recent doesn't mean that people can't appreciate the era.

Ok fine even if most people do like the era, I don't and I never will. I prefer the mid 2010s way more.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/29/17 at 9:58 pm

Ok fine even if most people do like the era, I don't and I never will. I prefer the mid 2010s way more.
No big deal about that. Not everyone is going to like all eras anyway.

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/30/17 at 8:39 am

Oh come on, man. Are you fking kidding me? So now we have to do a fking in real life survey just to see if you're right or not?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/30/17 at 9:36 am

It's interesting that you should say that, because I started to play video games in Late 2001/Early 2002 (around the time I turned 3 years old), but I always thought that I started playing video games at a really young age. It's good to know that other people did as well! :)

Yeah, I started playing video games around that age, too. Arguably the first time I ever played a video game was late 1989 at my cousin's when I was just 2. My parents didn't buy me a SNES until 1992, so all of the gaming I did up to that point was on my cousin's consoles.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/30/17 at 1:59 pm

Oh come on, man. Are you fking kidding me? So now we have to do a fking in real life survey just to see if you're right or not?

No I'm not kidding you. This has been going on for a long time. BuzzFeed got nostalgic for the '90s before anyone else did. Kids online get nostalgic and enjoy many eras, doesn't mean it's true in real life. Nobody gives a single care about the early 2010s in real life. They could care less about something from 7 years ago. Something from 15 - 20 years ago, THAT has people talking now.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/30/17 at 3:24 pm

No I'm not kidding you. This has been going on for a long time. BuzzFeed got nostalgic for the '90s before anyone else did. Kids online get nostalgic and enjoy many eras, doesn't mean it's true in real life. Nobody gives a single care about the early 2010s in real life. They could care less about something from 7 years ago. Something from 15 - 20 years ago, THAT has people talking now.

I actually know a dude, at least enough at my niece's university college who's older than me. I got around to asking him what was his favorite year of the college of all his years there as a student and he picked a year from the early 2010s, I recall 2012. I'm serious.

Your extreme dislike for then is making you out to be the real biased. You should reread your quotes, dude. Its ridiculous.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/30/17 at 4:37 pm

I actually know a dude, at least enough at my niece's university college who's older than me. I got around to asking him what was his favorite year of the college of all his years there as a student and he picked a year from the early 2010s, I recall 2012. I'm serious.

Your extreme dislike for then is making you out to be the real biased. You should reread your quotes, dude. Its ridiculous.

No I'm just saying most people in real life don't talk about how much they love the early 2010s unless they are very young like in their teens now. People generally talk about the 1990s and early 2000s, the early 2010s feels like yesterday to most people. I'm not saying nobody misses the early 2010s or that no one likes the era, I am saying from what I have observed in mainstream media and talking to people in general, the early 2010s don't have a nostalgic factor to it yet and probably won't for some time.

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/30/17 at 8:27 pm

What? How can you even say that. Who are you to speak for other people? I was born '93, my brother born '94 and another born '95 and we're having the time of our lives in the 2010s (except my '95 brother didn't like his last two years of high school). The mid-late 2010s are especially 👌And my sisters born 2005 had a great childhood too.

I guess when you're born too late to experience the 00's, you'd think the 2010s are bliss too.

2010s are a great to be a kid. You have a Disney renaissance, all these great super hero movies, Cartoon Network at its creative peak, great fads like How To Train Your Dragon, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Frozen, Hunger Games, Pokémon GO, fidget spinners etc. The 3DS is the second best handheld (after DS) and Mario Odyssey came and it's better than any Mario you've ever played, that's just a  fact.

Disney cartoons were never as imaginative as Pixar. If superhero movies are the go to for a healthy box office, it's no wonder the box office did so poorly this year. CN still pales in comparison to Nicktoons Network and Disney of the 90s and 00s, if SU and AT are what modern CN presents as its best work, then they're still a little weak. HtTyD was ok, but Shrek 2 and Cloudy was where it was at for Dreamworks. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is from 2004. Frozen is becoming less and less well regarded as we speak. Hunger games became hugely popular in 2008 when the first book came out. Noone wants to remember the pokemon go fad. And I'll bet my wallet money that fidget spinners won't be looked back on fondly by society. I agree that the 3DS is awesome, I'd even go as far to put it above the DS. Though I haven't played Oddessy yet, I've heard that some of the Mario fanbase is still clinging to Mario Galaxy, and considering how amazing that game was, I wouldn't blame them.

And people will bitch about how iPads and tablets are ruining childhoods, but my sister draws beautiful drawings on her tablet in her spare time, and it's just wonderful art. I WISH I could have access to all those free, addictive games as a kid. Then there's Netflix, YouTube and Spotify too. Our city library has ebooks and audiobooks in just a click of a button away too.  All that entertainment right in your hands.

So that's why toy stores are rapidly closing and fidget spinners are now the only non-electronic fad in the past 7 years. Kids are being wired at earlier and earlier ages. What a shame

Written By: 2001 on 10/31/17 at 8:04 pm

I guess when you're born too late to experience the 00's, you'd think the 2010s are bliss too.

