inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will there be another boy and girl band explosion for late 10s?

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/26/17 at 12:35 pm

I was wondering if we will sense we have pretty much the new boy band,but will this lead to a boy band explosion like late 90s I wouldn't mind if they are not like one direction.i mean is there any signs of boy band girl band explosion like there were heavy signs in 96.i won't go and say it will happen but it can.

Subject: Re: Will there be another boy and girl band explosion for late 10s?

Written By: Rainbowz on 11/26/17 at 1:32 pm

We have to wait and see. I hight doubt it will happen though

Written By: ofkx on 11/26/17 at 2:08 pm

I wouldn't be too surprised if another girl band appears in the coming years given how popular they are at the moment (Little Mix, Fifth Harmony, etc...). Boy bands on the other hand reached their peak in early mid 2010s and I doubt we'll be seeing one anytime soon.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/17 at 2:41 pm

I was wondering if we will sense we have pretty much the new boy band,but will this lead to a boy band explosion like late 90s I wouldn't mind if they are not like one direction.i mean is there any signs of boy band girl band explosion like there were heavy signs in 96.i won't go and say it will happen but it can.

I really don't think anymore will pop up on the scene anytime soon, they were more popular during the 80's and 90's.

Written By: John Titor on 11/26/17 at 3:05 pm

4QKreWPyPwc

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/17 at 4:45 pm

Here's a unmistakably late 2010s boyband. I heard that all the cool kids are listening to them nowadays.

wDo4uPvPcV8

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/17 at 4:53 pm

Omg that's even worse than the one I linked ;D ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 11/26/17 at 4:55 pm

Here's a unmistakably late 2010s boyband. I heard that all the cool kids are listening to them nowadays.

wDo4uPvPcV8

It certainly is...'edgy.'  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: ofkx on 11/26/17 at 4:57 pm

wDo4uPvPcV8

You heard wrong  ;D. They only get 3-6 mil views, which is relatively low.

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/17 at 5:27 pm

It certainly is...'edgy.'  ;D  ;D  ;D

It just can't compete with the stuff in the early '10s though.  :-\\ I feel music hasn't been great since 2011, even the boybands.

Pt4AWNui9bg

Written By: bchris02 on 11/27/17 at 12:47 pm

We just got finished with one.  The mid '10s was a heavily teen-focused era with bands like One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer, 1989-era Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, The Wanted, etc.  Things are headed in a more mature direction and I think it will stay that way for a while.

Written By: 2001 on 11/27/17 at 7:20 pm

We just got finished with one.  The mid '10s was a heavily teen-focused era with bands like One Direction, 5 Seconds of Summer, 1989-era Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, The Wanted, etc.  Things are headed in a more mature direction and I think it will stay that way for a while.

For some reason, songs like "Look What You Made Me Do" sounds like it would better appeal to the teen/younger audience than a song like Shake It Off, even though it's supposed to be more """mature""".

Written By: TheKid99 on 11/28/17 at 7:40 am

Good God I hope not...

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 11/28/17 at 8:54 am

^ This.

Check for new replies or respond here...