inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 2020s will be a wild but fun decade

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/19/17 at 6:21 pm

I can tell by what the 10s set up that the 2020s will be a fun wild ride especially if Donald Trump's gets reelected what do do you guys think. ::)

Subject: Re: The 2020s will be a wild but fun decade

Written By: bchris02 on 10/19/17 at 6:57 pm

I can tell by what the 10s set up that the 2020s will be a fun wild ride especially if Donald Trump's gets reelected what do do you guys think. ::)

We don't know.  We could be crawling out of atomic ash and live in a world that looks something like this.

7SU4vD1T4oI

Written By: 2001 on 10/19/17 at 7:12 pm

I think it will be great too.

Written By: John Titor on 10/19/17 at 7:26 pm

2017 had already been better than every year of the 2010s except maybe 2010 and 2011

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/19/17 at 7:30 pm

I don't think he will be reelected. So far, he doesn't have any good approval ratings which is the perfect chance for the Democrats to win back Congress.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/19/17 at 9:31 pm

Trump will probably be re-elected because Bush was re-elected and he was a horrible president too.

Written By: 2001 on 10/19/17 at 9:41 pm

Trump will probably be re-elected because Bush was re-elected and he was a horrible president too.

That's what I've been saying too haha, I have no faith in Americans ;D

Written By: #Infinity on 10/19/17 at 10:02 pm

Oh my god, how many of these vague future speculation threads are you going to post?

Written By: Howard on 10/20/17 at 6:56 am

Oh my god, how many of these vague future speculation threads are you going to post?

I know I agree, Who cares what the 2020's will bring as for now let's focus on the now and present. ::)

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/20/17 at 7:12 am

I know I agree, Who cares what the 2020's will bring as for now let's focus on the now and present. ::)
cause I like these threads I think it's cool to make 2020s predictions and to see that you get right in the future and forget it anyways 2020s are only 2 an a half years away mine as well. :)

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/20/17 at 9:58 am

cause I like these threads I think it's cool to make 2020s predictions and to see that you get right in the future and forget it anyways 2020s are only 2 an a half years away mine as well. :)

The discussion 2020's predictions isn't bad, however, making a thread on them isn't the best idea. I'd say it's better to just start discussions in threads you've already created. Thread topics are known to change within the same thread.

Written By: WiiFan on 10/22/17 at 10:12 pm

It'll probably be the 2010s on steroids  ;D

Written By: musicguy93 on 10/22/17 at 11:45 pm

It'll probably be the 2010s on steroids  ;D

Sure it will.  ::)

Written By: Bab2781 on 10/23/17 at 2:06 am

The only thing that will sound cool is saying the year "2020". It already sounds epic...lol

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/23/17 at 6:20 pm

While we live in crappy times now. There are hints of things getting better.

Outrage culture is beginning to get the mass backlash it deserves thanks to entertainers like Idubbbz, H3H3, Pyrocynical and E;R rising in popularity, gaining minority group followers. And people are slowly learning not to take satire and artistic decisions too seriously anymore.
Video games are more diverse than they been since the PS2/Wii days.
And Netflix is pretty much single-handedly rescuing live action television and pushing it forward.

Of course some events that happened in the early 2010s left their mark on society and cannot be reversed. But if these trends continue, and music and politics follow suit. We could possibly enter another golden era in the 2020s.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/19 at 2:44 pm

Fun? With all this Brexit around?

Written By: Howard on 10/14/19 at 5:40 am

That's just a statement, how would they actually know it will be a fun and wild decade? Can they predict the future? ::)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/20/19 at 2:40 am

I binged watched Schitt's Creek for four hours from Friday night into Saturday morning.

I won't be happy for next year because 04/07/2020 is when Schitt's Creek is ending its run and then Fox Television Networks are getting to run it in the United States.
And I thought I was sad when Good Rockin' Tonite ended its run after 10 years in 1993.  Boy, this sucks! I suppose that the Levys were running a little bit dry on ideas for new ways for the family to get into trouble?

Written By: Slim95 on 10/26/19 at 1:30 am

I just hope it isn't a boring decade. After 2015 the 2010s were so boring it's not even funny. The last 3 or 4 years were probably the most boring and depressing years ever in terms of culture. I don't think it's fair to put the blame on Trump and the rise of fascism around the world, as politics does not need to influence culture as proven in the past, but it's still weirdly coincidental. We are currently in a time of cultural stagnation and decay. Either that or I'm just getting old.

