inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Incredibles 2 is finally here!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 11/18/17 at 3:23 pm

Disney/Pixar has just released the teaser trailer for The Incredibles 2, the sequel to 2004's The Incredibles:

ZJDMWVZta3M

I can't wait for this movie to come out. I've been waiting for a sequel to The Incredibles for over 13 years! I was 5 when the original came out and now I'm 18.

The Incredibles 2 comes out on June 15th, 2018. I'll be ALMOST 19 years old. The movie theaters will be FILLED with many 18-25 year olds ;D.

Subject: Re: The Incredibles 2 is finally here!

Written By: annimal on 11/18/17 at 3:53 pm

the who?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 11/18/17 at 4:10 pm

the who?

THE INCREDIBLES 8)

http://mefeater.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/open-uri20160812-3094-1yvq19j_45e9153a.jpeg

Written By: annimal on 11/18/17 at 6:16 pm

a bunch of people wearing sleep masks with holes cut in them

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 11/18/17 at 6:34 pm

Disney/Pixar has just released the teaser trailer for The Incredibles 2, the sequel to 2004's The Incredibles:

ZJDMWVZta3M

I can't wait for this movie to come out. I've been waiting for a sequel to The Incredibles for over 13 years! I was 5 when the original came out and now I'm 18.

Not to sound like a prick, but Pixar's heyday (1999-2010) is long gone. I feel this film will be another Monster's University.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 11/18/17 at 6:40 pm

Not to sound like a prick, but Pixar's heyday (1999-2010) is long gone. I feel this film will be another Monster's University.

Monsters University was a good movie. It wasn't as good as Monsters, Inc. but it was still good.

Also, I believe that The Incredibles 2 will be just as great if not greater than The Incredibles.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 11/19/17 at 1:02 pm

I honestly wished that the sequel wasn't in a floating timeline and actually did a 15 year time skip into the present. Meaning the Incredible kids would be in their teens & 20s, and would succeed their parents. A coming of age film so to speak. I think it'll be pretty cool for the film to sort of 'grow up' with the young adults who remember watching it as kids, having the film have some mature themes, without completely alienating a younger fanbase. Imagine seeing a 20-something Dash being an official Olympian athlete, who also in secrecy works covertly as a superhero for a secret society for people with superpowers (like The Avengers) or some cool stuff like that!?

You'd get the people who grew up with the film, whom are also now in their 20's, while also introducing the franchise to a new generation kids. Just a thought.

From what I've heard, the recent sequel Cars 3 handled this pretty well, as Lightning McQueen had clearly aged from the first two films, but his ambition to return to prominence was clearly visible. Thus the film was able to retain the old fans who grew up with the original, while also introducing the film to many new generations of kids, especially with their immense marketing with their toys.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/19/17 at 2:08 pm

I honestly wished that the sequel wasn't in a floating timeline and actually did a 15 year time skip into the present. Meaning the Incredible kids would be in their teens & 20s, and would succeed their parents. A coming of age film so to speak. I think it'll be pretty cool for the film to sort of 'grow up' with the young adults who remember watching it as kids, having the film have some mature themes, without completely alienating a younger fanbase. Imagine seeing a 20-something Dash being an official Olympian athlete, who also in secrecy works covertly as a superhero for a secret society for people with superpowers (like The Avengers) or some cool stuff like that!?

You'd get the people who grew up with the film, whom are also now in their 20's, while also introducing the franchise to a new generation kids. Just a thought.

From what I've heard, the recent sequel Cars 3 handled this pretty well, as Lightning McQueen had clearly aged from the first two films, but his ambition to return to prominence was clearly visible. Thus the film was able to retain the old fans who grew up with the original, while also introducing the film to many new generations of kids, especially with their immense marketing with their toys.

That, plus stylistically the first movie was set in the early 1960's and I was also hoping that the sequel would be set 15 years later, because it would have been funny to see it take place in the mid-late 1970's Malaise Era.

Written By: Zelek3 on 11/19/17 at 4:10 pm

Meh, I generally don't like "characters aged up" stories.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 11/19/17 at 4:59 pm

That, plus stylistically the first movie was set in the early 1960's and I was also hoping that the sequel would be set 15 years later, because it would have been funny to see it take place in the mid-late 1970's Malaise Era.

The first film actually made a time jump within the film (from the late 1940s to the early 1960s).

Maybe, they will do something similar in The Incredibles 2 or they could do it in a potential The Incredibles 3.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 11/19/17 at 5:03 pm

Same here. Only in a few cases do I like movies or TV shows where the characters are aged up.

