inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2010s So Far - Fem or Butch?

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/14/17 at 5:46 pm

Do you consider the 2010s to be Femme, Masculine, a balance, or other so far?

Why?

Subject: Re: 2010s So Far - Fem or Butch?

Written By: John Titor on 11/14/17 at 6:22 pm

Do you consider the 2010s to be Femme, Masculine, a balance, or other so far?

Why?

femme

Written By: 2001 on 11/14/17 at 6:28 pm

I'm too SJW for this thread. Why do we need to gender a decade? ;D Gender roles FTL!

"la décennie" and "les années 2010" are feminine nouns in French though.

Written By: Rainbowz on 11/14/17 at 8:27 pm

THERE ARE MORE THAN TWO GENDERS
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wksz6yD1STk/hqdefault.jpg
(sorry I had to)

Written By: #Infinity on 11/14/17 at 8:48 pm

Hands down, butch. This decade has been quite significant for feminism and asserting oneself against traditional gender roles. There's nothing "fem" about this decade, regardless of what angle you look at it from.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/14/17 at 9:12 pm

Butch. Because we still live in a patriarchy.

Darn it, what's wrong with me!  >:(  >:(  :(  :(  :(

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/14/17 at 9:15 pm

My second question is very important guys. Can I get reasons why you feel the way you do?

Written By: John Titor on 11/14/17 at 9:31 pm

Hands down, butch. This decade has been quite significant for feminism and asserting oneself against traditional gender roles. There's nothing "fem" about this decade, regardless of what angle you look at it from.

This decade is nothing but Fem

Other than Trumps crazyness, there has been nothing masculine about this decade lol
This has also been the decade where female rappers like Niki Minaj, Cardi B take over.

Feminism has taken over 2014-2016 and is now slowing declining in 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-wave_feminism

2014: Free the Nipple, a 2014 movie by Lina Esco, was released as a critique of American perceptions of female sexuality and the over-sexualization of the female body. The film sparked the Free the Nipple movement which argues for a female's right to show her breasts in public. It has also inspired many Free the Nipple marches across the United States and world.
2017: Women's March on Washington, in addition to worldwide demonstrations, took place on January 21, 2017 to protest the inauguration of Donald J. Trump and voice support for women's rights.

Not to  mention The slut walk etc and commercials , there is nothing really macho about this decade, hence why you might see it
get big soon.

Written By: John Titor on 11/14/17 at 9:36 pm

My second question is very important guys. Can I get reasons why you feel the way you do?

2010 was butch but around 2014 is when the next level of feminism took over,
it was in commercials, Tumblr, Sjws etc etc, The slut walk, Free the nipple, amber rose,
cardi B. The kind of people Rainbowz mention in his meme, started taking over the internet.

the only thing masculine about the decade was Donald Trump. You have apps like Tinder
and Sugar Daddy apps that cater to women.

Sexual liberation is not bad, however
Marriage rates have declined and divorce rates have increased.  In Tokyo there is a population
decrease due to men not wanting to have sex. Sex Dolls are the new big thing over there I kid you not LOL

I think 2010 was like the perfect balance, we didn't really have SJWS either which was good.
We started getting Don't ask don't tell repealed , which further progressed society- Another win.

Written By: 2001 on 11/14/17 at 10:45 pm

2010 was butch but around 2014 is when the next level of feminism took over,
it was in commercials, Tumblr, Sjws etc etc, The slut walk, Free the nipple, amber rose,
cardi B. The kind of people Rainbowz mention in his meme, started taking over the internet.

the only thing masculine about the decade was Donald Trump. You have apps like Tinder
and Sugar Daddy apps that cater to women.

Sexual liberation is not bad, however
Marriage rates have declined and divorce rates have increased.  In Tokyo there is a population
decrease due to men not wanting to have sex. Sex Dolls are the new big thing over there I kid you not LOL

I think 2010 was like the perfect balance, we didn't really have SJWS either which was good.
We started getting Don't ask don't tell repealed , which further progressed society- Another win.

Feminism and femininity aren't the same. In fact, breaking down a lot of 'feminine' gender roles is a huge part of certain types of feminism. ???

Written By: 80sfan on 11/14/17 at 10:58 pm

My first answer was actually half serious.

But the more direct answer, and more of my opinion, is fem. That is, if you go to with the conventional
ideas and definitions of what feminity is.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 11/15/17 at 12:19 am

2010-2014: Fem

2015: Neither Fem nor Butch

2016-2017: Butch

Written By: Howard on 11/15/17 at 7:15 am

It seems now in the 2010's almost every celebrity is or has been coming out gay or lesbian.

Written By: John Titor on 11/15/17 at 1:35 pm

Pretty sure the 2010s is leaning  more to women lol

- Unlimited sex anytime you want it with as many partners as you want. Zero effort required. Can be ugly. Just swipe
- Thirsty white knights trampling all over each other just to get the chance to tip their hats to you and call you "m'lady".
- Justice system designed specifically for you. Ditto to the welfare state. Ditto to the education system. Basically all of society.
- All the risks of marriage off-shored to men.
- Can be anything in life, from the most masculine occupation to the most feminine and nobody judges you either way.

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/15/17 at 9:42 pm

I think of Trump as the worst of masculinity - incredibly insecure and putting up a macho front to compensate.

Written By: Dundee on 02/23/18 at 3:31 pm

I will say women culture boomed this decade on the internet specifically with all the social media, instagram models, make-up and fashion communities and DIY Youtube channels. The days of "Rule 16: There are no girls on the internet" seem very, very far behind  :o

Written By: 2001 on 02/24/18 at 12:58 am

I will say women culture boomed this decade on the internet specifically with all the social media, instagram models, make-up and fashion communities and DIY Youtube channels. The days of "Rule 16: There are no girls on the internet" seem very, very far behind  :o

I remember when G.I.R.L stood for Guy In Real Life ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...