inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When do you think music will be completely late 10s?

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/25/17 at 5:01 pm

It definitely feels like tv,videogames,and atmospheres are starting to feel different from mid 10s and seeming late 10s,but music still doesn't seem at all different from the mid 10s when do you think you will be able to see it finally be more of a late 10s feel or enough to wear it feels different from the mid 10s.Thanks for answering :)

Subject: Re: When do you think music will be completely late 10s?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/25/17 at 5:23 pm

Hopefully next year. At least, the music is becoming diverse again.

Written By: Charmed17 on 10/25/17 at 5:28 pm

Hopefully next year. At least, the music is becoming diverse again.
your right I'm glad music is diverse again.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/25/17 at 5:34 pm

your right I'm glad music is diverse again.
Same here. Latin music, R&B and non-trap rap have returned to the mainstream. Now,  if Adult contemporary music and Rock can make a comeback as well, that would be great.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/25/17 at 5:43 pm

It definitely feels like tv,videogames,and atmospheres are starting to feel different from mid 10s and seeming late 10s,but music still doesn't seem at all different from the mid 10s when do you think you will be able to see it finally be more of a late 10s feel or enough to wear it feels different from the mid 10s.Thanks for answering :)

I agree with the other stuff, but how are videogames starting to feel different besides the Nintendo Switch?

Written By: #Infinity on 10/25/17 at 6:59 pm

It’s frankly taking forever for current music to distinguish itself from what was popular in 2014. Considering the overwhelming majority of big names today were already really famous back in 2013, 2014, or 2015, there’s clearly not much changing drastically anytime that soon. At most, maybe significant new musical trends and figures will emerge around the 2018-2019 school year, similar to how there was a far bigger musical shift during the 1998-1999 school year than the 1997-1998 school year.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/25/17 at 7:07 pm

I'm going to be a real pessimist here and say that music will most likely remain the same until at least 2019... :(

Written By: Shemp97 on 10/26/17 at 8:00 pm

I expect mid 2018 to be real era of change. We'll probably be looking back at 2017 5 years from now thinking how identical it is to 2014.

Same here. Latin music, R&B and non-trap rap have returned to the mainstream. Now,  if Adult contemporary music and Rock can make a comeback as well, that would be great.

The Latin music still sounds like regular Bieber pop music, just with Spanish. And I'm still waiting for Gangsta rap, R&B rap and Alternative rap to make a comeback.

Written By: Rainbowz on 11/25/17 at 12:55 pm

I'm so confused. Why do they call it Adult contemporary? Is it just a music genre for adults or something?  ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 11/27/17 at 12:31 am

They are completely late '10s now... I don't understand anyone who says music is still mid 2010s, it simply isn't at all and hasn't been since early 2016.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/27/17 at 12:35 am

It’s frankly taking forever for current music to distinguish itself from what was popular in 2014. Considering the overwhelming majority of big names today were already really famous back in 2013, 2014, or 2015, there’s clearly not much changing drastically anytime that soon. At most, maybe significant new musical trends and figures will emerge around the 2018-2019 school year, similar to how there was a far bigger musical shift during the 1998-1999 school year than the 1997-1998 school year.

Music is not the same since 2014... Music is the same since 2016.

How can you say music doesn't feel different at all since the mid 2010s?  ??? Music seems like the biggest cultural difference compared to the mid 2010s... Everything else seems similar except for Trump being president. Music seems very different compared to 2015. Mid 2010s music is long gone now.

I'm going to be a real pessimist here and say that music will most likely remain the same until at least 2019... :(

It wouldn't surprise me.

I expect mid 2018 to be real era of change. We'll probably be looking back at 2017 5 years from now thinking how identical it is to 2014.

I could see there being a major cultural shift mid or late 2018. Or even the 2018 - 2019 school year.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/27/17 at 12:37 am

I've mentioned this before on the forum but most people think we are wither still in the mid 2010s for music and culture or that we are currently in a transition period... Both are incorrect. 2016 was the transitional period and we are solidly in late 2010s music and culture now.

Check for new replies or respond here...