inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Hits Keep on Coming in Hollywood

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/01/17 at 1:49 pm

In the latest set of accusations, Dustin Hoffman is now apologizing for playing grab-butt with a 17 year old intern, and Jeremy Piven is accused of un towards conduct regarding another actress.

Although in the case of Piven, a few years ago, Debra Messing outed him for "jamming his tongue down my throat" when they were filming a kiss scene for Will & Grace back in the day. 

Who knows what else is coming down the pike? Next thing you know, somebody will be accusing the chick from Touched by an Angel of sleeping with a married man.

Bill Cosby has to be laughing his butt off...

Subject: Re: The Hits Keep on Coming in Hollywood

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/17 at 1:53 pm

In the latest set of accusations, Dustin Hoffman is now apologizing for playing grab-butt with a 17 year old intern, and Jeremy Piven is accused of un towards conduct regarding another actress.

Although in the case of Piven, a few years ago, Debra Messing outed him for "jamming his tongue down my throat" when they were filming a kiss scene for Will & Grace back in the day. 

Who knows what else is coming down the pike? Next thing you know, somebody will be accusing the chick from Touched by an Angel of sleeping with a married man.

I just adapted my HW allegation topic to cover Hollywood and the movie industry.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/17 at 2:46 pm

Man, this is not good.  :o

Written By: HeyJealousy on 11/02/17 at 10:00 pm

Why does this shock people?
Fame and wealth do not always translate to moral purity.
I'm sure that there are folks in Hollywood whose hands are clean, but it's a powerful industry and power corrupts.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/03/17 at 9:59 am

Why does this shock people?
Fame and wealth do not always translate to moral purity.
I'm sure that there are folks in Hollywood whose hands are clean, but it's a powerful industry and power corrupts.

I would suggest that they rarely do

Written By: HeyJealousy on 11/03/17 at 3:04 pm

I would suggest that they rarely do

Preach, bro.

Unfortunately, too many are under the impression that they do.

If you want to see the sheer glorification of wealth, at its worst, just look at the massive following that the Kardashian klan has obtained over the years.
It's sad, shocking and astounding, but it's not a myth.
The blame can be squarely pinned on the mass media; they market and heavily promote shows and films that celebrate fame, power and wealth. It's embedded in youths' psychology now. The race for the riches.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/03/17 at 3:47 pm

; they market and heavily promote shows and films that celebrate fame, power and wealth. It's embedded in youths' psychology now. The race for the riches.

The race for the riches is. It a new phenomenon. Been going on for millennia.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 11/03/17 at 4:32 pm

The race for the riches is. It a new phenomenon. Been going on for millennia.

I agree. It's not a new phenomenon at all.

But thanks to the social media explosion, this materialistic culture is more blatantly apparent than it was 10-15+ years ago.

Check for new replies or respond here...