inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm seeing a shift in makeup trends

Written By: Milk on 11/23/17 at 2:22 pm

For a big chunk of the 2010s the makeup look was dramatic winged out eyeliner,  neutral coloured eyeshadow, huge fake lashes and matte lipstick. Now I'm seeing more toned down looks on social media and tv. With no winged out eyeliner and opting for a more natural look. Also glossy lips are coming back.

Subject: Re: I'm seeing a shift in makeup trends

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/24/17 at 6:05 am

Winged eyeliner is fun, I still haven't figured out how to make a perfect cat eye, but I can do the Egyptian style one. I like how metallic shades are coming back in, though there is such a thing as too shiny. Matte lipstick and gloss can feel dry sometimes. Maybe that depends on the brand? I'd love to see the weird colors (blue, purple, green) go out of fashion soon, it's tacky.

Subject: Re: I'm seeing a shift in makeup trends

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 11/24/17 at 5:43 pm

Winged eyeliner is fun, I still haven't figured out how to make a perfect cat eye, but I can do the Egyptian style one. I like how metallic shades are coming back in, though there is such a thing as too shiny. Matte lipstick and gloss can feel dry sometimes. Maybe that depends on the brand? I'd love to see the weird colors (blue, purple, green) go out of fashion soon, it's tacky.

Many of my attempts of trying to do the cat eye failed. :\'( ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...