inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I`m gonna miss the 2010s.

Written By: temaichi on 01/03/18 at 11:16 am

I never thought i would say this because i`ve been hating on this decade everywhere but it hasn`t really been as bad as what people make it look like. Especially for teenagers like myself. This decade is probably the best era of all time for teenagers to grow up in. You have social media like Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Music.ly, and YouTube to connect with each other easily and it`s easy to find entertainment and music through streaming services. The video games of this decade are soo good aswell with better graphics.

I`m already getting nostalgic for songs that came out in 2011-16` like what the hell? Even early 2017. I`m getting memories from growing up and i think that should be the best time of your life when you grow up as a teenager and you all probably have memories from your teens that you treasure alot. Same goes for us teens in this decade.

I always talk about how the 2000s were great and all but i believe that i`m gonna miss the 2010s more when we move over to the 2020s. I will be reflecting alot of memories from growing up in this decade and i`ll miss it badly. I can feel it coming as we are about to transition to a whole different decade. It`s sad but does anybody see what i`m talking about? :\'(

Subject: Re: I`m gonna miss the 2010s.

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/03/18 at 11:21 am

I can relate to this 100%.

I’m turning 16 in June and I enjoy being a teenager in the 2010’s. I’m about to enter my absolute peak teen year. I’ll be an adult by the time 2020 rolls around, which is still very young but I will miss the 2010’s when the ball drops for 2020. I already miss the summer of 2017 and I’m trying to make 2018 an even better year. This decade has great music, technology, shows, and I’m glad to be growing up in this time. This decade will definitely get nostalgia in the future, especially by the current kids and teens.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/03/18 at 11:31 am

I still hate music, I have ever since 1999.  ;D

Movies are still okay, especially this explosion in horror movies. TV isn't my taste, but it sure as heck is better than today's 'music.'

Written By: John Titor on 01/03/18 at 11:39 am

The 2010s do not even hold a candle to 2000-2006 lol

Written By: bchris02 on 01/03/18 at 12:06 pm

I miss the early '10s.  The mid '10s still have an allure to them because I still had my youth and the world of the early '10s didn't die overnight and I had not yet dug myself into the financial hole that very well might have sealed my fate.  Now I am at a point where I'm really struggling to find hope anywhere.

Written By: temaichi on 01/03/18 at 12:57 pm

I can relate to this 100%.

I’m turning 16 in June and I enjoy being a teenager in the 2010’s. I’m about to enter my absolute peak teen year. I’ll be an adult by the time 2020 rolls around, which is still very young but I will miss the 2010’s when the ball drops for 2020. I already miss the summer of 2017 and I’m trying to make 2018 an even better year. This decade has great music, technology, shows, and I’m glad to be growing up in this time. This decade will definitely get nostalgia in the future, especially by the current kids and teens.

Samee! I`m already missing 2017 & we`re only 3 days into 2018 which is weird. People need to stop being so negative and look at the many brightsides that we have of this decade. The world might not be at peace right now but it surely hasn`t been as peaceful before as it is now. We got technology to help us. So many great things that are being left out. I swear...

Written By: Slim95 on 01/03/18 at 1:01 pm

I may miss certain parts of the 2010s like my university years. But I will never miss the 2010s as much as I miss the 2000s. The 2000s will always be the best time for me.

Written By: temaichi on 01/03/18 at 1:02 pm

I still hate music, I have ever since 1999.  ;D

Movies are still okay, especially this explosion in horror movies. TV isn't my taste, but it sure as heck is better than today's 'music.'

There`s alot of music i hate today aswell but one thing i did last year that i`ve never done before is too look into the underground artists and i can tell you right now. There`s sooo many artist out there that are better then what`s in the mainstream. You just have to look for it. It dosen`t matter what you like Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop. There`s artist out there waiting to get your attention and they`re bringing alot of different sounds. Some songs that came out last year sounds like they were mae in the 90s or 80s. But don`t sit there and say that music as a whole is terrible these days because it ain`t.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/03/18 at 1:03 pm

The 2010s do not even hold a candle to 2000-2006 lol

I miss those days as well a lot!

