inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I got followed by a drone today

Written By: LooseBolt on 01/02/18 at 4:40 pm

I'm not sure if this is against the rules, so I apologize in advance if it is. I was walking through a park on my way to the library in our town. All of a sudden I hear this buzzing noise like a low-flying plane. Looking up, I see a drone! I'm not sure whether it had a camera on it or not, but as soon as I spotted it, it immediately took a higher altitude and buzzed away. Needless to say, I'm feeling rather paranoid.

Subject: Re: I got followed by a drone today

Written By: John Titor on 01/02/18 at 5:38 pm

I'm not sure if this is against the rules, so I apologize in advance if it is. I was walking through a park on my way to the library in our town. All of a sudden I hear this buzzing noise like a low-flying plane. Looking up, I see a drone! I'm not sure whether it had a camera on it or not, but as soon as I spotted it, it immediately took a higher altitude and buzzed away. Needless to say, I'm feeling rather paranoid.

LMAO

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/02/18 at 5:39 pm

People need to learn where to fly those things! One time I was driving past some cornfields and see this drone flying low enough I thought I'd hit it! Dumb people.

Written By: LooseBolt on 01/02/18 at 7:28 pm

LMAO

What?

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/03/18 at 5:43 am

I woulda whipped out my Benelli M1 Super 90 and blasted that sucker out of the sky.

Subject: I got followed by a drone today

Written By: Dude111 on 01/03/18 at 9:24 am

I understand buddy........ Alot of ppl would have tried to knock it down with a piece of wood or something....... (I think they all have cameras)

Written By: Howard on 01/03/18 at 3:16 pm

I woulda whipped out my Benelli M1 Super 90 and blasted that sucker out of the sky.

I would've just taken a shotgun to it.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/03/18 at 7:36 pm

LMAO

That's not funny!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/18 at 2:32 pm

O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/18 at 2:33 pm

In some areas of London drones are banned, so luckily for me, I do not see much of them.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/techandgadgets/nogo-drone-zones-announced-in-london-amid-fears-over-voyeurism-and-safety-a3397811.html

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/04/18 at 5:13 pm

I'm sorry you had that happen to you, LooseBolt. I'm wondering if there is any one you can report that to-the police? City Hall? There maybe laws against that and if not, maybe you can petition your city to make a law against it.

LMAO

Why would you even think that is funny? How would you like it if a drone followed you? You have no idea who is behind the drone or why they were following you.

Cat

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/04/18 at 10:25 pm

What?

Apparently, he thinks that it's funny that you got followed by a drone but I don't think it is.  You're right to be paranoid.

Written By: 2001 on 01/14/18 at 12:12 pm

A sign of the times. :o

If it buzzed away I doubt it was following you though. Drone photography is becoming a popular hobby nowadays.

Written By: ofkx on 01/14/18 at 12:35 pm

That's... bizarre.
But you were in a public area, so maybe it wasn't really following you?

Written By: HeyJealousy on 01/14/18 at 2:18 pm

Why would you even think that is funny? How would you like it if a drone followed you? You have no idea who is behind the drone or why they were following you.

Cat

All of you need to lighten up.
Not every creepy occurrence is a national calamity in the making, so people have the right to poke fun at serious situations. It's called levity. Without it, we'd all be a miserable bunch.
Save your outrage for 9/11 jokes.

And sorry, Loosebolt, probably was a frightening encounter for you. Like Howard said, a shotgun would have done the trick.

Written By: John Titor on 01/14/18 at 3:00 pm

I'm sorry you had that happen to you, LooseBolt. I'm wondering if there is any one you can report that to-the police? City Hall? There maybe laws against that and if not, maybe you can petition your city to make a law against it.

Cat

I have been followed by a drone before

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/18 at 4:13 pm

A sign of the times. :o

If it buzzed away I doubt it was following you though. Drone photography is becoming a popular hobby nowadays.
Drones are used all lot in amateur and professional photography, wedding photographers have taken them to heart.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/16/18 at 4:15 pm

the same here!

Written By: 2001 on 01/16/18 at 8:16 pm

I have been followed by a drone before

Followed or just had one above your head?

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/18 at 7:40 am

Swimmers rescued by drone in Australia

Written By: Slim95 on 01/18/18 at 1:04 pm

Drones will one day have a brain of their own and follow all of us around everywhere!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/18/18 at 1:26 pm

Drones will one day have a brain of their own and follow all of us around everywhere!
Or end up drones will follow other drones?

Written By: Howard on 01/19/18 at 7:13 am

especially to the bathroom?  :o

Written By: mqg96 on 01/19/18 at 9:56 am

It's just as bad when you're in the city attending a park or a mall and you see a drone flying in the sky.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/18 at 9:59 am

I hear of report of prisoners getting illicit goods via the use of a drone.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/21 at 2:32 am

I have noticed that drones are now used more often in making television documentaries, sometimes you can see the shadow of the drone as it flies through the path/rays of the sun.

Check for new replies or respond here...