Huh? I was 7 in 2000 and almost 17 by the end of the decade. I experienced more of the 2000s than I would've liked. ;D

Disney cartoons were never as imaginative as Pixar. If superhero movies are the go to for a healthy box office, it's no wonder the box office did so poorly this year. CN still pales in comparison to Nicktoons Network and Disney of the 90s and 00s, if SU and AT are what modern CN presents as its best work, then they're still a little weak. HtTyD was ok, but Shrek 2 and Cloudy was where it was at for Dreamworks. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is from 2004. Frozen is becoming less and less well regarded as we speak. Hunger games became hugely popular in 2008 when the first book came out. Noone wants to remember the pokemon go fad. And I'll bet my wallet money that fidget spinners won't be looked back on fondly by society. I agree that the 3DS is awesome, I'd even go as far to put it above the DS. Though I haven't played Oddessy yet, I've heard that some of the Mario fanbase is still clinging to Mario Galaxy, and considering how amazing that game was, I wouldn't blame them.
So that's why toy stores are rapidly closing and fidget spinners are now the only non-electronic fad in the past 7 years. Kids are being wired at earlier and earlier ages. What a shame

What? Dude it's not a competition...

Disney movies are better than Pixar imo. The writing of is simply more intelligent/highbrow. No one who was over 13 then talks about Nicktoons or Disney from the 2000s. The difference is CN actually appears to a more mature audience, that's why they're so critically acclaimed. Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Hunger Games became more popular in the 2010s. The rest is your opinion, and objectively, you have rose coloured glasses for when you were a kid, so it's not a very reliable opinion.

Toy stores are going out of business because people are buying toys online, not because kids aren't buying toys.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/us-business/toys-r-us-files-for-bankruptcy-protection-in-us-to-follow-suit-in-canada/article36295886/?ref=https://www.theglobeandmail.com&service=mobile

"Toys "R" Us, a major force in toy retailing in the 1980s and early 1990s, started losing shoppers to discounters like Walmart and Target and then to Amazon. GlobalData Retail estimates that in 2016 about 13.7 per cent of toy sales were made online, up from 6.5 per cent five years ago.

"While toy sales overall have held up fairly well, they are shifting toward discounters and online companies. U.S. toy sales rose 6 per cent last year on top of a seven per cent increase in the prior year, says NPD Group Inc., a market research firm. That was the biggest increase since 1999 and was fuelled by several blockbuster movies."

Also, as a 2000s kid you should be the last to be talking about someone's childhood having too many electronics. You're talking like you're a '70s kid or something lol.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/31/17 at 9:19 pm

CN actually appears to a more mature audience, that's why they're so critically acclaimed.
I'm still wondering what do you mean by CN's creative peak? The shows are great and all (except Uncle Grandpa), but they don't receive much time compared to TTGO which almost takes up the entire schedule.

Written By: Shemp97 on 11/03/17 at 6:20 pm

Huh? I was 7 in 2000 and almost 17 by the end of the decade. I experienced more of the 2000s than I would've liked. ;D

You were, but your sister wasn't.

Disney movies are better than Pixar imo. The writing of is simply more intelligent/highbrow.

Lmao! Song and dance every 10 mins, and comedic relief characters made to get cheap laughs out of kids is not a sign of good writing.

No one who was over 13 then talks about Nicktoons or Disney from the 2000s. The difference is CN actually appears to a more mature audience, that's why they're so critically acclaimed.

Several animation-centric YouTubers and journalists sure do. CN's cartoon writing hasn't gotten more mature, adults have become more childish thanks to increasing social media use. Judging from the low brow humour many of those shows peddle compared to Billy and Mandy or Making Fiends, cartoons have been getting more childish as E;R indirectly states in his videos.
bmKaQqinWKY
j38aX4JxINQ

Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Hunger Games became more popular in the 2010s. The rest is your opinion, and objectively, you have rose coloured glasses for when you were a kid, so it's not a very reliable opinion.

The entire reason both Wimpy Kid and Hunger Games got movies was because they were big as book series, like Harry Potter.
The rest is backed by widespread opinion, actually.

Toy stores are going out of business because people are buying toys online, not because kids aren't buying toys.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/us-business/toys-r-us-files-for-bankruptcy-protection-in-us-to-follow-suit-in-canada/article36295886/?ref=https://www.theglobeandmail.com&service=mobile

"Toys "R" Us, a major force in toy retailing in the 1980s and early 1990s, started losing shoppers to discounters like Walmart and Target and then to Amazon. GlobalData Retail estimates that in 2016 about 13.7 per cent of toy sales were made online, up from 6.5 per cent five years ago.

"While toy sales overall have held up fairly well, they are shifting toward discounters and online companies. U.S. toy sales rose 6 per cent last year on top of a seven per cent increase in the prior year, says NPD Group Inc., a market research firm. That was the biggest increase since 1999 and was fuelled by several blockbuster movies."

Umm...

Also, as a 2000s kid you should be the last to be talking about someone's childhood having too many electronics. You're talking like you're a '70s kid or something lol.