Written By: 2001 on 10/27/19 at 9:03 am

I just hope it isn't a boring decade. After 2015 the 2010s were so boring it's not even funny. The last 3 or 4 years were probably the most boring and depressing years ever in terms of culture. I don't think it's fair to put the blame on Trump and the rise of fascism around the world, as politics does not need to influence culture as proven in the past, but it's still weirdly coincidental. We are currently in a time of cultural stagnation and decay. Either that or I'm just getting old.

I agree 2015-2019 have been really lame in terms of tech gadgets. Foldable phones, smart speakers and wireless earbuds have been nice additions, but I'm itching for something life-changing. Self-driving cars have been delayed indefinitely and I'm left wondering what is on the near-horizon.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/27/19 at 12:19 pm

I agree 2015-2019 have been really lame in terms of tech gadgets. Foldable phones, smart speakers and wireless earbuds have been nice additions, but I'm itching for something life-changing. Self-driving cars have been delayed indefinitely and I'm left wondering what is on the near-horizon.

I agree. Terribly boring and slow for tech. The last time tech was exciting was in 2015.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/19 at 3:06 pm

or maybe they'll make another new gadget like Alexa or Siri?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/27/19 at 3:10 pm

or maybe they'll make another new gadget like Alexa or Siri?  ???
I do not trust Alexa, it is listening to you!

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 10/31/19 at 1:02 am

First technology hints of the 2020s:
-PS5
-XBOX Scarlett
-Google Stadia
-Disney+

Written By: Slim95 on 10/31/19 at 2:10 pm

Yeah the Disney+ and other new streaming channels kind of reminds me of the rise of Netflix itself and decline of Blockbuster right before the 2010s began. I can see Netflix declining quite a big and the new subscription channels like Disney+ and HBO Max rising.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 10/31/19 at 8:47 pm

Yeah the Disney+ and other new streaming channels kind of reminds me of the rise of Netflix itself and decline of Blockbuster right before the 2010s began. I can see Netflix declining quite a big and the new subscription channels like Disney+ and HBO Max.

Ehh, I dont really see Netflix declining, lots of shows like Stranger Things are still popular

Written By: Slim95 on 11/01/19 at 1:37 am

Ehh, I dont really see Netflix declining, lots of shows like Stranger Things are still popular

Won't be for long.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/19 at 7:03 am

I have yet to start watching it.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/19 at 7:27 am

Won't be for long.

Won't be too long for what?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/19 at 1:45 pm

Won't be too long for what?
...and we just have to wait

Written By: rapplepop on 11/02/19 at 12:24 am

Netflix is gonna be screwed when they lose Friends and The Office.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/19 at 12:27 am

I am still trying to catch up with "Friends", currently on series 7.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/19 at 2:47 pm

Netflix will be around for a long time.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 11/04/19 at 2:14 am

Netflix will be around for a long time.

Exactly, without Netflix, shows like Stranger Things or Riverdale wouldn't exist, and that's what makes up true late 2010s culture.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/19 at 5:37 am

Exactly, without Netflix, shows like Stranger Things or Riverdale wouldn't exist, and that's what makes up true late 2010s culture.

And if Netflix wasn't around, most likely we would be looking for videos in Blockbuster.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/04/19 at 7:29 am

You think those shows will never end? Netflix will die as soon as the other streaming services get more popular. People will boycott it because they don't want to pay when their shows are on the other services.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 11/04/19 at 10:47 am

Woah, what happened to Charmed17's account?

Written By: Slim95 on 11/04/19 at 7:20 pm

Apple TV+ is also coming to compete with Netflix. Netflix is going down... All of the shows from there won't be on there anymore and moved to the new services. Netflix is slowly and surely becoming the new Blockbuster and will die off. Netflix originals will not be around forever. People will also eventually lose interest.

Written By: Howard on 11/05/19 at 7:11 am

You think those shows will never end? Netflix will die as soon as the other streaming services get more popular. People will boycott it because they don't want to pay when their shows are on the other services.

So what happens to my account? ???

Written By: rapplepop on 11/06/19 at 8:55 pm

Apple TV+ is also coming to compete with Netflix. Netflix is going down... All of the shows from there won't be on there anymore and moved to the new services. Netflix is slowly and surely becoming the new Blockbuster and will die off. Netflix originals will not be around forever. People will also eventually lose interest.

Netflix may still be around, but it will be far less relevant in the 2020s. Between losing its cornerstone shows and the juggernaut of Disney it's pretty much doomed. I hope I can still watch Black Mirror though.

Written By: Howard on 11/07/19 at 5:34 am

Netflix may still be around, but it will be far less relevant in the 2020s. Between losing its cornerstone shows and the juggernaut of Disney it's pretty much doomed. I hope I can still watch Black Mirror though.

