inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2020s fashion predictions

Written By: Milk on 11/30/17 at 11:17 am

Skinny jeans go out of style
Same with leggings
2010s was the minimalism decade with lots of black grey and neutral clothing 2020s will be the exact opposite with lots of colourful and flashy clothing
Mens clothing become baggier again
Womens makeup becomes less drag like and more simple

Subject: Re: 2020s fashion predictions

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/17 at 11:23 am

Ripped jeans will still be around.

Written By: John Titor on 11/30/17 at 12:05 pm

its already starting to be honest lol
I posted this in another thread but Ill post some speculative predictions for 2020s fashion

I linked some early 2000s pics  but for some reason my imgur code deleted it!

Written By: kingofthetemple on 11/30/17 at 10:22 pm

Hopefully it will be better than 2010s blandness of clothing. ::)

Written By: ofkx on 12/01/17 at 7:49 am

Same with leggings
2010s was the minimalism decade with lots of black grey and neutral clothing 2020s will be the exact opposite with lots of colourful and flashy clothing

Skinny jeans are a lot more flattering than baggy ones IMHO. And I’ve always thought fashion this decade was neon, especially in the early part of this decade. Anyways, I doubt fashion will very different at least in the early 20s.

Written By: Mat1991 on 12/01/17 at 8:44 am

I hope we don't go back to baggy clothing. Fitted clothing is so much more flattering (and sexier, I might add).

That said, how exactly is current fashion minimalist? My impression is that contemporary fashion is all about that "look at me" aesthetic.  ::)

Written By: John Titor on 12/01/17 at 10:18 am

Skinny jeans are a lot more flattering than baggy ones IMHO. And I’ve always thought fashion this decade was neon, especially in the early part of this decade. Anyways, I doubt fashion will very different at least in the early 20s.

its mainly black or white colors
the whole minimalism trend

Written By: 2001 on 12/01/17 at 11:05 am

Yeah, this decade is very colourful, I don't see how anyone can say otherwise. In the beginning of this decade it was all about neon. In the middle portion and 2017 we saw all sorts of colourful flannels/plaid shirts and the dudes wearing pink shorts. Mustard shoes and mustard jeans are also very common.

And I agree skinny/fitted jeans look classier than baggy jeans. I don't see skinny/slim jeans going out. They're more common in 2017 than they were a few years ago when boyfriend jeans were the rage. I have seen women wearing flared jeans in the summer though. It doesn't seem to have carried on into the winter.

One thing I can see making a comeback is camo. Lord help us when it does ;D Also, Canadian tuxedos.

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/01/17 at 11:23 am

Yeah, this decade is very colourful, I don't see how anyone can say otherwise. In the beginning of this decade it was all about neon. In the middle portion and 2017 we saw all sorts of colourful flannels/plaid shirts and the dudes wearing pink shorts. Mustard shoes and mustard jeans are also very common.

And I agree skinny/fitted jeans look classier than baggy jeans. I don't see skinny/slim jeans going out. They're more common in 2017 than they were a few years ago when boyfriend jeans were the rage.

One thing I can see making a comeback is camo. Lord help us when it does ;D Also, Canadian tuxedos.

Skinny jeans have definitely not increased in popularity in 2017. I'd say that the last year in which there was a noticeable increase in popularity was probably 2015. The trend sort of stagnated around 2016, and there is a slight decline in popularity in 2017. Now, obviously skinny jeans still have a ton of leftover popularity and they are probably still the main jean trend. But I'm almost certain that something else will replace it by 2019. I think skinny jeans may remain as a niche style, but it cannot remain the dominant trend forever.

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/01/17 at 11:30 am

That's a matter of opinion. To me, skinny jeans are unappealing and cliched at this point. As for neon, as Poke mentioned, it was mostly big at the beginning of the decade. As for your last statement, you have no proof that fashion won't be different in the early 20s. We don't even know whether late 2018/2019 will be the same, let alone the early 20s.

Written By: Milk on 12/01/17 at 11:49 am

I'm seeing more women wearing flared jeans. Men are wearing more baggier pants.

Written By: ofkx on 12/01/17 at 3:40 pm

That's a matter of opinion. To me, skinny jeans are unappealing and cliched at this point. As for neon, as Poke mentioned, it was mostly big at the beginning of the decade. As for your last statement, you have no proof that fashion won't be different in the early 20s.We don't even know whether late 2018/2019 will be the same, let alone the early 20s.

This topic is literally called "2020s fashion predictions". Do you know what the word "prediction" means?

I'm seeing more women wearing flared jeans. Men are wearing more baggier pants.

Really? I personally haven't seen anyone wearing baggy or flared jeans.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/01/17 at 10:27 pm

Fashion of the 2020s will be silver space suits. Everybody will be wearing these and it will be in style next decade.

http://catacombs.space1999.net/main/images/spacehd/ttoa/spttoa2307.jpg

(Jokes aside, I really do hope this happens next decade and this look becomes fashionable :-X)

Written By: Slim95 on 12/01/17 at 10:29 pm

Same with leggings

Baggy YES!  :D

Written By: ofkx on 12/02/17 at 4:40 am

Fashion of the 2020s will be silver space suits. Everybody will be wearing these and it will be in style next decade.

(Jokes aside, I really do hope this happens next decade and this look becomes fashionable :-X)

Reminds me of Y2K futurism ;D
http://www.hipsthetic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Guy-III-Album-Cover-1024x1024.jpg

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/02/17 at 6:36 am

Same with leggings

Well I hope some time soon women and teenage girls stop wearing leggings as pants! It's the tackiest! The early 10's had bright colors, there's nothing wrong with neutrals. They're flattering on all.

