inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will SJW culture actually go away?

Written By: Milk on 11/24/17 at 11:15 am

I keep on hearing people say that SJW culture will go away in a few years but they've been saying this for the past couple of years. Will it actually go away or will something worse pop up?

Subject: Re: Will SJW culture actually go away?

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 11/24/17 at 12:09 pm

I keep on hearing people say that SJW culture will go away in a few years but they've been saying this for the past couple of years. Will it actually go away or will something worse pop up?

Sorry to tell you this, but I get the feeling that the 2020s will be a novennium full of SJW culture.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/24/17 at 12:49 pm

Wanna know the irony? I actually agree with roughly 50%-60% of what SJWs say.  ;D  ;D  ;D

I think people just don't want too much one-sidedness. I do agree with what SJWs have to say, but I also agree with some of the Right's points of views.

I'm all for free speech, but I don't think it's appropriate, or okay, for the KKK to come speak at your elementary school.  :D  :D  :D

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/24/17 at 8:02 pm

To me I feel like the way things are it is slowly transitioning from it but won't end completely until somewhere between 2019-2021. :)

Written By: 2001 on 11/25/17 at 12:40 am

It won't go away, it will become part and parcel of regular culture.

Just look at Harvey Weinstein and all the other sexual harassment allegations and how they're being handled. In 1989, the Supreme Court ruled that 'any reasonable woman' would reach into her boss's back pockets to fetch a quarter, in 1998 Bill Clinton got away with harassing his intern. NONE of that would fly in 2017.

No one really thinks of 1998 as a different time when it comes to social progress, but there is a huge progress made between 1998 and 2017, especially for women and LGBT people, and it's thanks to SJWs. The world is changing before our eyes.

Written By: ofkx on 11/25/17 at 9:47 am

Depends on what you qualify as part of SJW culture. being a feminist and anti-racism isn't being a SJW, and I hope it never goes away.

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/25/17 at 10:31 am

Just look at Harvey Weinstein and all the other sexual harassment allegations and how they're being handled. In 1989, the Supreme Court ruled that 'any reasonable woman' would reach into her boss's back pockets to fetch a quarter, in 1998 Bill Clinton got away with harassing his intern. NONE of that would fly in 2017.

No one really thinks of 1998 as a different time when it comes to social progress, but there is a huge progress made between 1998 and 2017, especially for women and LGBT people, and it's thanks to SJWs. The world is changing before our eyes.

I have to agree. In much the same way an older person wouldn't understand how calling someone a colored person in the 90s was offensive, we are progressing. Soon we won't be able to comprehend how we ever thought this behavior to be acceptable.

Written By: John Titor on 11/25/17 at 11:28 am

But then there is also this, she got dragged to hell for this, and I hope she gets fired.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/sites/default/files/styles/content_full_width/public/field/image/articles/lindin.jpg?itok=FflwCvUg

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/25/17 at 11:39 am

But then there is also this, she got dragged to hell for this, and I hope she gets fired.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/sites/default/files/styles/content_full_width/public/field/image/articles/lindin.jpg?itok=FflwCvUg

And check this out:

https://medium.com/indian-thoughts/on-leaving-the-sjw-cult-and-finding-myself-1a6769b2f1ff

Written By: 80sfan on 11/25/17 at 12:04 pm

Was she high when she wrote that? LOL.

Written By: John Titor on 11/25/17 at 12:48 pm

Was she high when she wrote that? LOL.

The scary thing is there are a lot of people who think like this ( I have seen it on Facebook)
When the whole Weingstiein thing broke ( Hes is a terrible person along with Spacey)

I saw some of my friends post " fudge ALL MEN DIE DIE DIE) it was very scary.
I have been noticing more and more Female empowerment facebook groups are more
on bashing men then helping women. Almost like gender hate group. Stuff like
how to divorce a man the right way to take his money, how to trick a man into buying you free meals..stuff like that.
IT is very scary.

Written By: John Titor on 11/25/17 at 12:50 pm

And check this out:

https://medium.com/indian-thoughts/on-leaving-the-sjw-cult-and-finding-myself-1a6769b2f1ff

Yeah the whole SJW thing is good in SMALL doses, but  things are so un balanced.

SJW propaganda has brainwashed people via youtube channels and the media.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/25/17 at 1:07 pm

The scary thing is there are a lot of people who think like this ( I have seen it on Facebook)
When the whole Weingstiein thing broke ( Hes is a terrible person along with Spacey)

how to divorce a man the right way to take his money, how to trick a man into buying you free meals..stuff like that.
IT is very scary.

That is scary.