What will people be watching in the 2020's?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/07/19 at 5:53 pm

What will people be watching in the 2020's?

It will all be reboots.

TV production will be shut down in the 2020s and we’ll all be watching 1980s and 1990s reruns.  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 11/07/19 at 6:13 pm

It will all be reboots.

TV production will be shut down in the 2020s and we’ll all be watching 1980s and 1990s reruns.  ;D

I hope not! That would be awful. The media really needs to get with the times. They should stop with all the reboots and focus on more original TV production ideas. Same thing with music.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/19 at 7:09 am

I hope not! That would be awful. The media really needs to get with the times. They should stop with all the reboots and focus on more original TV production ideas. Same thing with music.

Instead of moving forward, they're moving backwards.  ::)

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 11/08/19 at 11:30 am

Instead of moving forward, they're moving backwards.  ::)

I know right  ???

Written By: Howard on 11/08/19 at 1:33 pm

I know right  ???

I get it, people like nostalgia but we have to move forward sometimes, just do away with the reboots cause it's not going to be as good as it once was and also actors and actress get older, they might not be interested as they once did.

Written By: Mat1991 on 11/09/19 at 12:42 am

It makes me wonder if "reboot fatigue" will ever kick in.  ::)

Although I am interested in the Lizzie McGuire reboot. I've always wanted to know what her life was like after she became famous in the movie. But that's a topic for another day.  :D

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/19 at 1:33 am

Although I am interested in the Lizzie McGuire reboot. I've always wanted to know what her life was like after she became famous in the movie. But that's a topic for another day.  :D

I bet you they will ignore the movie and pretend it never happened. That seems like a Disney move to make. Just rewriting history and cancelling certain things out.

Written By: exodus08 on 11/09/19 at 2:21 pm

Come on people It's the 21st Century. We need to stop with rebooting stuff from last Century. "Get with the times man!" Bart Simpson.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/19 at 2:52 pm

I think it will set in within the next few years or so.

Written By: Howard on 11/09/19 at 2:55 pm

Come on people It's the 21st Century. We need to stop with rebooting stuff from last Century. "Get with the times man!" Bart Simpson.

Our generation is getting older so we can remember when we had our regular TV shows and sitcoms that we watched growing up but the generation that we have now didn't experience what we used to watch so they'd like to experience our memories.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/09/19 at 4:13 pm

They ran out of ideas I guess. There's no more creativity in film and TV unfortunately. We have passed that point now so everything is on life support by rebooting older shows and movies.

Written By: Sman12 on 11/09/19 at 5:36 pm

They ran out of ideas I guess. There's no more creativity in film and TV unfortunately. We have passed that point now so everything is on life support by rebooting older shows and movies.

That and the oversaturation of superhero-oriented movies (although I did really like Joker, Infinity War, and Endgame, btw).

Written By: Howard on 11/10/19 at 7:10 am

So, you're saying that there's nothing good on TV and radio? And you know something you're right! It's not like what it used to be.

Written By: piecesof93 on 12/28/19 at 7:32 pm

For music, I predict hip-hop will be replaced by pop music again. Unfortunately, we have an oversaturation of rappers right now and although many rap fans are excited to see rap become the biggest genre in the West, seeing rap become so commercialized will probably mean that it's gonna fall hard once that 2010s backlash settles in the 2020s. It'll still most likely be thriving underground though and will come back into popularity again. It'll probably be a similar cycle we saw in the in the early 2010s to the present.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/28/19 at 7:56 pm

I hope pop comes back because it died on the mainstream and if I have to be forced to listen to mainstream music I would prefer catchy pop. Pop music is garbage anyway but it may as well be more tolerable garbage. For that reason I did not mind mid 2010s music but I did mind early 2010s music because the music actually sounded bad, fake, and repetitive.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 12/28/19 at 10:52 pm

I hope pop comes back because it died on the mainstream and if I have to be forced to listen to mainstream music I would prefer catchy pop. Pop music is garbage anyway but it may as well be more tolerable garbage. For that reason I did not mind mid 2010s music but I did mind early 2010s music because the music actually sounded bad, fake, and repetitive.

LOL what? Pop music is still popular. There is definitely still new "catchy pop" songs on the radio. I don't know what you're talking about.

Pop music will NEVER die.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/28/19 at 11:37 pm

LOL what? Pop music is still popular. There is definitely still new "catchy pop" songs on the radio. I don't know what you're talking about.

Nope.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/06/2018-year-the-pop-star-died

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/pop-music-offcially-dead

https://medium.com/@TheDPurcell/is-pop-music-dying-6bb0fe85a3ae

https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/61437/version/117864

https://www.altpress.com/news/poppy-pop-music-dead/

Pop music will NEVER die.

