inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Shows to look forward to in 2018: Murder mysteries and sitcoms

Written By: HeyJealousy on 12/19/17 at 3:52 pm

In case anyone forgot, police procedural series were all the buzz in the 2000s. So were cheery sitcoms. "NCIS" and "CSI" were at their peaks.
Next year, expect a comeback of both genres. Several sitcoms, and several detective dramas, are making a resurgence on primetime AND cable television. Only a few shows, slated for the start of next year, follow this decade's formula of dark superhero drama and politically-charged drama.
The days of "Scandal" and "Arrow" may be almost over.
Now we have period drama-cum-murder mystery The Alienist set to premiere, murder mystery Bellevue will premiere on WGN America, interactive murder mystery Mosaic will premiere on HBO, sitcom Alone Together will premiere, crime drama Good Girls, etc, etc.

I can't embed the link, as my damn computer won't let me. Look up "27 Highly Anticipated New Shows To Watch In 2018".

Subject: Re: Shows to look forward to in 2018: Murder mysteries and sitcoms

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 12/20/17 at 7:20 am

Is this the article?

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/New-Midseason-TV-Shows-2018-44366279

Anyways, I made a similar thread topic a few months ago about the changing Television trends since the start of the Trump era here:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56023.0

It would be interesting to add more into the much broader discussion there as well if you want. But to continue on the general consensus, it seems that many traditional TV stations are opting for more scripted Wartime dramas this year, a big departure from the political dramas of the last few years. So with the increased amount of Crime dramas making a resurgence as well, this just further perpetuates this overt right wing shift in television culture occurring, despite Liberalism being at an all time high in popularity among the American people. Perhaps they're catering to the aging Boomer demographic or to the predominately White Millennials in the country. Regardless, I'm just anxious for a shake up as the television culture (like most 2010s pop cultural aspects) has seem to have gotten stale.

Subject: Re: Shows to look forward to in 2018: Murder mysteries and sitcoms

Written By: John Titor on 12/20/17 at 10:51 am

In case anyone forgot, police procedural series were all the buzz in the 2000s. So were cheery sitcoms. "NCIS" and "CSI" were at their peaks.
Next year, expect a comeback of both genres. Several sitcoms, and several detective dramas, are making a resurgence on primetime AND cable television. Only a few shows, slated for the start of next year, follow this decade's formula of dark superhero drama and politically-charged drama.
The days of "Scandal" and "Arrow" may be almost over.
Now we have period drama-cum-murder mystery The Alienist set to premiere, murder mystery Bellevue will premiere on WGN America, interactive murder mystery Mosaic will premiere on HBO, sitcom Alone Together will premiere, crime drama Good Girls, etc, etc.

I can't embed the link, as my damn computer won't let me. Look up "27 Highly Anticipated New Shows To Watch In 2018".

Fuller house already back, and Rosanne is coming back, Hallmark is really cementing this family/ sitcom trend as well

Check for new replies or respond here...