Huh? Video game consoles don't count, you know, as they have been a big part of most people's childhood since the '00s and are often made in tandom with toys.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 11/03/17 at 7:16 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love pop culture in general and from all decades, and am nostalgic for the 2000's, but I for one am pretty happy to be a teenager in the 2010's, we can access so much stuff online.

If music's what you care about, this is the best decade so far, because you can listen to music from anytime very easily through streaming, and tbh, a lot of music that's made today is good.

If it's video games, there's so many video games being made today with such a large variety, you're bound to find stuff you like, if you like older video games, you can still play those, and there's a lot of video games made today stylized like older games.

For non pop culture stuff, medicine is better, technology is better, quality of living is better, crime rates are down, so much is simply better, not everything, but a lot truly is. :D

Written By: Rainbowz on 11/03/17 at 8:01 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love pop culture in general and from all decades, and am nostalgic for the 2000's, but I for one am pretty happy to be a teenager in the 2010's, we can access so much stuff online.

If music's what you care about, this is the best decade so far, because you can listen to music from anytime very easily through streaming, and tbh, a lot of music that's made today is good.

If it's video games, there's so many video games being made today with such a large variety, you're bound to find stuff you like, if you like older video games, you can still play those, and there's a lot of video games made today stylized like older games.

For non pop culture stuff, medicine is better, technology is better, quality of living is better, crime rates are down, so much is simply better, not everything, but a lot truly is. :D

Everything about your post I completely agree with.

Written By: Shemp97 on 11/08/17 at 7:39 pm

I don't think listening to decade old music makes this current decade's musical output any better.

I agree with this.

Written By: Zelek3 on 11/09/17 at 3:48 am

Several animation-centric YouTubers and journalists sure do. CN's cartoon writing hasn't gotten more mature, adults have become more childish thanks to increasing social media use. Judging from the low brow humour many of those shows peddle compared to Billy and Mandy or Making Fiends, cartoons have been getting more childish as E;R indirectly states in his videos.
bmKaQqinWKY
j38aX4JxINQ

I wouldn't put too much stock into what E;R says. He's a dog-whistling, edgelord alt-righter.

Written By: wixness on 11/09/17 at 9:29 am

Some games aren't being remade though.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 11/10/17 at 4:12 pm

Some games aren't being remade though.

I don't necessarily mean remasters of games, just new video games that are like old ones. :)

That does remind me though, have you guys heard that the thirteen original Xbox games that were made backward compatible for Xbox One, which are usually 480p, have four times the pixels (almost 1080p) running on the normal Xbox One and sixteen times the pixels (almost 4K) on Xbox One X? It's not even upscaled, it's running natively this way, which is pretty cool that the system can do that. The games also have smoother frame rates and faster loading screens, which is great.

Written By: wixness on 11/11/17 at 5:28 am

I don't necessarily mean remasters of games, just new video games that are like old ones. :)

That does remind me though, have you guys heard that the thirteen original Xbox games that were made backward compatible for Xbox One, which are usually 480p, have four times the pixels (almost 1080p) running on the normal Xbox One and sixteen times the pixels (almost 4K) on Xbox One X? It's not even upscaled, it's running natively this way, which is pretty cool that the system can do that. The games also have smoother frame rates and faster loading screens, which is great.

I still want a Saints Row 2 remaster though or whatever - it still isn't compatible on Xbox One as well.

Written By: questoftheninja on 11/11/17 at 7:23 am

This decade has a few cool things but mostly this decade is bland,repetitive,violent,sjw,PC,and cheesy in a had way especially 2013-2017 horrible pop cultural period.

Written By: questoftheninja on 11/11/17 at 7:34 am

Everything about your post I completely agree with.
crime is not down and it's freaking crazier than ever and let's be honest mass shootings were big in this decade not good.the only cool thing about the 10s is the tech but that's it shemp97 is right this decade isn't for all hell I wonder who's gonna be calling stuff in this decade classics because most stuff in this decade will just be remembered but not because their classic.Then you got a lot of repetitive super hero movies that are high prices in theaters and most the super heroes movies now are repetitive pieces of crap with little to no rewatchability.Meanwhile people still love movies and stuff from the 70s,80s and 90s and talk about those movies more.There are some cool things scattred in this decade but it's hard to find.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 11/11/17 at 3:16 pm

crime is not down and it's freaking crazier than ever and let's be honest mass shootings were big in this decade not good.the only cool thing about the 10s is the tech but that's it shemp97 is right this decade isn't for all hell I wonder who's gonna be calling stuff in this decade classics because most stuff in this decade will just be remembered but not because their classic.Then you got a lot of repetitive super hero movies that are high prices in theaters and most the super heroes movies now are repetitive pieces of crap with little to no rewatchability.Meanwhile people still love movies and stuff from the 70s,80s and 90s and talk about those movies more.There are some cool things scattred in this decade but it's hard to find.

I'm assuming you're talking about the United States, crime has been going down for decades, 1991 being the worst year for violent crime. Here's a Wikipedia page about it: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

Check for new replies or respond here...