inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Amazon to create Youtube rival

Written By: John Titor on 12/21/17 at 5:58 pm

https://www.neowin.net/news/amazon-may-be-considering-a-video-streaming-service-to-compete-with-youtube?

Subject: Amazon to create Youtube rival

Written By: Dude111 on 12/21/17 at 6:27 pm

uugghh,wont be any better im sure ;D

Subject: Re: Amazon to create Youtube rival

Written By: bchris02 on 12/21/17 at 6:30 pm

How is Vimeo doing these days?  MyVidster?  DailyMotion?  Bing video?

It's going to be hard for anybody to compete with YouTube.  The only way to possibly do it is to develop some kind of new social media platform that includes video sharing but even that will be difficult to pull off these days.

Written By: 2001 on 12/21/17 at 6:44 pm

I heard about it a few days ago. With prototype names like "Amazon Alexa Open Tube" I don't think they'll go very far. This is very much still in the 'what if' phase ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 12/22/17 at 3:17 am

Good, I predicted this will happen. Amazon is a huge company so of course it won't be totally good be without its problems, but YouTube needs competition. Amazon is a perfect company with enough funds to actually compete with YouTube and survive and be a viable second option. This is great news if they are doing it. They did a great job with Twitch, they can do a great job with this new video sharing site. They have experience with it. Given they have a very good following and market for Twitch, I can see them being very successful.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/22/17 at 3:19 am

How is Vimeo doing these days?  MyVidster?  DailyMotion?  Bing video?

It's going to be hard for anybody to compete with YouTube.  The only way to possibly do it is to develop some kind of new social media platform that includes video sharing but even that will be difficult to pull off these days.

Not Amazon. Amazon is huge just like Google is. They can do a good job competing with YouTube... Those other ones you listed are not major corporations to the likes of Amazon. It absolutely will be a good competitor and second option to YouTube with just videos being available. Look at Twitch for live streaming (owned by Amazon). It is very successful.

Check for new replies or respond here...