Written By: John Titor on 01/03/18 at 1:03 pm

I may miss certain parts of the 2010s like my university years. But I will never miss the 2010s as much as I miss the 2000s. The 2000s will always be the best time for me.

The 2000s  > 2010s
IN EVERY
WAY thus far LMAO

its not even a question

Written By: John Titor on 01/03/18 at 1:03 pm

I miss those days as well a lot!

Esp 2002 LOLOL
it was like living in Disneyworld in Suburbia

Written By: temaichi on 01/03/18 at 1:04 pm

Again; you basically grew up in the 2000s so that makes alot of sense for you to say that. It links back to exactly what i was saying. This decade has basically been my time of growing up and that`s why i love it so much. You get to go to school, see your friends, social media, and so much more and so was your time in the 2000s because that was your time of growing up.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/03/18 at 1:42 pm

Again; you basically grew up in the 2000s so that makes alot of sense for you to say that. It links back to exactly what i was saying. This decade has basically been my time of growing up and that`s why i love it so much. You get to go to school, see your friends, social media, and so much more and so was your time in the 2000s because that was your time of growing up.

I firmly believe the most exciting time of life and the time in which pop culture is most relevant to a person is from age 14 up through about age 25.  For me, the '10s have been my decade of fading relevance.  In the '20s I'll be just another old person.

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/03/18 at 1:43 pm

Samee! I`m already missing 2017 & we`re only 3 days into 2018 which is weird. People need to stop being so negative and look at the many brightsides that we have of this decade. The world might not be at peace right now but it surely hasn`t been as peaceful before as it is now. We got technology to help us. So many great things that are being left out. I swear...

I bet back in the 2000’s, people were complaining about the present time and not looking on the bright side. I’ve seen it happen a lot. I’m just trying to live in the 2010’s and appreciate it’s culture while we have it, because we are never ever getting this decade back again.

Written By: Bab2781 on 01/03/18 at 1:47 pm

I was born in 1981& I gotta say the 10's have been the worst decade I've lived in. And I don't see the 20's being any different.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/03/18 at 1:51 pm

I was born in 1981& I gotta say the 10's have been the worst decade I've lived in. And I don't see the 20's being any different.

What year did you feel like you started falling out of touch with current culture?  For me it was 2013 so I would imagine for you it would have been some point in the late 2000s.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/03/18 at 1:56 pm

I bet back in the 2000’s, people were complaining about the present time and not looking on the bright side. I’ve seen it happen a lot. I’m just trying to live in the 2010’s and appreciate it’s culture while we have it, because we are never ever getting this decade back again.

They were, but the kids loved it. I sure wasn't complaining back then lol.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/03/18 at 1:59 pm

What did you think of the 00's decade?

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/03/18 at 2:24 pm

I already miss the early 2010s. 2015-2016 definitely has its positives, my inspirations, guest of university, sudden overcome of social anxiety with the ladies and my 20s.

Written By: John Titor on 01/03/18 at 2:31 pm

its weird tho, back in the early 2000s people didnt seem to harken back to past as much ,aside from the 80s
I was in Junior high then and most people my age did not get the references to 80s culture like that 80s show, tab soda etc

Written By: John Titor on 01/03/18 at 2:34 pm

What did you think of the 00's decade?

Having been in Junior high in the early 2000s
it was amazing, it felt like we all had  a center for culture
TRL, morning music videos,  WWF wrestling, everything was contained and not fragmented.
Going to the movies then was a big deal as well. There was no SJWs at all.  Videos games were so much
better like ps2 and gamecube, the mid 2000s were good as well with the pop punk sub culture and myspace becoming a "grunge"
like movement.

Cable tv was at an apex from late 2001- 2006,

I don't mean to bash the 2010s because its your decade growing up, but the 2000s really were that good thats why people are so passionate about it lol

Written By: Milk on 01/03/18 at 2:51 pm

I'm not . Bring on the 2020s  :D

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 01/03/18 at 3:48 pm

Like 98.9% of people who dislike the '10s are over the age of 18 and aren't in the target audience anymore.