Written By: Zelek3 on 11/20/17 at 2:50 am

Hey Zelda, off topics, but since Slick Willie Blythe may soon be outed as a sexual harasser (according to Chris Hayes), have you considered changing your avatar?

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/20/17 at 6:53 am

It's just not the same is it?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 11/20/17 at 8:17 am

Hey Zelda, off topics, but since Slick Willie Blythe may soon be outed as a sexual harasser (according to Chris Hayes), have you considered changing your avatar?

I have it as mainly a parody of the 42nd President, hence my slogan "Neo-Liberal Schill"

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 11/20/17 at 9:31 pm

I honestly don't even remember much about The Incredibles, I would have to watch it again honestly.

Well, you was 2 years old when The Incredibles came out...so that's understandable.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 11/21/17 at 9:10 am

Well, you was 2 years old when The Incredibles came out...so that's understandable.

Well its likely he had the movie on DVD growing up ;).

For comparison sake, I was only a toddler during the tail end of the Disney Renaissance and yet I still claim those films (along with the earlier renaissance films) as part of my childhood.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 11/21/17 at 11:35 am

For comparison sake, I was only a toddler during the tail end of the Disney Renaissance and yet I still claim those films (along with the earlier renaissance films) as part of my childhood.

The first Pixar film I watched was Monsters, Inc in 2001 when I was 2 and I claim it as being apart of my childhood.

Additionally, I claim ALL the films from the Disney Renaissance as being apart of my childhood. I even got to see The Lion King in theaters when it was re-released in 2002.

Written By: Zelek3 on 11/21/17 at 4:16 pm

Hey Zelda, curious, but what is your favorite non-Renaissance Disney movie?

Mine is The Rescuers. I guess I'm an oddball there because a lot of people seem to think that movie sucks.

Written By: Zelek3 on 11/21/17 at 4:24 pm

Looks like John Lasseter is the next to go in the sexual harassment scandals.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 11/21/17 at 5:25 pm

Looks like John Lasseter is the next to go in the sexual harassment scandals.

Oh dear! :-\\

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/13/18 at 11:39 am

Disney/Pixar just released the official trailer for The Incredibles 2! :D

i5qOzqD9Rms

It looks amazing. I can't wait, it's coming out on June 15th.

Written By: ofkx on 04/13/18 at 5:20 pm

My childhood!!! Safe to say I will be the first at the theaters when it comes out ;D,

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/13/18 at 5:23 pm

My childhood!!! Safe to say I will be the first at the theaters when it comes out ;D,

I will see it within a week of it's release.

There's going to be a lot of 16-25 year olds in the theater...more than little kids ;D.

Written By: Wobo on 04/13/18 at 5:36 pm

It would be nice if i was able to see it.  :)

Written By: ofkx on 04/13/18 at 5:40 pm

It would be nice if i was able to see it.  :)

Why won't you be able to see it?

Written By: Wobo on 04/13/18 at 5:45 pm

Why won't you be able to see it?

I barely go to the movies.

Written By: xenzue on 04/14/18 at 11:52 pm

Yeah we're in peak mid-00s nostalgia

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/15/18 at 12:23 am

Yeah we're in peak mid-00s nostalgia

No, we aren't.

Why do you think that?

This sequel has been in the works since 2007.

Written By: xenzue on 04/15/18 at 12:27 am

No, we aren't.

Why do you think that?

This sequel has been in the works since 2007.

It's sarcasm lol. Shouldve put a gif

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/15/18 at 12:30 am

It's sarcasm lol. Shouldve put a gif

Oh, you had me worried for a sec ;D.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/18 at 1:19 am

I'll give it a view!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/15/18 at 9:32 am

I'll give it a view!

Cool! 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/18 at 9:34 am

I'll give it a view!

Cool! 8)
We may watch the first one again, so that we can refresh our memories.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/15/18 at 9:43 am

We may watch the first one again, so that we can refresh our memories.

That's a good idea.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/18 at 11:56 am

That's a good idea.
That is something we always do when we are due to see a sequel.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/15/18 at 12:08 pm

I liked The Incredibles when it came out. I'm kind of surprised by how long it took a sequel...but I'm kind of not. I remember a lot of my classmates having kind of a shrug reaction to the movie.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/18 at 12:17 pm

We had our photos taken with The Incredibles characters on our visit to Disneyland.

Check for new replies or respond here...