Ripped jeans will still be around.

There's always an option for them every year.

And I agree skinny/fitted jeans look classier than baggy jeans. I don't see skinny/slim jeans going out. They're more common in 2017 than they were a few years ago when boyfriend jeans were the rage. I have seen women wearing flared jeans in the summer though. It doesn't seem to have carried on into the winter.

Relaxed fit and looser fit jeans don't look bad, but the Jnco type jeans to trip over? Those were...just why?! Shoes especially are colorful, though not as much now as they were a few years ago when I saw so much neon. At least it's more of an option than just black, white, and grey. I see several women's fashion shoes with floral prints on them too now. I don't own a pair unless they make  them sans heels, but I think they look cool. I would rather see army camo come back in than the current trend of that ghastly hunting camo people wear in public! Sorry, but print with sticks and leaves serves a purpose when you're in the woods and it should stay there.

I hope we don't go back to baggy clothing. Fitted clothing is so much more flattering (and sexier, I might add).

That said, how exactly is current fashion minimalist? My impression is that contemporary fashion is all about that "look at me" aesthetic.  ::)

It's very "look at me!" The fashion tops with metallic print, tops with all sorts of random skinny straps, and the oversized glasses are all about getting attention.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/17 at 7:26 am

I don't want to wear that.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/02/17 at 1:54 pm

Why not Howard it looks so futuristic.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/02/17 at 2:03 pm

Why not Howard it looks so futuristic.  ;D

I'm a casual person, I can't wear anything that looks so stupid! ::)

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/03/17 at 1:28 am

I wouldn't either.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 12/04/17 at 10:25 am

Gamers will still be wearing Cuphead shirts for the first half of the 2020s.

https://i1.wp.com/novelty-gift-ideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/cuphead-t-shirt.jpg?fit=692%2C678&ssl=1

Written By: ofkx on 12/22/17 at 3:26 pm

I feel like there will be a 70s fashion revival since 10s fashion had a lot of 90s and 80s fashion revivals. Maybe Disco fashion will come back ;).

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/22/17 at 4:24 pm

I feel like there will be a 70s fashion revival since 10s fashion had a lot of 90s and 80s fashion revivals. Maybe Disco fashion will come back ;).

I still fail to see how 2010s fashion is at all similar to 80s and 90s fashion. The 80s and 90s each had their primary styles and trends, but they also had a good variety of niche subcultures. Heck even the 00s had plenty of variety. In the 2010s, every popular style has this ugly, bland, pretentious hipsteresque aesthetic.

Written By: Howard on 12/22/17 at 4:41 pm

I certainly hope so but I doubt it.

Written By: Dundee on 03/23/18 at 4:49 am

I actually do think skinny wears will survive and thrive during most of the 2020s, just like how baggy clothings of the 90s survived well into 2000s just more exaggerated ;D
I mean it's comfy, why should it disappear?

I do think the wearings will get more over-the-top and colorful in a neon way than the 2010s, probably even bringing back the "busy, accesories-heavy look" of the 2000s.

Written By: Dundee on 03/23/18 at 4:56 am

Uhm, the "metallic look" is already quite fashionable. I've seen actually a few people wearing this kind of stuff

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB11oiJKVXXXXXKXpXXq6xXFXXXF/Pu-leder-2017-weibliche-jacke-metallic-silber-kurzmantel-fashion-neuen-dünnen-frauen-jacken-mäntel-herbst-winter.jpg

Written By: Shemp97 on 03/23/18 at 10:33 am

Uhm, the "metallic look" is already quite fashionable. I've seen actually a few people wearing this kind of stuff

http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB11oiJKVXXXXXKXpXXq6xXFXXXF/Pu-leder-2017-weibliche-jacke-metallic-silber-kurzmantel-fashion-neuen-dünnen-frauen-jacken-mäntel-herbst-winter.jpg

This looks like those varsity jackets rappers use to wear in the late 00s.

Written By: 2001 on 03/23/18 at 10:37 am

After I started doing squats, my straight cut jeans actually look good on me. Beware a 2020s comeback for straight cut jeans.

Written By: Mat1991 on 03/23/18 at 5:19 pm

We've already had a '70s fashion revival, though. Why would we need another?

Written By: ofkx on 03/23/18 at 5:30 pm

We've already had a '70s fashion revival, though. Why would we need another?

We don't ~need~ anything. It's just a feeling.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/23/18 at 5:34 pm

We don't ~need~ anything. It's just a feeling.

What about a 2000s fashion revival?

Written By: John Titor on 03/23/18 at 5:39 pm

What about a 2000s fashion revival?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=028bca25f5b815ed9e3497bafddec0c1;PHPSESSID=c6890ed7bbd403d0199a89a62f4d2b9b&topic=57146.0

Written By: ofkx on 03/23/18 at 5:42 pm

its coming back

that's not even negotiable lol. can't say i'm excited though.

Written By: 2001 on 03/27/18 at 10:35 pm

Honestly at this point whatever a fashion forward is wearing at the moment would be 2020s fashion. So which one of you hear is jaw-droppingly fashionable?

Written By: Milk on 03/28/18 at 1:08 pm

Honestly at this point whatever a fashion forward is wearing at the moment would be 2020s fashion. So which one of you hear is jaw-droppingly fashionable?

I'd like to think I'm pretty fashionable

Written By: Howard on 03/28/18 at 2:47 pm

I'd like to think I'm pretty fashionable

I'm casually dressed.

Written By: wixness on 03/29/18 at 8:06 am

Hopefully less retro and gender conforming crap, which I think has been the theme of 2010s fashion since 2013.

Check for new replies or respond here...