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/03/18 at 4:03 pm

Like 98.9% of people who dislike the '10s are over the age of 18 and aren't in the target audience anymore.

Not to sound ageist or anything, but I've noticed that the majority of people who don't really like the 2010's were born in 1999 and before, most people born from 2000 onwards seems to like the 2010's culture, even with them turning 18 this year it still seems that way. It's just something I've noticed.

Written By: ofkx on 01/03/18 at 4:04 pm

My teenage years will be entirely in the 2010s, so I'll definitely miss it.

Written By: wixness on 01/03/18 at 8:29 pm

I'll only really like the technology of this decade. Other than that, I'm not a big fan of some of the music (most of the music I have is from the previous decade) that they have today. The only reason why I like the fashion is because of sleeveless hoodies and short shorts for guys making somewhat of a comeback, but I'm still not convinced by it.

My teen years were in the 2010s. I spent most of it envying the guys who wore or were able to have their hair long and those who had rather non-mainstream tastes in music. I wish I were a teen in the 2000s - I didn't like that short hair on guys became trendy again, and that the music started sounding bland. It didn't matter so much about the lyrics, since I almost never pay attention to them or they had similar themes to that of 2010s music, it was the sound itself that I had an issue with.

Written By: temaichi on 01/03/18 at 9:18 pm

Not to sound ageist or anything, but I've noticed that the majority of people who don't really like the 2010's were born in 1999 and before, most people born from 2000 onwards seems to like the 2010's culture, even with them turning 18 this year it still seems that way. It's just something I've noticed.

I was just about to say that after reading these replies. I`m not being rude but people just don`t get it. What i`m trying to say is that the time where you grow up in your teens is the memories you treasure the most because you remember most of the things that were spent on that time & you also went to school, met your friends, had no job and stress about money. That should be the biggest highlight of your life. The biggest reason to why we love this decade should be the fact that we`ve grown up in it. That should come first.

I wouldn`t say 1999 and before because theres alot of people i know that prefer this decade over the 2000s. I would say 95 and before that. People that were born in the 80s and early 90s wouldn`t really get it because their highlight wasn`t in the 2010s it was a previous decade depending on the year they were born. You feel me?

Written By: temaichi on 01/03/18 at 9:25 pm

They were actually! I was lookin` back at the old forum posts inthe00s and i saw alot of posts about how the 90s were great and the 2000s were seen as a horrible decade just the way we look at the 10s today and i bet that people in the 2020s including me will be like "Ahh, man. The 2010s wasn`t actually as bad as we made it seem. I miss it..." Not saying everybody will but alot of people will definetly say that. Each decade is the same. People always gotta be hatin` on the current decade. Like chill, yo...:P

Written By: temaichi on 01/03/18 at 9:36 pm

I'll only really like the technology of this decade. Other than that, I'm not a big fan of some of the music (most of the music I have is from the previous decade) that they have today. The only reason why I like the fashion is because of sleeveless hoodies and short shorts for guys making somewhat of a comeback, but I'm still not convinced by it.

My teen years were in the 2010s. I spent most of it envying the guys who wore or were able to have their hair long and those who had rather non-mainstream tastes in music. I wish I were a teen in the 2000s - I didn't like that short hair on guys became trendy again, and that the music started sounding bland. It didn't matter so much about the lyrics, since I almost never pay attention to them or they had similar themes to that of 2010s music, it was the sound itself that I had an issue with.

I get what you mean. But nobody told you that you couldn`t. I say; Go for it! Grow your hair hair out and wear whatever the hell you want. Life is too short to be worrying about what other people think.

When i started college in September, 2017. I was suprised by how many emo`s and goth`s there were. People were standing out and i loved it! I was very shocked cuz i thought it died in the 2000s but it clearly hasn`t.

Old bands from the 2000s and reuniting. Some bands went for the pop route which sucks i guess but that dosen`t mean that you can`t look for amazing underground bands and alot of young people that grew up listening to rock and emo in the 2000s are bringing it back andyou gotta have confidence for it even though Hip-Hop is the most popular genre of the decade. But one things that`s different is that Emo made it to Hip-Hop.

