inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Christmas 2017

Written By: LooseBolt on 12/24/17 at 2:21 pm

I don't celebrate it myself, being Jewish and all, but I do like the idea of it. In these dark and uncertain times, I would like us to enjoy each other's company and remember the true meaning of Christmas: peace on Earth, goodwill towards men, and Peanuts reruns!

CojUP5nRidA

Happy holidays everyone!

Subject: Re: Christmas 2017

Written By: HeyJealousy on 12/24/17 at 7:22 pm

Merry Christmas!
And, yes, I choose to say "merry christmas" even as an agnostic.

Written By: annimal on 12/24/17 at 7:51 pm

I don't celebrate Christmas anymore because all the Santa crudola these days.  The only song we sang in music class i didn't feel like Zorak with was The Chipmunk song.  Something I've sang to myself a few times is that drummer boy song. 

Written By: Dude111 on 12/24/17 at 8:13 pm

I don't celebrate it myself, being Jewish and all, but I do like the idea of it.

Well happy Chanukah my friend!!

Did you get alot of good stuff this year??

Im curious: What year is it this year,5775 or so?? (I keep forgetting)

Peace and love to you my friend!!!

Written By: LooseBolt on 12/24/17 at 9:32 pm

Well happy Chanukah my friend!!

Did you get alot of good stuff this year??

Im curious: What year is it this year,5775 or so?? (I keep forgetting)

Peace and love to you my friend!!!

I didn't get sheesh. ;D It's just my wife and I these days, so we don't really bother with much more than lighting the candles and singing songs. As for the Jewish calendar, the year is 5778.

Written By: BornIn86 on 12/25/17 at 2:05 pm

People who get offended whether people say happy holidays or merry Christmas need therapy.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/25/17 at 2:11 pm

Merry Christmas, as well as Happy Hannukah, Chanukah, or Janukkah depending upon how you spell it.  :)

Written By: Howard on 12/25/17 at 5:46 pm

Merry Christmas, as well as Happy Hannukah, Chanukah, or Janukkah depending upon how you spell it.  :)

Merry Christmas to you too LB. :)

Written By: bchris02 on 12/26/17 at 1:03 am

Basically had to spend the entire day listening to my family lament about the 2015 gay marriage SCOTUS decision and about how homosexuality should be a capital offense. It's a reminder of why I am still closeted.

I usually love Christmas but I'm definitely feeling a "Bah Humbug" this year.

Written By: Dude111 on 12/26/17 at 3:31 am

....As for the Jewish calendar, the year is 5778.

Thank you my friend,I was close :)

Written By: Howard on 12/26/17 at 6:52 am

How was everyone's Christmas?  :)

Written By: Dude111 on 12/26/17 at 7:16 am

Ok I guess buddy thank you for asking :)

How many presents did ya get?

Written By: LooseBolt on 12/26/17 at 7:20 am

Thank you everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. My Chanukkah was good, but I didn't get anything - it's just my wife and I so we basically just light the candles and sing songs. That's it.

And thank you to whoever figured out how to unlock my thread!!!

Written By: Howard on 12/26/17 at 7:41 am

Ok I guess buddy thank you for asking :)

How many presents did ya get?

I'm Jewish, I don't celebrate Christmas.

Written By: annimal on 12/26/17 at 1:02 pm

you are?  I thought you were Screwish

Written By: LooseBolt on 12/26/17 at 1:37 pm

Just what I needed, a Druish princess!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/26/17 at 4:07 pm

I celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, the Solstice, & New Years. Anything for a party.  :D ;D ;D ;D

My dad was Jewish and we were SUPPOSED to be raised Jewish. My mother was Episcopalian and after my parents split, she introduced us to the Episcopal Church where we were baptized, which made my dad FURIOUS. As I found my own path, I am now a born again Pagan. My dad was the first one I came out of the "broom closet" to.

I still light the candles and pretty much mutilate the prayer (I TRY to say it in Hebrew). I put up the tree and decorations. But our Christmas celebration is mainly for the grandkids. We don't always have our celebration on Dec. 25th. It depends on when the kids can get together. This year it will be on the 30th. The thing is, Hubby's kids are also half-Jewish like me. So, if our Christmas celebration coincides with Hanukkah, I don't mutilate the prayer-I let them do what they do-which is sing O Hanukkah in both Yiddish & English. (I don't know it in Yiddish.) Then they sing the Dreidel Song. What is funny about that is they don't even have a dreidel.

As for my Solstice celebration, it is usually just a quiet acknowledgment of the Goddess & God and the sun.

This year, my "chef" honored the first day of Hanukkah with a pork dinner.  ::)  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat 

Written By: Dude111 on 12/27/17 at 1:03 am

I'm Jewish, I don't celebrate Christmas.

Oh wow im sorry Howard!!

I hope ya had a happy chanukah buddy :)

Written By: Howard on 12/27/17 at 5:21 am

Oh wow im sorry Howard!!

I hope ya had a happy chanukah buddy :)

Thank You, no apologies necessary. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...