inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2017 VS 2018

Written By: temaichi on 12/28/17 at 11:12 pm

Do you like the number 2017 or 2018? Let me know, guys!
I`m wishing y`all an early and happy new year!! ;D

Subject: Re: 2017 VS 2018

Written By: bchris02 on 12/28/17 at 11:15 pm

2017...it's going out on a dark note in my personal life, but it was the last year of my "young adulthood" and it was a perfect bookend.  I couldn't have asked for a better resolution of everything that defined the era in my life that began in 2008.  This will be a year that I reminisce about a lot in the years ahead.

I am nervous about what 2018 holds.  2017 is going out on a very dark note in my personal life.  My younger sister has thyroid cancer that doctors believe has spread to her bone and she might not live much longer :( :( :( in addition I have a drinking problem that I need to confront.  I also have the issue of my sexual orientation. I want to cry right now....

Written By: HeyJealousy on 12/28/17 at 11:17 pm

2017...it's going out on a dark note in my personal life, but it was the last year of my "young adulthood" and it was a perfect bookend.  I couldn't have asked for a better resolution of everything that defined the era in my life that began in 2008.

I am nervous about what 2018 holds.  2017 is going out on a very dark note in my personal life.  My younger sister has thyroid cancer that doctors believe has spread to her bone and she might not live much longer :( :( :( in addition I have a drinking problem that I need to confront.  I also have the issue of my sexual orientation. I want to cry right now....

I'm sorry sh*t is so rough for you right now, man.
Just keep your chin held up, that's my best advice for you

Written By: temaichi on 12/28/17 at 11:22 pm

2017...it's going out on a dark note in my personal life, but it was the last year of my "young adulthood" and it was a perfect bookend.  I couldn't have asked for a better resolution of everything that defined the era in my life that began in 2008.

Wow, dude! That`s crazy. My biggest fear is that 2018 will be depressing af too.
Stay strong and think about positive things in life. Try to spend alot of time with your sister. You never know when it all ends even you could die tomorrow but don`t think much about it and do you. It was probably the last year of your young adulthood but it`s never the last year of being young from the inside. Wish you the best, man. Much love!  ;)

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/29/17 at 9:34 am

I like writing 2017 more on paper than 2018 because I find it easier to write neater.

Whether or not if 2017 will be better or worse than 2018, we will have to wait and see. In terms of my personal life, 2017 has been surprisingly better than 2016, which was honestly the worst year of my life so far. This year would've ranked fourth place in terms of how well it went. So far, no year in my personal life has beaten 2013, one of the best years of my life. Who knows, maybe 2018 can beat it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/29/17 at 9:42 am

I prefer 2018, for it is an even number. and 2017 is a prime number.

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/31/17 at 6:31 pm

Well, happy new year to you too!  :D I'm not pleased with the happenings of 2017 and I don't really have high hopes for next year's current events that make the news either. Personal life wise it's also been iffy.

2017...it's going out on a dark note in my personal life, but it was the last year of my "young adulthood" and it was a perfect bookend.  I couldn't have asked for a better resolution of everything that defined the era in my life that began in 2008.  This will be a year that I reminisce about a lot in the years ahead.

It takes time to deal with your problems, but good luck with them! That really sucks about your sister. I'm sorry.  :( Try to look for any silver lining you can.

Written By: Shemp97 on 12/31/17 at 7:00 pm

I like writing 2017 more on paper than 2018 because I find it easier to write neater.

Whether or not if 2017 will be better or worse than 2018, we will have to wait and see. In terms of my personal life, 2017 has been surprisingly better than 2016, which was honestly the worst year of my life so far. This year would've ranked fourth place in terms of how well it went. So far, no year in my personal life has beaten 2013, one of the best years of my life. Who knows, maybe 2018 can beat it.

2016 was the worst year to date, so you're not alone.

Written By: temaichi on 12/31/17 at 8:30 pm

I prefer 2018, for it is an even number. and 2017 is a prime number.

I like how you think, mate. Good answer! ;)

Written By: temaichi on 12/31/17 at 8:32 pm

2016 was the worst year to date, so you're not alone.

Both of you aren`t alone. It was the worst year for me aswell.
I hate 2016! It was a depressing year especially towards the end of it all...

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/18 at 12:57 am

I like how you think, mate. Good answer! ;)
O0

Written By: 2001 on 01/12/18 at 8:26 pm

Damn, that's awful. This reminds me so much of me in 2013 when my sister had cancer and I was drinking so much (and I became abstinent before it became a huge problem). I hope you get through this and your sister recovers like mine did  :\'(

It's okay to cry. I remember when I got the text message from my brother telling me to come to the hospital and say my goodbyes because she had only 3 days to live. I was alone at home, and I screamed. Screamed as loud as I could. Then I collapsed on the floor crying. Kind of dramatic, but I just completely lost it. I feel like I know the pain you're going through, the unimaginable pain.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...