The guy in my profile picture is Lil Peep. You should try and listen to him. He died in November at the age of 21 but he tried to fuse Emo, Alternative Rock with Hip-Hop and he`s done an amazing job and i`m sure it will inspire alot of young people to go for a more rock type of music

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 01/03/18 at 10:55 pm

I've loved the 2010's so far and absolutely do think it's a great time to be a teen, personally. All of my teenage years are contained in this decade and I'll be turning 20 in 2019, so I'm on my last teen year now.

I like the music, video games, and the culture in general, honestly. :)

I know SharksFan isn't a big fan of them, but I'd say most people born in 1999 including me like the 2010's. I'd agree with temaichi and say probably 1995 and before.

Written By: wixness on 01/03/18 at 11:25 pm

I get what you mean. But nobody told you that you couldn`t. I say; Go for it! Grow your hair hair out and wear whatever the hell you want. Life is too short to be worrying about what other people think.

if not my parents stopping me from getting my hair long, then my workplace. Either way, I'm screwed.
When i started college in September, 2017. I was suprised by how many emo`s and goth`s there were. People were standing out and i loved it! I was very shocked cuz i thought it died in the 2000s but it clearly hasn`t.
Now if only I could find people who are in their twenties or slightly younger with this look, and not just the girls.
Old bands from the 2000s and reuniting. Some bands went for the pop route which sucks i guess but that dosen`t mean that you can`t look for amazing underground bands and alot of young people that grew up listening to rock and emo in the 2000s are bringing it back andyou gotta have confidence for it even though Hip-Hop is the most popular genre of the decade. But one things that`s different is that Emo made it to Hip-Hop.

The guy in my profile picture is Lil Peep. You should try and listen to him. He died in November at the age of 21 but he tried to fuse Emo, Alternative Rock with Hip-Hop and he`s done an amazing job and i`m sure it will inspire alot of young people to go for a more rock type of music

I just want the old stuff back. It might make it sound fresh what with them mixing hip hop into it, but the emo I know didn't have that sound.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 01/04/18 at 12:40 am

I know SharksFan isn't a big fan of them, but I'd say most people born in 1999 including me like the 2010's. I'd agree with temaichi and say probably 1995 and before.

It's interesting though, because most of my 99'er friends aren't particularly fond of the 2010s either. I asked them once when they thought music went downhill and they all answered with 2010. :P I think opinion over the 2010s is pretty evenly split, to be honest. A lot of people our age do like them, but there's also a big proportion who don't.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 01/04/18 at 1:37 am

It's interesting though, because most of my 99'er friends aren't particularly fond of the 2010s either. I asked them once when they thought music went downhill and they all answered with 2010. :P I think opinion over the 2010s is pretty evenly split, to be honest. A lot of people our age do like them, but there's also a big proportion who don't.

Really? Hmm, I was going off of my own anecdotal experiences, most people I know our age like today's music, but it could be more mixed, if so, I wouldn't expect early 00's people to be that different though, honestly.

Written By: Wobo on 01/04/18 at 6:20 am

I`m already getting nostalgic for songs that came out in 2011-16` like what the hell? Even early 2017. 

Holy heck as I strongly miss 2012-2014 i sometimes miss early 2017 also.

Written By: Wobo on 01/04/18 at 6:26 am

I was watching a video on "Sounds every 2010s kid remember" most of the kids born after 2000 wish they were a 2000s kid after that point. Even the ones born in 2003/04

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/04/18 at 8:13 am

Really? Hmm, I was going off of my own anecdotal experiences, most people I know our age like today's music, but it could be more mixed, if so, I wouldn't expect early 00's people to be that different though, honestly.

Most people born in 1999 do like the 2010’s as that was the decade they grew up in as teenagers. They’re still in the target audience.