It already has.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/29/19 at 3:54 am

I'm looking forward to a time when there's a Schitt's Creek spin-off show!

Written By: Howard on 12/29/19 at 7:02 am

I hope disco and funk come back, LOL!  ;D

Written By: Sman12 on 12/29/19 at 10:18 am

The early 2020s will probably carry the hostile political sh*tshow that we've seen in the late 2010s if Trump gets re-elected. But even if he isn't, things like cancel culture and political correctness will still be commonplace in our society for a while.  :-\\

Written By: 2001 on 12/29/19 at 11:39 am

Nope.

It already has.

Now that K-Pop satisfies all our needs, there is no more use for a domestic pop industry (except Carly Rae Jepsen).

fsLww9feIcc

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 12/29/19 at 1:20 pm

Nope.

It already has.

LOL, overly dramatic opinion articles. What "compelling" evidence?  ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/29/19 at 2:05 pm

The early 2020s will probably carry the hostile political sh*tshow that we've seen in the late 2010s if Trump gets re-elected. But even if he isn't, things like cancel culture and political correctness will still be commonplace in our society for a while.  :-\\

How will Trump fare another 4 more years until 2024? ???

Written By: Sman12 on 12/29/19 at 7:01 pm

Honestly, with his surprising win in 2016, I think he'll fare quite well (if he gets re-elected).

Written By: rapplepop on 12/29/19 at 10:12 pm

Now that K-Pop satisfies all our needs, there is no more use for a domestic pop industry (except Carly Rae Jepsen).

fsLww9feIcc

I like this song, strong 80s vibe going on.

Written By: Howard on 12/30/19 at 4:34 am

Honestly, with his surprising win in 2016, I think he'll fare quite well (if he gets re-elected).

It's going to be quite difficult to survive 4 more years of Trump.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/30/19 at 11:03 pm

If he lasts the senate vote then we're all in trouble but there are more and more sane people in the GOP who will vote to impeach him.  Hopefully, he won't last for too much longer.

Written By: wagonman76 on 12/31/19 at 10:41 pm

Historically it seems decades in multiples of 20 (like 1920s, 1980s, 2000s) have an exciting futuristic vibe.  Where others (like 1930s, 1970s, 1990s) were more depressing.  So I'm hoping for something exciting in the future.

Written By: GameXcaper on 12/31/19 at 11:06 pm

Historically it seems decades in multiples of 20 (like 1920s, 1980s, 2000s) have an exciting futuristic vibe.  Where others (like 1930s, 1970s, 1990s) were more depressing.  So I'm hoping for something exciting in the future.

I think the 1950s are an exception as well as the 1940s. But for the most part agree though the 90s also had a lot of futurism. So did the early and late 70s with the moon landings and star wars, and the early 1930s coming out of the 1920s with soaring skyscrapers, flying airships and planes that could land on water.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/31/19 at 11:12 pm

I don't know if that rule will stick but we'll see.

Written By: Dundee on 01/01/20 at 8:23 am

So far nothing happened in the 2020s :|

What a terrible decade!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/01/20 at 8:36 am

EVERYBODY DO THE CHARLESTON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7SNTSq-9o

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/01/20 at 3:40 pm

I...I don't know how!

Written By: man 2000 on 01/03/20 at 4:34 am

We will have to wait and see how the 2020s turn out first, before we can pass any kind of judgement on it.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/03/20 at 8:41 pm

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US? I CAN HEAR YOU JUST FINE!!!

Written By: 2001 on 01/03/20 at 9:35 pm

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US? I CAN HEAR YOU JUST FINE!!!

But did you do the Charleston?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/04/20 at 1:18 am

But did you do the Charleston?

I don't know how?

Written By: Dundee on 01/06/20 at 8:28 am

It sure is wild so far

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/06/20 at 7:27 pm

My grandmother taught us the Charleston. For her 100th birthday party (which she missed by 6 months  :\'( :\'( :\'(), we all danced the Charleston in her memory.

Cat

Written By: man 2000 on 01/06/20 at 7:33 pm

It will be an insane and wild decade.

Written By: Howard on 01/07/20 at 7:12 am

On the news, they're already showing the new technology that will be available soon.

Written By: Sman12 on 01/07/20 at 10:18 am

On the news, they're already showing the new technology that will be available soon.

I hope 5G becomes readily available to phone users by the fourth quarter of this year.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/07/20 at 11:26 am

I hope 5G becomes readily available to phone users by the fourth quarter of this year.

