inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does any still use Skype?

Written By: WiiFan on 01/03/18 at 10:08 am

Seriously, I logged on to my Skype last week and all my contacts were f#%king dead!!! Ever since mid 2016, Discord started gaining traction, and know it's in full effect, Skype is now Myspace  :\'(. I met a lot of friends over Skype and now they moved on to Discord. I joined Discord in August 2016, but I didn't really use it that often in 2016, there was a transitional period when people were using both Skype and Discord, but now most people are 100% Discord.

Subject: Re: Does any still use Skype?

Written By: nally on 01/03/18 at 11:03 am

Some people I know have encouraged me to try it, but I never have.

Written By: temaichi on 01/03/18 at 11:07 am

Nah i stopped using Skype for exactly 2 years ago now back in January, 2016.
Everybody has been using Discord instead of it. I prefer using it because it has a better quality/connection then Skype.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/03/18 at 1:06 pm

No, ironically enough I still have it pinned to my taskbar and installed on my phone but I haven't opened it up in like two years now. Viber, Google Hangouts, and Discord has replaced Skype for me. I may uninstall it, yet I feel the need to keep it just in case lol. You never know when an old contact may want to call me.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/03/18 at 1:56 pm

I haven't logged into Skype since around 2015.  It's heyday was the early '10s.  I think AIM is a better comparison than MySpace.

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/03/18 at 2:11 pm

I still use it but not as much as I used to back in 2012-2015. I have a discord, but I hardly use that as well.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/03/18 at 2:27 pm

I haven't used my Skype account in 5 years.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/03/18 at 2:28 pm

I still use it. Haha I didn't even know of Discord's existence until this topic. It sounds nice.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/18 at 3:09 pm

I love Skype and I continue to use it and once in a while I will either call or have a chat with my friend on occasions.

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 01/03/18 at 3:43 pm

I haven't used my Skype account in YEARS. Last time I used it was in very early 2016 when I had to call my friend because she needed to get a new phone. :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/18 at 4:23 am

I have given up on Skype, but still have my account for the just in case reasons.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/04/18 at 5:17 am

I've never used Skype. I keep black electrical tape over the webcam on my tablet and office PC.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/18 at 5:18 am

I've never used Skype. I keep black electrical tape over the webcam on my tablet and office PC.
Excellent thinking!

Written By: Howard on 01/04/18 at 5:41 am

Why do you do that? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/04/18 at 5:43 am

Why do you do that? ???

I don't want anybody hacking my computer and peeping on me.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/04/18 at 6:04 am

I don't want anybody hacking my computer and peeping on me.  :o
I have heard it can be done.

Written By: ofkx on 01/04/18 at 5:54 pm

Haven't used Skype since around 2014 :P. There's FaceTime and stuff now.

Subject: I used to use it.......

Written By: Dude111 on 01/04/18 at 8:20 pm

Does any still use Skype?

I used to but when Microsoft bought them,I STOPPED USING IT!!!!!!!!! (I dont trust them at all)

Subject: Re: I used to use it.......

Written By: Howard on 01/05/18 at 7:43 am

I used to but when Microsoft bought them,I STOPPED USING IT!!!!!!!!! (I dont trust them at all)

So what do you use in the meantime?

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/05/18 at 4:13 pm

Seriously, I logged on to my Skype last week and all my contacts were f#%king dead!!! Ever since mid 2016, Discord started gaining traction, and know it's in full effect, Skype is now Myspace  :\'(. I met a lot of friends over Skype and now they moved on to Discord. I joined Discord in August 2016, but I didn't really use it that often in 2016, there was a transitional period when people were using both Skype and Discord, but now most people are 100% Discord.

I had it and nobody but one friend ever wanted to use it so I just never got into it.  :-\\ I am on Discord by the way and I only used it once for chatrooms.

Written By: Howard on 01/06/18 at 3:04 pm

I had it and nobody but one friend ever wanted to use it so I just never got into it.  :-\\ I am on Discord by the way and I only used it once for chatrooms.

What is Discord? ???

Subject: I used to use it.......

Written By: Dude111 on 01/07/18 at 9:00 am

So what do you use in the meantime?

Well I used to use AIM buddy but thats gone now (AOL stopped it in DEC) now I dont use any IM client........

Check for new replies or respond here...