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/18 at 11:51 am

I get what you are saying , but 2000's were not as fragmented as today, if you have no memories of highschool/junior high you will have no idea what I mean.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/05/18 at 4:08 pm

I never thought i would say this because i`ve been hating on this decade everywhere but it hasn`t really been as bad as what people make it look like. Especially for teenagers like myself. This decade is probably the best era of all time for teenagers to grow up in. You have social media like Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Music.ly, and YouTube to connect with each other easily and it`s easy to find entertainment and music through streaming services. The video games of this decade are soo good aswell with better graphics.

I`m already getting nostalgic for songs that came out in 2011-16` like what the hell? Even early 2017. I`m getting memories from growing up and i think that should be the best time of your life when you grow up as a teenager and you all probably have memories from your teens that you treasure alot. Same goes for us teens in this decade.

I always talk about how the 2000s were great and all but i believe that i`m gonna miss the 2010s more when we move over to the 2020s. I will be reflecting alot of memories from growing up in this decade and i`ll miss it badly. I can feel it coming as we are about to transition to a whole different decade. It`s sad but does anybody see what i`m talking about? :\'(

Everybody has fondness for the era in which they grew up. Usually. I miss that part of the 2000's when I was in my teens. I wonder what the next decade will bring.

I've loved the 2010's so far and absolutely do think it's a great time to be a teen, personally. All of my teenage years are contained in this decade and I'll be turning 20 in 2019, so I'm on my last teen year now.

I like the music, video games, and the culture in general, honestly. :)

Yes, maybe an unpopular opinion, but I love some of the video of this decade!

Written By: kingofthetemple on 01/05/18 at 4:18 pm

I will probably miss 2010 and 2011 but the rest of the decade I won't miss one bit the 00s I will miss always and the late 90s.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 01/05/18 at 5:48 pm

I will miss the 2010's too. I'll always miss the late 2000's/early 2010's the most but I can relate to missing this decade. If I had to choose between 2000's and 2010's I would choose 2010's every time. Even though my life hasn't always been smooth this decade I've enjoyed it pop culturally and I can't believe we only have this year and next!

Written By: HeyJealousy on 01/05/18 at 6:03 pm

Not me.
I might miss the first half, but the 2015-2017 era has been a sore point in both my life AND pop culture/atmosphere. Especially in 2016. A pox on that clusterf*ck of an year. 2017 was an improvement in almost ALL regards (sans politics), albeit a slight improvement.
I expect more of the same (more or less) politically until' the 2020 election wraps up. That's okay, I can ignore politics. I can't ignore pop culture (when it's in my face) and the sh*tty external circumstances surrounding MY personal life.
But in both personal and pop-culture fields, 2018 is looking more and more promising by the day. So fingers crossed (even though I'm an agnostic and don't pray)

Written By: Slim95 on 01/05/18 at 6:07 pm

I for sure won't miss 2010 - 2012 as that will always be a dark time for my life.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 01/05/18 at 6:11 pm

I will note, though, that 2011 was (overall) a fantastic year for me personally, with one exception: losing my 67 y/o maternal grandmother to breast cancer. But she's been anticipating death since the summer of 2010. She suffered quite a bit during the 3-4 months before her death. She was happy to go, and didn't want the family to mourn her forever.
2011 was great for me, in that I was entering early adolescence during this year. First crushes, a brief kiss or two, newfound freedom and independence, a lingering sense of innocence, etc. I'd venture to say that 2011 probably WAS the best year from my subjective standpoint. I turned 13 that year. 2005, 2012 and 2013 followed close behind.
The last half of 2016 was so sh*tty, dark and bleak for me: that I had actually deeply contemplated suicide on a few occasions. More than once, I found myself on the verge of taking my father's pistol, boarding the passenger seat of his truck, sucking on the barrel and pulling the f*cking trigger. I told myself: "I might as well pull it off tonight, whether my folks like it or not".
But I underwent therapy, 2017 was a slow but steady uphill ride and I'm doing just fine today.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 01/05/18 at 6:12 pm

I for sure won't miss 2010 - 2012 as that will always be a dark time for my life.

I'm sorry to hear that, man.
2016 was beyond dark for me, whereas 2010-2012 were among the most peaceful and fun years of my life.
2016 was dark for ME and I literally have the scars to prove it.

