inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you think there could be a smartphone backlash?

Written By: questoftheninja on 11/19/17 at 4:02 pm

I know it won't really ever happen but I was wondering what could or make there be a smartphone backlash or will it just happen cause it just happens.

Subject: Re: Do you think there could be a smartphone backlash?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/19/17 at 4:26 pm

Hopefully.

It is sad when you see a family going out to dinner but nobody is talking because they all have their noses in their smart phones.  ::)

Written By: nally on 11/19/17 at 4:41 pm

Hopefully.

It is sad when you see a family going out to dinner but nobody is talking because they all have their noses in their smart phones.  ::)

I totally agree. They should be actually talking with each other (that is, with their voices), rather than being absorbed/obssessed with their electronic devices.

Written By: 2001 on 11/19/17 at 4:42 pm

No, smartphone integration in our lives is going to get better. We'll look back on 2010s smartphones and it will remind us of 1990s Internet.

"Remember when you had to actually go to IKEA to get furniture? So retro. I can't imagine not having virtual reality to see how the furniture looks like in your home before you order it through the IKEA app and pay with your Android Wallet and have it arrive by the time you get home from work" or whatever.

Written By: nally on 11/19/17 at 4:43 pm

As for me, I don't have one, but lately I have been interested in possibly getting one, for the same reason why my parents have one. Of course I would NOT use it to play games and stuff.

Written By: nally on 11/19/17 at 4:46 pm

No, smartphone integration in our lives is going to get better. We'll look back on 2010s smartphones and it will remind us of 1990s Internet.

"Remember when you had to actually go to IKEA to get furniture? So retro. I can't imagine not having virtual reality to see how the furniture looks like in your home before you order it through the IKEA app" or whatever.

I still prefer to actually go to the store so I can get a feel for the furniture, or whatever product I'm interested in.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/19/17 at 4:47 pm

I still prefer to actually go to the store so I can get a feel for the furniture, or whatever product I'm interested in.

Then go back home and see if you can get it cheaper online? ???  ;D

Written By: nally on 11/19/17 at 4:48 pm

Then go back home and see if you can get it cheaper online? ???  ;D

If it's cheaper online, it might not necessarily be of good quality. ::) :-\\

Written By: 2001 on 11/19/17 at 4:50 pm

Yes, but in the future you'll be able to see (and perhaps feel) the furniture in your home before you buy it, with the help of virtual reality.

Im just throwing ideas at the wall. I really think smartphones will be in every facet of our lives in the upcoming years. It's like how you can't live without Internet access in 2017. By 2030, you probably won't be able to live without a smartphone (or whatever gadget is in vogue then).

Written By: Howard on 11/20/17 at 7:02 am

Hopefully.

I see it every single day. ::)

Written By: Rainbowz on 11/22/17 at 12:05 pm

Nah, I don't think it will happen. If anything, smartphones will probably be used even more (I use mines a lot) I've noticed people in 2017 use their phones more than they did in 2013, which used their phones more than they did in 2010, which used their phones more than they did in 2008.

Written By: Howard on 11/22/17 at 2:13 pm

Nah, I don't think it will happen. If anything, smartphones will probably be used even more (I use mines a lot) I've noticed people in 2017 use their phones more than they did in 2013, which used their phones more than they did in 2010, which used their phones more than they did in 2008.

that's because people are more interested in burying their faces in their smartphones. ::)

Written By: Slim95 on 11/22/17 at 8:30 pm

No there won't be. After smartphones, we will have glasses (AR glasses like Google Glass, Apple is working on one now). This will completely replace smartphones next decade but it is just a step forward, people will be even more connected to their devices by having it constantly on their head. There won't be a smartphone backlash, it will just be looked back as a dated way of communicating like pay phones are now. They will probably decrease in price hugely next decade as new technologies come in too. But there will always be modern Luddites who will reject the change.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/22/17 at 8:34 pm

By 2030, you probably won't be able to live without a smartphone (or whatever gadget is in vogue then).

Anyone can live without any technology. There will still be people without the latest devices in 2030.

Written By: Howard on 11/23/17 at 5:19 am

Anyone can live without any technology. There will still be people without the latest devices in 2030.

and I'll probably be one of them.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/23/17 at 8:57 am

Yes, but in the future you'll be able to see (and perhaps feel) the furniture in your home before you buy it, with the help of virtual reality.

Im just throwing ideas at the wall. I really think smartphones will be in every facet of our lives in the upcoming years. It's like how you can't live without Internet access in 2017. By 2030, you probably won't be able to live without a smartphone (or whatever gadget is in vogue then).

With the new artificial intelligence technology evolving, soon you will not even have to check your smartphone. You'll be able to run an app that makes Facebook posts for you, and "likes" other posts. It will also compose your emails (and email/text replies) without you having to do anything. It will also know your shopping preferences and will automatically make online orders and have stuff shipped to your house. You won't even have to walk to the mailbox to get it, either, because Amazon will deliver it inside your front door.

Check for new replies or respond here...