I think that most people under 25 aren't mature enough yet to have a balanced view, and have good communication skills. I'd even say all the way until age 30. The brain isn't 100% fully developed until age 25!

Written By: Zelek3 on 11/25/17 at 1:41 pm

Yeah the whole SJW thing is good in SMALL doses, but  things are so un balanced.

SJW propaganda has brainwashed people via youtube channels and the media.

True but the alt right has done that too through Youtube channels like Milo Yiannopoulous and Paul Joseph Watson (or if you wanna go deeper, Murdoch Murdoch, Richard Spencer, and Evalion). The right and left are both getting more extreme.

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/25/17 at 2:35 pm

True but the alt right has done that too through Youtube channels like Milo Yiannopoulous and Paul Joseph Watson. The right and left are both getting more extreme.

This. Plus alt-right people are actually going out there and freaking killing people. It's like comparing Jane Fonda to Charles Manson.

Written By: Emman on 11/25/17 at 3:48 pm

IT is very scary.

Really pathetic, especially the bolded part, that "female empowerment" group you mentioned can't even do anything constructive, just leach off men and be haters about it >:(.

It's all about pitting different interest groups against each other, god I hate this SJW crap, and these spoiled idiots usually come from upper middle class liberal backgrounds. There's an niche element of feminism that is very transphobic too, it's called TERF, earlier in the suffragette movement there was prominent racism against blacks(they tried to ban black women from participating in the 1913 march on Washington), but these same feminists have this hypocritical holier than thou attitude towards straight white men. 

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/25/17 at 4:41 pm

and these spoiled idiots usually come from upper middle class liberal backgrounds

BINGO! Someone please tell them "stop being more offended than the VICTIM".

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 11/25/17 at 7:25 pm

Yeah. Of course there was that guy who hit the girl at the Unite the Right rally, but also a guy from Reddit's r/the_donald shot his dad for "being a leftist", and Dylan Roof was an active browser of 4chan's /pol/ and the Daily Stormer.

I'm pretty sure that most of these guys follow far right and far left politics because they are social outcasts and have nothing else to do other than get angry with the world.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/25/17 at 8:00 pm

You want to know the truth? I would rather move to a Northeastern state, a blue state, with people with many backgrounds (I'm not just talking about race here) with fun, diverse, open minds, with SJWs. Rather than a small town that's cliquish and hates newcomers.

I've been to some social groups in the midwest and they can be kind of chilly towards those that have different opinions than them, who look different than them, or who are just new. I get it, they want to keep their group identity, and that big city folks, or folks from other states, can be pushy, and act like they are know-it-alls. That's a REAL turnoff to the small town/city folk. But I've been iced out by some groups too, in the Midwest, because I was 'a bit different'.

So SJW can be a derogatory term for someone who shoves their progressive views down people's throats (and that's a dark aspect of the Left that the left needs to deal with, with themselves), but I would rather live in a blue state rather than a very overly-conservative red city, or red state.

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/25/17 at 8:06 pm

You want to know the truth? I would rather move to a Northeastern state, a blue state, with people with many backgrounds (I'm not just talking about race here) with fun, diverse, open minds, with SJWs. Rather than a small town that's cliquish and hates newcomers.

I've been to some social groups in the midwest and they can be kind of chilly towards those that have different opinions than them, who look different than them, or who are just new. I get it, they want to keep their group identity, and that big city folks, or folks from other states, can be pushy, and act like they are know-it-alls. That's a REAL turnoff to the small town/city folk. But I've been iced out by some groups too, in the Midwest, because I was 'a bit different'.

So SJW can be a derogatory term for someone who shoves their progressive views down people's throats (and that's a dark aspect of the Left that the left needs to deal with, with themselves), but I would rather live in a blue state rather than a very overly-conservative red city, or red state.

Speaking as someone who lives in a Midwestern state, I don't blame you. In fact I'd probably join you.

Written By: 80sfan on 11/25/17 at 11:27 pm

Speaking as someone who lives in a Midwestern state, I don't blame you. In fact I'd probably join you.

I have no $$$.  ;D

But yes, there are good and bad to blue and red states!  :o  :o  :o

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/26/17 at 2:39 am

I'm pretty sure that most of these guys follow far right and far left politics because they are social outcasts and have nothing else to do other than get angry with the world.

That's exactly it though! Extreme ideals appeal to people who feel like they don't fit in anywhere else, whether it's the far left extremists you see on Tumblr or the alt right types on Stormfront. They don't like things about themselves and instead of finding a way to change what they can, they take it out on everyone else.

Check for new replies or respond here...