Written By: Milk on 01/05/18 at 7:13 pm

I sure as hell won't miss 2014-2017 aka my highschool years. Those were most bleak and darkest times of my life.

Written By: temaichi on 01/06/18 at 9:18 am

I'm sorry to hear that, man.
2016 was beyond dark for me, whereas 2010-2012 were among the most peaceful and fun years of my life.
2016 was dark for ME and I literally have the scars to prove it.

I totally agree with you! Everything you said here is basically my life. :-X
2017 was my recovery and became the best year of my life since 09`.

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 01/06/18 at 3:04 pm

I already miss 2010-2016. I grew up in this decade so it's very meaningful to me... :P

Written By: kingofthetemple on 01/06/18 at 11:38 pm

To me the 2010s aren't that fun and are mostly boring there's minimal good things about the 2010s,but at least we have good technology.

Written By: 2001 on 01/10/18 at 8:48 pm

My friends are starting to miss our university years like 2010-2015. When we get those Facebook "5 years ago" memory posts with a picture from 2nd year I get a lot of comments like "I miss those days", "what a time bro" etc.

Written By: christopher on 01/12/18 at 7:32 am

I can relate, I miss 2013 only and the first half of 2014 when I could just be happy.
It's not so bad, but the things that make it look bad is people are going crazy.
You say social media connects, but most of the comments on YouTube are negative, inflammatory, etc.

In 2013 I came to the conclusion that whether pop culture and music are great or not, what really matters is being surrounded by loving people and enjoying the simple pleasures in life like beautiful sunsets, nature, beaches, walks in the parks, just pausing this hectic lifestyle and opting for experiencing the present moments as that's all we have. ;)

I felt like the happiest person in the world in 2013-2014... working for what is about 310$ / month. Imagine that! So yes, money don't buy you happiness. :) I have to regain that confidence and will to enjoy the pleasures of the world.

Written By: temaichi on 01/12/18 at 6:59 pm

I can relate, I miss 2013 only and the first half of 2014 when I could just be happy.
It's not so bad, but the things that make it look bad is people are going crazy.
You say social media connects, but most of the comments on YouTube are negative, inflammatory, etc.

In 2013 I came to the conclusion that whether pop culture and music are great or not, what really matters is being surrounded by loving people and enjoying the simple pleasures in life like beautiful sunsets, nature, beaches, walks in the parks, just pausing this hectic lifestyle and opting for experiencing the present moments as that's all we have. ;)

I felt like the happiest person in the world in 2013-2014... working for what is about 310$ / month. Imagine that! So yes, money don't buy you happiness. :) I have to regain that confidence and will to enjoy the pleasures of the world.

That`s very inspiring, man. Thanks. :)

Written By: Wobo on 06/02/18 at 1:53 pm

I'm gonna miss the 2010s also

Only 2010-2014 though  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 06/02/18 at 2:00 pm

I'm going to miss the 2010s. The whole thing, from beginning to end! The early 2010s are already classic.

Written By: Wobo on 06/02/18 at 2:05 pm

I'm going to miss the 2010s. The whole thing, from beginning to end! The early 2010s are already classic.

Yep!  ;)

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/02/18 at 3:23 pm

That's because as time passes we forget all the crappy things about that decade. As we're living through it we pay more attention to the things we don't like because it's right in front of our faces. With that being said, you can paint every decade as a great decade, so I'm sure you'll enjoy the 20s as well. Make sure to cherish it.

Written By: Wobo on 06/02/18 at 3:26 pm

That's because as time passes we forget all the crappy things about that decade. As we're living through it we pay more attention to the things we don't like because it's right in front of our faces. With that being said, you can paint every decade as a great decade, so I'm sure you'll enjoy the 20s as well. Make sure to cherish it.

Defintely true, unfortunately the 2020s will probably be hated on while it's happening also but when it's over we'll cherish it and talk about how good it was.

I hope the 2020s isn't apocalyptic  :-X

Written By: Slim95 on 06/02/18 at 4:06 pm

I hope the 2020s isn't apocalyptic  :-X

It very well may be. It seems like things are only going down from here.