I'm hoping high speed internet comes available in my area by the fourth quarter of this year like they have been saying.  Been online since 1997 and never had it available to me yet at any house I've lived.

Written By: Howard on 01/07/20 at 2:39 pm

I'm hoping high speed internet comes available in my area by the fourth quarter of this year like they have been saying.  Been online since 1997 and never had it available to me yet at any house I've lived.

I want high speed internet to be more "high speed".

Written By: man 2000 on 01/08/20 at 12:35 am

I love to have high speed internet, but i want it to be super fast speed internet.

Written By: Howard on 01/08/20 at 3:40 pm

I love to have high speed internet, but i want it to be super fast speed internet.

I definitely agree.

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/20 at 4:47 pm

I definitely agree.

I have decent Internet. I can download an HD movie in about 2-3 minutes.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8927225358.png

Written By: Howard on 01/09/20 at 6:58 am

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8927225358.png

What do you use?

Written By: Senor Teletubby on 01/09/20 at 10:51 am

Can we all agree that the internet has gotten too fast?  I’m not saying I want to go back to dial up modems but that wouldn’t be so bad.  It’s too fast now.  I click on a page and it loads before I can blink.  That’s scary and it tells me the government is watching.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/09/20 at 11:32 am

I miss when things were simple enough when dial up modems could handle it just fine.  Nowadays it seems pages are so complex that things are being hidden from me and I don't like that.  This forum is a rare exception.

Anything faster than 26400 dialup is a bonus for me right now.  The phone with hotspot works but it is spotty.  By the end of the year they say fiber optic is coming.  It will be like winning the lottery.  I probably won't know what to do.

There was one bonus of the slower loading pages of dialup.  Many years ago there was one dating site where like many you had to pay to read your messages.  But if you stopped the page quick enough as it loaded you could read the message before the script loaded that hid the message and said you had to pay.  Never found anyone worth meeting so glad I didn't have to pay for those messages.  But the only one that is primitive enough to work anymore is POF.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/20 at 2:37 pm

Can we all agree that the internet has gotten too fast?  I’m not saying I want to go back to dial up modems but that wouldn’t be so bad.  It’s too fast now.  I click on a page and it loads before I can blink.  That’s scary and it tells me the government is watching.

nothing wrong with internet being too fast.

Written By: Senor Teletubby on 01/09/20 at 2:44 pm

nothing wrong with internet being too fast.

Sometimes it’s too fast and you can miss something, ya know??

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/10/20 at 10:43 am

The Internet is the same for everyone, it is the wi-fi that the problem.

Written By: man 2000 on 01/14/20 at 11:09 pm

The old internet set was a lot better and simple. Dial up Modems were really a cool set up back in the day, everything now on the new internet set up is very fast and sometimes you forget what internet page you were looking at.

Written By: 2001 on 01/14/20 at 11:12 pm

The old internet set was a lot better and simple. Dial up Modems were really a cool set up back in the day, everything now on the new internet set up is very fast and sometimes you forget what internet page you were looking at.

;D ;D ;D

You just might be a better troll than me ;D

There's nothing cool about dial-up

Written By: man 2000 on 01/15/20 at 2:17 am

;D ;D ;D

Well that is your opinion.

Dial up was cool and simple at one point. It's old and outdated nowadays, the internet is more then a bunch of web pages, it has social media websites now and the speed for internet has become more faster then ever before.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/20 at 5:22 am

;D ;D ;D

Dial Up was way too slow.

Written By: 2001 on 01/15/20 at 5:53 am

Well that is your opinion.

Dial up was cool and simple at one point. It's old and outdated nowadays, the internet is more then a bunch of web pages, it has social media websites now and the speed for internet has become more faster then ever before.

You have a point about social media, but that only got bad when it went mobile and 24/7 imo. There was not much wrong with it when it was broadband and on our computers only.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/20 at 6:01 am

Dial Up was way too slow.
...and the line was taken away when required to make a phone call.

Written By: Sman12 on 01/15/20 at 6:09 am

That must've been tough to endure.

Written By: 2001 on 01/15/20 at 6:14 am

My mom was on the phone 24/7. I effectively did not have Internet growing up. :(

Written By: Howard on 01/16/20 at 7:36 am

That must've been tough to endure.

And then you had to wait for people to get off the phone to use the computer.

Written By: Sman12 on 01/17/20 at 11:38 am

And then you had to wait for people to get off the phone to use the computer.

Well, I'm certainly glad that broadband connection became more commonplace in the 2000s.

Written By: man 2000 on 01/17/20 at 7:41 pm

Dial up broadband was a very important thing in the early 2000s and i'm glad it became a very common thing.

Check for new replies or respond here...