inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Future of Hip-hop

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/24/17 at 12:43 pm

A week ago, I read an article about Nicki Minaj making a controversial comment stating "It's great to be a White rapper in America huh?" because 8 of the top 10 Hip-hop songs of iTunes were by White rappers. She later clarified that it was a good thing although she received backlash for that post since some people believed that she was furious that there only two songs on the iTunes chart by Black rappers, and the white ones were trying to take over the genre. I'll link the article down blow.

http://www.complex.com/music/2017/12/nicki-minaj-white-rapper-instagram-post-deleted

Do you all think that White rappers will dominate Hip-Hop in the next few years and the upcoming decade? So far, there is NF, G-Eazy, Eminem, Macklemore, Post-Malone, Machine Gun Kelly, and Lil' Pump who was on that chart.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRNrlwXX4AY5fRQ.jpg

Subject: Re: The Future of Hip-hop

Written By: LooseBolt on 12/24/17 at 2:26 pm

Who cares who dominates the charts? The only thing that matters is whether the music is actually good or not, and last I checked, Tyler the Creator released his magnum opus this year while Eminem's new album is being derided as trash.

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/25/17 at 9:59 am

Who cares who dominates the charts? The only thing that matters is whether the music is actually good or not, and last I checked, Tyler the Creator released his magnum opus this year while Eminem's new album is being derided as trash.

I agree with all of this.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/25/17 at 1:22 pm

Today's rap just does not cut it with me. There used to be a time when a good rap tune spit out lyrics about hoes, chugging 40's, and fighting. Now all they want to rap about is "shorty" and chugging cough syrup.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/25/17 at 5:48 pm

Today's rap just does not cut it with me. There used to be a time when a good rap tune spit out lyrics about hoes, chugging 40's, and fighting. Now all they want to rap about is "shorty" and chugging cough syrup.  ::)

I remember a time when rap was about partying and just having fun and I'm not talking about your era, it's my era that I'm referring to.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/25/17 at 5:54 pm

I remember a time when rap was about partying and just having fun and I'm not talking about your era, it's my era that I'm referring to.

Well your era was better that today's era too, Howard. All this rap about "shorty" and sipping purple drank from a double cup makes no sense to me.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...