Written By: Shemp97 on 06/02/18 at 5:00 pm

Nope. The only year I'm gonna miss from this wack apocalyptic decade is 2010.

Written By: ofkx on 06/02/18 at 5:14 pm

I'm gonna miss it for sure. My high school, middle school, and most of my elementary school years are all in the 2010s, so it would be weird if I didn't miss it in the future.

Written By: temaichi on 06/04/18 at 12:08 pm

I'm gonna miss it for sure. My high school, middle school, and most of my elementary school years are all in the 2010s, so it would be weird if I didn't miss it in the future.

Exactly. Same here! :\'(

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/04/18 at 12:48 pm

Nope. The only year I'm gonna miss from this wack apocalyptic decade is 2010.

2010 😍

Written By: Wobo on 06/04/18 at 2:04 pm

The 2010s is my home.

Written By: bluedust on 06/04/18 at 6:00 pm

The 2010s is a fun decade for us teens imo. I’m gonna miss it, but I cannot wait to be an adult in the 20s.

Written By: Wobo on 06/04/18 at 6:34 pm

The 2010s is a fun decade for us teens imo. I’m gonna miss it, but I cannot wait to be an adult in the 20s.

Same i'm techinically a 2010s teen i turned 13 in 2017.

Written By: bluedust on 06/04/18 at 6:43 pm

Same i'm techinically a 2010s teen i turned 13 in 2017.

I’ll turn 18 and graduate in 2020, so I’ll start the new decade off in college and I am so excited!

Written By: Wobo on 06/04/18 at 6:45 pm

I turn 18 and graduate in 2020, so I’ll start the new decade off in college and I am so excited!

I'll be 16 in 2020 and will start off the decade as a 10th grader, honestly 2020 isn't far so i'm very excited to see what comes once when transfer from December 31st 2019 to January 1st 2020.

Written By: bchris02 on 06/04/18 at 6:49 pm

I really hate that I've had to spend this decade basically imprisoned in a small hillbilly town in the state of Oklahoma, watching the world move on without me.  I really think this could have been a great decade for me had I made different decisions.  I'm not super optimistic about the '20s.  First of all, I'll be turning 40 in 2025 and that means I am well past my prime.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/04/18 at 7:08 pm

I really hate that I've had to spend this decade basically imprisoned in a small hillbilly town in the state of Oklahoma, watching the world move on without me.  I really think this could have been a great decade for me had I made different decisions.  I'm not super optimistic about the '20s.  First of all, I'll be turning 40 in 2025 and that means I am well past my prime.

Don't be so depressive, man. Your prime is as long as you take care of yourself. I'm in the same boat with you still.

Written By: 2001 on 06/04/18 at 7:19 pm

This was James Denton when he was 42.

Warning: shirtless pic
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d6/46/58/d646589db06f2629cb56830fc03d1c6b.jpg

If that's what being past your prime looks like then sign me up  :-[

Written By: Rainbowz on 06/05/18 at 1:04 pm

People in 2020: *Listens to just one song from 2020 that they don’t like.*
People: Is this seriously how 2020’s music will be? This decade has the worst music. I miss the 90’s, 2000’s, and 2010’s!

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 4:34 pm

The people who are gonna be the most nostalgic about the 10s are mainly 00s born since you guys were kids and teens throughout this decade. I'm probably not gonna be nostalgic about the 10s till at least 2025 since I'll spend the entire decade as an adult.

Written By: christopher on 06/08/18 at 11:25 am

B.s., I will miss the early 2010s just as any teen! ;)

Written By: 2001 on 06/08/18 at 12:23 pm

B.s., I will miss the early 2010s just as any teen! ;)

Same! I don't want to say I'm nostalgic, but I already reminisce a lot about 2011-2015 and I was 18-22 then.

Written By: temaichi on 10/13/18 at 4:33 pm

Same! I don't want to say I'm nostalgic, but I already reminisce a lot about 2011-2015 and I was 18-22 then.

I can feel it too now. Even 2016 & last year. Idk, each year has it`s own special story for me.
Growing up in this decade and seeing people come & go. Learning from mistakes while having my fun is something i`m gonna look back to with a smile for sure. I`m missing 2010-2013 alot though. Innocent times. :)

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/13/18 at 4:51 pm

If there are no physical barriers in your way...this is a choice.

You have fun crying in Okiehoma, I'm gonna have fun in my 40s!  :D

Written By: Dundee on 10/14/18 at 8:14 am

The decade ain't over yet folks

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 10/14/18 at 8:18 am

People in 2020: *Listens to just one song from 2020 that they don’t like.*
People: Is this seriously how 2020’s music will be? This decade has the worst music. I miss the 90’s, 2000’s, and 2010’s!

I can DEFINITELY see that happening.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/14/18 at 8:36 am

I would not worry about the end of the 10's.

We have the 20's to look forward to more outstanding music from the likes of Ke$ha and Pitbull.  8)

Written By: mwalker1996 on 10/14/18 at 7:33 pm

For me it was an ok decade. I more nostalgic for the early 10s and 2017 atm since I was in high school during the frist half of the 2010s, and had the best year in college in 2017. I didn't enjoy early 10s pop-culture at the time I do miss the more classic Youtube layout and seeing the big shift hapening with technology. Like Slim95 I'm always going to prefer the 2000s over the 10s, but the 10s will definitely get it's appericition by us 90s borns once we get halfway through the 20's. It's nice to see more people are defending the 10s while still in the decade when people talked about the 2000s back in the early 10s it was always with negativity and hate.

Written By: John Titor on 10/14/18 at 9:29 pm

For me it was an ok decade. I more nostalgic for the early 10s and 2017 atm since I was in high school during the frist half of the 2010s, and had the best year in college in 2017. I didn't enjoy early 10s pop-culture at the time I do miss the more classic Youtube layout and seeing the big shift hapening with technology. Like Slim95 I'm always going to prefer the 2000s over the 10s, but the 10s will definitely get it's appericition by us 90s borns once we get halfway through the 20's. It's nice to see more people are defending the 10s while still in the decade when people talked about the 2000s back in the early 10s it was always with negativity and hate.

I have said it before 2012- early 2016 until pokemon go was a huge wash.
Late 2010s have been more pop culture than those years, The mid 2010s have this dark vibe to it

Written By: bchris02 on 10/15/18 at 1:05 am

I have said it before 2012- early 2016 until pokemon go was a huge wash.
Late 2010s have been more pop culture than those years, The mid 2010s have this dark vibe to it

Dystopian future movies were big then.  I consider them to be a defining aspect of mid 2010s culture.  It seems like that fad died out when the final Hunger Games movie flopped.  That was also the end of Hollywood trying to milk more money out of moviegoers by splitting the third movie in a trilogy in half unnecessarily.  Typically they have to stretch out the plot to do this which ruins the pace and weakens both movies.  This is what ruined Peter Jackson's The Hobbit in my opinion. 

Written By: John Titor on 10/15/18 at 1:12 pm

Dystopian future movies were big then.  I consider them to be a defining aspect of mid 2010s culture.  It seems like that fad died out when the final Hunger Games movie flopped.  That was also the end of Hollywood trying to milk more money out of moviegoers by splitting the third movie in a trilogy in half unnecessarily.  Typically they have to stretch out the plot to do this which ruins the pace and weakens both movies.  This is what ruined Peter Jackson's The Hobbit in my opinion.
mid 2010 s was TERRIBLE for movies lmao

aside of Force Awakens and maybe Iron Man 3, Avengers

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/15/18 at 2:32 pm

I'm not gonna miss it.  sheesh.  It was the worst decade ever.

Written By: Milk on 10/16/18 at 9:20 am

This. Bring on the 2020s!

Written By: temaichi on 10/19/18 at 8:42 am

Don`t be silly. It`s not the worst decade ever.
What about the 60s? 40s? There were alot of problems back then in our society. Look at how far we`ve come. Appreciate it.

Check for new replies or respond here...